• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September 9, 2013 - WONDERful re-positioning trip to LA

Where does that go? I don't see it listed under the Pacific Coast heading.

It's listed under Panama Canal. I copied the itinerary from the DCL website:

September 14 to September 28
Disney Wonder

Day Port Ashore Onboard
1 Los Angeles, California — 4:00 p.m.
2 At Sea — —
3 Cabo San Lucas, Mexico* 11:15 a.m. 4:30 p.m.
4 Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 10:30 a.m. 3:30 p.m.
5 At Sea — —
6 At Sea — —
7 At Sea — —
8 At Sea — —
9 Panama Canal (cruising canal) 6:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.
10 Cartagena, Colombia 9:30 a.m. 5:45 p.m.
11 At Sea — —
12 At Sea — —
13 Cozumel, Mexico 7:30 a.m. 3:45 p.m.
14 At Sea — —
15 Galveston, Texas 9:30 a.m.

Jan

It's listed under Panama Canal. I copied the itinerary from the DCL website:

September 14 to September 28
Disney Wonder

Jan

Ah, I see. I thought you meant there was another Pacific Coast cruise scheduled after the one we are on. I did know about the one you listed here, but it is considerably more than a Pacific Coast cruise :-) We wanted to take the PC cruise in Fall 2012 that had a two day stop in San Francisco, but weren't able to make the trip. The 9/9/2013 one has only one day in SF, but it is considerably longer in port than others similar to it, so we decided to do it. I thought maybe there was one in 2013 that had that two day stop that I somehow missed. Thanks for your response.

It is so neat to meet so many people!

For all of you experienced DCL cruisers; do you think we will be having a pirate night and formal night on this cruise? I am an over-planner and am super curious! :D

HELLO EVERYONE!

Linda, I finally got onto the thread. Great to be here. Nice to see everyone and we are looking forward to going on the cruise!

Hi all! We have this cruise booked as a dummy date (impatiently waiting for 2014) but now we are considering taking this cruise! The price is right, the timing works well for us, and we could spend a few days in Disneyland when we get into LA. Does anyone know if they will do the Pirate party?:hyper:

It is so neat to meet so many people!

For all of you experienced DCL cruisers; do you think we will be having a pirate night and formal night on this cruise? I am an over-planner and am super curious! :D

On any cruise I've been on, they do.

HELLO EVERYONE!

Linda, I finally got onto the thread. Great to be here. Nice to see everyone and we are looking forward to going on the cruise!

HEY! :dance3: Can't wait to see you guys and the kids!

Jan, have you pursuaded Glindamood to sign up yet?

We just moved our deposit from the EB Panama Canal Cruise to this one. Unfortunately, I could not get the time off I needed for work. So, we will be doing a week long cruise in May on the Oasis of the Seas and this one!

Really excited. We are me (TC), wife Jamie, Son Callen (2 yo) and daughter Kinsey (6 week old).

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Hello everyone. I am also looking forward to another cruise. I was 2 weeks on the Disney Magic doing the Eastern and Western Caribbean. I am from Edmonton AB so this cruise is close by. I started a Facebook Group called Sept 9 Disney Wonder Cruise. When I previously went this was the way to do it.. so if you want to join let me know

Hello all! We just booked this cruise while we were on board the Wonder for the amazing Panama Canal December 9-23. Looking forward to being back on the wonder. It will be me, DH, DS Logan who will be 5 and DS Emmett who will be 2.

Lindababe - looking forward to sailing with you again!

We booked this a couple of months ago, but just added the 9/2 Alaska to make this a B2B for us! We cannot WAIT! Only wish we could go from Alaska to Galveston and stay the month :)

I will have DW, DS(15) and DD(12) with me.

Hello all! We just booked this cruise while we were on board the Wonder for the amazing Panama Canal December 9-23. Looking forward to being back on the wonder. It will be me, DH, DS Logan who will be 5 and DS Emmett who will be 2.

GREAT! Maybe we can sit next door again - looking forward to seeing the babies another year older :goodvibes

Scott, we'll see you on the B2B.

My mom and I booked this during last years repo cruise. We each have a room and will take my two nieces/granddaughter's. We were a bit sad that they changed it to only 5 nights this year.

We will also be staying about a week at a hotel near DL after the cruise.

We know a few people from last year's repo also booked again for this year, hopefully we will see you again.

Last year we were on the 2nd last Alaska cruise. We sailed out of Seattle and went on the outside of Vancouver Island. Those days were cold and windy. The previous year we sailed from Vancouver and went thruu the inside passage. We went around the same time of year; late August. The inside passage was a lot calmer and warmer.

We're spending a couple of days at DL after the cruise. While we're in the neighbourhood, eh?:yay:

Next thing I want to do is the Panama crossing.

Brenda
from MB

Last year we were on the 2nd last Alaska cruise. We sailed out of Seattle and went on the outside of Vancouver Island. Those days were cold and windy. The previous year we sailed from Vancouver and went thruu the inside passage. We went around the same time of year; late August. The inside passage was a lot calmer and warmer.

We're spending a couple of days at DL after the cruise. While we're in the neighbourhood, eh?:yay:

Next thing I want to do is the Panama crossing.

Brenda
from MB

The Panama crossing is well worth doing, Brenda.

I wonder what the likelihood of getting Grand Californian at the 7 month window is?

Flights are booked so we are staying a full week outside DL!

Fogot to mention it will be my niece's first cruise. I have taken them to WDW before and the oldest one has been to DL in 2007.

We were also on the Panama Canal cruise Dec 9- 23rd! What a wonderful trip that was!! Can't wait to experience Alaska for the first time!

How many of you are doing the back to back. The 9/2 Alaska with the repo? That's what we are doing. Do you have to get off the boat for B2B cruises if you have the same room on both?

No, we're doing the cruise and then a week at DL. We are from Van and I'm expecting it to be chilly but won't the LA/Cal portion of the cruise be quite warm?

I did this cruise last year with my DH and boys. The weather had been exceptionally warm at that time in Vancouver so I expected the same on the cruise but unfortunately that wasn't the case. It was cold and windy and SanFran was much of the same. Thankfully Goofy's pool is some what sheltered so was easily enjoyable and of course the programming is so fantastic we barely even looked at the pool! LA was smoking hot though and hoping it'll be much of the same this year!

Melis

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter