SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

We will be at SOG in 19 days. :yay::yay: I have a couple of questions:

How is the wine selection and the prices at the store? Do they carry any rum or burbon? I looked at the pictures on the previous thread and didn't see either. :goodvibes

Where do I find a bus schedule? We plan on trying out the SOG buses for DTD and maybe even MK. We can always go on over to the Poly and jump on the monorail, however I want a back up plan since the monorail sometimes is down.

Angel16

The bus schedule is posted down at the bus stop. What my hubby did, which we found to be very useful, was to take a close up picture of the schedule with his cell phone. That way, if we forgot what the schedule was, we could just pull it up and we didn't have to carry a piece of paper around.

The only time we didn't care for catching the Shades buses was from Hollywood and Animal Kingdom if we just missed it. Too long a wait in between. If that was the case, we hopped over to the Disney buses and caught either the TTC bus or the Poly bus. But the Shades buses are always on time. :thumbsup2

Have a blast!

also a note about beer/wine. AAFES won't sell to anyone without a military ID. So if you have guests staying in other rooms you will need to do their beer purchasing for them. :)

hopefully none of you are travelling with mooching brothers who 'forget' to pay you back for the beer. :rolleyes2

Thank you ALL for the information on wine and alcohol as well as the bus schedule. Sound like our "needs" will be taken care of there. :rotfl: Not too picky on the wine as long as it isn't box wine. :scared1:

We are getting excited and needed to start moving out to get everything ready for our trip. :moped:

Jusero- Great idea of taking a picture of the bus schedule on our phone. We will do that. :thumbsup2

I need to contact a car company to transport us from the airport to SOG so will try to take care of that tomorrow. Still have some items to buy for the trip and need to get everything ready for our house sitter and our fur babies. We are avoiding bring out the suitcases until the last as they get really depressed when they see them. :rolleyes2

Angel16

Thank you ALL for the information on wine and alcohol as well as the bus schedule. Sound like our "needs" will be taken care of there. :rotfl: Not too picky on the wine as long as it isn't box wine. :scared1:

We are getting excited and needed to start moving out to get everything ready for our trip. :moped:

Jusero- Great idea of taking a picture of the bus schedule on our phone. We will do that. :thumbsup2

I need to contact a car company to transport us from the airport to SOG so will try to take care of that tomorrow. Still have some items to buy for the trip and need to get everything ready for our house sitter and our fur babies. We are avoiding bring out the suitcases until the last as they get really depressed when they see them. :rolleyes2

Angel16

Did you choose a car company yet to take you back and forth to the airport in Orlando? If not, I can make some great suggestions. :)

Angel16

we rented a car this year as the price came to less than what we'd pay for a car service.

We always use Tiffany Town Car and have found them polite, clean, nice, and prompt. :)

we rented a car this year as the price came to less than what we'd pay for a car service.

We always use Tiffany Town Car and have found them polite, clean, nice, and prompt. :)

who did you rent from? We always use ******** which is now $120 RT but we are thinking of renting this time around.

We've always used Sun.... Ray. It's a small business with SUV's and we'll absolutely recommend them and use them again. Tricky how it edits company names. $105 rt with a stop if you want.

yeah I hate that it edits...mine should say sun...........state which is $120 RT with a stop. But we are now going down a day early and I was thinking of maybe hitting up the Disney Outlet store just to check it out since we have NO Disney Stores near us anymore. Anyway so I thought hmmm rent or just go with our usual car service. But Im not finding anything to rent for the same amt or cheaper. Plus Im trying to decide if I want to pay $5/day for it to sit at Shades in case we want to use it other than the one day. Thanks for that other place, Im going to check it out!

We always rent a car when we are at WDW.. I looked through Travelocity 6 months prior to our trip and everything was around $ 600.00 for 11 days.. I checked everyday at the 3 month mark and booked one at $210.00.. Then I kept checking and the price was $167.00 (This included all taxes and fees) about 3 weeks prior to our vacation.. There are good deals to be had you just need to be persistent..:)

We always rent a car when we are at WDW.. I looked through Travelocity 6 months prior to our trip and everything was around $ 600.00 for 11 days.. I checked everyday at the 3 month mark and booked one at $210.00.. Then I kept checking and the price was $167.00 (This included all taxes and fees) about 3 weeks prior to our vacation.. There are good deals to be had you just need to be persistent..:)

Thanks....Im gonna keep looking and trying to convince myself it is worth it ti have a car for a change :)

We used FLTOURS and I can't say enough great things about them.
When our flight # changed and we didnt think to alert them, the driver called when we were in ATL connecting to check on us. We left him a message lettinghim know what our flight # was changed to and he was at the airport waiting for us. They are very nice, and offer a grocery stop. They also talked to us about the area.

I would def. go with them again. :)

we rented our car from Alamo - 109 including tax for a Tuesday to Monday. We did have to pay for parking at SOG, but that was minimal. And we never used the car to go to a park, only DTD and BB and hotels. But it was so worth it, just for those times.

I suggest you get in on one of the threads in the transportation forum. There usually is a monthly thread where people post best rates and codes. I checked that daily - and then sometimes watched rates change 2 or 3 times a day. The nice thing with cars is that you can book and cancel as often as you like.

Did you choose a car company yet to take you back and forth to the airport in Orlando? If not, I can make some great suggestions. :)

No I still need to do that. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I had looked into renting a car, but the prices for our trip were pretty high. Sounds like I need to do some new research.

So many of you seem to be finding some great deals.

Angel16

No I still need to do that. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I had looked into renting a car, but the prices for our trip were pretty high. Sounds like I need to do some new research.

So many of you seem to be finding some great deals.

Angel16

My suggestion is about 3 posts above yours, so 4 posts above this one. :D

I have a ticket question that I hope someone here can answer.. The past 4 years we have used the Salute tickets and have had to activate them at the front gate.. This year we will have to buy the Magic Your Way tickets because most of our days there are blacked out..(Easter) Do you need to activate those tickets too or just go through the turnstile? Thanks for any answers..:thumbsup2

I have a ticket question that I hope someone here can answer.. The past 4 years we have used the Salute tickets and have had to activate them at the front gate.. This year we will have to buy the Magic Your Way tickets because most of our days there are blacked out..(Easter) Do you need to activate those tickets too or just go through the turnstile? Thanks for any answers..:thumbsup2

those are already ready to go- just regular old tickets. No activation needed.

I'm more than half way through my trip!! :( I have been solo this whole time (and I have to say I've been LOVING it!!), and my dh will be joining me tonight to spend the last two days together!! He was suppose to be here yesterday, but Isaac messed things up for us. He's at Keelser AFB in MS and he has been delayed due to the storm. Hoping for clear roads so he can get here this evening and spend the holiday weekend with me!! :goodvibes

aHHH Hope DH got there.. Keep us updated? Darn Issac!

Finally after months of planning and anticipation we will be at Shades DAY AFTER TOWORROW!! :cool1::banana::cool1::banana: Ok, just excited. A little. lol

I have read many post on here about having a car vs not having one. For us, it's never been an issue since we are only a 6 hour drive away and always have our car. But, we never use it the whole time we are there. Never had the need to. I suppose we must take it for granted that it is there if we need it. Not sure how I would feel otherwise. Though on vacation we don't want to have to navigate anywhere on our own. lol As for the $5 fee to park at Shades, to me, that is chump change and not something I find out of line whatsoever.

Nomad: WOW have wonderful trip!!! You are so lucky being only 6 hours away. You know out of all my trips I can only remember not renting a car once. I love the convenience. Hey $5 a night is nothing.. Universal hotels charge $17 a night

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter