~ Sew Sweet 16 ~I’m packing your angry eyes just in case~Aug 2014~ BFF' bag 8/20!!!!

Can't Talk.... Spring Break....To Many People....

Actually, today really hasn't been too bad. But today is supposed to be the most temperate & sunny. We're expecting larger crowds later this week.

Oh the joys of working at an attraction.

Great pictures of the trip. Your in-laws sound great. I could NOT ride for 4 hours, much less 2 days with my FIL without saying something I'd regret.

Prayers and thoughts for everyone.

Ok - I'm going back to work...kinda.:surfweb:

Sorry I haven't been around much. My daughter's bridal shower was yesterday. Between that and work I was a little busy.
I was sad to hear that Allie and Gus broke up. My sister and husband dated when they were young and broke up because they didn't want to get serious that young. they got married years later and have been for almost 30 years.
You were lucky to get Frozen. I meant to buy it Saturday but we were sold out. We'd gotten 3 shipments and sold all of them. I did get it yesterday when I went out to the supercenter to pick up food for the shower.
The bridal shower went well. My daughter got a lot of very nice stuff including a couple of Disney gift cards. the shower was Disney themed, of course. We had so much food left that I stopped at work and dropped off some of the leftovers. All the food was gone this morning so I guess they enjoyed it.
I hope everyone has a good day.
Liz

I think I'm caught up, but this may be out of order.

I'm sorry about the father who committed suicide.

How nice you got to have dinner for Gus for his birthday. How did he like Frozen since it had no car scenes in it? I'm sorry you weren't crazy about it. I liked it a lot...thought it was the best Disney movie since Beauty & The Beast.

Fun DISmeets...I know how much you love those.

I'm so sorry that I won't be in Chicago when you, Suzi and Tess are here. :(

Okay...I hope I didn't miss anything.

Yay for impromptu DIS meets!! Hello Mike, good to "see" you!! Sounds like a fun time was had by all. One day I hope to get to MOA. And believe me, you'll be the first to know, D!

I hope you do Lois - I would love to meet you!

I'm sorry you didn't like Frozen as much as you thought you would. So often that's what happens when a movie is hyped so much. I went to it early on, so there hadn't been a lot of talk about it and I went with no real expectations and just loved it. Still do. But I totally get what you are saying. Did the girls like it?

We all liked it - I just didn't think it ended up in my top 3-5 Disney movies. ::yes:: I think V liked it the best.

Uh Oh, I hear Amelia is up, so gotta run. Hope you have a great day and I'll come back with an update on Jennifer once she gets back from the doctor. At least for today, she'll be free of the cast. She was all worried for the doctor to see her unshaven leg. HaHa! I'm sure he's seen much worse!!

I did read your update in your TR, I was happy to hear that. I hope she is still doing well.

Last week we had a Frozen viewing party... it was my second time seeing it and my daughter and her husband's first.

Even though we have a rather large screen tv...it just wasn't the same. I did not enjoy it as much as I did the first time. The kids of course did...and so did my husband...but I think I am a bit of a movie snob...(and they will watch almost anything that is on...no matter how bad!)

My daughter and son in law are a bit more discerning...and they also thought it was just ok. So I think it left a lot on the big theater screen... I really hate movies like that...love them in the theater and only just like it at home.

Saving Mr Banks and Mary Poppins will be here either today or tomorrow...I can't wait to see them.... (I have only ever seen Mary Poppins on a small tv....so I know it should be good! LOL)

Nini

I can see where it would be really awesome in the theater, I didn't think it was awful - I just didn't like it as much as Tangled and some of the others.

i don't know if i am going to remember everything here.. But i did read it all..
glad you got your Dis meets in. Very awesome. Sorry about the banquet being a bust.

Loved the Dismeet with Mike - I've had a lot of them in the last week, so it was really cool to have another. Anyone else coming to MN? :surfweb:

hope A got some great pictures?!?

Well, she took a lot of them, but as far as I know - she hasn't started editing yet. :confused3

So.. Gus and A broke up?? How is hanging out being broken up?
I am cracking up at your 360 change on A dating..

Well, they did break up... but I really think they are back together. They are hanging out way more now than they were before. :wizard:

I know... I know... But really - he won me over when he first called me "ma'am"... LOL Any boy who can come into my house (with his pants pulled up), call me Ma'am, and dig right into our family life... Well, he is welcome here, as long as it's something Alli (or eventually V) wants. :thumbsup2

Did V like the movie? Kinda want to see that too..

Yes, she did.

Sorry to hear about the suicide.

I know, it is very sad. Alli intends to go to the wake/funeral... I am a bit nervous about that - I don't do well with those sorts of things, but I will have to go, because I don't want her going alone.

We are back! Had a great time at Disney. I'm looking forward to turning my PTR into a trip report and sharing all the details - although it will probably be a couple of days (at least) before I get started. Lots of catch up to do at work and I've only uploaded the pictures from 1 of the 3 cameras we used to my computer so I've got to get that together too. I'm feeling inspired to scrapbook this trip too which I haven't done since Peyton's first trip in 2009. We'll see if the inspiration turns into motivation

Welcome back! I cannot wait to hear all about it!

Charlotte pretty much decided to be potty trained at Disney. She had a couple of accidents - she hasn't quite figured out letting us know when she needs to go number 2 - but other than that we had dry panties, dry pull ups, and dry diapers even through naps and overnight.

This is awesome! WTG!

Sorry to hear about Alli and Gus - although it sounds like things may work out.

Yah - I am pretty sure they have already worked things out? Although, I haven't heard anything official yet - I should ask.

Glad your road trip was a success and you are quickly getting caught up in your sewing room.

It was a lot of fun!

I used to really want to visit MOA but it has kinda fallen off my radar. Do they have an American Girl store? I really want to take the girls to an American Girls store one day and we'll have to at least travel to Atlanta to do it, so going to Minnesota seems perfectly reasonable

Hahaha... Yes, they do have an AG store. ::yes::

Prayers for Jennifer today, hope she gets some good news! Also, if anyone wants to say a prayer for my mother-in-law, she is having pretty extensive back surgery this morning. Hope everyone has a great Monday! I'm sure wishing I was spending this one at Animal Kingdom like I got to do last week!

Yes, sending prayers her way, for sure. :wizard:

Good Morning! Other than the sad ending (so sorry to hear that) it sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. I spend Saturday after my volunteer hours doing our taxes. Not a fun way to spend the weekend but at least they are done for another year. Sunday we just ran errands all over the place. Sad when you spend more on dog food at Petsmart than you do at the grocery store! Guess that's the downside of having four dogs.

We did have a very nice weekend, busy - but nice.

Hahaha... Yah - that is pretty sad. Even just feeding MM is expensive! I cannot imagine 4!

Hey, if you got any weird e-mails this weekend from me, sorry! My e-mail was acting weird and yahoo shut it down and made me change the password. No idea if anything strange was sent out to anyone.

I did not see anything come through, but thanks for letting me know.

Glad to hear you had a good weekend. We did as well. Charlie has been traveling so much, it was good to have him home for a few days! We went over to Home Depot yesterday, just to look around and I finally found some tile for my kitchen floor. We didn't buy it, but at least I know where it is. I think it may have to be ordered though - that will definitely be a summer project.

Yay for finding your tile... Josh just won a lot of trim for our windows - I am looking forward to finally finishing them this spring... After all, it's been 6 years since we've replaced them all. :thumbsup2

So sorry to hear about your neighbor. We have had a man missing since last summer from the next town over, and they found his body at a reservoir in Maryland over the weekend. Apparently another suicide. So sad.

Oh no, that is so sad, as well. :hug:

I'm sad that I won't be near a computer tomorrow night to order another D~ bag. I have a quilt guild meeting. Maybe next time....

Which reminds me... I don't think I ever posted the picture you posted for my I Spy album... I need to do that this morning.

You got to meet MIKE!!! Sounds like a great weekend... other than the disappointment over the banquet you were so looking forward to.

I know! I was super excited that I was able to meet him, and it worked out so perfectly! He is just as nice IRL. :thumbsup2

Would you care to share the Rhubarb Cake recipe? I have never tried rhubarb at all, and I am intrgued...

Yes, I can... It's pretty easy.

Rhubarb Cake

1 yellow cake mix (mixed per directions)
1 pint heavy whipping cream
2 cups rhubarb (cut into approx 1" chunks)
1 1/8 Cup sugar

Pre-heat the oven to 350 deg. Grease and flour a 9x13 cake pan, pour cake batter into pan. Then lay rhubarb chunks on top - distributing evenly. Pour sugar over the top of the rhubarb - distributing evenly. Then pour cream over the top of the sugar - distributing evenly. Bake for 55 minutes. Cool and keep refridgerated...

It's a 1000x better served with vanilla icecream. :thumbsup2

Brian and I really liked Frozen. We LOVED the music from it. And, B even told the kids over the weekend, that we needed to own that one...and he has NEVER made that statement about a Disney movie. I just what a Disney lover he has become.

The music was good... I still have Let it Go playing in my head, and I only saw the movie once. LOL

Jealous about having a Disney lover for a DH...

I just had to stop by and squee for a moment!

I just booked my flight to Chicago (I was the last one to book) for our

Annual Epic Dis-meet/Birthday Extravaganza weekend!!!

It's officially May 28 - June 1... Suzi, Mo (obviously - LOL), Tess and I will be there... We have so much fun stuff planned to do. Very excited!

For those of you who haven't guessed... 2015 is taking place on the Island of Maine.

Thanks for letting me share my excitement.

D~

Just making sure you all saw this! Sooooo excited!

That is one handsome looking fella in your last update!!

Hahaha Mike. :wizard:

First, thanks for the kind words...it was really awesome to meet you guys, even though I feel like I already know you. Very glad to have my first DisMeet!! The next one will have to be at Disney someday....or if you're ever brave enough to drive through Iowa again....read that post last night....sigh...

LOL - I am sure I will have to drive through Iowa again, it's sort-of inevitable. :moped: And when I do, I will be sure to let you know... Especially since I kind of know the round-about-area you live in. It was fantastic meeting you Mike!

Really is strange how things worked out so well timing wise. Then I read this mornings post and made things even more strange. Timing was perfect, staying at the same hotel as your previous DisMeet and then, we ate at none other than Bubba Gumps last night, and LG wasn't excited about it either.....

Wow!!! That is bizarre... And quite funny. Very glad it all worked out. :thumbsup2

Again, it was great to meet you guys!! Sorry to hear about your sad news from yesterday in your area, that's always hard for a community to go through and it happens far too often.

I know... And trying to explain that to kids, well it's just awful. Then trying to tell them that there had to be some sort of depression/triggering factor, and reassuring the girls that would never be something they would ever have to worry about either of us doing... It's just sad.

Hoping to start a PTR sometime this week of my own, I will add a link soon once it gets started and will try to be here more often!!

Looking forward to following along - and please do post the link here! :thumbsup2

How nice that you got a DIS mit at MOA. Sounds like you had a good time :
I'm glad to hear that Gus still hangs out at your house.

Sad to hear about your neighbor.

It was fun... I love doing Dismeets, and it's just awesome that I live close enough to the MOA/the MOA is a fun tourist destination that it works out well for everyone.

Yah - I am glad Gus still comes over, although - I am pretty sure he will for a while... I think he likes us? LOL

Thank you, it's just so hard and sad to see the family suffering.

Well.... Today hasn't been goig to well. I keep forgetting to ask him!! OOPS!! We'll get there though just a matter of time.

Just keep at it. :thumbsup2

Of course I'd tell you. You'd probably be the first to know.

OK - good. Looking forward to that day. ::yes::

Glad you had such a great day.

Sorry about the friends. Prayers for all.

Thank you!

Haha, I need to find more Texas Dis-ers! Y'all will have so much fun!!!

You and Carol should do a Dismeet? Although - Texas is a large state, just because you both live there, doesn't mean you are close. :wizard:

I need to meet more Disers IRL

I do have plans for next month.

I finally saw Monsters Unversity Friday.

Glad you were able to get your lifting in.

Yes, I think you do too.

I didn't like MU as much as the original - at all.

Yes, I am pretty sore today... I don't think I over did it, but I definately did it. LOL

Can't Talk.... Spring Break....To Many People....

Actually, today really hasn't been too bad. But today is supposed to be the most temperate & sunny. We're expecting larger crowds later this week.

Oh the joys of working at an attraction.

Hopefully the week goes quick for you.

Great pictures of the trip. Your in-laws sound great. I could NOT ride for 4 hours, much less 2 days with my FIL without saying something I'd regret.

My in-laws and I have our own issues, but we were able to put them aside for the trip. popcorn::

Prayers and thoughts for everyone.

Ok - I'm going back to work...kinda.

Thank you and good luck this week. :hug:

Sorry I haven't been around much. My daughter's bridal shower was yesterday. Between that and work I was a little busy.
I was sad to hear that Allie and Gus broke up. My sister and husband dated when they were young and broke up because they didn't want to get serious that young. they got married years later and have been for almost 30 years.
You were lucky to get Frozen. I meant to buy it Saturday but we were sold out. We'd gotten 3 shipments and sold all of them. I did get it yesterday when I went out to the supercenter to pick up food for the shower.
The bridal shower went well. My daughter got a lot of very nice stuff including a couple of Disney gift cards. the shower was Disney themed, of course. We had so much food left that I stopped at work and dropped off some of the leftovers. All the food was gone this morning so I guess they enjoyed it.
Liz

Sounds like a great bridal shower - so happy for you that it went well.

INteresting about your sister and husband - glad it worked out for them.

And happy to hear you were able to get Frozen.

I think I'm caught up, but this may be out of order.

I'm sorry about the father who committed suicide.

Thank you Kathy.

How nice you got to have dinner for Gus for his birthday. How did he like Frozen since it had no car scenes in it? I'm sorry you weren't crazy about it. I liked it a lot...thought it was the best Disney movie since Beauty & The Beast.

His exact quote was "Cars was much better" - LOL. See, and I loved Tangled... Tangled happened to knock out all of the other movies for me.

Fun DISmeets...I know how much you love those.

Yes, I do.

I'm so sorry that I won't be in Chicago when you, Suzi and Tess are here.

Okay...I hope I didn't miss anything.

It's OK... I wish you were going to be there too, but I totally understand. Our paths will cross again some day.

I had a good day in my sewing room yesterday. I should be done with last week's bag order before lunch - I hope. I am still 2 days behind, but I'll slowly catch up.

Gus did come for dinner last night, he came earlier than normal and left earlier than normal. We all had some great conversations though - so that was cool. Even Josh is starting to warm up to him a little bit more. :wizard: It sounds like he is coming for dinner again tonight.

After he left, Josh and I watched 3 episodes of Once Upon a Time... We are both sooo into that series right now. We are still on the first season, but it's an awesome show. The first 2 seasons are on Netflix, so if you haven't started watching it - I highly recommend. :wizard:

I did go back to lifting yesterday. I didn't do my normal lifting program (New Rules of Lifting for Women) - instead I did Stronglifts 5x5... It was quick and a good work out. I may switch to that one for a few weeks? We'll see. Regardless, it felt good to be back lifting after my week+ off. I am a bit sore this morning, but it's a good sore. Also, on an added note, I did post a progress picture at the bottom of this post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=49959632&postcount=5 I plan to update with my thoughts from March one day this week.

That's about all for today. I hope you all have a wonderful day - spring is coming, and I just cannot wait! Prayers and Pixie Dust to all! :grouphug:

D~

Liz

I keep meaning to ask you where in Ohio you live. I live in the Akron area.

Sounds like a great shower….Disney themed is the best!!

I love Frozen, but I think Tangled is still my absolute favorite Disney movie. But, I love so many of them, it's hard to pick just one favorite. Has Gus seen Planes? He might like that one. I haven't seen it, but the theme is similar to Cars I guess.

Are you having an auction? I'm not part of the FB crowd, so did I miss something????

On your Annual Epic Dis-meet/Birthday Extravaganza weekend!!!
you all should plan our Epic Rent a 15 Passenger Van Pick up DISers Along the Way Trip to Disney!

My embroidery machine quit on me right in the middle of a little something for your Dad's birthday!!!! This was Sunday. I'm so angry because it was doing just fine and then right in the middle of stitching, it decided it didn't want to do it right any more. I've had this machine for less than two months! I will take it in when I get home, but meanwhile I can't use it while I'm here. Not that I have that much time to do anything, but I wanted to get something to your Dad. I will finish it when I can and just randomly send it. At least I got his card out.

I can't wait to get back into my sewing room. Dan is redoing it while I'm here and he's sending me pictures. It looks just like I planned and wanted. I'll have RED countertops!!! Fun! I hope you have a great day!!

Wow, D, your progress picture is incredible when you see how far you've come! You have tiny ankles, too! :)

I hope your auction was successful last night!

Thank you for sharing the cake recipe, I am totally going to try it...just as soon as I can figure out where to get some rhubarb. I am pretty sure Walmart will have it... :thumbsup2

Frozen update: Gabe is obsessed with the music now. We hear it being played on youtube all. the. time. And he sings it at the top of his lungs.... love him and love the music, but it is all getting old fast! :rotfl2:

I'm hoping to getting back to a better work out schedule soon, but between the weather and so much left to do before our convention season starts I've been slacking and only walking at a mall once a week. It's better than nothing, right?

And are you certain that spring is coming? We got snow in Chicago last night!

This one turned out really cute! I love the interior fabric of this one, as well. :thumbsup2

IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1494.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

IMG_1496.jpg

D~

Fox and the Hound is such an underated Disney movie! The bag is adorable, I love how you carried the interior fabric through to the lanyard. The little caterpillar on the wallet is brilliant! :thumbsup2

Love the Fox and the hound bag. The colors are perfect. Need to go see your progress pictures.

That interior fabric is amazing! Charlotte has been requesting her Fox and the Hound book a lot lately. I think I have a fuzzy childhood memory of seeing the movie in the theater and being scared. That movie always makes me sad, although it is a good movie.

Love the fox and hound bag. I remember taking my oldest dd to the drive-in to see the Fox and the Hound, many years ago......sigh.

I went into a music store at the mall yesterday evening and Let it Go was playing. I almost bought the cd, but I'm pretty sure I can find it on ITunes and I have a balance there, so I just need to be home one evening to down load it - and other things....

Once again a lovely bag you have made. Love the colors.

How nice that Gus comes for dinner so often.

I watched the first season of Once upon a time. But when the season ended and it was so obvious that they wouldn't stop after season 2 I stopped watching it.

Another fly by....Whoooshshsh

Although I'm not a great Fox & Hound Fan, as always the bag is great. I actually like the simplicity of it - the green and brown earthiness.

Have fun on the great epic get together. even if it is a while.

I'll check in again tomorrow after the maddening crowds lessen and I can breath - or more rightly speak: I lost my voice today & fully expect to every day, at least for a little while. Allergies and Asthma + loudness = lost voice.

Hey D, just popping in. I know you said you aren't sure about the trip if it will happen. I really hope it does!
I have really been struggling with this for fall, to me changing the date is not an option and I will not push it another year. After running numbers even at a value, it is beyond stretching it for us. If V does come, I really think we need more room. I think having V or V and I in a separate bedroom than my parents is better and more comfortable for everyone. 2 rooms at a value blows us up budget wise and that's cheaper than the suites, so it means that we are staying off site. It is killing me to not stay onsite, but in order to go on a trip at all, it is just what has to happen. We are looking at Whyndam Bonnet Creek. It is located right beside Carribean Beach. Closest to property I think you can get. Through a time share rental company, we'll pay $100 for a 2 bedroom Condo, or $120 a night for a 3 bedroom. Not sure if that would be an option to consider. you would have your own rooms, I believe it is 3 bedrooms and a pull out sofa so you'd all have your own room. If you will consider off site it is a good place to look at it seems. (Trust me, it is killing me! but when I think that we will be able to do so much more with the savings...) we're looking at $2600 for a room & 8 days of Tix at WBC vs. $3,640 at POR or $2770 at POP. We will rent a car due to my mom's scooter I think, but you can use their buses. It seems like they come at scheduled times every 30 min. I think for us having that extra space is needed.
:sad2: but it means going to Disney. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter