September/October 2013 check in

Ahh poop. We officially decided that we'd give travel with a 5 month old a go, so I hopped back online to look at flights I found last week, of course they're now $200 extra each :( Always the way isn't it? I've tried clearing my history, but unfortunately it didn't help...

Ahh poop. We officially decided that we'd give travel with a 5 month old a go, so I hopped back online to look at flights I found last week, of course they're now $200 extra each :( Always the way isn't it? I've tried clearing my history, but unfortunately it didn't help...

I hate when prices go up; just when you decide you want to travel!! Hope you find flights that you like.

so i've finally sorted my trip out, and sat down today to figure out what i still have to pay for... i think i've been holding out for better deals/exchange rates etc...

so... i still have to pay for:

dlr accomodation
dlr tickets (aussie dollars though, so they can wait a bit longer)
dlr transport
travel insurance
convert some aussie $ into usd (cash)
pay off the balance on the mickey boat
pay off the balance of universal studios (all inclusive)
halloween party @ dlr
halloween party @ wdw
port adventures

Have been wondering how you've been Alicia. You haven't popped in for a while.

You must be getting close now to your 75 day cruise window?

So leading up to the trip, I've been researching to determine how to make best use of the time we are at DLP & DCA.

From looking at the write ups on the rides (most of them!) recommend to go in the mornings because the wait can be lengthy otherwise (my kids CAN'T wait for anything!)

How on earth is one able to go on these rides - you can only be one place at a time.
And how can you manage to do most of them if you are spending upto 1 hr in line - there's not much you will be able to accomplish in one day esp. in off peak season where the parks hours are reduced.
And finally make time in the day to enjoy the DH facilities?
And explore Anaheim (ok, that really means visit the outlets to do some shopping!)

We have 4 day hoppers plus MHP tickets, staying 6 days/5 nights on site.

Someone reassure me it's not really as bad as it sounds? And it CAN be done?

Yes it can be done. The benefit of going first thing in morning is getting there before the lines get to 1 hour long. Get fast pass tickets for later in the day.

Don't expect to see and do everything, pick your must do's and focus on them. If the parks seem too busy that's when you take the time to go shopping or enjoy the hotel.

I normally pick my top 5 attractions to hit per day as my must do's and work around those for the entire day. But I do stay flexible with my touring plans. If a ride is busy, come back tomorrow in the morning.

Depending on when you're going, the parks may not be too busy....hence why Disney hours are less. If you are getting fast passes, I believe fast pass enforcement is now in place. So check the return times to make sure that it fits in with your plans.

So leading up to the trip, I've been researching to determine how to make best use of the time we are at DLP & DCA.

From looking at the write ups on the rides (most of them!) recommend to go in the mornings because the wait can be lengthy otherwise (my kids CAN'T wait for anything!)

How on earth is one able to go on these rides - you can only be one place at a time.
And how can you manage to do most of them if you are spending upto 1 hr in line - there's not much you will be able to accomplish in one day esp. in off peak season where the parks hours are reduced.
And finally make time in the day to enjoy the DH facilities?
And explore Anaheim (ok, that really means visit the outlets to do some shopping!)

We have 4 day hoppers plus MHP tickets, staying 6 days/5 nights on site.

Someone reassure me it's not really as bad as it sounds? And it CAN be done?

Absolutely! As others have suggested, pick out your MUST DO's and plan your mornings around those. You really should get a lot in while you are there - what are your dates exactly?

With the help of EE, I'm planning on doing all of Fantasyland and most of Tomorrowland during our first three hours in the park and I really do think it's possible. Of course, I'm not COUNTING on it, so I won't be disappointed. As long as we do Peter Pan (Jake obsessed children) and Dumbo before the crowds hit, I'll be happy :)

Please don't stress/panic about it. If you do a little planning, then you can relax and live in the moment while you are there :)

It's funny. I think we're leaving around the same time; but I didn't start my ticker till about a month or so ago. So, mine looks like it has heaps to go.

I was actually tempted to create a new ticker back at the 2 month mark. Less days means that the ticker will look like it's moving much faster.
The problem is that using the iPad App 90% of the time, I can't see my ticker anyway.

I've marked a 50 day countdown on my calendar which I'm going to start next Monday with my son.

Off topic: With the duchess in labor, what sex and name are people predicting. I'm guessing a girl, Victoria Diana.

I think my 50 day countdown starts on Thursday.

No point having a different ticker if you can't see it from your device. ;)

Off Topic: I'm guessing it will be a BABY, 6 lbs 2 oz. I like your girl names. I like Richard James for a boy.

I think my 50 day countdown starts on Thursday.

No point having a different ticker if you can't see it from your device. ;)

Off Topic: I'm guessing it will be a BABY, 6 lbs 2 oz. I like your girl names. I like Richard James for a boy.

:rotfl: A BABY, as opposed to a ......???

Absolutely! As others have suggested, pick out your MUST DO's and plan your mornings around those. You really should get a lot in while you are there - what are your dates exactly?

With the help of EE, I'm planning on doing all of Fantasyland and most of Tomorrowland during our first three hours in the park and I really do think it's possible. Of course, I'm not COUNTING on it, so I won't be disappointed. As long as we do Peter Pan (Jake obsessed children) and Dumbo before the crowds hit, I'll be happy :)

Please don't stress/panic about it. If you do a little planning, then you can relax and live in the moment while you are there :)

Thanks. I think half the stress is from the fact that I'm living this alone - kids don't know and part me wants to share the burden :) I think if I told them, then I can get some feedback rather than trying to work out what they like or what they must see! I really want to do RSR - the whole wide right thing is hard for me to visualise even with photos and the map - hopefully it will all sense when I'm physically there!

We are there 24/9-29/9. Not going to the park the first day though as we will be arriving late afternoon. Instead we are going to do character dining and probably hit DTD and maybe check out the surrounds of the hotel.

I ended booking PPH for our last two days as With MCP and fantasmic & fireworks, we will be having late nights and I didn't want to commute too far with the kids and wanted to get another EE in.

45 days to go here before we leave for London. Husbands birthday tomorrow which has come around so quickly! I can only imagine how quickly the weeks will fly by now. My daughter is at school so August is already booked up with school events and birthday parties to keep us busy.

I have started instagramming a French/UK themed photo each day for a bit of fun. I am really getting excited. It is my first big trip overseas - was too busy buying houses and renovating when I was younger. This is the first "crazy" thing we have ever done with our money. It feels good!

Bought my husband all travel related things for his birthday - new leather toiletry bag, a satchel day pack, new sneakers and new PJ's. Everyone is almost all kitted out.

I just need to choose a new suitcase (mine is so old and has been on over 200 domestic flights and weighs a TONNE) and choose shoes for me and my little boy. He will be in the stroller so he more needs to just get shoes in general.

Well I am rambling and rambling! Daughter was super excited about the royal birth today and is hoping there will be some suitably themed tattle to buy!

I am already thinking about another trip - all of your cruises and the USA are inspiring me!

Sally

45 days to go here before we leave for London. Husbands birthday tomorrow which has come around so quickly! I can only imagine how quickly the weeks will fly by now. My daughter is at school so August is already booked up with school events and birthday parties to keep us busy.

I have started instagramming a French/UK themed photo each day for a bit of fun. I am really getting excited. It is my first big trip overseas - was too busy buying houses and renovating when I was younger. This is the first "crazy" thing we have ever done with our money. It feels good!

Bought my husband all travel related things for his birthday - new leather toiletry bag, a satchel day pack, new sneakers and new PJ's. Everyone is almost all kitted out.

I just need to choose a new suitcase (mine is so old and has been on over 200 domestic flights and weighs a TONNE) and choose shoes for me and my little boy. He will be in the stroller so he more needs to just get shoes in general.

Well I am rambling and rambling! Daughter was super excited about the royal birth today and is hoping there will be some suitably themed tattle to buy!

I am already thinking about another trip - all of your cruises and the USA are inspiring me!

Sally

Happy Birthday to your DH.

Have a great trip!

:rolleyes1 6 weeks to go i am a little :dance3: :yay: and a little :eek::scared1: it's going to fast

lol, I know what you mean.

On one hand I'm beyond excited with my 55 days to go, but another part of me is suffering from mild buyers remorse.

Right at that point when everything is paid off and I am so financially invested in a holiday that I can't back out, I usually get this little voice of doubt set in questioning whether I'm doing the right thing. Ironically for the last 3 or 4 trips it's been slight remorse that if I hadn't of succumbed to a holiday closer to home (Fiji, South Island etc.) I would be one step closer to getting my son to Disneyworld. This time, however, it's my love of scenery and the great outdoors that has me questioning whether I should have stuck with my original plan and gone to Yellowstone or done an Alaskan cruise (or my dream holiday - both).

Silly I know, and I'm certainly not loosing any sleep over it; I'm yet to go on a holiday I've regretted afterwards. There are just so many wonderful places to visit in this world and I need to win lotto so I can visit all of them. :)

yep, its that time of the trip again.....45 days and having those lost passport, missed flights, sleeping in dreams......

:bitelip:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter