September/October 2013 check in

22 sleeps to go! and Today is tell the kids day party:

:cheer2: How did they react?

This time in two weeks, I'll be heading to bed, ready to get up at 4am to head to the airport. I only have 4 days of work to go and only 2 of them are in the classroom. Packing has started...well throwing things that I know that we'll need in the suitcase.

I jinxed myself the other day when I mentioned sicknesses. dd2 got gastro and has missed the last two days of school. Fortunately no-one else in the family got it (and touch wood we don't). Better now than in 2 weeks though. I have been dosing them up with a daily multivitamin and I have been giving dd2 a probiotic too.

How's everyone else's last minute organising going?

This time in two weeks, I'll be heading to bed, ready to get up at 4am to head to the airport. I only have 4 days of work to go and only 2 of them are in the classroom. Packing has started...well throwing things that I know that we'll need in the suitcase.

I jinxed myself the other day when I mentioned sicknesses. dd2 got gastro and has missed the last two days of school. Fortunately no-one else in the family got it (and touch wood we don't). Better now than in 2 weeks though. I have been dosing them up with a daily multivitamin and I have been giving dd2 a probiotic too.

Only two weeks! Four days of work? Awesome. I'm down to 17 work days now. The kids are really getting into the countdown , even though they think we are just going to Vegas. Really have to start working on the packing, but I don't know when I'll have the time!

In the midst of planning my husbands 40th birthday party for this Saturday night and feeling very sad that my head is filled with that rather than my happy daily chant of how many days to go!!

23 days to go (clap clap)
there are on-ly

Even my not quite 3 year old can sing it!

I like "one month tomorrow" <-- that has a very nice ring to it! Oooh, everyone must be getting really excited now as the days creep every closer for all of us!!! :cool1::cool1:

Awesome! Make sure you let us know how they react.

5 weeks exactly for me. Hurry up, time. Hurry up!

How wonderful! :cool1::cheer2: I hope it all goes well for you and they react crazily over-the-top! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

:wave2: We picked DH up from the airport and went to our house block that had just settled on Friday to have a celebratory :drinking1 I had addressed letters to them I asked them where the letterbox would be they were a bit confused, I handed them envelopes with Disneyland postcards inside that said
22 sleeps to go! USA and a US$50 note.
Their reactions were strange they were stunned they really had no idea and I think they were waiting for us to tell them it was a joke.
Within 5-10 mins it had sunk in and we were bombarded with questions they have been bouncing of the walls ever since.
Funnily they have said today we wish you had of surprised 3 days before because it's to long to wait its just to exciting :rotfl2: This is the shortest countdown they have ever had!

:wave2: We picked DH up from the airport and went to our house block that had just settled on Friday to have a celebratory :drinking1 I had addressed letters to them I asked them where the letterbox would be they were a bit confused, I handed them envelopes with Disneyland postcards inside that said
Their reactions were strange they were stunned they really had no idea and I think they were waiting for us to tell them it was a joke.
Within 5-10 mins it had sunk in and we were bombarded with questions they have been bouncing of the walls ever since.
Funnily they have said today we wish you had of surprised 3 days before because it's to long to wait its just to exciting :rotfl2: This is the shortest countdown they have ever had!

Awww.... Glad it went well, despite the 5 minute delayed reaction.

:thumbsup2

It sounds like a clever way to carry out the surprise.

I like "one month tomorrow" <-- that has a very nice ring to it! Oooh, everyone must be getting really excited now as the days creep every closer for all of us!!! :cool1::cool1:

:) That's what I can say today.

I'm really looking forward to Tuesday when I can say 4 weeks to go. I feel like 4 weeks is kind of significant, given that I first started planning this holiday in my head about 4 years ago. 4 years ---> 4 weeks. Can hardly believe it.

1 month to go.

In the midst of planning my husbands 40th birthday party for this Saturday night and feeling very sad that my head is filled with that rather than my happy daily chant of how many days to go!!

there are on-ly

Even my not quite 3 year old can sing it!

:) That's what I can say today.

I'm really looking forward to Tuesday when I can say 4 weeks to go. I feel like 4 weeks is kind of significant, given that I first started planning this holiday in my head about 4 years ago. 4 years ---> 4 weeks. Can hardly believe it.

We're really getting to the pointy end now :cool1::cheer2: Three weeks from now we'll be checked in at Sydney airport, chasing DS3 around and ordering DS1's third breakfast of the day.

Speaking of DS1, we're pretty sure he knows about Disneyland :guilty::sad2: One of the downsides of having a uber-smart 6yo I guess. Because he's a sweet kid though, he's still playing along, so we'll carry on as if he doesn't know. I've decided the pass the parcel idea is just a bit too complicated so I've wrapped the tshirts and maps into three separate parcels and will just hand them one each. Will be easier to get their reactions on film too I think :) Only 25 more days of keeping this whopper of a secret!

One month to go!

I get so excited crossing a day of the calendar each morning. My DS crosses the days off with me, but he's no where near as excited as me as he really doesn't understand what's happening. Originally when I told him, he thought WDW was a place that we could drive to in a day. He asked if his friends could come along too since we were going for his birthday. Even after explaining that it is a long way away and we'd be going for quite a long time, I still don't think he knows what to expect. When I asked what he was looking forward to most - Disney World or Xmas - he said 'Xmas'. :rolleyes: I will be asking again what he prefers when we come back and I know the answer will be different.

One month to go!

I get so excited crossing a day of the calendar each morning. My DS crosses the days off with me, but he's no where near as excited as me as he really doesn't understand what's happening. Originally when I told him, he thought WDW was a place that we could drive to in a day. He asked if his friends could come along too since we were going for his birthday. Even after explaining that it is a long way away and we'd be going for quite a long time, I still don't think he knows what to expect. When I asked what he was looking forward to most - Disney World or Xmas - he said 'Xmas'. :rolleyes: I will be asking again what he prefers when we come back and I know the answer will be different.

I am excited as you !!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:
(my family isn't though)

Ive deliberately stayed off Dis for a few months because I really need this holiday and it seemed too bloody far away...until now. We arrive into Orlando on Sun 29th September for 10 nights at our DVC home AKL Kidani.

The Boss and DD5 leave a month today to spend time with the Grandparents in Arizona first and I leave 2 weeks later to join them. Then after Florida is done we fly to Seattle for a week touring through SW Canada on a roadtrip through Kamloops, Banff and Jasper.

Did I mention I really need this holiday..........

Ive deliberately stayed off Dis for a few months because I really need this holiday and it seemed too bloody far away...until now. We arrive into Orlando on Sun 29th September for 10 nights at our DVC home AKL Kidani.

The Boss and DD5 leave a month today to spend time with the Grandparents in Arizona first and I leave 2 weeks later to join them. Then after Florida is done we fly to Seattle for a week touring through SW Canada on a roadtrip through Kamloops, Banff and Jasper.

Did I mention I really need this holiday..........

Great trip.

Not long now. :flower3:

(Nice to see you back on the Dis!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter