Seriously - 10am c'mon!

Personally, I'd go with the big group trip philosophy of "not everybody has to do everything". Then decide whether to make it a non-park day and go, or decline the invitation.
When we go with larger groups, this is the rule. Anyone can make plans, but no one is obligated. Everyone is free to join others or go off on their own at any time. The only exceptions are an early trip and late trip dinner. These are planned in advance and everyone attends.

It works out pretty well for us since we don't have a control freak in our group.

What does introversion have to do with misanthropy? What does either of those have to do with this post? :confused3
As an introvert I can tell you that my own best company is often me. I need time alone every day - alone. I am very happily married and love my family dearly, but if I don't get my "alone" time, I suffer physically and mentally. Large family vacations are very trying for me. Sometimes I just have to walk away from the group. Fortunately my family has come to understand and no feelings are hurt.

The PP was probably referring to the urban definition of the misanthropy, but that is just a guess.

What does introversion have to do with misanthropy? What does either of those have to do with this post? :confused3
Someone said something to the effect of spending time with others was important. I joked that as an introvert (who may actually be a misanthrope), that spending time with others is never important.

But on a serious note, if you're going with as many people as OP is, you have to make many compromises.

When I go with a group, I try to do what the group wants. If I wanted a vacation that was all about what I wanted all the time, I would go alone.
I agree with the others that say go to Epcot. Make FP+ for your future world rides, spend time in world showcase, and whichever of test track or soarin you didn't get a FP for, do right before park close

As an introvert I can tell you that my own best company is often me. I need time alone every day - alone. I am very happily married and love my family dearly, but if I don't get my "alone" time, I suffer physically and mentally. Large family vacations are very trying for me. Sometimes I just have to walk away from the group. Fortunately my family has come to understand and no feelings are hurt.

The PP was probably referring to the urban definition of the misanthropy, but that is just a guess.
As the PP, let me clarify, I'm a huge introvert, but I am also a misanthrope-- I don't like people in general, which is different, as you likely know, from introversion. I was stating that spending time with family (at least extended family like the OP) is not important to me because, as you explained, it drains my energy and puts me in a very bad mood.

Last edited:

I understand what it means to be an introvert - I am one! :) I was simply confused as to what that had to do with hating other people. It's the same reaction I have when someone implies that introversion is a package deal with shyness or social anxiety.

My family plans 10 am breakfasts because we have been so many times that we don't feel the need to rush. We plan for all the things that we really like to do and then kind of just go about it. It is our one week a year as a family and so its as much about relaxing as go, go, go for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter