Seriously - 10am c'mon!

When you travel with a large group of varying ages, you're going to have to compromise. If you don't want to for whatever reason, prepare for the trip from hell.

Fair enough. But I guess what I am trying to get at is that if the MIL is trying to be kind and this is the best time for the group, only time avaialble, etc, then roll with it. If there are other reasons at play, personally, I would do what I wanted to (ie early breakfast and RD) and then catch up with them later. That's all.

Try and see if she's willing to switch it to Crystal Palace??? 10am breakfast there is much more doable then trekking it out to CM if you want to do RD.

Just a thought - you could get up early and tour the hotels on the monorail for a couple of hours before your ressie. I always enjoy strolling through them.

Maybe this is your MIL's way of expressing her opinion about being in the parks from RD until close. :rotfl:Seriously, if you're in a group of 11 people, this is probably going to be the least of your problems.

Lol - We have all gone to the world together before and have a great time. We donlt all usually stay together, but we try to have at least one or two meals together!

Because it's a late breakfast/brunch time slot, you can skip lunch and just eat CS meal for dinner.

That's what I was thinking. We don't usually do three meals a day anyway

Late breakfast is not our cup of tea for a variety of reasons. But sometimes, hanging out with the people is important. So I would suggest taking one for the team and enjoy this experience.

I agree completely, that's why i said it is not an option to miss it.

If she's the one paying, she's the one that gets to decide when they're going to eat.

LMAO Thats part of it.....

the problem with traveling with a large group is that sometimes you have to do what others in the group want, and it's at odds with what you want. Go at rope drop, get a couple of rides in and then go to the breakfast. You can just walk over to Contemporary.

I'd choose to do either HS or AK that afternoon, then enjoy getting to sleep in that morning and the free breakfast at CM. But, I'm a child-free night owl who rarely, if ever, is at the park by RD, so that type of plan may not apply to you.

If she's the one paying, she's the one that gets to decide when they're going to eat.

That's one side. The other is that a gracious hostess takes other people into account. 10am breakfast is hard on some people.

I totally agree that you could run out in the morning to have some if your own kind of fun. And if others in the family don't like staying to close, there's no law saying the op has to go "home" with them.

I agree that you should hit a park at open and then meet the family for breakfast. Get all of the rides in that you don't want to ride with a full stomach.:D

Easy. Epcot. Spend the afternoon at World Showcase. That is always our choice when we burn the midnight oil the night before and can't make Rope Drop. Or when we have a morning activity (like golf) and can't get to a park before lunch. With FP+, you can still get a FP for one of the two major attractions if you want to spend some time at Future World, and supplement that with two additional FPs, though they might be for rides that don't really need them. Still, better to use them than lose them. Odds are, during your 6 day stay with 9 adults, you were going to spend a fair amount of time in World Showcase in any event. So this would be the perfect day to do that.

:thumbsup2

Epcot has always been our go-to choice for days after late nights at a hard ticket party.

Thats the beauty of FP plus. Make FP+ for AK that day. Speaking of AK. If the point is to have breakfast with Mickey, Tusker House has better food and You can still have your RD.

That's one side. The other is that a gracious hostess takes other people into account. 10am breakfast is hard on some people.

I totally agree that you could run out in the morning to have some if your own kind of fun. And if others in the family don't like staying to close, there's no law saying the op has to go "home" with them.

She could be being gracious having taken into consideration all members of the party. Unfortunately, not everyone is an early bird. (Though--I don't see why. :upsidedow )

The only advice that I will offer is that apparently you agreed to go to the world with the large group that included her, she is paying the tab, you married her son or daughter, so I would assume that you will have a lot more time interacting with this lady. Don't be a spoiled child and remember that you ARE in a large group that may want to have the family interaction time. Roll with the flow.

10:00 is a pretty reasonable time for most people for a large group while on vacation. I would just rope drop with a couple of your group who want to do that and monorail over to chef mickeys to eat with everyone or make it a day for another park in the afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter