~ Sew Sweet 16 ~I’m packing your angry eyes just in case~Aug 2014~ BFF' bag 8/20!!!!

Well, hopefully you are able to get some decent items at Walmart for BF shopping... I have not even started looking for the ads online... I like to watch them, but I have never gone out.

I hope so too. There's only a couple things I really want to get the kids this year and hoping for some deals on the Disney Infinity figures since I've already gotten the game. We enjoy going out but sometimes it's just for the people watching. I still laugh about what I saw a couple years ago. Towels were really cheap (and cheap quality) and people were literally throwing them to their friends/family in the back of the crowd and the people in the center of the crowd were grabbing them out of the air. I really thought a fight was going to break out over towels!! The other deals we like to go for are DVD/Blu Rays. We do pretty good by the time we're done.

Love the stockings!! They are all turning out great!! Glad V was willing to help you and helped save you some time in the long run.

so glad you made a huge dent in your sewing. I can't wait to see all the stockings.

I wasn't able to get anything done yesterday because it was a rough day for J

makes me sad when he has meltdowns and I can't figure out why.

I have to go to work for a short while today to get some work done but I am going to use Mabel today.

Thanks Chiara - it's so nice to finally see some progress on the stocking project.

I hope J had a better day yesterday. :lovestruc I can't imagine how frustrating that must be for you. (((Hugs)))

I hope you had a chance to work with Mabel yesterday.

ok I don't know how I missed this but am here now and going back to read up on your doings.......

edit: Ok read all the way through love the steamship willy I have some fabric that would have gone perfect with that apliqua.....if I knew how to make them I might do a bag sort of like that...lol

Hi Trish! Welcome! I am very happy to have you here!!!

Hi D,

I am looking forward to seeing your finished stockings!! Please tell Josh "Happy Veteran's Day", and a huge thank you for his service to our country.

Thank you - I passed along your Vetran's Day wishes. :thumbsup2

Your stockings are gorgeous!!!! You do an amazing job!!!

Thanks Bridget!

The stockings are beautiful! How fun to look forward to Santa filling them!

Thanks Ruth!

Wishing all those who have served or are serving a HAPPY VETERANS DAY!!

Steamboat Willie was amazing! love the grayscale you worked in.

Thanks Lynee!

I know what you mean by expensive class trips, but sometimes they are worth it in the end.

I agree - I hope she has a great time, it sounds like it should be a lot of fun!

To answer your question about which Singer I purchased - it was a Deluxe Zig-Zag Model 758. For me was it a great purchase because I had all the attachments from the other machine that broke.

That is awesome! I love it when it just works out like that.

So many great options for dining on your next trip. We have done The Plaza. We thought the food was good and the portions were a nice size. I too always have a hard time to decide on what places to eat. Our list is always too long and our visit is always too short.

Exactly! And I have the hardest time at MK... Just because there are so many favorites there... Crystal Palace breakfast and Liberty Tree Tavern lunch are 2 - and well, you can't do them in the same day, so that requires 2 seperate MK days... :scared: And now, we have to throw BoG in there too - which leaves dinner on the day we do CP... Which doesn't leave much room for any of our CS meals... :crazy2:

The Christmas Stockings are looking fabulous!! I bet Santa can't wait to fill them all. I have completed four of them. The one I did for my new niece was my favorite. I went over to there house last night (while they were out) and I able to hang it up. I just couldn't wait!!!
Not sure I will start any more sewing projects, as Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming up. I already starting my holiday shopping and wrapping.

Thanks! The stocking project has become so much bigger than my brain thought it would be... I should have started them in Feb. :rotfl2: Yay for making a dent in yours too - and how FUN to surprise your neice with her new stocking... So, did she notice it when she got home???

I have started my holiday shopping, but not the wrapping... I probably won't start wrapping until we get our tree up - considering that our wrapping paper is stored in a bin - which just stays in a corner of our livingroom during the holidays, so I don't have to haul it up and down from the basement every time I need to wrap something. :crazy2:

I too am having a hard time with stores opening on Thanksgiving Day or any holiday for that matter. I just feel bad for the workers and their families who sacrifice family time.

Have a wonderful day to all!

Yah - it's really hard. I hope you had a wonderful day too!

The stockings are so gorgeous! What a special gift for everyone this Christmas! Not much to comment, but just wanted you to know I am still around for your "daily ramblings."

Thanks Oopsi! And thanks for stopping by to say hi!!! I am enjoying your TR a lot!

Sure.... we have exactly one comfortable seat left in the van...and my son will have two comfortable seats left....

(Don't you wish you had sprang for the annual passes last August!)

Hahaha... Yah - I do wish!

I don't know if I told you about my stocking adventure. Every year for Christmas (when I host the Christmas dinner) I make something to use for place cards. Sometimes it is an ornament... one year I made stockings. I spent 3 months, making each one different, using all the Christmas fabrics I hoarded for years. They were all patchwork and quilted on my long arm then cut out and assembled. They were a hit! (In fact, my son's family and my daughter's family uses theirs each year. ) We had 25 people for dinner that year.

The only complaint I got was I did not put their names on them...it was the year before I got my embroidery machine.

They are all asking for a redo...just don't know when I would ever have the time to do it!
Love your stockings!

Nini

Thanks Nini! I bet yours were really awesome! And what a cool way to decorate the table. Maybe not a redo - but you can do what I did and put all their names on felt squares and straight stitch them down... I know that mine look a little lazy for doing it that way - but it took so darn long to quilt all those cuffs, I didn't want to wreck them by not getting the names centered just right. :scratchin

I wish we could see pictures of the ones you did - they sound great!

Caught up:
Saw Steamboat Willie on FB & commented - I love how the interior fabrics match the patterns on the applique. Very Arty.

Thanks Ruth!

The stockings look fabulous. My MIL and SIL made stockings for all their family the year before I married into it. I've never had to be the odd one out, though, because until this year my MIL had misplaced them in her attic. Cale found them though, this summer, so I guess my future NIL and I will have to be the odd girls out.

How cool - but bummer that you and NIL didn't get one... Hopefully - now that they've been found, MIL and SIL will make 2 for both of you?

I was submit my total disaster area of a sewing room for consideration in the "Messiest Sewing Room" contest, but after reading Iamthequeen's description, I think the best I could go for is a Tie. Although mine is still a complete and utter mess - even if I did get some sewing done.

Hahaha... :thumbsup2

Well, back to work for me. Prayers for those that need them, Thanks to those that served & high hopes for the future.

Thanks Ruth! :flower3:

Love the stockings.

Thank you very much! It's been a fun project - I just hope everyone uses them now.

Love the stockings D. I like how they aren't just red and green. I personally like the blue best

And I know it's late and all....but please thank Josh for me on this Veteran's Day!

*Mwah*

Thank you Suzi - I will tell Josh.

I should have showed the interior fabrics again, because all of the stockings coordinate with the interior fabrics. So, I know the blue looks a little odd with the rest, but they coordinate. LOL

I love your stockings. Its so neat to have matching stockings. I'm thinking I may need to make one or two new ones for the kids that have taken theirs to their own homes. I'm thinking maybe applique.....

Great idea! I am just glad I didn't applique - I was thinking that yesterday, and WHOA!!! It would have blown this project out of the water and I never would have finished, I am glad I just did the quilted ones - that was a big enough task as it was. LOL

So I went to the local thrift shops today. Goodwill did not have any sewing machines, but I didn't really expect them to. I had seen a cabinet machine at the other thrift shop last week, so I stopped in and it was still there, and marked down to $30. It was a Singer 247, which needed a belt, so there wasn't any way to test it out, so I took a chance and bought it. Brought it home and Charlie just shook his head...

I am gld you found one... I hope it fixes up nicely for you. LOL at Charlie - Josh would do the same thing, although, it's been quite some time since I've brought a machine home, so I'd proabably survive. LOL

Then I went shopping. Went to JoAnns and picked up the stuff I needed and a few other things. Isn't that always the way. Then I went to a couple of other stores and ended up at Kohls. I bought some Christmas gifts for my girls.

Yay!!! I love Christmas shopping!

When I finally got home, and had time to check the machine out, it was not in great shape. I cleaned and oiled it and got it moving, but the bobbin hook was not working. One of the gears was completely falling apart and its in an area I cannot reach. So I am going to have to take my great bargain to the shop to have the gear replaced. It's all okay. The cabinet itself is worth at least $30.

Bummer! Is it worth having the gear replaced?

I have all the blocks finished on the quilt and have started to piece the rows together. I picked up fabric for the backing.

Yay for making progress on the quilt! I hope you'll share pictures with us when you are done.

Love Steamboat Willie! So cool that you were able to find the same prints in grey & red.

Hi Bernadette! THank you! I know - that was my favorite part too!

Love the stockings! So nice of V to help out! They look so great! The look like a great size too. I made some for my kids and I don't know what I was thinking-they are too big.

Thanks! LOL about making them too big - I was thinking yesterday that the girls probably would have liked theirs bigger, but then I would have to fill them. :rotfl2:

Oooo. Can't wait to see an EPIC project but I think all of you creations are pretty epic!!!

Awww thanks! So are yours!

Good luck with your ADR choices. I almost didn't book an early CP breakfast for Dec. It kills me to pay adult prices for Emma when I know she'll only eat a Mickey waffle and maybe a donut hole. But then I realized I would be disappointed if I didn't do it so I know I really have to go!

Sometimes we just have to splurge. I am glad you decided to go - a trip just isn't the same with out a CP breakfast.

Have you ever thought of doing the tea at GF? I don't think you can use DDP there but depending on what you order it isn't too expensive but I haven't been in several years.

I have not... but that is something V mentioned that she would like to do someday, so I should check it out.

Wow D, I take some time off the boards and look what happens, started on page 5 tonight and had to stay up late to get caught up! Glad to see you are doing well; I thought your Cheshire bag was my all time fave, but then you go and put Steamboat Willie in the mix; no fair! I love, love, love this bag. You are awesome lady! And the stockings are amazing. I am trying very hard to stay caught up, you just make life a little easier sharing yours.

THank you for taking the time to catch up - I know that sometimes my threads move pretty fast - so I really appreciate the time you all take out of your day to read about mine. :thumbsup2

I have my little weekend at WDW planned in February, for the first time since 2007, and wouldn't you know it, the Touring site also states we will have CROWDS due to President's Day weekend; bleh. Oh well, my commando style will have to really kick in. I don't know what I am going to do our first day (Friday) with our flights getting in right after midnight. I will be up and rarin to go and DS's will have to be "coaxed" out of bed. That will be interesting.

Yikes - I have heard that President's Day weekend can be pretty crowded... but you will have a lot of fun anyways - I just know it. Hahaha - I know that feeling all too well, V is always difficult to wake - even at noon. LOL

Your PTR is rolling along. With the holidays you will have so much to share, and I am enjoying it all! Take care!

Thanks so much! I hope you have a great day!

I hope so too. There's only a couple things I really want to get the kids this year and hoping for some deals on the Disney Infinity figures since I've already gotten the game. We enjoy going out but sometimes it's just for the people watching. I still laugh about what I saw a couple years ago. Towels were really cheap (and cheap quality) and people were literally throwing them to their friends/family in the back of the crowd and the people in the center of the crowd were grabbing them out of the air. I really thought a fight was going to break out over towels!! The other deals we like to go for are DVD/Blu Rays. We do pretty good by the time we're done.

Love the stockings!! They are all turning out great!! Glad V was willing to help you and helped save you some time in the long run.

Thanks! LOL about the towel story... Some of those deals get to be pretty dangerous. I always do the DVD deals too - they make great stocking stuffers!

Well, I worked all day in my sewing room yesterday... I was very happy to get my next custom order cut out and quilted... I wasn't sure I would, since this bag has more pieces and larger pieces. But I finished! WHOOT!

We had left overs for dinner... I really need to get back to menu planning, I was doing so well at the beginning of the year - but I just get so tired of being the only one to plan out what we were eating, then hearing the complaints that's not what everyone wanted - so I just gave up. But now I have the endless "what's for dinner" dillema every day - which is almost more annoying. LOL

Last night was Zumba... I have one more class next week and then my 8 weeks is over already. I am still debating if I want to sign up for the short winter session... It's only 4 classes ($20) with 2 weeks off over Christmas. I just hate committing to it in the winter, now that it's dark so early, I am driving there and back in the dark - and if the roads are bad... Well, I guess I will just stay home? I need to decide with in the next few days.

Today I will be appliqueing all day. I woke up with a doozie of a headache... Alli was sick this weekend with stomach/headache/fever... I sure hope I am not coming down with it, because this is NOT a week I can get sick. :scared:

I am still waiting on BFF to read my email about ADR possibiliites... I think I will remind her today, so we can start eliminating a few - or adding on if there is something they really want to do that isn't on our list.

Speaking of our trip... I've started to narrow down our customs list... I have 3 bags I want to make for myself. V would like 1 bag. I am not sure if I will make one for Alli or not? I know I am going to completely redo her Up bag though, because her camera barely fit in there. I am not sure which of my bags I am reusing from our past trip... I am thinking I will use the Toy Story one and the Donald one, but leave Jiminy at home. I've been using Jiminy every day since we've been home and I really need to change him out - as I am starting to get really sick of him. LOL

I hope you all have a wonderful day... :lovestruc

D~

Good Morning D!

Love the stockings! I like the color of V's the best!:thumbsup2

I used to love BF too (when it was on Friday). Now I just do a little online shopping at my leisure because I refuse to interrupt our family time on Thanksgiving. Family time is worth more to me than money saved heading to the stores on Thanksgiving.

Have a great day!:goodvibes

I have found even planning what I am making in the morning helps me and I have seriously decided I don't care if anyone likes it or not anymore.

Good luck with everything today.

I just heard on the news last night that Target will open at 8:00 on Thanksgiving Day :sad2: I hope you don't have to work!

The stockings are great!! I love all the colors!

I am a YO-YO on your report. im caught up then SLAMMED back down! then i am up then down...

Well i am up. (right now)

I LOVE the steam boat Willie bag! :woohoo:
The stockings are just REMARKABLE! so adorable perfect and LOVE the font you used so glad you got to finish it.

as for the trip: ADR's i hope you get to do Kona! love to hear what you think of Tonga Toast. I know Suzi thinks it's too sweet... :confused: never heard of such nonsense...

Still waiting on this SSP you have going on.. as you know IT'S KILLING ME!!!

I can SO sympathize with you on the meal planning dilemma! I have the same issues. They all know we are on a TIGHT budget to save for the cruise. Do they think we can eat steak and lobster every night on that budget??? :confused3 I tend to get in a rut with the meal planning, same meals over and over. :sad2: But when I get complaints I just kindly offer for any of them to take over the task of meal planning with the budget that I am working with each week. :rolleyes1 That shuts them up! :rotfl2:

Sooooo, I too am struggling with what to do for exercise now that winter is approaching. My issue is two-fold. The group I exercise with meets on Monday nights, and now DD11 has a basketball game every Monday night until the end of January. DH and I were walking in the mornings...but yeah, NOT in winter.:scared1: So, I am cheap and have found some workout videos on YouTube that can be played through the Wii at home. Tried that last night...and it kept stalling to buffer. :headache: I may head to the thrift store to see if I can find some videos...but I refuse to give up on it! I have GOT to do this! :thumbsup2

Exactly! And I have the hardest time at MK... Just because there are so many favorites there... Crystal Palace breakfast and Liberty Tree Tavern lunch are 2 - and well, you can't do them in the same day, so that requires 2 seperate MK days... :scared: And now, we have to throw BoG in there too - which leaves dinner on the day we do CP... Which doesn't leave much room for any of our CS meals...

I love most of the restaurants at MK too. Makes it hard to choose which ones we will eat at. I had a hard time deciding between LTT and the Plaza for lunch on our last day, but you tipped the scales for LTT and the Freedom Pasta - which was yummy!

I have started my holiday shopping, but not the wrapping... I probably won't start wrapping until we get our tree up - considering that our wrapping paper is stored in a bin - which just stays in a corner of our livingroom during the holidays, so I don't have to haul it up and down from the basement every time I need to wrap something. :crazy2:

I really need to start wrapping soon. I always leave it to later and then have a ton of stuff to wrap - and it usually takes 2 or 3 days to do it all.

Bummer! Is it worth having the gear replaced?

Yeah, I think so. This will be a workhorse machine and it is just what I needed -- a basic, non-computerized, easy to maintain machine.

Yay for making progress on the quilt! I hope you'll share pictures with us when you are done.

I will post a picture when I'm finished!

I've been using Jiminy every day since we've been home and I really need to change him out - as I am starting to get really sick of him. LOL

I've been using my Jiminy bag every day too, but I'm not tired of him yet.:thumbsup2

Finally caught up! (I skimmed a lot)

Your weight loss approach looks great. I love your attitude!

Your trip looks so exciting so far! Have you guys decided on a resort? Did I miss that?

Can't wait to hear the final ADRs!

Love the bags, especially steam boat Mickey!

All caught up from the long weekend away! My casino weekend ended up getting cancelled so I spent the time cleaning out closets. Yep, fun weekend. :rotfl:

The stockings are beautiful! So glad you had lots of time to work on them over the weekend and that the $10 "bribe" to V got you some help.

Back to the Coral Reef restaurant. I would say it's pretty much the opposite of Rain Forest Cafe. I see RFC as very loud with lots of activity where CR is a very relaxing atmosphere. CR is done in all blues and greens so it feels like an extention of the aquarium which covers one whole wall of the place. The restaurnant is build in tiers like a theater so every table is facing the aquarium and has a decent view. As a matter of fact if I had to compare it to any restaurant I would say Sci Fi except you watch fish instead of Sci Fi clips.

So as you well know, I'm having you make a bag as a surprise for my cousin Morgan who is getting married at Disney this February. Over the weekend she noticed my bags in the photos I posted on Facebook and started asking me about them. I ended up giving her the link to your Facebook page and she spent hours looking at all your bags. She said her favorites are Maleficent, Cheshire Cat and Mary Poppins. Needless to say I think she is going to like her bag! I just hope she doesn't win an auction one before February cause she says she really wants one. Well, I guess that's not a huge problem as she'll just have two bags then!

Ooh interior shots of the stockings would be fun :)

I'm so proud of myself on the meal planning front. I have been doing really well. I started out just doing it weekly, but this month I did the whole month. I think this works better because we can jump around depending on what we feel like. If I have say....tacos planned for the end of the month and we want them tomorrow instead, it is easy to just swap it out. Next I need to get couponing....one thing at a time.

Totally agree with you on the exercise class in the winter. But can you just get a DVD to do at home maybe??

Sounds like your days are full off stuff that has to be done. I can't wait to hear what your BFF thinks about your dining plan for your trip.

Me and my friend started to think about another USA trip. But this time we want to do the northern parts of the country. So my question is: When does the snow disappear where you live? When we decide to travel we want to do it either in the spring (after the snow is gone) or in the fall (after the warmest days are gone)

The stockings are perfect. Glad you could get some help from Victoria and that Mr. Rocket was so cooperative.

Can't wait to see the EPIC custom bag order.

No ADR choices yet?????? Just kidding. I didn't realize you had been using your JC bag - glad to see you are showing it off.

Nini - your stockings sound very nice. Maybe in a few years your DD and Miss B can work on redoing that project - they can do all the sewing and you can do the embroidery.

The stockings look great. It's hard to pick a favorite. I like Victoria's and Thomas's colors.
We found out today that our sales are going to start at 6:00 pm. The cell phone sales won't start til 8:00 am on friday. Last year we had problems because the carriers' call centers didn't open til 9:00 out time. The phones were in the 5:00 am ad. We had a lot of unhappy people.
I started Christmas shopping while I was in Florida. I only have 3 people to shop for so it isn't too bad. My sister, brothers and I decided not to exchange gifts for Chriatmas. We have Chrsitmas dinner and we all bring a dish so no one has to do all the cooking. We play games in the afternoon.
Liz

Thanks! LOL about the towel story... Some of those deals get to be pretty dangerous. I always do the DVD deals too - they make great stocking stuffers!

Glad you got the bag started and more done than you thought you would. Can't wait to see how it turns out once you've gotten it finished.

The funniest thing about the towels was I had walked by them about an hour before that all happened and could have grabbed how ever many I wanted. But once I felt them I realized how thin, rough, and just cheaply made they were and knew no one would use them so I didn't get any. We do the same thing with the DVD's. But we also buy a lot for ourselves.

Good Morning D!

Love the stockings! I like the color of V's the best!

I used to love BF too (when it was on Friday). Now I just do a little online shopping at my leisure because I refuse to interrupt our family time on Thanksgiving. Family time is worth more to me than money saved heading to the stores on Thanksgiving.

Have a great day!

Good morning Tasha! Thank you - I really like all of them together.

I agree - BF just isnt' the same... I dunno- I never really participated in it, but I loved to watch others.

I have found even planning what I am making in the morning helps me and I have seriously decided I don't care if anyone likes it or not anymore.

Good luck with everything today.

Hahaha.... I try to plan what I am making in the morning- but I am fresh out of ideas. For the family who always ate the exact same meal together - I am now doing what I swore I would never do, and that is cook a different meal for each person... Alli needs vegetarian... Most nights I eat what everyone else is eating, but last night I did not - so I wound up making 3 different meals. It's crazy - and I need to figure out a way to make it easier. :scared:

Thanks Chiara - I hope you had a great day too!

I just heard on the news last night that Target will open at 8:00 on Thanksgiving Day I hope you don't have to work!

The stockings are great!! I love all the colors!

Oh yay... <---- sarcasm. I can find out tomorrow what I work, because that schedule will be posted. But I probably won't know until I work next week... I am sure if will be some sort of insane hours. :scratchin Honestly - I would rather open at 8pm, then to have an overnight shift.

I am a YO-YO on your report. im caught up then SLAMMED back down! then i am up then down...

Well i am up. (right now)

I LOVE the steam boat Willie bag!
The stockings are just REMARKABLE! so adorable perfect and LOVE the font you used so glad you got to finish it.

as for the trip: ADR's i hope you get to do Kona! love to hear what you think of Tonga Toast. I know Suzi thinks it's too sweet... never heard of such nonsense...

Still waiting on this SSP you have going on.. as you know IT'S KILLING ME!!!

Hi Mo - glad you're all caught up - there's really not all the much to catch up on. I loved that bag too - maybe some day I will make myself a grayscale bag - I they are just so cool! The stockings have been so much work - much more work than I thought they would be, I just hope everyone loves them and uses them. I do hope to try Tonga Toast some day - and those macadamian pancakes, I am sure the moment I tell V about those - she will want to eat there every day. LOL Macadamia cookies are her favorite.

I can SO sympathize with you on the meal planning dilemma! I have the same issues. They all know we are on a TIGHT budget to save for the cruise. Do they think we can eat steak and lobster every night on that budget??? I tend to get in a rut with the meal planning, same meals over and over. But when I get complaints I just kindly offer for any of them to take over the task of meal planning with the budget that I am working with each week. That shuts them up!

Yup and that's exactly why I stopped making the menus... All everyone wanted to do is complain - yet when I requested they make suggestions, I rarely got any. Hmph... Then it's macn' cheese & ramen noodles every night... Hahaha - not really, but I wanted to. LOL

Sooooo, I too am struggling with what to do for exercise now that winter is approaching. My issue is two-fold. The group I exercise with meets on Monday nights, and now DD11 has a basketball game every Monday night until the end of January. DH and I were walking in the mornings...but yeah, NOT in winter. So, I am cheap and have found some workout videos on YouTube that can be played through the Wii at home. Tried that last night...and it kept stalling to buffer. I may head to the thrift store to see if I can find some videos...but I refuse to give up on it! I have GOT to do this!

I know I sent you a PM on FB yesterday - but I thought I would answer here too, since maybe there are others out there. I suggested to Oopsi that she get a specific Walk Away the Pounds dvd... It's my go-to work out, it's quick and well... quick. LOL And you can make it easier and harder with weights. Even though I am working through my heavy lifting program - I still do this dvd twice per week. My favorite part about it - the 1 mile - which is what I almost always do, is only 22 minutes long from warm up to stretching - so I can do it in the morning really easily.

I love most of the restaurants at MK too. Makes it hard to choose which ones we will eat at. I had a hard time deciding between LTT and the Plaza for lunch on our last day, but you tipped the scales for LTT and the Freedom Pasta - which was yummy!

I am glad you tried LTT... I am kind of sad that I don't think it will make the cut this trip... Not because we don't like it - but I am just not sure if we will have enough park days, and I think BFF & dd would enjoy CP more. But if there is a way we can squeeze it in, I am going to.

I really need to start wrapping soon. I always leave it to later and then have a ton of stuff to wrap - and it usually takes 2 or 3 days to do it all.

I don't have enough to wrap yet... LOL But I have a few shopping excursions coming up - so I will soon.

Yeah, I think so. This will be a workhorse machine and it is just what I needed -- a basic, non-computerized, easy to maintain machine.

Awesome! I think everyone needs one of those. :thumbsup2

I will post a picture when I'm finished!

Cool - I can't wait to see.

I've been using my Jiminy bag every day too, but I'm not tired of him yet.

I am glad... I don't know what is up with mine - but I never really liked mine as much as I liked yours. :confused3 I guess that's why I am carrying him at home, I am not sure if I will carry it in the parks again?

Love your stockings and such a nice gift

Thank you so much - it has been a much bigger project to tackle than I thought it would... And it's also used way more fabric than I thought it would too. LOL

Finally caught up! (I skimmed a lot)

Thank you for taking the time to do that... I don't always get a chance to do that with other TRs, so I really appreciate when others can with mine. :thumbsup2

Your weight loss approach looks great. I love your attitude!

Thank you, it has been a very long road, but - I just keep on - keepin' on and slowly but surely changes are happening.

Your trip looks so exciting so far! Have you guys decided on a resort? Did I miss that?

I didn't post that? Hmmm... Well we are staying at FQ again - as of now.

Can't wait to hear the final ADRs!

Me too!

Love the bags, especially steam boat Mickey!

Thank you! It was so much fun to make!

All caught up from the long weekend away! My casino weekend ended up getting cancelled so I spent the time cleaning out closets. Yep, fun weekend.

Well, at least you were able to save some cash. LOL

The stockings are beautiful! So glad you had lots of time to work on them over the weekend and that the $10 "bribe" to V got you some help.

Yah, that was $10 well spent!

Back to the Coral Reef restaurant. I would say it's pretty much the opposite of Rain Forest Cafe. I see RFC as very loud with lots of activity where CR is a very relaxing atmosphere. CR is done in all blues and greens so it feels like an extention of the aquarium which covers one whole wall of the place. The restaurnant is build in tiers like a theater so every table is facing the aquarium and has a decent view. As a matter of fact if I had to compare it to any restaurant I would say Sci Fi except you watch fish instead of Sci Fi clips.

That sounds very nice... I will look into it more. Thanks for taking the time to give me such a detailed description. :thumbsup2

So as you well know, I'm having you make a bag as a surprise for my cousin Morgan who is getting married at Disney this February. Over the weekend she noticed my bags in the photos I posted on Facebook and started asking me about them. I ended up giving her the link to your Facebook page and she spent hours looking at all your bags. She said her favorites are Maleficent, Cheshire Cat and Mary Poppins. Needless to say I think she is going to like her bag! I just hope she doesn't win an auction one before February cause she says she really wants one. Well, I guess that's not a huge problem as she'll just have two bags then!

Hahaha... Well - I know a few people who have more than one bag... :scratchin And they don't seem to mind. LOL In all seriousness - I only have 3 more auctions before then, and the next one's theme probably won't work for her... So, technically 2 more auctions... I am sure it will be fine.

Ooh interior shots of the stockings would be fun

I'm so proud of myself on the meal planning front. I have been doing really well. I started out just doing it weekly, but this month I did the whole month. I think this works better because we can jump around depending on what we feel like. If I have say....tacos planned for the end of the month and we want them tomorrow instead, it is easy to just swap it out. Next I need to get couponing....one thing at a time.

Totally agree with you on the exercise class in the winter. But can you just get a DVD to do at home maybe??

OK... I will post photos of the interior fabrics below.

That is exactly how we did our meal planning too... It was so nice to just go to the calendar and pick something because I knew I had all of the ingredients on hand. I need to get back to it - I just get so annoyed with it at the same time. LOL

I do have a few DVDs that I already do - I just love the comraderie of doing it with my work buddies... I still have not decided. Sigh...

Sounds like your days are full off stuff that has to be done. I can't wait to hear what your BFF thinks about your dining plan for your trip.

My days are quite full recently... Once I get these last 2 projects done, I can start working on other things more related to our trip - so FUN stuff. LOL

Sounds Me and my friend started to think about another USA trip. But this time we want to do the northern parts of the country. So my question is: When does the snow disappear where you live? When we decide to travel we want to do it either in the spring (after the snow is gone) or in the fall (after the warmest days are gone)

Yay!!! This sounds like fun! But no Disney in there? Normally - I would say that a good time to travel would be the month of May - however - traveling during that time is also the stormy season, so bad storms and tornadoes are a possibility. Otherwise - September is a gorgeous time to travel, as all the leaves are changing and it's relatively cooler. However - those are typically good times, this year - we were getting freak snow storms well into May and September was unusually hotter than normal. Hopefully this was just a weird year?

The stockings are perfect. Glad you could get some help from Victoria and that Mr. Rocket was so cooperative.

Thanks! I couldn't have done it with out her help!

Can't wait to see the EPIC custom bag order.

Me too! So far it's beautiful!

No ADR choices yet?????? Just kidding. I didn't realize you had been using your JC bag - glad to see you are showing it off.

Nope, not yet... BFF has been preoccupied with a few other things on her plate, so I don't want to harass her too much about it yet.

Yah - I am carrying my JC bag, but really starting to get sick of it. Sigh... I need to change it out, but I keep forgetting until I grab it to run out the door. LOL

Nini - your stockings sound very nice. Maybe in a few years your DD and Miss B can work on redoing that project - they can do all the sewing and you can do the embroidery.

Great idea~! :thumbsup2

The stockings look great. It's hard to pick a favorite. I like Victoria's and Thomas's colors.

Thanks! I am still a bit undecided about the lime green for Thomas - I am worried that it may be "too girly" later in life?

We found out today that our sales are going to start at 6:00 pm. The cell phone sales won't start til 8:00 am on friday. Last year we had problems because the carriers' call centers didn't open til 9:00 out time. The phones were in the 5:00 am ad. We had a lot of unhappy people.

Yikes, I bet you did! There are just some things that can't be helped though.

I started Christmas shopping while I was in Florida. I only have 3 people to shop for so it isn't too bad. My sister, brothers and I decided not to exchange gifts for Chriatmas. We have Chrsitmas dinner and we all bring a dish so no one has to do all the cooking. We play games in the afternoon.
Liz

That sounds like a very nice Christmas dinner and day! I am so looking forward to the holidays!

Glad you got the bag started and more done than you thought you would. Can't wait to see how it turns out once you've gotten it finished.

Me too! I am very excited about this one!

The funniest thing about the towels was I had walked by them about an hour before that all happened and could have grabbed how ever many I wanted. But once I felt them I realized how thin, rough, and just cheaply made they were and knew no one would use them so I didn't get any. We do the same thing with the DVD's. But we also buy a lot for ourselves.

Hahaha... Funny how people go crazy.

Yesterday was a crazy day... I wound up fighting that darn headache well into the afternoon. Finally, at lunch time, I took 2 Aleve and that seemed to do the trick.

I appliqued all day long... This was a hard applique to do - but it turned out fantastic, so I am very happy with it. I cannot wait to show you all.

I work at Target today... A longer shift than normal, but still not long enough for a lunch break. Grrrr... I really hate shifts like that. I could care less about that meal, but those floors are SO hard on my feet, that half hour break to sit down really helps. It's shifts like this that I have to bring a second pair of shoes with and change them out half way through my day. :crazy2:

I am very excited to share that I finally saved up enough $$ for the embroidery machine... I am very excited, because I feel like I have been saving FOREVER! :cool1:

Suzi requested to see the interior fabrics of the stockings... So, to refresh your memories - here's the stockings so far...

20131111_085005.jpg

Here is the interior fabric I used for all the girls' stockings:

Large_EH-269.jpg

Then here's the fabric that I used for all the boy's stockings:

Large_DS-283.jpg

I hope you all have a fantastic day... Sending out prayers to all who need them.

D~

The stockings are beautiful! I love the fabrics (in and out!). I hope your shift goes quickly and as painlessly as possible!

Can't wait to see the new bag :goodvibes

ohhhh I LOVE the inside fabrics!!!!! you should do crafts fairs.. ya know in your spare time! HA HA HA HA... :goodvibes

well you passed on your headache to me... I have a blistering headache that is actually making me sick to my stomach today... :crazy2: I hope it goes away soon as i have to work my 2nd job right after this one...

The stockings are too cute. Have a good day at work. Look into nurse shoes. Cumberland makes a good pair that are more affordable then some of the other ones. They help with foot fatigue. I'm a nurses an work 12 hour shifts. And holidays are a must. Good luck this year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter