September/October 2013 check in

Add another one for Sep/Oct. We are DVC members at AKL Kidani and will be spending 14 days from the end of September, probably interrupted after 5 days with a 3 night /4 day Disney cruise, which will be our first "high seas" adventure. We (the wife and 6 year old DD) usually do a 2 bed at Kidani with the inlaws from Arizona as well. Plus the mad uncle from here is coming again to relive his childhood at WDW for the second time.
Not quite counting the days yet, but as it's inside a year, planning is being ramped up. And after we get back to Vegas, another 2 week road trip through the Northern National Parks right up into Canada will round out 4-5 weeks. The TR should be interesting....

watching as people too and fro the choices and decisions that will shape their trip is a joy to behold....

here is my hiku for the day

oh Disney planning
tempting us with promises
mickey ears galore

I'm at the top of my game:rotfl:

I'm negotiating with DH.

We're definitely doing 3 weeks....negotiating for 4 weeks in the US.

I'm negotiating with DH.

We're definitely doing 3 weeks....negotiating for 4 weeks in the US.

:thumbsup2

I need to negotiate nothing LOL

Well, except for the 2014 trip i'm already planning...

Well, i've been back to work 2 weeks, so two weeks closer to our next trip (although no dates are final).
My BIL got us onto Skyscanner, so DH has been sitting there mucking around with dates already...

hint...ask for 5 weeks, then compromise at 4 :rotfl2: works every time

I did start at 5 weeks.

Do you know what DH said?????

Why don't we just take 6 weeks off and go to Europe instead. :faint:

Who knew my DH could be soooo snarky!!
So, I'm doing the softly, softly approach from low ball to middle ground instead.

Well, i've been back to work 2 weeks, so two weeks closer to our next trip (although no dates are final).
My BIL got us onto Skyscanner, so DH has been sitting there mucking around with dates already...

Lucky you!

But seriously - Despite appearances on the Dis, DH and I like to agree on where we go and how long for. Once we agree that, I get to plan, plan, plan to my heart's content.

Lucky you!

But seriously - Despite appearances on the Dis, DH and I like to agree on where we go and how long for. Once we agree that, I get to plan, plan, plan to my heart's content.

If he's going too I guess he needs to like it :rotfl2:

DH is out playing golf today, wore his Mickey golf shirt :rolleyes1

becpee said:

So what's this sky scanner you mentioned......????

I guess we feel we can manipulate the DH's re hols, but the truth is they are playing us......my dh does nothing he doesn't want to do....typical male in my household....

So what's this sky scanner you mentioned......????

I guess we feel we can manipulate the DH's re hols, but the truth is they are playing us......my dh does nothing he doesn't want to do....typical male in my household....

Did you check out skyscanner?
Compares flight prices, times etc

Good site :thumbsup2

I just tried to scam/wheedle/negotiate a few extra days and was firmly shut down.

So have compromised. 7 night eastern caribbean + 10 days wdw + 3 days universal/shopping, lol. So it seems we are in agreement for now. Lord, give me strength!! The 2014 trip is fully planned. The 2013 one is doing my head in :)

I just tried to scam/wheedle/negotiate a few extra days and was firmly shut down.

So have compromised. 7 night eastern caribbean + 10 days wdw + 3 days universal/shopping, lol. So it seems we are in agreement for now. Lord, give me strength!! The 2014 trip is fully planned. The 2013 one is doing my head in :)

hey, just noticed you'll be in wdw when we are.......dinner????
we'll be there 7-15 sept ish...

What I have had to tell myself today about 5 times...

"When life get's you down, just immagine strolling down main street. The jingly tunes, Dapper Dans, churros, the sun shining. Pure Disney goodness" It helps get me through the day.

50 weeks to go!!!

Omg .. Yes!! Will be fab

sounds like a plan stan.......how about a character lunch ie crystal palace....combine all the things we love...food, characters, food .....oh and our better halves:rotfl:

I am now tossing up
3 nights AKV and 6 nights BWV...trying to get max usage out of this years AP....

too many choices....:surfweb:

sounds like a plan stan.......how about a character lunch ie crystal palace....combine all the things we love...food, characters, food .....oh and our better halves:rotfl:

I am now tossing up
3 nights AKV and 6 nights BWV...trying to get max usage out of this years AP....

too many choices....:surfweb:

sounds like a plan.

we will most likely be at AoA, and we will be most likely doing a majority of CS with only a few TS ressies, with Ohana and CP being 2 of them...

seems like you have a cunning plan/can read my mind :)

our dates may change a little but we are most likely going to be there for at least the same timeframe (ie 9th - 21st ish). also planning on doing the MNSSHP and friday 13th celebrations.

sounds like a plan.

we will most likely be at AoA, and we will be most likely doing a majority of CS with only a few TS ressies, with Ohana and CP being 2 of them...

seems like you have a cunning plan/can read my mind :)

our dates may change a little but we are most likely going to be there for at least the same timeframe (ie 9th - 21st ish). also planning on doing the MNSSHP and friday 13th celebrations.

we are looking at skipping mnsshp, the dh wasnt too impressed with it this year..we also are just doing OOP for dining so anything works for us...we havent done CP for a few years so if your up for it, let us know..we are flexible.

As to our park schedule, just follow the EMH's am/pm and thats where we will be:rotfl:

so our (TBC)dates will be
6 sept syd-lax-mco flying ANZ:cloud9:
6-9 AKL
9-15 BWV
15-29 Freedom of the seas (back to back)
29 mco-lax-syd

let the obsessive planning commence:surfweb:

we are looking at skipping mnsshp, the dh wasnt too impressed with it this year..we also are just doing OOP for dining so anything works for us...we havent done CP for a few years so if your up for it, let us know..we are flexible.

As to our park schedule, just follow the EMH's am/pm and thats where we will be:rotfl:

so our (TBC)dates will be
6 sept syd-lax-mco flying ANZ:cloud9:
6-9 AKL
9-15 BWV
15-29 Freedom of the seas (back to back)
29 mco-lax-syd

let the obsessive planning commence:surfweb:

since it is our first wdw visit, we wanted to do some 'special event' so chose mnsshp. we also will be dining OOP (can't really justify the expense, plus the rest of my travel crew all balked at doing ADRs and threw their hands up in surrender when i started talking CS locations... lol. i think this will mean i will end up researching dining locations A LOT and then making on the spot recommendations based on how everyone is feeling..but with a few ADRs thrown in just for funsies.

your itinerary (subject to change) looks similar to mine (subject to change) however we are doing the much more low rent version:

4 sept: bne - lax - mco economy with vaustralia/delta
4-14: wdw with 2 days universal + at least 2 days shopping
14-21: western caribbean dcl cruise
21-22: onsite at universal
22 sept: mco - lax - syd - bne economy with vaustralia/southwest

alicia1506 said:
since it is our first wdw visit, we wanted to do some 'special event' so chose mnsshp. we also will be dining OOP (can't really justify the expense, plus the rest of my travel crew all balked at doing ADRs and threw their hands up in surrender when i started talking CS locations... lol. i think this will mean i will end up researching dining locations A LOT and then making on the spot recommendations based on how everyone is feeling..but with a few ADRs thrown in just for funsies.

your itinerary (subject to change) looks similar to mine (subject to change) however we are doing the much more low rent version:

4 sept: bne - lax - mco economy with vaustralia/delta
4-14: wdw with 2 days universal + at least 2 days shopping
14-21: western caribbean dcl cruise
21-22: onsite at universal
22 sept: mco - lax - syd - bne economy with vaustralia/southwest

We're doing the western too, so I'll be very interested to read your report. On my list is Tropicante in Costa Maya and hopefully some ruins and waste all our time at Margaritaville in Cozumel :) but I'm really dreaming of CC...

We're doing the western too, so I'll be very interested to read your report. On my list is Tropicante in Costa Maya and hopefully some ruins and waste all our time at Margaritaville in Cozumel :) but I'm really dreaming of CC...

we aren't huge swimmers, although i will insist that everyone at least wades into the water at CC. i really, really am dying to see some ruins (preferrably chacchoben in costa maya) and although carlo and i were going to originally go on this trip together, i figured we may as well do it this year with our siblings as well rather than delaying another year!!!

love hearing about cruise TRs so i will definitely do one. would love to read yours when you are back from it too :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter