• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September Adults and Solo Travelers

We will be there Sept 10-17 at ASMU 4 of us all single.Myself 50 female,My friend female51 My son 30,my friends daughter 18.My friend has a convention for part of the dates so it all started with me going along to keep her from making the 8 hr drive alone then my son wanted to go then her Daughter. We are doing the free dining.Can't wait

Hi all,

I'm glad I can be a part of this thread! :banana:
I'll be doing my first solo trip in September:
9th to 16th at ASMu
16th to 21st at BCV.

Looking forward to making random conversation with (hopefully) other DISers and other friendly Disney folks!

I'm doing my first solo trip in September as well. 5th-9th at POFQ, 9th-12th at WL. It's exciting but a tiny bit scary :scared1:

I'm doing my first solo trip in September as well. 5th-9th at POFQ, 9th-12th at WL. It's exciting but a tiny bit scary

Exact dates that I'll be there. So many people going in Sept! We all need to wear a special hat or something so if we pass each other we can point and go, "Ah Ha!"

Not only are there many people going, but there seem to be a lot of us going solo in september. Might be me, but looks like there are more of us solo-people than in other months?

Jamstew; don't be scared. I know I've got it easy saying this with past experiences of solo travel, but you'll be allright. Going solo has advantages that travelling with others (even if it's just one) doesn't have. Meeting others, more nice chats, not having to think about what others want to do, you move a lot quicker etc. And with the DIS you can meet enough people to combine travelling solo and doing something together if you wish. Best of both worlds!

I'm doing my first solo trip in September as well. 5th-9th at POFQ, 9th-12th at WL. It's exciting but a tiny bit scary :scared1:

Hey! This will be my first solo trip as well! Sept. 9th - 14th @ AKV! Hopefully we'll spot each other! Please dont hesitate to say hello if you see me! :wave:

Edit: Keeva, Chef, jamstew, StageTek, madenon, if you are going to be around on Sept. 13th, there is a DISmeet at the Tower of Terror at MGM around 3pm. Here's the link.
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1415349

If you can come, put your names on the list. Also, I believe that the 13th is the first day that the Haunted Mansion opens after it's been refurbished at MK.

Hope I get to meet some of you!

Not only are there many people going, but there seem to be a lot of us going solo in september. Might be me, but looks like there are more of us solo-people than in other months?

Jamstew; don't be scared. I know I've got it easy saying this with past experiences of solo travel, but you'll be allright. Going solo has advantages that travelling with others (even if it's just one) doesn't have. Meeting others, more nice chats, not having to think about what others want to do, you move a lot quicker etc. And with the DIS you can meet enough people to combine travelling solo and doing something together if you wish. Best of both worlds!

"Scared" was a poor choice of words--"slightly anxious" would probably be better :) I travel on my own quite a bit and love Vegas solo! I think I'm just a little intimidated by the scope of the trip. I love the idea of not having to worry about what anyone else wants to do, but the purpose of this trip (and the next three) is to "resort hop" and find the "best" place to stay with my kids and grandkids down the road. I've told them it's not happening until the youngest is 40" tall and potty trained :lmao:

Hey! This will be my first solo trip as well! Sept. 9th - 14th @ AKV! Hopefully we'll spot each other! Please dont hesitate to say hello if you see me! :wave:

Edit: Keeva, Chef, jamstew, StageTek, madenon, if you are going to be around on Sept. 13th, there is a DISmeet at the Tower of Terror at MGM around 3pm. Here's the link.
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1415349

If you can come, put your names on the list. Also, I believe that the 13th is the first day that the Haunted Mansion opens after it's been refurbished at MK.

Hope I get to meet some of you!

The 13th is my departure day, so I won't be able to make it :sad1:

DH (31) & I (30) will be at CSR 9/7-9/15.

Some adult plans we have:
9/8 Dinner at WPC and then PI
9/12 Epcot segway tour at 8:30
9/13 or 9/14 (not sure which yet) we plan...plan is the key word...to be drinking around the world!

I'll be solo during my five day visit ... and I live an hour and a half away so ... I usually go solo, which kinda stinks but it's SO fun going solo! It'll be so odd being there for five days solo tho, lol!

hey... there's alot fo us soloist who are planning to meet on some of our treks at the World.. check the link on my siggie!!! Hope to see you there !:cloud9:

Hi Glendamax,

Thanks so much for including us on this one... I'll be at EPCOT on the 13th, but I'll definately try to make it over to TOT in the afternoon to meet everyone - I'm very excited to meet the people who encouraged and inspired me to do a solo trip to the world this year - I've read many trip reports - I even hope to do my own trip report this time around!

My Hubby and I will be at DW from Sept 9th thru Oct 3rd and will be celebrating, a bit late, our birthdays and , a bit early, our anniversary!

We will be at EPCOT on the 13th and have an ADR @ 5 but will see what we can do.

Slightly Goofy

My Hubby and I will be at DW from Sept 9th thru Oct 3rd and will be celebrating, a bit late, our birthdays and , a bit early, our anniversary!

SlightlyGoofy - I'm so envious; wish I could extend our stay for a few more weeks - maybe someday ;)

Have a great time!

snowdrift7, trust me YOUR turn will come. Some day when I am too darned old to go myself I will be reading YOUR trip reports and be jealous of YOU!

Being retired means that we have more time than cash so we just wait for a good deal and go for it!!! It is cheaper to do one big trip than several smaller ones ALTHOUGH we are going back this December too!!

Hope to see you there!

Slightly Goofy

I'll be there at Aug. 26th, 'til Sept 2nd. My first time! :yay:

We (me, DS 14, DS 11 and friend of DS who is also 14) will be there August 25 thru September 1.

Where are you staying? We are at the Movies this time around.

Hi Glendamax,

Thanks so much for including us on this one... I'll be at EPCOT on the 13th, but I'll definately try to make it over to TOT in the afternoon to meet everyone - I'm very excited to meet the people who encouraged and inspired me to do a solo trip to the world this year - I've read many trip reports - I even hope to do my own trip report this time around!
YAY! I'm really looking forward to meeting some DISers in person! I THINK we're wearing green shirts that day!

We will be at EPCOT on the 13th and have an ADR @ 5 but will see what we can do.
Slightly Goofy
I think we're meeting at 3, so maybe you can squeeze it in. I had not planned to be at MGM that day either, but I'm gonna try my best not to miss it!

We (me, DS 14, DS 11 and friend of DS who is also 14) will be there August 25 thru September 1.

Where are you staying? We are at the Movies this time around.

I'll be at CBR Aug. 30 - Sept. 3. I'll be attending the Pirate and Princess Party on Aug. 31. pirate:

*Brian*

hey muguet27: My best friend and I, early 50s, are having an all girl trip 9/21-27. This will be our 3rd time in 2 yrs. Said we would go somewhere else next time but could not resist free dining. We met 5 years ago during my divorce and shortly after hers. We have become best friends and travel buddies, trying to go all the places our exhusbands would never go! (including DW!) Would love to hang out with you girls!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter