September 8, 2014 - Disney Wonder

We just got back from a 7 day MR cruise with another cruise line. The kids loved it but I can't wait to get back to Disney! Hopefully DH and I will be joining you for this cruise. I will ask to join the FB page but probably won't join the FE this time. We have participated before with and without the kids and really enjoyed it. With September and back to school we'll be happy to just get on the Wonder.

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know what the best way is to get from YVR to the cruise terminal? Is there a DCL bus like in Florida? We will have a toddler in tow so I'm also thinking bout having to bring her carseat.

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know what the best way is to get from YVR to the cruise terminal? Is there a DCL bus like in Florida? We will have a toddler in tow so I'm also thinking bout having to bring her carseat.

No bus, but I would suggest a taxi...you can take transit but with a toddler, might be a little iffy.

Stefani

How far is the airport from the port? Would it be better to just a rent a car, you think? Btw, any toddler friendly places in vancouver that we can visit??

How far is the airport from the port? Would it be better to just a rent a car, you think? Btw, any toddler friendly places in vancouver that we can visit??

No, I wouldn't rent a car, too complicated. You can take the local transit (Canada Line) if you want to try that out. Taxi isn't that expensive, so really, I would do that, especially with a toddler. Only reason to rent a car is if you want to explore on your own outside of Vancouver. Toddler friendly...do the Aquarium in Stanley Park if you are staying a few days pre cruise.

If anyone new wants to join the facebook group, email me at stefanihd at gmail dot com and I will send you an invite. It is a closed group and that is where I am organizing the FE

Stefani

DH and I want to book the September 8th Disney Cruise that sails from Vancouver to San Diego. Should we book ASAP? Will the price go down as it gets closer or like most things is it going to go up? We just decided yesterday to do this and I don't want to miss out. Thanks for any recommendations.

DH and I want to book the September 8th Disney Cruise that sails from Vancouver to San Diego. Should we book ASAP? Will the price go down as it gets closer or like most things is it going to go up? We just decided yesterday to do this and I don't want to miss out. Thanks for any recommendations.

Considering the price has just about doubled since we originally booked, I highly doubt the price will go down at this point.

Stefani

Looks like we will be keeping this cruise! :cool1: We originally booked it as a "dummy" date while we were on the Fantasy over spring break in 2013. Now, with the price of this cruise doubling since we booked and the Europe 2015 itineraries for 2015 we were waiting for being so expensive, we can't bear to let this one go!

So it looks like I need to get us signed up for a FE group if there is room. Also looks like there is a FB page. This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise (2nd time sailing the Wonder) and we are very excited!

Hi all, it's official! My family and I will be joining this cruise. It will be DS, DH, and DMIL. We will be celebrating my baby's first birthday as well as DHs. This is our second time doing a repo cruise from Vancouver. We plan to arrive early in Vancouver to explore the city a bit. Any hotel recommendations welcomed :)

Hi all, it's official! My family and I will be joining this cruise. It will be DS, DH, and DMIL. We will be celebrating my baby's first birthday as well as DHs. This is our second time doing a repo cruise from Vancouver. We plan to arrive early in Vancouver to explore the city a bit. Any hotel recommendations welcomed :)
Welcome aboard! Have you joined our FB group yet? I'm not real familiar with Vancouver, I've inly been there once before, but there are a lot of Canadians on this cruise that could give some great recommendations! ;)

kirkaliciasmom said:
Welcome aboard! Have you joined our FB group yet? I'm not real familiar with Vancouver, I've inly been there once before, but there are a lot of Canadians on this cruise that could give some great recommendations! ;)

Thanks! Actually, I don't have FB :( I hope I'm not missing out on a lot of what's going on with the group. We would like to join the FE group.

Thanks! Actually, I don't have FB :( I hope I'm not missing out on a lot of what's going on with the group. We would like to join the FE group.
Our FB page is a lot more active than the DISboards. Stefani, the woman in charge of the FE is cruising to Alaska, but I'm sure when she gets back she can get you all set up for the FE. Post your info here..... Names, ages of kids (if any), cabin #, any allergies, fav character..... Am I forgetting anything????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter