• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

~~ Sew hot, Hot, HOT! ~~ A sweltering Aug 2013 TR ~ Pre-Trippie link posted! ~ 10/31!

The stocking material is beautiful love the color combinations. That was one of my first projects when son (27) was little. Never did one for Kate (23) because my MIL knitted some for them. Have to say that knit stockings are not the best idea they stretch too much when loaded. I am going to consider making new ones as my first back to sewing project. Have to locate patterns again I do not have the old ones still.

Cold has kicked in my asthma and they admitted me to the hosptial yesterday. I am now 3 days to flight. Please keep me in your thoughts so I can get out of dodge and to WDW to recoup. It's a good thing I am an anal planner and everything is ready to go except the CVS run for scripts that are nearing refill. I am thinking they will let me go home tomorrow and I will be good to go.

If you don't mind I will post once or twice to let you know how it's going I am not really a writer more of a lurker. I am always reading just not always posting.

Hope you have a great day!!

I am sorry you are in the hospital. Asthma's been kicking my butt too and it is no fun! They've almost hospitalized me a couple of times last week. (At least I have 9 days before our trip so I have a little more time to recuperate.)

it's good to be here and I keep meaning to start a Tr/PTR but life keeps getting in the way. DH had what was supposed to be minor knee surgery two weeks ago and he's still off work (which, when we think about it we probably should have expected at least two weeks off, when he had his knee replaced ages ago, there were clotting issues resulting in an embolism - but it's still frustrating for him to be "stuck" at home)

As for the sewing...:headache: the fix for the back original went bad and I'm just annoyed now. Luckily I have about 5 other WIPS that I should be working on.

Thankfully you were able to get all your pictures back. And what is it with August and not so nice CMs? A coworker went in August and said it was the worst trip she's had in years. Maybe it's the end of the summer crankiness.

I missed out on the whole matching outfits with my sisters thing: I'm 9 years younger than my closest sister so when my siblings were all younger one of my Grandmothers would make them matching attire. Dresses for my sisters and usually a tie or vest for my brother. I, however, came along too late for all that and I'm not at all sorry. :laughing: The closest I've gotten to matching anyone as an adult was on the Herding Different Cats trip, when my DBIL got us similar Vintage Mickey & Minnie shirts - They were all the same picture, but different colors.

I'll be sorry to see the end of this report, but look forward to following along with the PTR!

I hope your hubby gets better real soon! Hopefully he will be able to get back to work very soon.

I am so sorry about the batting bleeding through. It’s bad enough when you screw something up and have to redo it, but when something happens that is beyond your control and you still have to redo it, well, that just adds salt to the wound.

If the character handlers are known for losing the PP cards, why doesn't Disney have a little “talk” with them to make sure they start paying attention?!!!

The Haunted Mansion! I LOVE the Haunted Mansion! It is the most favorite ride for my whole family. (If you remember, I am making jackets for the men that have the Haunted Mansion logo on the back for our trip. Well, I've decided I can’t NOT have a Haunted Mansion jacket, so I’m making the same jackets for the women too!)

So glad you got the earrings you were wanting!

Good Morning D

WOW!!! BOG, what memories. Midori and her BF Lucy had the Steak also and loved it. After looking at your pictures, had to go back and watch the You Tube video of our dinner at BOG.

We wana go back tomorrow.

Hahaha... I feel the same way! I wish we could go back tomorrow...

The food at Be our guest looks really good.

Hi Lillian! It was very good - I forgot to mention that those fries were also amazing... I am not big on mayo based products - but the dipping sauce was very good too.

Whew! Thank goodness you got you pp+ pictures okay. But sorry it took so much of your vacation. And space in your mind worrying.
Live your pictures!
Can't wait to hear the details if your next trip.

Yah - it was a mess... But I am glad we were able to get it all worked out. I still think there were a few ride pictures missing - but overall, I think they got them all. And the missing ride photo pictures had nothing to do with our PP+ card being given away, I think that was a different mistake totally. Oh well.

I wouldn't be surprised if the other family figured out that they had the wrong PP+ card when they found out that they now had two of them. I suspect that the only reason they accepted your PP card from the negligent CM was that they really thought it was their card. At some point they stopped using your card which means they found their own card. At least the PP people were good about finding your photos.

We had another family's photos from 1900 Park Fare Cinderella dinner on our card. At least they got the prints

Looking at the photos they took - my guess is that they had no idea that the card they had was different. The pictures that were on there were at each of the main parks - at park opening - wearing different clothes (so I would assume different days)... I don't think that PP+ is that widely known about yet with the general public... Whatever the case may be, I am just glad they didn't "lose" a bunch of pictures, and I certainly hope that they weren't planning to order them when they got home. IF they did - I am sure there was a way for them to get the pictures if they just called/emailed PP? I hope anyways.

I'm glad you were able to recover your photopass pictures for the cd. Sorry about the rude cast member at Tianna's meet. That last picture of you and the girls in front of the castle is beautiful.
I've never tried making Christmas stockings. They seem like a lot of work and I'd have to hand embroider all the names.
Work was busy yeaterday. I had a very rude customer who had insisted that someone had called her about a missing cd. No one had she called and spoken to a new associate who had told that she couldn't find it and would make a new one. She that got busy with someone else. I came back from lunch had had no idea what was going on. The customer hadn't even told us which kiosk she'd used. We have two Fuji and Hp. Whe I figured out I remake it which took about 158 minutes to print. She then made some greeting cards to print and it took about an hour to print. She felt that because the cd took too long to make and cards took an hour to print she shouldn't have to pay for them. While all this was going on, her two daughters were yelling and screaming and she was encouraging them. The manager gave her the pictures , cards and cd for free just to get them out of the store. She then said she was call the district manager becasue the first associate said she had the cd which she had never said. So basicly she lied about the whole thing.
Liz

Thanks Liz... Yes - we did have an enjoyable evening, despite the rude CM... To be quite honest, most of the people in line for Tianna/Naveen were starting to give that CM some pretty dirty looks throughout our long wait - because once you sat there and saw her interact with the guests passing by, you saw that she was quite rude and pissy with everyone she encountered. It was quite sad.

Sorry about the yucky guest... Tis' the season in retail...

D, forgive me. I swore I responded to the BOG dinner/loss of photopass card yesterday and my response wasn't there.

No worries at all Kathy... I know you follow a lot of TRs/PTRs... If you miss an update or two - it's no biggie. Glad to have your here just the same though. :hug:

I'm so glad you enjoyed your steak dinner at BOG; I loved it too and will definitely have it again.

I cannot believe the whole Photopass card fiasco. And for the CM to have an "I do not care" attitude is just wrong.

I'm glad they were able to rectify it, but wish it could have been done faster than an hour. But the good news is you got all of your photos back.

I love the photos with Tiana and in front of the castle.

So glad you got the earrings you had been wanting.

Thanks! We did have a lot of great things happen to us that night... But between the PP+ fiasco and waiting in the line for Tiana/Naveen forever - we wasted a LOT of time - time we could have been doing other things. But we were tired, and it was hot, so we were just as happy to sit on the stone wall anyways.

What a nightmare with the PP+ card! So glad you were able to get it all worked out!

HM at night...I would love that, but unfortunately that is another ride Jillian does not want to do at night, YET. I am sure it is coming, though. She IS an adrenaline junkie, after all.

The stockings are going to be GORGEOUS! I absolutely love the fabrics you are using. Sorry it has become such a hassle, but I am sure you will get it done. You are such a hard worker! Those are bound to become family treasures for everyone!

Yah - I am not sure I will ride HM at night again... Granted - when you are on the ride, it's dark anyways, so you have no idea if it's light/dark outside - but let me tell ya - it's a whole DIFFERENT experience... LOL And kind of freaky.

Thanks about the stockings... A Disboutiquer friend of mine posted a very helpful hint in FB yesterday - So, I think they will go together much easier from here on out. Thankfully - I think she saved my Christmas project.

The stocking material is beautiful love the color combinations. That was one of my first projects when son (27) was little. Never did one for Kate (23) because my MIL knitted some for them. Have to say that knit stockings are not the best idea they stretch too much when loaded. I am going to consider making new ones as my first back to sewing project. Have to locate patterns again I do not have the old ones still.

Cold has kicked in my asthma and they admitted me to the hosptial yesterday. I am now 3 days to flight. Please keep me in your thoughts so I can get out of dodge and to WDW to recoup. It's a good thing I am an anal planner and everything is ready to go except the CVS run for scripts that are nearing refill. I am thinking they will let me go home tomorrow and I will be good to go.

If you don't mind I will post once or twice to let you know how it's going I am not really a writer more of a lurker. I am always reading just not always posting.

Hope you have a great day!!

Hi Jane... I am so very sorry that you are not feeling well - this is just awful!!! I will certainily keep you in my thoughts and prayers... I hope you have a swift recovery and your trip goes off with out a hitch!!!

And please do post here during your trip - I would LOVE to hear how it's going. :lovestruc

it's good to be here and I keep meaning to start a Tr/PTR but life keeps getting in the way. DH had what was supposed to be minor knee surgery two weeks ago and he's still off work (which, when we think about it we probably should have expected at least two weeks off, when he had his knee replaced ages ago, there were clotting issues resulting in an embolism - but it's still frustrating for him to be "stuck" at home)

Oh wow! I can't believe that DH is still off of work!!! I sure hope he is feeling better soon.

As for the sewing...: the fix for the back original went bad and I'm just annoyed now. Luckily I have about 5 other WIPS that I should be working on.

I sure hope you are able to get it figured out!

Thankfully you were able to get all your pictures back. And what is it with August and not so nice CMs? A coworker went in August and said it was the worst trip she's had in years. Maybe it's the end of the summer crankiness.

I am sure it had a lot to do with the heat... but we encountered some of the nicest and some of the crankiest CMs on this last trip that we ever have.

I missed out on the whole matching outfits with my sisters thing: I'm 9 years younger than my closest sister so when my siblings were all younger one of my Grandmothers would make them matching attire. Dresses for my sisters and usually a tie or vest for my brother. I, however, came along too late for all that and I'm not at all sorry. :laughing: The closest I've gotten to matching anyone as an adult was on the Herding Different Cats trip, when my DBIL got us similar Vintage Mickey & Minnie shirts - They were all the same picture, but different colors.

I'll be sorry to see the end of this report, but look forward to following along with the PTR!

Hahaha... Yah - my girls used to match or coordinate every single day of their lives - until Victoria started Kindergarten, then it got to be too hard for me to do... But it was fun while it lasted.

My TR isn't quite over - I still have a lot to add. :thumbsup2

Im coming in right at the end of this report. I read the whole thing this morning and enjoyed it
Your lovely bags totally grabbed my attention..wow great job and all the accessories are amazing..what a great mom you are.
Im not going to comment on everything lol would take to long however right at the end with the photopass card OMG what a nightmare for sure. Thank goodness you knew what to do on this matter.

thanks again

Welcome! I am always happy to have new readers - even at the end! Thank you for all the wonderful comments! I still have quite a few updates to do... and then I will move over to the PTR section... that should keep me busy for quite some time. LOL

Since the MK is usually our last park, I always take a picture of "See You Real Soon" too.

When I picked up our Photopass + cards the cm told us that people had a tendency to lose one of the 2 cards so he wrapped the twist tie that came with them through both cards and then around the lanyard. I did not want another lanyard around my neck so I ended up attaching them to a clip on my Disney lanyard and also wrapped the twist tie around everything since I was paranoid about losing it. Worked out perfectly for me.

I also have to say that the server we had at BOG was awesome. Her name was Margie and she was just super.

We had a couple of pp photographers that were not very enthusiastic about doing their job and only got one magic shot the entire time (except at the MNSSHP), but overall we had a good experience with them.

Looks like this tr is winding down. I'm looking forward to seeing what your plans are for the next trip!

Its a shame about the bleeding through on the cuffs for the stockings. I don't think I've ever heard of batting bleeding through. I usually use warm and natural, and have never had that type of problem with it. The embroidery on the felt looks good though. You could use some water soluble solvy on the top of the felt when you embroider the letters, if you don't want the letters to "sink" into the felt. You can just use enough to cover the area you are going to embroider, either by "floating" it on top or you can pin it on the edges.

Wow - that was a long comment Tess - LOL I am glad you had a great server... I didn't have any problems with my PP+ card until I gave it to the CM... LOL I can understand someone losing it - but having a CM give it to another family, well - I was not a happy camper. LOL Just happy to have it resolved.

Yah - I was using the Warm and Natural too... I was in a hurry the day before and I didn't realize I quilted the white fabric to the wrong side of the batting... Sigh... So when I got it wet - all of the little brown fibers bled through my white fabric... I realized right away what I did wrong, but the pieces I quilted are not salvageable at all. Oh well... I've corrected it and I will just move forward... I need to stop trying to rush and pay attention to what I am doing.

Thank you!! Jeremy (my oldest) actually picked the theme. He wanted to be Captain Hook and after James heard that he said he wanted to be Peter Pan. Took a little coaxing to get Sarah to agree but she didn't want to be Tinkerbelle so I found her a Wendy costume on Etsy.

The boys will match periodically on shirts but other than that I only get the big matches during Halloween when we do a theme.
Thank you! They loved all the attention they got at Great America in them.

Happy you had a good time at BOG. Ugh about the CM's giving your PP+ away. That's awesome that they were able to find all of your pictures though!!

Love the stocking idea!! Hopefully as time goes by you'll be able to get them done quicker.

Thank you to everyone else who commented on my kids picture! They love their costumes and can't wait to go out trick or treating in them!!

Yah - the kiddos are so cute! Great choice Jeremy!

I just hope all the stockings come together in time - I am a little nervous about it.

Hi D~! Getting caught up from your BoG dinner. That ratatouille did not look tasty, that steak looked much better. From the couple times that we've had dinner there the CM are nice and friendly so I think you had a grumpy server. But hey, the cupcakes are great right? I love the strawberry too!

Yah - I am glad she traded in that ratatouille - the server didn't seem to happy about it, but she was happy with her choice in the end. The cupcakes were pretty good.

Argh about the PP+ card fiasco. How frustrating. I've had to retrieve photos and add them back on a new card. But that was my own fault. I would be really pissy if a CM had done that and not offered an apology.

Yah - I wasn't too happy, but very glad it was resolved.

I love your castle photo. Very nice!

The fabric for the stockings is adorable. I'm sure they are going to be a much appreciated gift to be used year after year.

I hope so!

I am so sorry about the batting bleeding through. It’s bad enough when you screw something up and have to redo it, but when something happens that is beyond your control and you still have to redo it, well, that just adds salt to the wound.

If the character handlers are known for losing the PP cards, why doesn't Disney have a little “talk” with them to make sure they start paying attention?!!!

Or just maybe teach them to not accept the cards in the first place? I am not sure what a good solution would be?

The Haunted Mansion! I LOVE the Haunted Mansion! It is the most favorite ride for my whole family. (If you remember, I am making jackets for the men that have the Haunted Mansion logo on the back for our trip. Well, I've decided I can’t NOT have a Haunted Mansion jacket, so I’m making the same jackets for the women too!)

So glad you got the earrings you were wanting!

I can't wait to see the jackets!!!

First of all - sorry for the (sort of) short responses this morning, I am running a bit behind.

I had a really good day in my sewing room yesterday! One of my Disboutiquer friends posted on FB a different way to assemble the stockings and they went together so much nicer... I now have 1 more done... and 4 more that are quilted and ready to be assembled. :wizard: She saved my Christmas project - for sure! :lovestruc Now, if I could just decide on which colors to use for the girls' stockings... I really can't decide. I will figure it out eventually.

I have to work at Target today - at least I am pretty sure I do... 98% sure. So, I am going in. LOL popcorn::

I hope you all have a fantastic day... Good thoughts and prayers to all in need. :hug:

D~

Glad you have a new way to do your stockings; hope you have a good day at Target today.

Glad Christmas project was saved! Hope work goes smoothly.

Yah - I was using the Warm and Natural too... I was in a hurry the day before and I didn't realize I quilted the white fabric to the wrong side of the batting... Sigh... So when I got it wet - all of the little brown fibers bled through my white fabric...

Wow, I had no idea there was a wrong side :confused3 I used that on the hipster I made. I better not get it wet :rolleyes1

Sure does seem like a lot of people are having photopass problems lately! I'm pretty sure I'll never use it, but it kind of makes you wonder why all the goof ups!

I have to say, you got some of the best (and most) photopass pictures I've seen. Too bad you had to deal with the mistake of the cast member!

The Dis'er Who Saved D~'s Christmas! pixiedust: I really am glad it is going to come together better for you now! :goodvibes

Have a great day at Target! :thumbsup2

:wave2: Just stopping by to say hello. I'm all caught up on your TR but have to come back later because I didn't do any quotes. Just took some notes from all your wonderful posts. :)

We are home from our trip and trying to catch up and get back into our routine. Phew, lots to do but I am procrastinating! For example I was wasting time on pinterest and found this post about taking your own family photos

http://www.kristendukephotography.com/take-family-pictures/

maybe Alli can give it a try to see if it will work for your christmas pictures.

I hope your hubby gets better real soon! Hopefully he will be able to get back to work very soon.

Thanks, we hope so too.

Have a good day at work, D~ and yeah for new/better ways to do things! Internet friends are fabulous!!

I have to get to a fabric store sometime soon: I signed up for a swap and need some fabric. But I'm working a 'real' week so it won't be until Saturday at the earliest.

The stocking are adorable! I more of a traditional Christmas color kinda Gal. I do love the poka dot one! can't wait to see them completed!

Wow V really was into getting every last autograph wasn't she! I Love it! i want to do the same!!!! i try to.. but wont wait as long as she did bless her big heart. :love:

how did the cooling things work for you? I bought the frog togs for the kids and football.. it worked for them!

Trying to catch up ~ as always lately. I have been lurking when time allows. I don't know where time is going.
The work on the your Gepetto bag was FABULOUS!!
Can't believe the nightmare on your PP card, but so glad they were able to get all your photo's back.
Grumpy CM for Tiana ~ not nice at all. I don't like when people are like that.
BOG steak looks YUMMY!
Those Christmas stockings look adorable. Once I finish making my DD her scrub for her new CNA position she just got :cool1: I will be making a Christmas stocking. My mom is going to monogram the top for me and once that is done I will begin sewing. Sewing has been a slow process, but I am keeping with it and moving forward slowly on my projects.
I can't believe you are at the end of your TR. I have very much enjoyed reading each day. I can hardly wait till we actually pick our dates. We are going to wait till my nephew returns from his deployment and go as one big happy family.
Have a wonderful day!!!

I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get the whole PP+ card fiasco straightened out! WHEW....what a mess! It looks like your time with Tiana and Prince Naveen was really cool. Princess & the Frog is one of my favorite movies. I definitely need to meet her next time!

The picture of the 3 of you in front of the castle is pretty cool. What a great way to wrap up your last night! ::yes::

So sad your day is almost over. But I am excited to read your next PTR already.

Thank goodness you took a pic of your PP+ card, what a nightmare that would have been if you hadn't.

Love the pic in front of the castle at night.

ladylyons said:
Glad you did ask before you bought the material. That's kind of sad she doesn't want to match anymore. I'm going to be so sad the day I can't get my kids to match anymore. Even though right now it's just basically Halloween costumes.

Hope you don't mind but I thought I'd share them trying on their costumes the other night. They look soooo cute!!

http://s644.photobucket.com/user/ladylyons00/media/20131019_191521_zpsf4a1c99f.jpg.html

Hope your able to get everything done for you new nephew this week. Can't wait to hear what you're making.

They are sooo cute!!!!

D......
Stopping to say hi. Meant to post the other night, not sure what happened. I would have been in hysterics over the pp fiasco, even if I had the number in the room. And yes some cms just aren't as disney as I'd like. But at least its only a few and not the majority. Love the latest bag. Every bag is always perfect! Unfortunately I can't see your stocking photos on the phone. Maybe they will show up tomorrow. Can't wait to hear your plans for your next trip. Maybe I can keep up.

I never knew that Warm and Natural had a right or wrong side. I usually don’t use that product but you can be sure I’ll double check it if I ever do use it in the future.

I am so glad you found an easier way to make the stockings. I’m sure that will make things much easier on you! :woohoo:

I never knew that Warm and Natural had a right or wrong side. I usually don’t use that product but you can be sure I’ll double check it if I ever do use it in the future.

I am so glad you found an easier way to make the stockings. I’m sure that will make things much easier on you! :woohoo:

Just because I LOVE Warm Company batting I will let everyone in on a secret. Their two main products are Warm and Natural ... and Warm and White. Both have a scrim side...but it is not as pronounced as most brands. Sometimes it is almost impossible to see the difference you have to feel for it. If you can't feel it then no need to worry...

If you are using white based fabrics you should use the white batting...if you are using off white based fabrics use the natural batting.

I tend to use the natural 99% of the time...because I mainly make baby quilts and try to keep the bleaching agents away from tinys....

I buy my batting by the bolt (or roll) at Joann's and only get the white for specific projects.

Don't be afraid of my wonderful batting!

LOL

NIni

Have fun at Target and glad that someone saved your project.

Thanks! I am so happy that she gave me another alternative - it's so much easier!

:beach:

Glad you have a new way to do your stockings; hope you have a good day at Target today.

Thanks Kathy!

Glad Christmas project was saved! Hope work goes smoothly.

Thank you Dee - me too!

Wow, I had no idea there was a wrong side I used that on the hipster I made. I better not get it wet

Well, if your hipster is a darker color - it shouldn't be too bad...

Sure does seem like a lot of people are having photopass problems lately! I'm pretty sure I'll never use it, but it kind of makes you wonder why all the goof ups!

Well - I am not sure... but out of the thousands of photos we did get - to only have a few missing, well - :confused3

I have to say, you got some of the best (and most) photopass pictures I've seen. Too bad you had to deal with the mistake of the cast member!

Thank you - I am just happy it was fixed... I would have been so upset if they wouldn't have been able to find them.

The Dis'er Who Saved D~'s Christmas! pixiedust: I really am glad it is going to come together better for you now!

Have a great day at Target!

Thanks Oopsi!

Just stopping by to say hello. I'm all caught up on your TR but have to come back later because I didn't do any quotes. Just took some notes from all your wonderful posts.

Hi Liz!!! Welcome home!!! How was your trip??? I am anxious to hear all about it!

:We are home from our trip and trying to catch up and get back into our routine. Phew, lots to do but I am procrastinating! For example I was wasting time on pinterest and found this post about taking your own family photos

http://www.kristendukephotography.com/take-family-pictures/

maybe Alli can give it a try to see if it will work for your christmas pictures.

Ooh - thank you!!! I've opened it in another tab and I will read it when I am done here. :thumbsup2

Thanks, we hope so too.

Have a good day at work, D~ and yeah for new/better ways to do things! Internet friends are fabulous!!

I have to get to a fabric store sometime soon: I signed up for a swap and need some fabric. But I'm working a 'real' week so it won't be until Saturday at the earliest.

Thanks Ruth! I love doing swaps - it's been so long since I've done one... That's one thing I do miss about "just sewing for fun" is that it seems I never have the time to do fun stuff anymore.

The stocking are adorable! I more of a traditional Christmas color kinda Gal. I do love the poka dot one! can't wait to see them completed!

Me too - but I just loved the colors and the fabric of these...

Wow V really was into getting every last autograph wasn't she! I Love it! i want to do the same!!!! i try to.. but wont wait as long as she did bless her big heart.

Yah - she was on a mission that day - for sure. LOL

how did the cooling things work for you? I bought the frog togs for the kids and football.. it worked for them!

They were fantastic - both the Frogg Toggs and the neck coolers that Nini made for us... we did use them both. There is no way we could do Disney in Aug with out them - that's for sure!

Trying to catch up ~ as always lately. I have been lurking when time allows. I don't know where time is going.

No worries - thanks for following along and taking the time to say hello.

The work on the your Gepetto bag was FABULOUS!!

Thanks!

Can't believe the nightmare on your PP card, but so glad they were able to get all your photo's back.

Me too!

Grumpy CM for Tiana ~ not nice at all. I don't like when people are like that.

Yah - she was certainly a work of art...

BOG steak looks YUMMY!

Yah - it was delicious... I can't say that the meat was anything spectacular... but everything they put on top of it and all the sides made it super fantastic!

Those Christmas stockings look adorable. Once I finish making my DD her scrub for her new CNA position she just got :cool1: I will be making a Christmas stocking. My mom is going to monogram the top for me and once that is done I will begin sewing. Sewing has been a slow process, but I am keeping with it and moving forward slowly on my projects.
I can't believe you are at the end of your TR. I have very much enjoyed reading each day. I can hardly wait till we actually pick our dates. We are going to wait till my nephew returns from his deployment and go as one big happy family.
Have a wonderful day!!!

Congratulations to dd! That is awesome!

Let me know when you start the stockings - I'd be happy to share the assembly process. LOL

Yay for a big happy family trip!!!! :thumbsup2 I hope you had a great day too!

I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get the whole PP+ card fiasco straightened out! WHEW....what a mess! It looks like your time with Tiana and Prince Naveen was really cool. Princess & the Frog is one of my favorite movies. I definitely need to meet her next time!

The picture of the 3 of you in front of the castle is pretty cool. What a great way to wrap up your last night!

Yah - so happy we were ablet o get all of our photos back - I was a wreck there for a while. Thankfully, when we got into the line at MK for the Photopass counter, there was NO ONE there... So, I had every single PP person there working on finding our pictures. LOL

So sad your day is almost over. But I am excited to read your next PTR already.

Thank goodness you took a pic of your PP+ card, what a nightmare that would have been if you hadn't.

Love the pic in front of the castle at night.

Yah- I am excited to get started on my PTR... It will be a fun one!

They are sooo cute!!!!

D......
Stopping to say hi. Meant to post the other night, not sure what happened. I would have been in hysterics over the pp fiasco, even if I had the number in the room. And yes some cms just aren't as disney as I'd like. But at least its only a few and not the majority. Love the latest bag. Every bag is always perfect! Unfortunately I can't see your stocking photos on the phone. Maybe they will show up tomorrow. Can't wait to hear your plans for your next trip. Maybe I can keep up.

Hi!!!! Glad to see you make it back! Yah - Just happy we were able to get our photos back... I wanted it totally resolved before we left the park that night - since our flight left in the morning...

Thanks for the bag compliments... I love doing them.

I hope you are able to keep up with my next PTR... I do miss seeing you around. :flower3:

Yeah!! Glad you found another way to put the stockings together. Hope you had a good day at work.

Thank you!

Thanks Sandra!

Well, don't be afriad to us it - It is the best product out there that I have found.

I am so glad you found an easier way to make the stockings. I’m sure that will make things much easier on you!

Me too! I hope to get those others done today... Then I need to get Thomas' fabric washed (I had to order more, I ran out... Sigh)...

Just because I LOVE Warm Company batting I will let everyone in on a secret. Their two main products are Warm and Natural ... and Warm and White. Both have a scrim side...but it is not as pronounced as most brands. Sometimes it is almost impossible to see the difference you have to feel for it. If you can't feel it then no need to worry...

If you are using white based fabrics you should use the white batting...if you are using off white based fabrics use the natural batting.

I tend to use the natural 99% of the time...because I mainly make baby quilts and try to keep the bleaching agents away from tinys....

I buy my batting by the bolt (or roll) at Joann's and only get the white for specific projects.

Don't be afraid of my wonderful batting!

LOL

NIni

I totally agree Nini... Warm and Natural is, by far, the best batting there is out there - I just love it. ::yes:: Great tips on using the white for white... I honestly didn't know they made a white... I will need to look for it next time.

Well, I did work at Target yesterday - glad I went in, because I was on the schedule. We were super busy - We are in the process of completely redoing our Music browser - so there were 3 of us organizing CDs yesterday... Finding music with in our browser is not my strong suit - and I kind of like how they are reorganizing it - hopefully I won't be nearly as lost now. LOL

I came home and made dinner last night... A family favorite that was easy to make a side of for Alli... Cream heese stuffed croissants, on top of Itallian sauce and mozzarella on top of all of it... For Alli's version - I sauteed some chopped zucchini with onion to put in the sauce, and for our's - I added ground beef/sausage. It was delicious!

Then I sat down on the couch and watched Part III and Part IV of Season 2, Downton Abbey... I've watched all of the episodes (last spring), and I keep trying to start over watching them all again... the problem is that I get 3 episodes into Season I and I stop watching them... I've seen Season I a bazillion times - it seems... So this time, I've started off with Season 2 (which I've only seen once)... The funniest part is that the girls are so addicted to it too. I cannot WAIT for Season 4 to start - sadly - I am also afraid to see all the changes that will occur in Season 4 too. If you have never watched this show - I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!!! It has become my ALL TIME FAVORITE! Nothing compares.

I will be in my sewing room all day today... I hope to have a nice progress picture for all of you tomorrow. ::yes::

Have a fantastic day everyone!

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter