• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Service road behind BCV

DVCinderella

I'll send you a postcard from Paradise Falls!
Please forgive me if this has already been addressed...

Is anyone concerned about the service road which wraps around behind the BC? I know I've been on this road when we stayed at the BW. Depending on which bus we were on, sometimes we stopped at the Swan/Dolphin, YC/BC, and finally the BW. After stopping at the BC, the bus would make a right out of the parking lot, go through a small tunnel, and come out behind the BW.

It seems to me that the BCV are very close to this road. I'm sure Disney will "hide" the road with shrubbery, but will they be able to buffer the noise of the buses and service vehicles?

After looking at the new pictures of the BCV on the official DVC web site, I'm even more concerned. One of the pictures is an artist's rendering of the pool area. There is a large wall, which I assume is the "buffer" from the road. Disney is usually so good at immersing you in the spirit and theming of each resort. The pool looks beautiful, but I can't image being "immersed" in a beach-like atmosphere, and hearing a bus go by every five minutes.

Anyone else concerned about this?

Yes, I would be very concerned about the noise factor. If anyone who is going down there soon could ascertain what the noise level is like in that area, that would certainly be helpful for those of us who cannot go down there anytime soon!

Liz.....thanks for bringing up this topic! During our Thanksgiving visit at WDW I noticed this service road and I was thinking at the time that the BC villas were awfully close to the road. Maybe noise won't be a factor with the buffer wall and landscaping. We might not really know till DVCers staying there give us the scoop.

HARRIET
DVC Member '96 Vero & OKW
Next trips: DVC 10th Anniversary Cruise 4/7/-4/11
Grand Floridian 4/11

I believe the picture you are seeing on the site is the front of the BCV, kind of like if you were facing the front entrace of BC, this would be just to your left of that. So the pool and fencing is not by the road. Someone correct me if I am wrong. You are correct though, there is some of the resort close to the road, just not the pool area.

When we stayed at BWV in December, I drove past BCV and was surprised how close some of the units are to the road. I would not be happy with that location, especially with the points being the same as BWV preferred. Now if I could have that Spaceship Earth view shown in one of the pictures I would go for it. I wonder if there really is a room with that view.

The fence is a barrier from the parking lot not from the road. The pool will be at the front/side of the resort, near the canal. It looks like you will enter the resort where the old bus stop used to be - it kind of ties into the front portico of BC - the villas entrance will be to the left facing the resort

We were just over there the other day :) The villas look great (the color...seafoam green...needs to grown on me) I don't think the road will be that much of an issue. That is a public road however it is really only used by the guests (and buses) coming to Y&B and Swan/Dolphin. It is not a very busy road at night time (even in the day it is not very busy...buiser, but not that busy). The end rooms at BCV might be able to see some of the road (and maybe hear some daytime noise) but I guess we will have to wait and see when they open...Didn't look to be an issue to me as the road is not a main thoughfare or short cut to anywhere...

There will be quite a few rooms that have a view of the road, as most of the back side of the building runs parallel to the road. I think the view from the room on the DVC site is real - probably from the top floor at the end of the building farthest from the Beach Club. If you went out on the balcony in this room and looked down, you would see the road.

There won't be any more traffic on that road than at the BWV entry (and probably less). It is a 2 lane road, primarily used by buses traveling from BC to BWV. It has very little auto traffic.

The view of EPCOT on that side of the BCV far outweighs any road view we'll likely see, IMHO.

As stated several times already, we'll just have to wait and see!

Stay Tuned! :)

Part of the BCV will overlook a wooded area. Beyond the trees, you have the ability to see the foot traffic on its way to (and from) the International Gateway.

I think that would be a nice view.:) :cool: :)

I agree with Doc, there really isn't that much traffic on this road. When I walked around the back side of BCV while checking them out, barely any cars and about 2 busses passed me in 20-25 minutes. Plus, I'd be shocked if there wasn't a whole lot of landscaping placed between the building and the road.

I think the noise could very easily be a problem. After staying at OKW, which is certainly better secluded than BCV, road noise could clearly be heard from my room that backed up to the main road to Downotown disney area. If you're like me and like some freash air, I would be concerned. (Now we always request an "inside" building, don't hear a thing.

If they will chage the bus for the new BCV?Will they add on to the exisiting BC,YC,Swan/Dolph? That could be a long ride! It was one of the things that turned me off when we stayed at the BC in 99

I don't think there will be a new bus stop for the BCV. The existing one for the Beach Club will cover guests in both buildings.

Originally posted by LarryK
I think the noise could very easily be a problem. After staying at OKW, which is certainly better secluded than BCV, road noise could clearly be heard from my room that backed up to the main road to Downotown disney area. If you're like me and like some freash air, I would be concerned. (Now we always request an "inside" building, don't hear a thing.

The road that you are speaking of from OKW is a 6 lane divided highway that is the main thoroughfare, the road in question at BCV is a 2 lane road (one lane in each direction) that is typically only used by the WDW buses, the resort cast members and those that drive to the resort (it serves not other purpose than to access the resort, it is not a main thoroughfare or short cut to anywhere). It is not a very busy road by any means

I've said it before, if the road is a problem, Disney will move the road.

Kewl.....

Wait a minute. I posted this and then thought I should edit.... doesn't this road have a tunnel that goes under the Epcot International Gate waterway and boats drive over the top of cars? They aren't moving that road....

The tunnel is further down. I think they'd just be cutting in on some of the Epcot "back lot" area. Anyone know for sure what's on the other side of the road from BCV?

Gosh! I wish my memory was better so that I could be positively correct but we stayed at The Swan around Thanksgiving and I'm thinking this road took us back to The Swan. I do remember us commenting on how close the villas were to the road. Sure wish I had a map.

HARRIET
DVC Member '96 Vero & OKW
Next trip: DVC 10th Anniversary Cruise 4/7-4-11
Grand Floridian 4/11

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter