September/October 2013 check in

104 here that means Monday is 100 sleeps day :eek::yay::banana:

:cheer2: it's coming around so quickly. My dd (6) took the travel brochures to school today for show and tell. I think that the kids at school are going to be sick of her trip by the time that she comes back and shares what she did on our trip. :lmao:

Booked our go San Diego cards last night. So another thing checked off the list. I still need to email Tom for anaheim411 to get the tour organised. Then there's just airport transfers from anaheim to Lax, disneyland character meals, a whale watching tour at Vancouver island, tournament of kings in Vegas and we're pretty much done. :cool1:

:cheer2: it's coming around so quickly. My dd (6) took the travel brochures to school today for show and tell. I think that the kids at school are going to be sick of her trip by the time that she comes back and shares what she did on our trip. :lmao:
That's so cute! I worry that we're depriving our kids of the enjoyment a bit by not telling them until we're over there. I only worry a bit though, if we told them now it would be three and a half months of "are we going to Disneyland today?" from my 4yo. Best to keep quiet methinks! :thumbsup2

It has been so long since I was last on the boards planning a 2011 trip for me and my DBF, but I am back because my mother and I have booked a trip.

And what a trip it is:
02 October DL
06 October 4 Night Dream Cruise
10 October WDW
12 October 7 night Fantasy Cruise
20 October Hawaii

I know we don't have much time at WDW but at least I have a few days in DL to make up for it. I am thinking of going to only Animal Kingdom and EPCOT on the 1 1/2 days we have. Even though I would love to see the Fantasy Land expansion, I think the other two parks are the most different from DL.

I am so excited. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: add me to the October list! :cool1:

It has been so long since I was last on the boards planning a 2011 trip for me and my DBF, but I am back because my mother and I have booked a trip.

And what a trip it is:
02 October DL
06 October 4 Night Dream Cruise
10 October WDW
12 October 7 night Fantasy Cruise
20 October Hawaii

I know we don't have much time at WDW but at least I have a few days in DL to make up for it. I am thinking of going to only Animal Kingdom and EPCOT on the 1 1/2 days we have. Even though I would love to see the Fantasy Land expansion, I think the other two parks are the most different from DL.

I am so excited. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: add me to the October list! :cool1:

:wave: Nice to see you back on the boards.

Wow you guys certainly move fast with all these posts! Haven't been around much last few weeks as been having major issues with my kidney, it's currently being rejected by my body :sad: so have been stuck at the hospital getting heavy IV treatment - I found out yesterday that you really don't know just how sick you are on Dialysis until you are on the other side of the fence looking back!! Got pumped with a lot of fluid and my body did not like it at all; I was bloated and so fluid over loaded I thought I was going to have a heart attack my chest felt that bad and horrid, the sad thing is I had that feeling ALL day EVERY day for almost three years when I was on Dialysis and it never really bothered me, not once. So as you can imagine I am now in major major stress mode for my US trip.. will my kidney even make it to July let alone October? I sure as heck hope so, not going is not an option for me any more, I will seriously crumble into a million pieces if I won't get to go plus my friend won't want to go on the cruise herself as she's a shy girl and there is no one that could go in my place on such short notice. It's all just so so frustrating for me at the moment and then I have to contend with the fact that I MAY end up back on Dialysis..life was suppose to be simpler with the lil ol' kidney, ya know? :faint:

Any way trying to stay positive I will get there in the end, I am glad that most of our stuff is booked and done so that's one less thing I need to worry about for a few months yet. Can't believe it's only just under 5 months away, this time last year we were only juuuuust starting to talk about a US trip and now it's almost here. Hope you all are well and enjoying your countdowns and planning, just wanted to quickly pop in and say hey :wave2:

Wow you guys certainly move fast with all these posts! Haven't been around much last few weeks as been having major issues with my kidney, it's currently being rejected by my body :sad: so have been stuck at the hospital getting heavy IV treatment - I found out yesterday that you really don't know just how sick you are on Dialysis until you are on the other side of the fence looking back!! Got pumped with a lot of fluid and my body did not like it at all; I was bloated and so fluid over loaded I thought I was going to have a heart attack my chest felt that bad and horrid, the sad thing is I had that feeling ALL day EVERY day for almost three years when I was on Dialysis and it never really bothered me, not once. So as you can imagine I am now in major major stress mode for my US trip.. will my kidney even make it to July let alone October? I sure as heck hope so, not going is not an option for me any more, I will seriously crumble into a million pieces if I won't get to go plus my friend won't want to go on the cruise herself as she's a shy girl and there is no one that could go in my place on such short notice. It's all just so so frustrating for me at the moment and then I have to contend with the fact that I MAY end up back on Dialysis..life was suppose to be simpler with the lil ol' kidney, ya know? :faint:

Any way trying to stay positive I will get there in the end, I am glad that most of our stuff is booked and done so that's one less thing I need to worry about for a few months yet. Can't believe it's only just under 5 months away, this time last year we were only juuuuust starting to talk about a US trip and now it's almost here. Hope you all are well and enjoying your countdowns and planning, just wanted to quickly pop in and say hey :wave2:

That is not fun. Hope you get better. Stay positive. :flower3:

I hope your kidney starts doing what it's meant to soon and you get to go on your trip :hug:

Oh Gosh Teddykins! I'm sorry you are having such major health issues. I admire your positive attitude and strength, I really hope your health improves quickly so you can thoroughly enjoy the rest of your planning and then your trip.

Thanks everyone, had another round of IV's today and more tomorrow, nurse thinks if bloods are good today than tomorrow could be my last one which I am hopeful for but if not well what ever works to keep the kidney safe as that's what this is all for :) I certainly don't miss Dialysis after today's run; it took 2 hours and 10 tries to cannulate me this morning :eek: my poor right arm is bruised and battered from all those needles. Hopefully all this is working though :)

Thanks everyone, had another round of IV's today and more tomorrow, nurse thinks if bloods are good today than tomorrow could be my last one which I am hopeful for but if not well what ever works to keep the kidney safe as that's what this is all for :) I certainly don't miss Dialysis after today's run; it took 2 hours and 10 tries to cannulate me this morning :eek: my poor right arm is bruised and battered from all those needles. Hopefully all this is working though :)

Sorry to hear that you are going through this Lisa. I hope you get good news tomorrow.

Our Go San Diego cards arrived today...in less than a week!

It's 3 months tomorrow that we leave. That's crazy!!!

101 days today! Our Photopass plus CD and voucher arrived on Friday, another thing to check off the list. Still have a couple of big things to buy, but really only one that's in US dollars. Oh and the passports. We still have two of those to get :( Slowly getting there, but we're inching closer to that 3 month mark - we'd better get a move on!

Anybody got some Disneyland dining to book in? I'm thinking we'll book a couple of character meals. We really like the Storytellers at the GC and we had a great time at the Plaza breakfast too.

101 days for us as well - but we are heading in the opposite direction. UK, France and DLP. I am not sure we are quite ready for WDW at our house yet - will work up to that slowly!

Sally

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter