September/October 2013 check in

We too have planned the first portion of our trip around returning to dc just for cars land ...... If we weren't doing cars land we would spend more time in new York :(

Getting closer!!!
till have to add more spending money to the card - come on aussie $$$!!!

By the way, did anyone see on the main board that there's a rumour that Radiator Springs Racers might be down for refurb 3rd week of September?

Saw that and have been waiting for the announcement...

... so if i actually make it onto a plane and to the usa and to my happy place... well, let's just say, much merriment will be had by alicia!!!

You WILL make it on this trip!!!

I went onto the micechat site and someone there said that if RSR is down it is only for that 1 week. But we really won't know until DL makes it official. We have started preparing DS though just in case, but it would be a major blow if it is closed (should've heard DH cursing about it last night! In fact, it's probably lucky none of you could hear it as he was pretty irate, I had to remind him that it is only a rumour at this stage!) But as Carsland is the only reason we are doing DL this time, otherwise we would've been going to WDW instead, I guess we would be understandably upset if the main ride is not in operation.

Apparently it was supposed to be announced last night and nothing way :confused3 I'm hoping that it's going to be open. We arrive during the second week so we'll have a couple of days if it does go down during the third week, but of course we'd like it to be open ALL the time we're there!

I've been in super-dooper planning mode the last couple of days. Organised all my documents in individual plastic files, labeled and in order, then put them all in a letter envelope. They are all at my fingertips now so I can just reach in and grab them. I've also booked my Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour and dinner at Goofy's. Tomorrow I'm booking the boys in for the Pirates League pirate:pirate:pirate: So close! :cheer2:

thanks everyone for the well wishes... i've been putting my down time to good/constructive use, and have been preparing all my document files plus:

- itinerary for mum & dad to refer to while we're away (so they know where we are/how to contact us etc)
- list of timezones & differences for family/friends back home, so we don't have that annoying 3am wake up call from someone going 'oh, i forgot the time difference' etc (some of our friends/family won't/refuse to install world clock on their phones, sigh!)
- list of all rides in dlr (so my travellers can hash out a plan of attack on the 14+ hr flight
- list of all rides in wdw (broken down by park, again, see above)
- printing up all relevant documentation confirmations
- list of important numbers (insurance, bank etc)

oh, and doing lots of online shopping (can't walk to the end of the street right now, so physical shopping is out!) for the bits and bobs i need like

- glasses cases for our glasses
- tsa locks (no matter how many i buy, or put in super secret safe places, i always need more)
- luggage tags (as above, sigh!)
- coloured ribbon to identify our luggage
- day bag for in park use
- rfid wallet/holder for passports & cards etc
- various swimwear, pants, socks etc for the man

and lots of confirmation emails happening with the TA and various hotels ensuring that my understanding of their policies and their understanding of their policies are in line :)

getting excited people :)

5ofus -- getting so close i bet you can almost taste the excitement :)

I have a bits and bobs list too Alicia, trouble is no matter how much I buy the list just seems to get bigger :confused3

One month today until we leave!!!!

Where can I buy tsa locks???

I am trying to decide when to pull out the suitcases.. I have unofficially started packing in that when things catch my eye or parcels arrive :) they go in a separate washing basket for our trip.. we are now on washing basket number 3 :)

Any Aussies do customs clothes for their kids in WDW or DL??? We did a few last time - this time we have too many for the number of days we are there!!! I promise no matching family tee shirts though... 13 year old DS has a few gap junk food star wars tees.. that's it.

I am trying to decide when to pull out the suitcases.. I have unofficially started packing in that when things catch my eye or parcels arrive :) they go in a separate washing basket for our trip.. we are now on washing basket number 3 :)

Any Aussies do customs clothes for their kids in WDW or DL??? We did a few last time - this time we have too many for the number of days we are there!!! I promise no matching family tee shirts though... 13 year old DS has a few gap junk food star wars tees.. that's it.

you can get the TSa locks at post office

we're with others - only doing disneyland for cars land and just bought Tickets just before I saw the rsr rumour. I will not be a happy camper if its closed.
what annoys me is the possible short notice

would have done 1 extra wdw and 1 extra NYC

You can get them from most places that sell travel stuff. Our local BBQs Galore has them.

I got mine from eBay but saw some today at all the $2/discount shops I went to (looking for travel bottles for shampoo, etc). I bought some adapters too, as I seem to have misplaced ours after our last trip. Lucky I realised now, and not when I got there, that I only had the European adapters ready to pack!

I also bought a top today to wear on the plane, so I have my outfit ready - it's always been a big deal to me, to look respectable on the plane, in the forlorn hope of being given an upgrade (huh, not likely anymore with a child in tow!) Stupid, I know, but that's just the way I think :blush:

DH is telling me I can't start packing yet, though I so desperately want to (and have packed and re-packed dozens of times, in my head!), but I will hold off a little longer (don't want our dog freaking out just yet!)

Might start writing out my shopping list tomorrow... :thumbsup2

Booked Pirates League this morning! Anybody else doing it? DS3 has been kind enough to start his day at 5am the last couple of days so I could call DL without the bigger boys hearing. I'm done with the bookings now - nothing left to book!

Booked Pirates League this morning! Anybody else doing it? DS3 has been kind enough to start his day at 5am the last couple of days so I could call DL without the bigger boys hearing. I'm done with the bookings now - nothing left to book!

The Pirates League sounds great. Think our 2 are a bit old for this now though.

In the last couple of days I have started marking dining reservations via email. So far we have a Minnie & Friends character breakfast ( we have not done a character meal before), and lunch at Blue Bayou ( again have not eaten here before). Am attempting to experience new things this trip :)

Not sure whether to do a WOC dining package, or just get a standard fastpass.
Also we did the Fantasmic dessert package last trip, but not sure if we will this trip . Decisions, decisions.....

My son is booked in for Pirates League at WDW on the afternoon of MNSSHP. I'm so excited as I'm pretty sure my son will love it.

My (awesome uber-planning) Disney Experience has opened up FastPass Plus bookings into October. (with the exception of 30 September)

I can nearly completely schedule every waking hour at the parks now. Heck...my AK day is completely full!

I sure hope my custom Magic Bands are waiting for me at the resort!

My (awesome uber-planning) Disney Experience has opened up FastPass Plus bookings into October. (with the exception of 30 September)

I can nearly completely schedule every waking hour at the parks now. Heck...my AK day is completely full!

I sure hope my custom Magic Bands are waiting for me at the resort!

Cool. Lucky you! :)

I'm still getting the generic "we're sorry" message when I click on the Fastpass link. I would really like to be part of it, but I'm not holding my breath - the system is still having trouble recognising my son's ticket. (It's linked, but it doesn't recognise what type of ticket it is) :confused:

Since you're renting points like me, I'm curious. Did the points owner have to do anything before you were able to access the Fastpass?

Also, is Jedi Training one of the things you can Fastpass at HS?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter