~ Sew Sweet 16 ~I’m packing your angry eyes just in case~Aug 2014~ BFF' bag 8/20!!!!

Hey D, just popping in. I know you said you aren't sure about the trip if it will happen. I really hope it does!
I have really been struggling with this for fall, to me changing the date is not an option and I will not push it another year. After running numbers even at a value, it is beyond stretching it for us. If V does come, I really think we need more room. I think having V or V and I in a separate bedroom than my parents is better and more comfortable for everyone. 2 rooms at a value blows us up budget wise and that's cheaper than the suites, so it means that we are staying off site. It is killing me to not stay onsite, but in order to go on a trip at all, it is just what has to happen. We are looking at Whyndam Bonnet Creek. It is located right beside Carribean Beach. Closest to property I think you can get. Through a time share rental company, we'll pay $100 for a 2 bedroom Condo, or $120 a night for a 3 bedroom. Not sure if that would be an option to consider. you would have your own rooms, I believe it is 3 bedrooms and a pull out sofa so you'd all have your own room. If you will consider off site it is a good place to look at it seems. (Trust me, it is killing me! but when I think that we will be able to do so much more with the savings...) we're looking at $2600 for a room & 8 days of Tix at WBC vs. $3,640 at POR or $2770 at POP. We will rent a car due to my mom's scooter I think, but you can use their buses. It seems like they come at scheduled times every 30 min. I think for us having that extra space is needed.
:sad2: but it means going to Disney. :cheer2:

I hope you trip happens too. Just think of it this way at least your not driving 4 kids cross country to get there!!! :scared1:

My sincere apologies, but I don't have time to do replies this morning... I ~ sort of ~ overslept. Sigh. I will either do them tonight when I get home, or I will do them in the morning.

I work an early shift at Target today, I do expect to get "talked to" - since I did have to call-in from TN last week. :confused3 Oh well...

Last night was kind of crazy... Alli had track practice from 6-7:30, which threw our entire night off track. Gus had to work late, and didn't make it for dinner...

So, I took Alli to town, dropped her off... On the way, I realized I forgot my phone at home. :scared: Normally I would just grumble, but last night was the night I had to open to take orders for next year... I recruited Josh to do the task for me. :thumbsup2 What a great guy! I encouraged him to sit there for a minute and watch - it is kind of fun to see. After a few seconds, he told me there were 7 replies, and then a few seconds later "scratch that, 22 more"... Hahaha... So, I think in less than 20 seconds, I filled for the next year. :eek: This is my job security and what keeps me doing this, so it always makes me happy to "have a job" for another year. :thumbsup2 Congratulations to anyone here who happened to get a spot. :flower3:

Meanwhile, V and I were picking up her new glasses... They look so adorable on her - and she can finally SEE! She is a happy girl!

Again... I work at Target today. Sigh.

I hope you all have a wonderful day... Sending out prayers and good thoughts to all who need them. :grouphug:

D~

Good Morning my friend!

So excited that you got your flights! What great timing we all have on arrival...that will make it fun. We will all be at the baggage claim at the same time :). 63 days and counting....

Love the Fox n Hound bag. One if Bradey's favorite movies. And I love the simple background....really puts the focus where it should be, on your amazing handiwork :)

So sorry about the horrible situation in your town. This time of the year it seems the northern states especially see way too much suicide. Unfortunately, we have our fair share around here too :( And this winter has just been so bad for depression. We need warmth and sun!

Ahhhhh....that rhubarb cake is fantastic! I can almost taste it again. Along with those grilled veggies Josh cooked us. Yum!

I hope your "talking to" isn't too bad this morning. :crazy2:

I had kind of forgotten about you taking orders last night but I happened to be on Facebook when the notice popped up. I had fun watching the madness. ::yes::

It was pretty crazy to watch it fill up so fast! But it is proof that you do an amazing job on your bags and it is worth the time and every penny spent on them.

Great job on the Fox and the Hound bag! I remembered at the last minute and by the time I got to your Facebook page I knew I was too late! Congrats on filling your spots so quickly, bring on the auctions!

Hope your "talking to" is painless.

So excited that I was fast enough on Facebook last night! I can't wait to see my bag - in 6 months or so :)

Hope the "talking to" goes ok. I didn't expect any thing else than the spots for your bags filling up extremely fast.

How did i get that far behind???
Love the fox and the hound bag!!!!!! another HUGE HIT!!! Totally missed the auction last night! i got a bit busy..

YES AWESOME DIS MEET!

I cannot wait this is going to be even more epic! :cool1:

So many fun adventures to be had!

Good Luck on work today... :flower3:

Good luck with your talking to.

I forgot about you taking orders. Oh well always next time. I do still love mine so I'm not to heartbroken.

Shoot! Missed another sign up for one of your bags!! Yesterday Jennifer got her new cast and didn't get home until 7:30PM. They left for the hospital at 8:30AM!!! So to say I was busy was an understatement and on top of that it snowed all day long. I was soooo tired last night, I wouldn't have known how to place a bid anyway probably. HaHa! I'm glad ( but not surprised) it filled so quickly. You never have to worry about job security, my friend!:thumbsup2

The Fox and the Hound bag is so cute! I do love that interior fabric as well. Great color choices as usual. You are amazing!:cheer2:

Whatever you hear today from your supervisor won't be as bad as that witch a few weeks ago, at least I hope not! Your trip was totally worth the slap on the wrist you'll get. I'm sure you are one of their more conscientious workers, so don't sweat it.

Glad V got her glasses and loves them.:cool2:

Love the bag, as usual! Makes me sooooo excited that I'll get one now too!! :)

Man, that was intense last night! Lol!!! Your talents are very sought after! I'm not surprised!

The fox and hound bag is really cute. I like the way the colors look together.
I'm glad V got her glasses. As someone who's worn glasses for years, I know how great it is to get new ones.
I hope the talking to wasn't too bad. Our store manager always talks to us using her mother voice when any of us get called to the office.
I can't remember who asked but I live about 30 miles Northeast of Cleveland in a small town right on the shores of Lake Erie. I have friends in the Akron area and go down to the National park in the summer.
Liz

I hope Target was good to you.

Trying to make an effort to Dis more. I have missed it.

I love Frozen, but I think Tangled is still my absolute favorite Disney movie. But, I love so many of them, it's hard to pick just one favorite. Has Gus seen Planes? He might like that one. I haven't seen it, but the theme is similar to Cars I guess.

Yah - Tangled is my favorite too... I just loved everything about it.

I am not sure if Gus has seen Planes? I will ask him, but we don't own that one, so if he wants to see it...

Are you having an auction? I'm not part of the FB crowd, so did I miss something????

I did not have an auction, but I opened up to take custom orders for next year.

On your Annual Epic Dis-meet/Birthday Extravaganza weekend!!!
you all should plan our Epic Rent a 15 Passenger Van Pick up DISers Along the Way Trip to Disney!

This is seriously my dream trip... I really want to do this some day - it would be a BLAST! Just think - if I started here in MN, drove down through WI and picked up Tasha, then into Chicago to grab Mo... Then pick up anyone else we can on the way to TN to grab Oopsi... Then down through Atlanta to get Ariana and Nini. I would map my route, and anyone who wanted to meet up with us and join in at any point could - then we would arrive for a week in WDW. WOuldn't that be EPIC???? :eek: The only question is, how would we get home? LOL Not sure I would want to drive all the way back here after being in WDW. :scratchin

My embroidery machine quit on me right in the middle of a little something for your Dad's birthday!!!! This was Sunday. I'm so angry because it was doing just fine and then right in the middle of stitching, it decided it didn't want to do it right any more. I've had this machine for less than two months! I will take it in when I get home, but meanwhile I can't use it while I'm here. Not that I have that much time to do anything, but I wanted to get something to your Dad. I will finish it when I can and just randomly send it. At least I got his card out.

Bummer about your brand new embroidery machine, I hope they are able to fix it in a timely manner. Did you fly with it? If so, how did that work? Thank you though for thinking of my Dad, and sending him a card, today is his birthday. :flower3:

I can't wait to get back into my sewing room. Dan is redoing it while I'm here and he's sending me pictures. It looks just like I planned and wanted. I'll have RED countertops!!! Fun! I hope you have a great day!!

Oooh - Red countertops!!! HOw exciting! I hope you'll post pictures when you get home.

I hope Jennifer is doing OK - I haven't had a chance to get over to your TR to check up on her. It's been crazy here the last few days.

Progress picture looks awesome! Good job, you rock!

Thanks Terri!! I've been working diligently at it! :thumbsup2

Wow, D, your progress picture is incredible when you see how far you've come! You have tiny ankles, too!

I hope your auction was successful last night!

Thanks Abby! LOL at my ankles... I had to go back and look at them, because I've never noticed. :rotfl2: Now, if my behind would just follow suit.

Thank you for sharing the cake recipe, I am totally going to try it...just as soon as I can figure out where to get some rhubarb. I am pretty sure Walmart will have it...

I wish I could help you with that. I think you can buy it at the grocery store? It might just be available seasonally (in the summer)... It grows wild here, we have a few plants in our garden, it's specifically V's job all summer long to cut it - since she is in charge of rhubarb cake making. :thumbsup2 I wish I could send you some, but I am not sure it would make it there.

Frozen update: Gabe is obsessed with the music now. We hear it being played on youtube all. the. time. And he sings it at the top of his lungs.... love him and love the music, but it is all getting old fast!

Hahaha! I couldn't believe the pictures you posted of him last week (when you posted the Pixie Dust from Cheeky) how much he has grown up. :scratchin

I'm hoping to getting back to a better work out schedule soon, but between the weather and so much left to do before our convention season starts I've been slacking and only walking at a mall once a week. It's better than nothing, right?

Yes, it is better than nothing - don't get down on yourself. I've learned a lot in the last several months, and the most important thing to remember is that your body is more about what/how much you eat, than it is about working out. Don't get me wrong - working out is an important piece, but over doing it is harmful too. Which is why I lift 2x a week and I do light aerobics 2x a week - that is all I do. Consistancy is the key - it may take longer, but the over all affect is more lasting. I think that's why I've been able to stay with it for so long... It's not difficult to fit it into my schedule 4x per week. So, just keep on, keepin' on - that's the important part. ::yes::

And are you certain that spring is coming? We got snow in Chicago last night!

LOL - No, I am not... but I am on strike just the same. Capris and flip-flops every day. :beach:

Fox and the Hound is such an underated Disney movie! The bag is adorable, I love how you carried the interior fabric through to the lanyard. The little caterpillar on the wallet is brilliant!

Thank you - it was truly a fun set to make!

Love the Fox and the hound bag. The colors are perfect. Need to go see your progress pictures.

Thanks! It's truly great to see you back Dising!

That interior fabric is amazing! Charlotte has been requesting her Fox and the Hound book a lot lately. I think I have a fuzzy childhood memory of seeing the movie in the theater and being scared. That movie always makes me sad, although it is a good movie.

Thanks! I've only seen the movie a few times, and we own it... I need to make a point to watch it again soon.

Love the fox and hound bag. I remember taking my oldest dd to the drive-in to see the Fox and the Hound, many years ago......sigh.

Such a good memory... They grow too fast.

I went into a music store at the mall yesterday evening and Let it Go was playing. I almost bought the cd, but I'm pretty sure I can find it on ITunes and I have a balance there, so I just need to be home one evening to down load it - and other things....

Yes, I am sure you can find it on Itunes. :thumbsup2

Yet another D masterpiece.

THanks Kathy!

Once again a lovely bag you have made. Love the colors.

How nice that Gus comes for dinner so often.

I watched the first season of Once upon a time. But when the season ended and it was so obvious that they wouldn't stop after season 2 I stopped watching it.

THanks Lillian.

Yes, it is nice that Gus comes for dinner so often. He is a good kid, and fun to have around.

LOL - We are just fininshing up the first season... I love it. I also love that the seasons are so long - unlike Downton Abby where it's only 5 or 6 episodes, then you have to wait another year for 5 or 6 more. That annoys me.

Another fly by....Whoooshshsh

Although I'm not a great Fox & Hound Fan, as always the bag is great. I actually like the simplicity of it - the green and brown earthiness.

Thanks Ruth!

Have fun on the great epic get together. even if it is a while.

We will - now that we all have our airfare purchased (we all land with in 5 minutes of eachother... so that was executed perfectly) we are all in full planning mode. :cheer2:

I'll check in again tomorrow after the maddening crowds lessen and I can breath - or more rightly speak: I lost my voice today & fully expect to every day, at least for a little while. Allergies and Asthma + loudness = lost voice.

I hope you survived with your voice intact. :flower3:

Hey D, just popping in. I know you said you aren't sure about the trip if it will happen. I really hope it does!
I have really been struggling with this for fall, to me changing the date is not an option and I will not push it another year. After running numbers even at a value, it is beyond stretching it for us. If V does come, I really think we need more room. I think having V or V and I in a separate bedroom than my parents is better and more comfortable for everyone. 2 rooms at a value blows us up budget wise and that's cheaper than the suites, so it means that we are staying off site. It is killing me to not stay onsite, but in order to go on a trip at all, it is just what has to happen. We are looking at Whyndam Bonnet Creek. It is located right beside Carribean Beach. Closest to property I think you can get. Through a time share rental company, we'll pay $100 for a 2 bedroom Condo, or $120 a night for a 3 bedroom. Not sure if that would be an option to consider. you would have your own rooms, I believe it is 3 bedrooms and a pull out sofa so you'd all have your own room. If you will consider off site it is a good place to look at it seems. (Trust me, it is killing me! but when I think that we will be able to do so much more with the savings...) we're looking at $2600 for a room & 8 days of Tix at WBC vs. $3,640 at POR or $2770 at POP. We will rent a car due to my mom's scooter I think, but you can use their buses. It seems like they come at scheduled times every 30 min. I think for us having that extra space is needed.
:sad2: but it means going to Disney.

Honestely - I have not looked into any off site options. I stayed off site once, and I vowed never to do it again. Many people love it, but it just didn't work for us. However, I agree - any trip to Disney is better than nothing, so if going off site will work for you, then I would jump at it. Granted, we did not stay at WBC - and I have heard FANTASTIC things about it... So, if we were ever to stay off site - it would be there for sure.

a day at a time. That's all I can do.

So am I even though it might not be right away.

Cute new bag. Love the fox and the hound.

Thanks Sandra. I hope potty training is going well yet.

I hope you trip happens too. Just think of it this way at least your not driving 4 kids cross country to get there!!!

Now, that will be an EPIC trip! :thumbsup2

D~

Good Morning my friend!

So excited that you got your flights! What great timing we all have on arrival...that will make it fun. We will all be at the baggage claim at the same time. 63 days and counting....

I know!!! I am so excited to have flights! I think you get in 5 minutes before Tess and I do... So, we don't even have to meet at baggage claim - we can meet eachother at the gates! :woohoo:

Love the Fox n Hound bag. One if Bradey's favorite movies. And I love the simple background....really puts the focus where it should be, on your amazing handiwork

Thank you. :thumbsup2

So sorry about the horrible situation in your town. This time of the year it seems the northern states especially see way too much suicide. Unfortunately, we have our fair share around here too And this winter has just been so bad for depression. We need warmth and sun!

Yes... It is truly a sad time of the year for so many.

Ahhhhh....that rhubarb cake is fantastic! I can almost taste it again. Along with those grilled veggies Josh cooked us. Yum!

LOL I'd forgotten that V made her rhubarb cake while you were here... I made roasted veggies last night, and thought of you.

I hope your "talking to" isn't too bad this morning.

I didn't even get talked to about that... Sigh... But I did get talked to about something else...

I had kind of forgotten about you taking orders last night but I happened to be on Facebook when the notice popped up. I had fun watching the madness.

I enjoy watching it too... It's kind of fun.

It was pretty crazy to watch it fill up so fast! But it is proof that you do an amazing job on your bags and it is worth the time and every penny spent on them.

Yes, it is crazy, but it's fun to watch. Josh had never seen it before - he just heard me tell him about it... So, I think he was impressed? LOL

Great job on the Fox and the Hound bag! I remembered at the last minute and by the time I got to your Facebook page I knew I was too late! Congrats on filling your spots so quickly, bring on the auctions!

Thanks! I hope to get back to doing auctions again soon, I really need to get this trip paid for.

I hope your "talking to" goes okay.

THanks Kathy... They didn't even talk to me about that... This time it was something else completely... Sigh.

Hope your "talking to" is painless.

So excited that I was fast enough on Facebook last night! I can't wait to see my bag - in 6 months or so

Congratulations!!! So happy you were able to snag a spot. :thumbsup2

Hope the "talking to" goes ok. I didn't expect any thing else than the spots for your bags filling up extremely fast.

THanks Lillian... I was talked to about something else this time... Sigh.

How did i get that far behind???
Love the fox and the hound bag!!!!!! another HUGE HIT!!! Totally missed the auction last night! i got a bit busy..

YES AWESOME DIS MEET!

I cannot wait this is going to be even more epic!

So many fun adventures to be had!

Good Luck on work today...

Super excited for the Chicago trip! It is going to be super Epic!!!! :cool1:

Good luck with your talking to.

I forgot about you taking orders. Oh well always next time. I do still love mine so I'm not to heartbroken.

Thanks! Yah - they talked to me about something else totally this time. Sigh.

I am glad to hear that you still love your bag!

Shoot! Missed another sign up for one of your bags!! Yesterday Jennifer got her new cast and didn't get home until 7:30PM. They left for the hospital at 8:30AM!!! So to say I was busy was an understatement and on top of that it snowed all day long. I was soooo tired last night, I wouldn't have known how to place a bid anyway probably. HaHa! I'm glad ( but not surprised) it filled so quickly. You never have to worry about job security, my friend!

WOW - I cannot believe how long it took... I bet you were tired! Sounds like it went well though?

Yah - I always worry that my spots won't fill... That will be the day I close my shop. :thumbsup2

The Fox and the Hound bag is so cute! I do love that interior fabric as well. Great color choices as usual. You are amazing!

Thanks! I am very happy with it.

Whatever you hear today from your supervisor won't be as bad as that witch a few weeks ago, at least I hope not! Your trip was totally worth the slap on the wrist you'll get. I'm sure you are one of their more conscientious workers, so don't sweat it.

Yah - true - she was a winner, wasn't she? LOL I did get a talking to yesterday though - but not about what I thought it would be...

Glad V got her glasses and loves them.

They are so adorable on her!

Love the bag, as usual! Makes me sooooo excited that I'll get one now too!!

Man, that was intense last night! Lol!!! Your talents are very sought after! I'm not surprised!

I was happy to see your name on my list - that is awesome! Yah - it gets pretty intense and competitive, but it's fun to watch... It just means that I am doing something right, I guess. :thumbsup2

The fox and hound bag is really cute. I like the way the colors look together.
I'm glad V got her glasses. As someone who's worn glasses for years, I know how great it is to get new ones.
I hope the talking to wasn't too bad. Our store manager always talks to us using her mother voice when any of us get called to the office.
I can't remember who asked but I live about 30 miles Northeast of Cleveland in a small town right on the shores of Lake Erie. I have friends in the Akron area and go down to the National park in the summer.
Liz

Thanks! I love how it turned out too...

Yah - they do look so cute on her, I am glad she likes them. By default, she will get new ones next year too - since she will be on our vision insurance.

I did get a talking to yesterday, but not about what I thought...

I hope Target was good to you.

Trying to make an effort to Dis more. I have missed it.

Target was good, but I did get a talking to.

I am glad to see you here more - I've missed you!

First off... Target... Yah - so I get there yesterday morning, I had to ring the buzzer to get into the store, since we weren't open yet. So, the LOD comes to let me in, and she asked if I am even on the schedule today... Rut-roh... (not again...). I told her I thought I was, and she told me to double check, because I was supposed to be there on Tuesday. :eek: WHAT??? I have NOT been scheduled on a Tuesday in well over 3 years! :confused3 So, I got a "talking to" about "no call, no show"... My first ever in the 8 years I have been there. However, my talking to wasn't really a "talking to" - since it was an honest mistake and one that's never happened to me before... Also, we just started a new scheduling system - so now we can view our schedules online... It just rolled out with this current schedule. Now I have to figure out how to do it. I work on Monday next week (I haven't been scheduled a Monday in over 2 years...) - so I think this new scheduling is going to throw my entire world into a spin. :scared: Anyways... I did stay and work yesterday, even though I wasn't on the schedule - as an effort to make up for the day before. Sigh.

Nothing else exciting happened yesterday.

Today, I have to get started on this week's bag order. I am still running 2 days behind - which bothers me a lot. I hope to make up for some of it today. I am planning to work late today and tomorrow and hopefully catch up.

I also have to start sifting through all of my PMs from taking orders the other night. Believe it or not, this takes a LOT of time... It's not easy sorting through everyone's dates and trying to accomodate everyone, but I do my very best. I may start it this morning, if I have time... I'd like to be completely finished by tomorrow (or even better, tonight), so I can get my deposit invoices sent.

I am lifting this morning too... I was still a little sore yesterday, but no soreness at all today. I am thinking I may back down my heavy weights for the next few weeks, at least for my squats... I really want to try and get my form better - well my form is good - but my range of motion - I'd really like to be able to go all the way to the ground with my squats. I definately go past parallel now, so I'd really like to be able to do the full ROM. :thumbsup2

Otherwise... that's about all for today. I hope you all have a wonderful one... Sending prayers and good Spring thoughts to everyone! :grouphug:

D~

I'm crazy but sorting out the schedule for your bag orders sounds fun to me - like a puzzle! Kind of like trying to figure out which park to visit on each day at Disney while avoiding crowds :lmao:

Glad the talking to wasn't that bad - and about something you didn't even realize you were in trouble about :)

You will be caught up in no time, just keep plugging along. I am also so far behind from our little Spring Break trip - I may be working this weekend which will be a first at this job. That's what I get for having too much fun! :goodvibes

Hope you have a great day! I am going to try and have a super productive day here!

Hello there D!!! I woke up this morning thinking today is a more wonderfuler day than usual - its your Dad's birthday!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. JONES!!! Hope he got my card and little something else. I would love to see more pics of your Dad; he has such a wonderful smile (just like you).

One of these days I am going to own an original D bag; one of these days. Maybe when I have kids out of college:) I love the inside of the Fox & Hound bag, too too perfect.

Shane has worn glasses since 6th grade, and Tyler just started. I guess they got their Dad's bad eyesight. I am glad V can finally see! I loved the pics of her and her new glasses.

I am excited for your news about your epic DISMEET!!! AWESOME!!

Well, I guess I had better get back to work; I wanted to pop in for a minute. Wishing you a beautiful day; prayers to you, your family, and the Birthday Dad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter