Seven Dwarfs Ride accessibility

We rode it last week, I was asked if we needed the accessible vehicle but as we didn't, I couldn't get a look at it. At least this shows there is one at least.

just saw some dark pictures, I lightened them, on rollingwiththemagicblog.com. Definitely worth checking out before standing in line.

Hello! I was wondering if any of you have been able to ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train yet? I will be at the Magic Kingdom on Friday to celebrate my birthday. Unfortunately we haven't been able to get any Fast Passes. So I am hoping we'll be able to somehow hit it right and not have a tremendously long wait.(wishful thinking, I know) Anyway, my question for those of you who have ridden is, how easy is it for someone to transfer into the mine cart? I am in a wheelchair and my parents will have to help me into it, lifting if necessary. Any info/tips you all have would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! Jennifer aka SnowWhite79

Happy Early Birthday!

I'll be at MK on Friday too. I haven't been able to get a FP either but I'm hoping Disney is going to release more on thursday or friday morning. If you see a girl with a black (or blue, haven't decided yet) face mask and red backpack, that'll be me. Maybe we'll run into each other. I don't have advise on transfering as I'm still mostly mobile but I hope it all goes well for you. Try to get the mine train in early if you can.

Happy Early Birthday!

I'll be at MK on Friday too. I haven't been able to get a FP either but I'm hoping Disney is going to release more on thursday or friday morning. If you see a girl with a black (or blue, haven't decided yet) face mask and red backpack, that'll be me. Maybe we'll run into each other. I don't have advise on transfering as I'm still mostly mobile but I hope it all goes well for you. Try to get the mine train in early if you can.

Thank you! My birthday was yesterday, June 4th, but we couldn't go anywhere. So we're celebrating tomorrow at the MK. I keep checking Fast Pass availability just in case. So far only standby is available. We'll be staying at my sister and brother-in- laws tonight so we'll be closer. We're planning on getting there early. So we'll see.. It'll be the first time for my 7 month old niece, so I'm excited! Anyway, I'll try and keep an eye out for you. If you see a girl in a black Seven Dwarfs Mine Tran shirt or a Snow White tank top that's me. Have a great time!

Jennifer aka SnowWhite79

I was able to ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train on Friday. I really like it! If you are like me and not really a coaster person it will be more intense for you. I had never really done one before. If you are a coaster person it may not be as thrilling for you. Getting in wasn't too bad. Like someone had said before, the most difficult part was getting my legs in the cart. As far as the actual ride goes, the next time we ride I will need to either hold on to the higher bar or maybe one hand on the higher and one on the lap bar to stabilize myself better. The lap bar is really tight, so I wouldn't suggest having a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino right before you ride like I did, lol. Getting out was more difficult. One thing we did find that helped was turning and going backwards so I could use the back of the seat to try and help push myself up easier. My Mom and Dad were both there to help me as much as they could. We did end up doing the Fast Pass queue, so we missed the interactive queue. We had tried to get a DAS card, but I don't really qualify since the majority of the queues are completely wheelchair accessible. The cast member was very nice though. Since we were there to celebrate my birthday, she was nice enough to give us a pass we could use on any one ride. So overall, it was a great experience! I didn't miss some of the details though. All the more reason to ride again, I guess :):) I hope this helps some of you on your next trip!

Jennifer aka SnowWhite79

Thanks for the report, SnowWhite.
Glad you got to ride.

I'm curious about the lapbar. Will pooh size people fit? Also is each bar for each person separate or is it one bar across? Thinking about if I'm riding w a child and they need a tighter bar. Or are there seatbelts?

I have now ridden it once. Should say I am pooh sied. The issue fotr me wasn't the lapbar at all that's fine the issue is the size of the seat I was defintely spilling over good thing no one was riding with me! Its mall. Frankly and I am a coaster person I didn't like it. I also suffer from menieries desease so can get vertigo or just dizzy and the combination of the shaking sideways and the dips and turns wasn't funny I came of feeling sick. Not a ride which I would do again which is sa shame, I thought the animatronics were loverly and would have liked another look at them I did standby and it was posted 90 minutes and I was in less than an hour.
Jacqui

Thank you. Sounds like I might not try it. Do they have a tester seat outside? Wish all rides had them.

I'm sorry I didn't see this message until now. Haven't been on the boards in awhile. Anyway, you may already know by now, but there are no test vehicles. It's a pretty tight fit.

SnowWhite79

This ride vehicle does have a door that opens wider to help making a transfer from a wheelchair to the ride vehicle a little easier, but it's still a tight squeeze. My DH, who is a paraplegic attempted this a couple months ago and because one of his legs is stiffer, we were not able to maneuver him into the ride vehicle due to lack of space

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter