Seven Dwarfs Ride accessibility

Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by RasberriPie13, May 22, 2014.

1. barrysprot36

barrysprot36 Mouseketeer

We rode it last week, I was asked if we needed the accessible vehicle but as we didn't, I couldn't get a look at it. At least this shows there is one at least.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. zaksmom

zaksmom Mouseketeer

just saw some dark pictures, I lightened them, on rollingwiththemagicblog.com. Definitely worth checking out before standing in line.

4. Random Ninja

Random Ninja DIS Veteran

Happy Early Birthday!

I'll be at MK on Friday too. I haven't been able to get a FP either but I'm hoping Disney is going to release more on thursday or friday morning. If you see a girl with a black (or blue, haven't decided yet) face mask and red backpack, that'll be me. Maybe we'll run into each other. I don't have advise on transfering as I'm still mostly mobile but I hope it all goes well for you. Try to get the mine train in early if you can.

5. DannysMom

DannysMom DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting that blog link, I hadn't seen it yet.

6. SueM in MN

SueM in MN combining the teacups with a roller coaster Moderator

7. SnowWhite79

SnowWhite79 Earning My Ears

Thank you! My birthday was yesterday, June 4th, but we couldn't go anywhere. So we're celebrating tomorrow at the MK. I keep checking Fast Pass availability just in case. So far only standby is available. We'll be staying at my sister and brother-in- laws tonight so we'll be closer. We're planning on getting there early. So we'll see.. It'll be the first time for my 7 month old niece, so I'm excited! Anyway, I'll try and keep an eye out for you. If you see a girl in a black Seven Dwarfs Mine Tran shirt or a Snow White tank top that's me. Have a great time!

Jennifer aka SnowWhite79

8. SnowWhite79

I was able to ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train on Friday. I really like it! If you are like me and not really a coaster person it will be more intense for you. I had never really done one before. If you are a coaster person it may not be as thrilling for you. Getting in wasn't too bad. Like someone had said before, the most difficult part was getting my legs in the cart. As far as the actual ride goes, the next time we ride I will need to either hold on to the higher bar or maybe one hand on the higher and one on the lap bar to stabilize myself better. The lap bar is really tight, so I wouldn't suggest having a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino right before you ride like I did, lol. Getting out was more difficult. One thing we did find that helped was turning and going backwards so I could use the back of the seat to try and help push myself up easier. My Mom and Dad were both there to help me as much as they could. We did end up doing the Fast Pass queue, so we missed the interactive queue. We had tried to get a DAS card, but I don't really qualify since the majority of the queues are completely wheelchair accessible. The cast member was very nice though. Since we were there to celebrate my birthday, she was nice enough to give us a pass we could use on any one ride. So overall, it was a great experience! I didn't miss some of the details though. All the more reason to ride again, I guess :):) I hope this helps some of you on your next trip!

Jennifer aka SnowWhite79

9. SueM in MN

SueM in MN combining the teacups with a roller coaster Moderator

Thanks for the report, SnowWhite.
    Glad you got to ride.

10. sweetiee

sweetiee Mouseketeer

I'm curious about the lapbar. Will pooh size people fit? Also is each bar for each person separate or is it one bar across? Thinking about if I'm riding w a child and they need a tighter bar. Or are there seatbelts?

11. Jacqui8374

Jacqui8374 Lover of all things Ursula

I have now ridden it once. Should say I am pooh sied. The issue fotr me wasn't the lapbar at all that's fine the issue is the size of the seat I was defintely spilling over good thing no one was riding with me! Its mall. Frankly and I am a coaster person I didn't like it. I also suffer from menieries desease so can get vertigo or just dizzy and the combination of the shaking sideways and the dips and turns wasn't funny I came of feeling sick. Not a ride which I would do again which is sa shame, I thought the animatronics were loverly and would have liked another look at them I did standby and it was posted 90 minutes and I was in less than an hour.
    Jacqui

12. sweetiee

sweetiee Mouseketeer

Thank you. Sounds like I might not try it. Do they have a tester seat outside? Wish all rides had them.

13. SnowWhite79

I'm sorry I didn't see this message until now. Haven't been on the boards in awhile. Anyway, you may already know by now, but there are no test vehicles. It's a pretty tight fit.

SnowWhite79