~ Sew Sweet 16 ~I’m packing your angry eyes just in case~Aug 2014~ BFF' bag 8/20!!!!

Congratulations with buying the embroidery machine :)

I hope Alli gets well soon and that no one else at your house get sick.

I'm going to Rome for 14 days next week. I haven't started thinking about what I have to pack or what I have to fix here at home before I leave. I really have to start thinking about those things.

Last week I thought I was leaving on Wednesday next week for Rome, but then I checked my tickets because the hotel wanted to know my arrival time and then I discovered that I'm not traveling from my home on Wednesday but on Tuesday :eek: I'm so glad I discovered it in time. If I didn't have to send a notice to the hotel about the arrival time I would have discovered it on Tuesday and then I would already missed my first flight. I don't know what I would do then.

Thank you Sandra. Yes - it does get hard. It usually takes my feet a full day to recover from my one shift per week at Target. I can't imagine how it would be if I worked there every day? I hope you are doing well and feeling OK... I need to go find your PTR to see if there are any updates. :grouphug:

Glad your machine has been ordered!! Always nice when you finally get something you've been wanting/saving for!!

If I remember right you have feet issues too. I have planters fasciitis and know how painful being on your feet can be. Thankfully I haven't had problems since at least April and am trying to keep it at bay. Still need to get a new pair of shoes but have a really hard time spending the money on me so close to Christmas.

So I realized I hadn't given you an update here. I did go to the Doctor yesterday and even though my numbers were all over the place she told me to not stress over it and we'll see what happens over the next couple weeks since I've only been tracking for a week tomorrow. She also said if I have to go on medication we'll try oral before needles. I also found out that between my last two appointments I have lost 5 lbs (I think all of it was this last week)!!!! She was very happy with that number and basically said if I can keep my weight the same between now and the last 4 - 6 weeks (when the baby goes through a growth spurt) we should be fine when it comes time to have the baby. But of course if I were to lose a little bit more it wouldn't hurt either (I've only gained 10 lbs this whole pregnancy now since I lost the 5 lbs but I did start out over weight.)

Congratulations on your new embroidery machine! How fun.

Just so you know, I did my best yesterday to keep the folks at my local Target busy since I had not one but two trips there! :rotfl2: I do most of my grocery shopping there anymore since I seem to always be popping for something I may as well do my grocery shopping too!

That's so awesome that you recreated Freedom Pasta. I've never had that at LTT but now you have me thinking about that. I may have to check that out.

Those stockings are spectacular. What a great heirloom they will be for everyone. My SIL made fabric Christmas ornaments years ago with everyone's name and the year of birth for the grandkids embroidered on them. They are such a special thing to get our every year. I think of those stockings in the same way.

Sorry Target wasn't as busy as you liked. I am sure it will get busier.

Can't wait to see your bag. I am loving my Mabel and think I know how I want to arrange the machines now. My only problem now is lighting so I am on the lookout for a couple of cheap OTT LITES since I broke mine but it was over 10 years old.

Have a good day sewing it is parent teachers here.

Hahaha... I have no doubt it will get busier.

I am so glad you love Mabel - I just knew you would!!! I cannot wait to see some of the work you've been doing on her. Did you do those thick seams/ruffles yet? I've never used OTT lights before - I have heard they are good, but I just use my regular lights.

I hope your day went well too!

I hate slow days at work...is much rather be busy.

I hope your new machine arrives in a timely fashion.

Sorry Alli is sick...hope she feels better soon.

I know - me too, it's so hard for me to stand there all day and be bored when I know I have a TON of work to be done at home.

Alli is home sick again today... Poor kid.

haha slow days at work seems to be the only time I can catch up around here!!!

ROFL! That is too funny - but I know there are many who have the same problem. :rolleyes1

YEAH for the embroidery machine that is on its way. I have a feeling Victoria may take a liking to it and you can put her to work on the stuff for your trips.

Bringing the Disney magic home with Freedom Pasta.

Hope Alli feels better soon.

Not sure if it is available on line yet but Joann's after Thanksgiving sales are usually pretty good and OTT Lites always seem to be on sale. (Which you probably already know).

Someone mentioned that - I think it was Nini? I will probably take some time out of my schedule to give her some lessons... She just may be in charge of that machine when I need help before our trips - if it's that easy. LOL
I am sure, the issue will be, she will start to find her own appliques that she wants. LOL

That pasta was amazing, I will have to post the recipe I used.

I'm glad you were able to buy the machine you wanted. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to arrive.
I hardly ever get slow days at work. Today should be interesting. The new Playstation gets releaved at midnight and as of yesterday we haven't gotten all of the preorders from Sony yet. I don't know what I'm working on Thanksgiving,eithe
Have a good day working on your projects. I hope Allie feels better soon.
Liz

Thank you! I am sure it will be here soon enough... My friend waited MONTHS for me to save up the $$, if she needs a bit longer to ship it - I am totally fine with that. I don't have any pressing projects for it at the moment. :thumbsup2

I know that we had received all of our PS4s the other day + some extra that weren't on pre-order. But I have no idea how many - that is VERY hush, hush. Honestly, I could care less about it - since we aren't gamers... Except for MarioKart. :rotfl2: But I doubt that counts. LOL

Congrats on getting your machine paid for!!! I do hope Alli feels better quickly. I have the same "crud" right now too...so draining on you physically.

Thanks Oopsi! She is home again today... Poor kid. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Hope Allison gets better!!! Give her a hug for me!!!

Thanks Mo! I will.

Congratulations with buying the embroidery machine

I hope Alli gets well soon and that no one else at your house get sick.

I'm going to Rome for 14 days next week. I haven't started thinking about what I have to pack or what I have to fix here at home before I leave. I really have to start thinking about those things.

Last week I thought I was leaving on Wednesday next week for Rome, but then I checked my tickets because the hotel wanted to know my arrival time and then I discovered that I'm not traveling from my home on Wednesday but on Tuesday I'm so glad I discovered it in time. If I didn't have to send a notice to the hotel about the arrival time I would have discovered it on Tuesday and then I would already missed my first flight. I don't know what I would do then.

Thanks Lillian! Oooh how marvelous to be able to go to Rome... :thumbsup2 BUt YIKES!!! So lucky that you had to look at your tickets! THat would have been awful!!! I hope you have an amazing trip... I always miss seeing your posts while you are gone.

Glad your machine has been ordered!! Always nice when you finally get something you've been wanting/saving for!!

If I remember right you have feet issues too. I have planters fasciitis and know how painful being on your feet can be. Thankfully I haven't had problems since at least April and am trying to keep it at bay. Still need to get a new pair of shoes but have a really hard time spending the money on me so close to Christmas.

Thanks! I was super excited to have a used on that was with in the price range I wanted to spend. Which is why it took me so long to get one in the first place, I was having such a hard time justifying it at full price. And this is how and the reason I learned to hand applique... I couldn't afford the embroidery machine - which was a God send in the end. It's given me the opportunity to learn a fun skill that I enjoy doing.

So I realized I hadn't given you an update here. I did go to the Doctor yesterday and even though my numbers were all over the place she told me to not stress over it and we'll see what happens over the next couple weeks since I've only been tracking for a week tomorrow. She also said if I have to go on medication we'll try oral before needles. I also found out that between my last two appointments I have lost 5 lbs (I think all of it was this last week)!!!! She was very happy with that number and basically said if I can keep my weight the same between now and the last 4 - 6 weeks (when the baby goes through a growth spurt) we should be fine when it comes time to have the baby. But of course if I were to lose a little bit more it wouldn't hurt either (I've only gained 10 lbs this whole pregnancy now since I lost the 5 lbs but I did start out over weight.)

Thanks for the update... I just went and replied in your thread this morning.
I went looking and was happy to find it there. :thumbsup2

Congratulations on your new embroidery machine! How fun.

Just so you know, I did my best yesterday to keep the folks at my local Target busy since I had not one but two trips there! I do most of my grocery shopping there anymore since I seem to always be popping for something I may as well do my grocery shopping too!

LOL Thanks Brenda... I think there was a $5 off of a $50 grocery purchase this week too? Last time they did that coupon, it was only for certain items, this time, it only excludes a few items - so it's a great week to grocery shop! I need to sneak in there today to see if there is anything I could stock up on.

That's so awesome that you recreated Freedom Pasta. I've never had that at LTT but now you have me thinking about that. I may have to check that out.

You need to try it... We just love LTT... It really is a break from the hustle and bustle of MK.

Those stockings are spectacular. What a great heirloom they will be for everyone. My SIL made fabric Christmas ornaments years ago with everyone's name and the year of birth for the grandkids embroidered on them. They are such a special thing to get our every year. I think of those stockings in the same way.

Thank you! And what an amazing gift from your SIL too! I just LOVE handmade items! I would much rather have something hand made than store bought anyday... Just knowing that person thought that much of me, it's the gesture that is the most important.

Well, I finished my custom order bag yesterday - I am quite impressed. I have put a lot of extra hours in this week, as this is a semi-new bag pattern to me. It turned out fantastic! Today I will be working on the coordinating accessory.

I have to run to town this afternoon to pick V up from school - I plan to do a little bit of grocery shopping while I am there.

Alli is home sick from school... Sore throat/tummy/headache again. I can always tell when she is sick - becuase her cheeks turn flaming red. There is no faking it for her.

If I finish my entire order, I will be back to post pictures. I don't think it will happen today, but maybe tomorrow? We will see. :scratchin

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend. Sending out prayers to all who need them.

D~

Congratulations on paying off your embroidery machine! That's the one most people seem to rave about! I'll be interested to see how you like it! I've had one in my cart at Amazon, but can't really justify it since I really don't think I would be using it much. I just want to play with one for a while ;)

How exciting to have a new machine on its way. Hope Ali gets better soon there is an aufull bug going around everyone is getting sick.

I would love an embroidery machine. But I can't hand-embroider, and I can barely hand-sew.

Do I need to know to embroider to use an embroidery machine? Or just computer-savvy?

I want to try to machine sew again. They offer courses through my county's extension program. I tried to get into the course this fall, but it was booked solid the first day. After I got the newsletter. Yesterday, I called the extension office to inquire about winter classes. The receptionist said they won't even release the schedule until mid-January, and classes won't start until late January.

Looks like I'll be hounding them starting the first of the year.

I would love an embroidery machine. But I can't hand-embroider, and I can barely hand-sew.

Do I need to know to embroider to use an embroidery machine? Or just computer-savvy?

I want to try to machine sew again. They offer courses through my county's extension program. I tried to get into the course this fall, but it was booked solid the first day. After I got the newsletter. Yesterday, I called the extension office to inquire about winter classes. The receptionist said they won't even release the schedule until mid-January, and classes won't start until late January.

You don't need to know how to sew to use the embroidery machine - I have the same one that D~ is getting. Its more of knowing how to hoop your ready-made garment so the placement is correct - and how to thread and run the machine. You do need to be a bit computer savvy to download the patterns though.

You should also look into adult ed classes at the local high school or even at a store like JoAnn's for sewing lessons. Sometimes you can find someone in your community that offers classes too.

Its more of knowing how to hoop your ready-made garment so the placement is correct - and how to thread and run the machine. You do need to be a bit computer savvy to download the patterns though.

this is all greek to me... you people amaze me in how you can do this stuff.. you create your own magic and it's awe inspiring!

Yep I bought an embroidery machine before I knew how to sew and now can sew LOL. One day I want to learn hand applique but that won't be until The dumb numbness from the pregnancy carpel tunnel goes ccompletely away. Well it has only been 5 months since I had Sami so I guess there is still time.

YEah I will have to check back on the new bag. I am updating my PTR with a Mabel out fit.

So excited to hear that you ordered your machine. You are going to love it!

Sorry to hear Alli is sick. Hope she has a speedy recovery!!

Today I get to work from home :cool1: !!! I have been cleaning up my sewing area, wrapping station, cleaning the dogs kennels, disinfecting the house, laundry and anything else I can get done. Guess you can say I am multi tasking big time. I had a really bad cold for two weeks and it has put me behind on everything. So today I feel like a million bucks and I am running all over the house getting things done.

I don't remember if I mentioned it, but this past weekend my DD and I saw Lion King on Broadway. We LOVED it! It was just amazing!!! The community college that my DD attends were selling tickets and I said let's go. The price was perfect plus it included a charter bus down to the theatre. AND we had fantastic seats.

Cannot wait to see your new bag and the big secret you are working on :scratchin

Have a wonderful weekend! Hope everyone stays healthy and that Alli starts to feel better.

Hope that your embroidery machine is shipped quickly! I have been looking at the se400, but it only has a 4 x 4 hoop and now I'm wondering if I would regret that decision over time. (I seem to remember that you wrote earlier about having to move the fabric for the larger names.) Thought I might post a question on the DisBoutiquers board about pros and cons of the se400.

DMGeurts said:
I hope you have an amazing trip... I always miss seeing your posts while you are gone.

How sweet of you to miss my posts :)

I hope Alli gets well soon and I can't wait to see your next bag. Have a great weekend :)

I'm so sorry Alli is home sick again; hopefully the rest and a weekend home she will feel better.

Have a good weekend, friend (oh, and I did do a short update yesterday in case you missed it).

Sorry Alli is sick.

Have a good day sewing.

Dreamingofcastles: I've got a machine that has a 4X4 hoop and I love being able to do the fonts and stuff but I really like that I don't have the opportunity to get lazy with the appliques because most of them I do by hand. I don't mind so much the moving for bigger words/phrases. But that's me. :rotfl2:

Thanks! I was super excited to have a used on that was with in the price range I wanted to spend. Which is why it took me so long to get one in the first place, I was having such a hard time justifying it at full price. And this is how and the reason I learned to hand applique... I couldn't afford the embroidery machine - which was a God send in the end. It's given me the opportunity to learn a fun skill that I enjoy doing.

And your hand applique's are great!! So maybe it was a good thing. But now it's ordered and I'm sure you'll still do some awesome things with it.

Thanks for the update... I just went and replied in your thread this morning.
I went looking and was happy to find it there. :thumbsup2

Glad you found it. Once I realized I didn't update I went OOPS!! That's what I get for Dising at night when I'm exhausted. :rotfl2:

I hope Alli feels better soon!! Can't wait to see the bag since it sounds like your so close to being done!!

Congratulations on paying off your embroidery machine! That's the one most people seem to rave about! I'll be interested to see how you like it! I've had one in my cart at Amazon, but can't really justify it since I really don't think I would be using it much. I just want to play with one for a while

Thank you! I am very excited about it! I have a cart full of Heather Sue's designs, but I keep waffling back and forth on them. Nini suggested that I start with something simple - like a Minnie head applique... So, I put one in my cart, and I keep thinking to myself "I could hand applique that so easily"... :confused3 But the whole point is to do something simple at first. LOL So, I went through all of her designs, and I tried to choose things that I can't do myself - which is a little difficult. I haven't pulled the trigger on my purchase yet though, I need to soon though - or I will have nothing to work with when it gets here...

How exciting to have a new machine on its way. Hope Ali gets better soon there is an aufull bug going around everyone is getting sick.

Thank you! I think she is starting to feel "better'... DH is going to his cousin's hockey game tonight, and with the promise of young college guys in the stands - well - I am guessing she will be feeling quite well today, whether she is or not. :rolleyes:

Tess gave a really great answer below - so did Chiara. So I will just second what they say. I am quite certain there are many people who add embroideries to store bought items - so theoretically - you could get by with out sewing at all. However, I have heard that somethings are easier if you open them up to embroider... Like kids tee shirts... If you open up the side seams, then embroider, then sew the side seams back in place. I have done this with hand applique before and it works like a charm. So, I think you could get by for quite some time with out knowing how to sew. :thumbsup2

You don't need to know how to sew to use the embroidery machine - I have the same one that D~ is getting. Its more of knowing how to hoop your ready-made garment so the placement is correct - and how to thread and run the machine. You do need to be a bit computer savvy to download the patterns though.

You should also look into adult ed classes at the local high school or even at a store like JoAnn's for sewing lessons. Sometimes you can find someone in your community that offers classes too.

Thanks for taking the time to answer this Tess - I really appreciate it! I have a feeling I will be leaning heavily on my friend's PE770 knowledge in the coming weeks. Going into the machine embroidery side of sewing - I know almost nothing. However, I will admit, I am very glad that my friend loaned me her machine, I did learn a lot. And since it was a Brother - I hope that the 2 machines are similar enough that I should be able to pick up on it fairly easily.

this is all greek to me... you people amaze me in how you can do this stuff.. you create your own magic and it's awe inspiring!

Hello???? We are all amazed by your photography... I am a firm believer that EVERYONE out there is blessed with a talent of some sort. Some of us sew, and some of us take amazing pictures. :thumbsup2

Yep I bought an embroidery machine before I knew how to sew and now can sew LOL. One day I want to learn hand applique but that won't be until The dumb numbness from the pregnancy carpel tunnel goes ccompletely away. Well it has only been 5 months since I had Sami so I guess there is still time.

YEah I will have to check back on the new bag. I am updating my PTR with a Mabel out fit.

I didn't know that Chiara! I never would have guessed. I knew we started sewing around the same time. You are AMAZING!!! I hope your carpel tunnel goes away soon - hand applique is so much fun to do!

So excited to hear that you ordered your machine. You are going to love it!

Sorry to hear Alli is sick. Hope she has a speedy recovery!!

Today I get to work from home !!! I have been cleaning up my sewing area, wrapping station, cleaning the dogs kennels, disinfecting the house, laundry and anything else I can get done. Guess you can say I am multi tasking big time. I had a really bad cold for two weeks and it has put me behind on everything. So today I feel like a million bucks and I am running all over the house getting things done.

I don't remember if I mentioned it, but this past weekend my DD and I saw Lion King on Broadway. We LOVED it! It was just amazing!!! The community college that my DD attends were selling tickets and I said let's go. The price was perfect plus it included a charter bus down to the theatre. AND we had fantastic seats.

Cannot wait to see your new bag and the big secret you are working on

Have a wonderful weekend! Hope everyone stays healthy and that Alli starts to feel better.

WOW!!!! So, ya wanna come to my house??? I have a whole list of stuff to get done! Hahaha.

Ooooh - TLK sounds amazing - I bet it was soooo fun! Doing a charter bus for somethign like that would be right up my alley.

Thank you - I hope you have a wonderful weekend as well.

Hope that your embroidery machine is shipped quickly! I have been looking at the se400, but it only has a 4 x 4 hoop and now I'm wondering if I would regret that decision over time. (I seem to remember that you wrote earlier about having to move the fabric for the larger names.) Thought I might post a question on the DisBoutiquers board about pros and cons of the se400.

Thank you! Well, this is my thought on it... After having the 4x4 hoop on the borrowed machine, I know I would not be happy with that size. However, I did learn a few things... Like even though it's a 4x4 hoop, it seemed that the actual embroidery space was more rectangular, so I could flip the design and make my fonts smaller, then move the names around with in the hoop - which allowed me to get more into one hooping. But that was definately a learning curve for me - and very frustrating. There were many things I had done that I had wished I could do bigger, but it all worked out. I am glad I was able to give the smaller hoop a try though, because it just reaffirmed that I really wanted a bigger hoop. Many of the Disboutiquers recommend that people purchase the largest hoop size they can afford, and I think I would have to agree with that. Unfortunately, my budget barely allowed for the smallest hoop size - so I needed to go the used route - in the end, I am certain I will be happy with that.

How sweet of you to miss my posts

I hope Alli gets well soon and I can't wait to see your next bag. Have a great weekend

Thank you! I think she will be feeling much better today... Josh is going to a college hockey game tonight, and I don't think she will miss the opportunity to oogle at some college guys. :rotfl2:

I'm so sorry Alli is home sick again; hopefully the rest and a weekend home she will feel better.

Have a good weekend, friend (oh, and I did do a short update yesterday in case you missed it).

Thank you Kathy and thanks for letting me know about the update, I did miss it. I hope you have a great weekend too! :flower3:

Sorry Alli is sick.

Have a good day sewing.

Dreamingofcastles: I've got a machine that has a 4X4 hoop and I love being able to do the fonts and stuff but I really like that I don't have the opportunity to get lazy with the appliques because most of them I do by hand. I don't mind so much the moving for bigger words/phrases. But that's me.

Thanks for answering Ruth!!! My biggest problem is aligning the words and phrases so that they are all on the same line... That is so difficult to do. I am not sure that even the biggest hoop size would be big enough for some of my needs though. LOL

And your hand applique's are great!! So maybe it was a good thing. But now it's ordered and I'm sure you'll still do some awesome things with it.

Glad you found it. Once I realized I didn't update I went OOPS!! That's what I get for Dising at night when I'm exhausted. :

I hope Alli feels better soon!! Can't wait to see the bag since it sounds like your so close to being done!!

Thanks Sandra! And I am glad that the diet seems to be helping. I sure hope so!

Well, I am almost done with my bag set... I have one teeny-tiny thing to do today. I am not sure when I will finish, as I have to do a Joann's run. :crazy2: So, I am not sure if I will have the time to get pictures posted this morning before I go, or if it will have to wait until I get home this afternoon? Overall - I am very happy with it though. :thumbsup2

In trip planning news... I have NOT heard anything from BFF regarding my email from last week. She has some life things going on right now, so I understand why our dining reservations are the last thing on her list. I will see her today though - so I will ask about it and prod her a little bit. :thumbsup2

I've also been having lots of customs ideas swirling around in my brain - it's a sickness really. And since this is the year of "Show your Disney Side" well - we all know I don't have a problem doing that. :rotfl2: I have so many items drawn up - I am just not sure if I am going to be able to do them all? I am going to have to prioritize... I have a great MK bag (Donald) and I have a great DHS bag (Toy Story)... So, I need to prioritize great bags for Epcot and AK next... Epcot is soooo hard for me to do - it's just not one of my favorite parks, so nothing sticks out at me. :scratchin I have LOTS of ideas for Epcot, just nothing that really relays the feeling of Epcot - if that makes any sense at all? :confused3 As far as AK - I have ONE great idea, but I am not sure I can pull it off? And already - I am a little freaked out on whether I am going to get everything done in time. V has several outfits she wants for our trip... + our bags x 5+... Then BFF's and dd's bags... It promises to be an interesting year ahead.

Update on Jennifer: Some of you recall that I had asked for prayers for a Diser's dd. This Diser said I could share whatever info with you all that I chose to. Her grown dd is in the hospital, she is having issues with her bones and not being able to support her own body weight. They have run several tests, including bone scans for cancer - which have come back negative. Praise the Lord! But, at this time, they do not have a diagnosis, and things appear to not be getting better and maybe even worse. This Diser is a very good friend of mine, and I would appreciate any and all good thoughts & prayers you are willing to send their way. :grouphug: I know it would mean a lot to all of them.

On that note... I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I will be back at some point today to post pictures for you all! :thumbsup2

D~

WOW I did not know that Epcot wasn't a favorite of yours. We love epcot.

Can't wait to see your latest project. The MH is just to test out the machine and get the hang of it with hooping and stuff.

I have been up several times last night due to that teething baby. It is going to be a long one.

Have a fabulous day and prayers to those that neeed them.

I'm amazed when you say "it would be so much easier to applique that!" That looks so challenging to me. I'm sure if I got over my intimidation I could pick it up I could pick it up. I picked up hand beading after watching a you tube video.

As for finding my sewing machine....I found it but not the foot pedal or power supply...... more hunting today before my hours spent at dance. I've been eyeing up some new machines on Amazon though.... just in case....

Can't wait to see your new bag today!

I can't wait to hear what your bags will be for your next WDW trip. Even if Epcot is my favorite park the only thing that's stands out for me at that park is the icon of Epcot (I have no clue on what it is actually called). Since you are making so many bags for your next trip you better start making them soon :)

I will have Jennifer in my thoughts. I hope they find out what is wrong soon so they hopefully can help her get better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter