• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September 8, 2014 - Disney Wonder

:coffee: I just read on another thread that 4 day cruises do not have a formal night, instead they have a "Dress up Optional Night" so you may dress as you wish! That will make my suitcase lighter!!! Aloha, Karen

Hi! Taking our first disney cruise with you all! Its my husband, my son ( will be 2) and I. I am curious if anyone knows of we need to bring a carseat along for the cab ride from the airport to the hotel. We are flying in late sunday, and got a hotel in wlaking distance to the port. I cant find any canadian carseat info and disney didnt know.

Hi there! New to the forum, sailing with DH and DD (6). First time cruisers too :-)
Just a quick question: Having completed online check in today, I wondered if there is any way of finding out what your dining rotation is before boarding? I want to book Palo for 1 evening, but dont want to book when we are assigned to Animators palate. Any help, recommendations would be most appreciated :-)

Hi All!

We just booked this cruise!
DW Melissa 58 and I Jon 58 are looking forward to our 4th Disney Cruise. We are flying into Seattle and taking taking the Quick Shuttle bus up to Canada Place Pier. We are staying at the Marriott Pinnacle the night before the cruise. Only a three or four block walk to the port. Can't wait to sail with you all!

JonK

Hi All!

DW Melissa 58 and I Jon 58 are looking forward to our 4th Disney Cruise. We are flying into Seattle and taking taking the Quick Shuttle bus up to Canada Place Pier. We are staying at the Marriott Pinnacle the night before the cruise. Only a three or four block walk to the port. Can't wait to sail with you all!

JonK

Welcome...hopefully you have read through the forum a bit and found out about the facebook group :)

For everyone that is not on FB, I am organizing a group Mixology class if anyone is interested. If you are, please reply to this and give the adult names and stateroom number.

Also, we are trying to organize a group Brunch at Palo on a sea day. If anyone 18y and older would like to join in, please respond with names and stateroom number.

Thanks everyone!:)

DH, DS(10) and I are happy to be going on our 2nd Disney Cruise.

Actually DS doesn't know about it yet. We are telling him on his birthday on the 23rd. I'm bursting with the secret.

Robin

DH, DS(10) and I are happy to be going on our 2nd Disney Cruise. Actually DS doesn't know about it yet. We are telling him on his birthday on the 23rd. I'm bursting with the secret. Robin
What an awesome secret it is....do you have a plan for the big reveal?
We have a FB group if you are interested in joining. Can't post a link here since I am on my phone, but you can search for Disney Wonder September 8, 2014.... And welcome to the group!

Hi All!

JonK

Aloha! We are also taking the Quick Shuttle to Canada and staying close to the pier the nite before! Looking forward to meeting you, Karen and Ron:thumbsup2

Anyone new with facebook, make sure you email me and I will send you an invite to our group. Much easier to chat on there about stuff. I have a FE organized too and so far we are on group 3. Each group is no more than 15 cabins so that the gifts don't get out of hand when it comes to luggage LOL. I am also organizing a shuttle to go from the ship pier in San Diego to Disneyland. So far the price is around $25/person, but the more people we have on the bus, the cheaper it gets.

Stefani
stefanihd at gmail dot com

Hi there! New to the forum, sailing with DH and DD (6). First time cruisers too :-)
Just a quick question: Having completed online check in today, I wondered if there is any way of finding out what your dining rotation is before boarding? I want to book Palo for 1 evening, but dont want to book when we are assigned to Animators palate. Any help, recommendations would be most appreciated :-)

Hi!So far we know that the second night is Golden Mickeys and the third night is Fireworks night! You could call Disney and ask about your rotation, Aloha, Karen;)

MicahsMommy said:
Hi! Taking our first disney cruise with you all! Its my husband, my son ( will be 2) and I. I am curious if anyone knows of we need to bring a carseat along for the cab ride from the airport to the hotel. We are flying in late sunday, and got a hotel in wlaking distance to the port. I cant find any canadian carseat info and disney didnt know.

Welcome! Disney cruises are so much fun, I'm sure you will have a great time. This is our first cruise with our baby, whose first birthday we're celebrating on the cruise. I was also thinking about the car seat issue and haven't found any answers. I was however toying with the idea of taking their Skytrain. I don't think a car seat would be needed for that. If I find out anything about car seats, I'll let you know.

kirkaliciasmom said:
For everyone that is not on FB, I am organizing a group Mixology class if anyone is interested. If you are, please reply to this and give the adult names and stateroom number. Also, we are trying to organize a group Brunch at Palo on a sea day. If anyone 18y and older would like to join in, please respond with names and stateroom number. Thanks everyone!:)

Thanks so much for sharing on here! I'll definitely be sending you a message. BTW, what's the cost of the mixology class?

Welcome! Disney cruises are so much fun, I'm sure you will have a great time. This is our first cruise with our baby, whose first birthday we're celebrating on the cruise. I was also thinking about the car seat issue and haven't found any answers. I was however toying with the idea of taking their Skytrain. I don't think a car seat would be needed for that. If I find out anything about car seats, I'll let you know.

Hi, Cupcaker. I'm not sure if you found the Facebook group yet, but if you are interested, here is a link to the page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/disneywonder2014/

There was a carseat discussion there back in June. I don't have firsthand knowledge, but they linked to this info:
http://bc.cb.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=87&languageId=1&contentId=5270
and also provided info that public transportation, including taxis are exempt from the child seat requirements.

Hope this helped!

Thanks so much for sharing on here! I'll definitely be sending you a message. BTW, what's the cost of the mixology class?
Mixology is $15 per person. I received a call and email from the groups dept at DCL yesterday. The class will be be requested on a sea day, so Sept 10 or 11 at 2pm. The price of $15pp will be charged to each stateroom who registers, whether you attend the class or not. It is a little money for a lot of fun. I hope you consider joining us! :)

For those of you going to disneyland after the cruise, Disneyland will be decked in its Halloween glory starting September 12. FYI it might be a little crowded on the 12 as that day is also Dapper Day.

Counting down the days till the cruise!

I am organizing a shuttle to Disneyland for about 9:30 on September 12 from the ship. Price is $46/person and that includes a big bus (with washroom) and it is only for our group. Let me know ASAP if you want to join the group. Payment has to be sent in soon. Price is the same as a regular shuttle (shared service) and about the same for Amtrak.

Stefani

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter