SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

We were there this year, the 13-26. School vacation started in Mass on the 16, and the crowd levels significantly increased. In addition, there was a marathon happening, and the south America tour groups were in full force. My suggestion would be to try the end of the month, and to avoid the holiday weekend. Weather was cool the majority of the time, we are northerners, and we needed sweatshirts most days and every night. I think we had 2 or 3 days where we could swim.

Thanks for this info. We have Presidents week booked already and I am glad to get some info on crowds/weather. We have done Easter week the past 5 years so I was thinking that we should be fine on Presidents week. We will be doing a Disney Dream cruise at the end of our trip so I am pretty sure that we will get at least some warmth in the Bahamas.:)

My personal fave are the rooms right off the lobby in the "new" section. I believe they are the 2102 area. Close to everything, overlooks the pond/gazebo and we have always found it to be very quiet. I read on here that someone stayed in that area and said it was too noisy for them. But I have never heard any noise. I mean there is always the rare moments when an excited child squeals in the hall, but that's about it.

Does 2xxx in the Palm mean you do not have to ride the elevator? I read somewhere that to go to 1xxx you have to go down. I like the idea of being up, but no elevator. But, I wasn't sure since I only read that one time! Thank you!!!

Does 2xxx in the Palm mean you do not have to ride the elevator? I read somewhere that to go to 1xxx you have to go down. I like the idea of being up, but no elevator. But, I wasn't sure since I only read that one time! Thank you!!!

2 is lobby level. :)

My BF and I are planning a trip in September. I have been doing a lot of research to get us the best deals, and at first glance it seems that red, white and blue package is a great deal but they are doing a 30% discount on rooms in September. From everything I have read about the buffet at SOG, breakfast seems great for price but the dinner leaves something to be desired. So my question is, is the plan worth it? I figured it out that if we got the 30% off room and just bought the breakfast buffet (@$11.95, price on website) we would have $45 per day savings to use for another meal. Does this seem like a fair trade off? I know my BF could probably eat $45 meal by himself in the park but I figured I can hopefully pack enough snacks to keep his meal prices down. I also am worried about the hours at dinner. Is SOG convenient enough to come back for dinner then head back out to the parks again if its worth the package is worth it?

$45 a day will definitely get the two of you a counter service meal and some snack, but not a so much a table service meal with tip. But we are going to SOG in April during the free breakfast promo, and don't have solid plans of eating there exclusively. There is so much food to experience at WDW, that to lock yourself into one restaurant is kinda a crime. ;).

Hello all! Quick question: we have a reservation at OKW for dinner. What would be the best way to get there? TIA

Hello all! Quick question: we have a reservation at OKW for dinner. What would be the best way to get there? TIA

Bus to Downtown Disney(from the Poly). The DTD bus from SOG doesnt come very often. You can get an OKW bus or take the boat from there.

No, but you can walk from SOG to Poly and catch the monorail or a MK/EP bus there. Or take the SOG TTC bus that runs constantly and get to MK/EP from there.

First of all, why would she want an EPCOT bus when she can take the monorail?:confused3 Secondly, OKW is out by downtown Disney...therefor you want to go out to DTD to get to OKW.

Oh and just a note to everyone, they are starting the construction of the DVC at the Poly which is going to be running very near to or over the pathway you walk to Poly to catch the monorails. Just take that into consideration if you are going to be going and staying at SOG for the next few years...

First of all, why would she want an EPCOT bus when she can take the monorail?:confused3 Secondly, OKW is out by downtown Disney...therefor you want to go out to DTD to get to OKW.

Oh and just a note to everyone, they are starting the construction of the DVC at the Poly which is going to be running very near to or over the pathway you walk to Poly to catch the monorails. Just take that into consideration if you are going to be going and staying at SOG for the next few years...

While the Poly is currently undergoing a rehab/refurb of all its longhouses, there has been no confirmed DVC news. The latest rumor regarding Poly DVC suggests that a number of bungalows will be built out on Bay Lake similar to the Hilton Bora Bora Nui. It is unlikely that any Poly DVC plans will be confirmed and released by WDW until the Grand Floridian DVC is completed sometime later this year, possibly early 2014. I don't believe the pathway to the Poly from SOG will be blocked anytime soon, if at all. Just my 2¢.

We have not stayed at SOG for several years. That being said, we do have reservations to stay there mid December. We took advantage of the "Deck the Palms" special. We will most likely just eat breakfast there as I know we will want to eat in the parks. However, I am curious if they still do "themed dinner" buffets or if they just offer a standard buffet menu each night. I looked at the menus on All Ears and it is over a year old. Thanks so much.

I have read this whole thread. Good stuff! I saw a few posts about the palm suite, but was looking for more info. Does anyone know where they are located in the resort( what room numbers) also I saw someone say if more than 6 Adults were in the room an extra charge was applied. Anyone know what that charge is? Lastly anyone who has stayed since April 1 st have pool renovation information!? Thanks in advance!

Ohh I am considering taking a whole family (parents and in laws) vaca in two years... I got excited a little too early eh? Anyway I am wondering if anyone has taking children around age 4 and if you felt it was a good age for them to go.

I have read this whole thread. Good stuff! I saw a few posts about the palm suite, but was looking for more info. Does anyone know where they are located in the resort( what room numbers) also I saw someone say if more than 6 Adults were in the room an extra charge was applied. Anyone know what that charge is? Lastly anyone who has stayed since April 1 st have pool renovation information!? Thanks in advance!

Ohh I am considering taking a whole family (parents and in laws) vaca in two years... I got excited a little too early eh? Anyway I am wondering if anyone has taking children around age 4 and if you felt it was a good age for them to go.

The suites are located in the outer bend of the palm suite, if that makes sense, I think there are four floors of them all located there, on the inner bends you have the smaller suites, on all four floors. You have a huge suite for 14 people on the second floor only directly straight from lobby and on the outer part of building. The suites in Mongolia are at the start of the very back building, away from the Mickey pool on the outer wall facing the golf course, there are three there. Not sure if there are any more. As for an extra adult charge I think it is always $15/ extra adult. A four year old is a great age, although I think any age is. But a 4 yo will remember some of vacation and is still into the believing age, and also is old enough and tall enough for most rides.

Sorry I can not read every post, legally blind here. We go in three weeks, I am hoping to order tickets early and have them ready at the desk. I have heard you can now do this. I have not recieved an email thru and when I called I was told they don't do that. I called back to the ticket place and left a message. We could go to base this week and try to get them there, but thought it would be easier to get them at SoG. If it matters we will be getting the myw/phwp&m 10 day tickets, not the promotional or the Stars and Stripes, although I want the Stars and Stripes we are there 12 days and want to at least be able to use the passes if not in park. Please help

Thank you! It's harder to find info on this resort than the other resorts. I am sure it's because not as many people are able to use SoG. I can get on YouTube and tour pretty much any room to any other resort. I may make a video tour for the room when I go for others who wonder about it. So thankful to have found this site!

I have taken my son at age 1,3,&4 (yes, I'm obsessed:)) but I found that 4 was absolutely a magical age. This was last summer and he loved absolutely EVERYTHING from rides to shows to meeting characters. He was over his fears from the year before and still young enough to believe the magic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter