September 28, 2016, DVC Member Cruise on the Magic!

The game shows as 7:05 pm start. It would be fun, but I'm a Red Sox fan so would not be welcome I'm sure :)

I plan to be at the Aladdin show on Broadway that night.

Not remembering how we got our signature photo for the Alaska Cruise. Johnny Quest? was it Jordak who made it for us? Hope everyone is looking forward to this cruise as much as we are. Thinking of taking a last minute trip to WDW or maybe to another part of Florida but man, everything we like is booked! Deb

Hi Deb,
Yes it was from Jordak, but I don't think he's on the Dis any more. Hope you guys are doing well. We are also looking forward to this cruise.

OK, will try working on something if no one else does. I certainly don't have his talent, but I do have a printer scanner, and an iPhone!
Hi Deb,
Yes it was from Jordak, but I don't think he's on the Dis any more. Hope you guys are doing well. We are also looking forward to this cruise.

Hey Deb,

I've got something hopefully in the works. Will keep you posted.

Sorry I've been absent everyone. The planning for this cruise has taken a back seat to work. but I do check in from time to time.
We'd love to take in a game at Yankee Stadium but that might be a pennant race game and very hard to get tickets. We'd have to buy them now if possible and book a precruise stay.

and I still want to catch the Lion King on Broadway post cruise. Just waiting for the dates to be released.

bobbi - those Southern Caribbean excursions you took look really good. I'd love to do that cruise. Anxiously awaiting more of 2017 to be released so I can switch out a cruise I currently have on hold.

I would like to see Carole King show or Aladdin.
About a month ago there was an item on the DVC site with all of the 25th anniversary stuff about Disney looking to set up a Sunday afternoon 10/2 post-cruise showing of Aladdin only for those on the member cruise. I am looking for it today but can't find it on the site. They did not have any details at the time = it said 'details to come later'.

wow! I think Patricia has flights home to Tulsa on Sunday, and going out of Philly, so that's not something we could even do. She is still working, we are retired, and so, her schedule is not as flexible as ours.

I hope it does come to pass for those who can take advantage of it!

I grew up near NYC, Bayonne NJ, and going into the city was so easy, I actually got a bus to Port Authority right from the bus stop at the corner! It has been a long time since I've been to NYC. Once we finally settle in Cape May as our retirement home, I'll have to look to spend more time appreciating the city.

Hi everybody. I've been enjoying your chitchat for a while but have decided to jump in today. I am also from NJ, across the river from Philly. So excited about taking another cruise out of NYC. And so excited that it is a DVCMC! I will be traveling with my DGD (that's Dear Goddaughter) and good friend Gayle. We are both platinum cruisers and it was Gayle and her family who taught me how to cruise. All Disney of course. I love sailing under the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge. And I love driving to the port of NYC.

Welcome to our cruisemeet Tinked!

Has anyone found any confirmation on the rumored Aladdin Broadway show DVC event? Very tempted to give up my Lion King plans for something like this.

Hi Poison Ivy -

The item on the DVC Member Aladdin show was previously posted on the 25th Anniversary New York City Member Experiences page, not the Member Cruise page - that's why I remember seeing it, because it was in a different place. I just called member services, after 20 minutes of trying to get the rep to understand I was not asking to join the sold-out member cruise or the pre/post Adventures by Disney :) I was not able to get any info about it at all. I'm not sure if an email in asking about it would get you any further. I'd hope that info will be out by the time Disney on Broadway releases their Sept and October tickets, so folks can plan accordingly. I'm expecting the Sept dates to be released soon & possibly this week, as when I'd asked Disney on Broadway about that a couple of months ago, they responded that tickets were normally released 7-8 months in advance of show dates. We're well into that timeframe now for the September dates.

Tickets for The Lion King were released this morning for remainder of August through mid-November. Aladdin is still showing tickets through mid-August only.

Aladdin now has tickets available though mid-November as well.

I see they have a 1:00 show scheduled for Sunday Oct 2, so maybe the DVC-Member-cruise-only post-cruise show won't happen after all? There do not seem to be any more seats than usual blocked off, from what I can see on the seat maps on Ticketmaster.

Mathmagicland - thanks for all your help with this.

I've really got to decide soon on which show we'll attend. We've seen a hybrid of Aladdin in the Hyperion theatre at DCA but have yet to see The Lion King on Broadway. At the risk of a longer running production coming to an end in NYC, if there isn't a special member event type reason to commemorate the DVC 25th anniversary we'll skip DVC Aladdin right now.

We don't get to Manhattan that often anymore so I want to take advantage of catching a seasoned production that I've been looking forward to for a long time.

Sadly, Patricia was most interested in Hamilton, and those tickets are only for sale resale @ over $400 per!

Mathmagicland - thanks for all your help with this.

I've really got to decide soon on which show we'll attend. We've seen a hybrid of Aladdin in the Hyperion theatre at DCA but have yet to see The Lion King on Broadway. At the risk of a longer running production coming to an end in NYC, if there isn't a special member event type reason to commemorate the DVC 25th anniversary we'll skip DVC Aladdin right now.

We don't get to Manhattan that often anymore so I want to take advantage of catching a seasoned production that I've been looking forward to for a long time.
I'm with you, Poisin Ivy - Lion King is my top choice to see in NYC even though I have seen it twice here in California. We are seeing it before the cruise, I bought my tickets yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter