• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September 28, 2016, DVC Member Cruise on the Magic!

:boat:Hi Patricia, I am glad to see you here!

When Tom and I toured Nova Scotia it was around the 4th of July, and it was about 15 years ago. We followed the Evangeline Trail around Nova Scotia. Seeing it in the end of September will be different, probably much colder for one thing, and lots has happened in all of these years. I'm happy to join a group that does a half day tour!

I'm putting this out again. I leave tomorrow for WDW and the Merrytime Cruise we have booked! The Candy Exchange on that cruise is a small one, but yesterday, we went out and bought treats from "Our" (Dayton's) very own chocolate company, Esther Price! I'm not from this area, but know a lot of people who just refer to it as "Esther" because they knew and loved the founder of the chocolates! I agree, it's good stuff!

Candy Exchange interest
In May, I'll ask for cabin numbers, number of participants in each cabin and if there are any allergies. Looking forward to trying and sharing local treats! We usually include something about the history of what we are sharing.

Bobbiwoz
Pattipook
Alaneeray
poison ivy
DizDays
Missy1897

Bobbi:boat:

CBS Sunday Morning show, just had a piece about the terrible explosion that happened in Halifax harbor, and how a connection between Massachusetts and Halifax continues to today. I wish I had known about it prior to the showing, Maybe CBSs website has a synopsis of the piece. The story is highlighted in Halifax's Maritime museum. I remember feeling so sad when we were there.

me too. I just caught it on CBS but the show was at the very end. Will check to see if it is available online. I was bummed I missed it.

If you check the on line titles of the CBS Sunday Morning, it is there! Nearly 100 years ago.

We go on the Magic today. I won't be back on the Internet until Friday! I checked my CC page and this cruise is listed there as Canadian Coast! Yippee!

We are at Vero this morning, it's windy and the sea looks a bit rough. We may be rocking and rolling tonight!

Hope you had a great trip Bobbi. Always wanted to visit Vero Beach and have yet to get there. came close this year but had to rearrange things. too bad.

Why am I not on a cruise??? Looks like this members cruise will be our next sail.

We are getting ready to head to San Diego next week for Christmas with a quick stop at the Grand Californian over New Years weekend so I'm sorry we've been a bit absent from trip planning.

I do have a couple good leads on private touring. Will share very soon.

The cruise was very relaxing. Tangled is a wonderful show, I'll be happy to see it on the Member Cruise. They have a Playbill like magazine that lists the names and credits of the performers.

Enjoy your holiday trip. We loved staying in the Grand Californian, would be happy to go there again. We leave for NJ tomorrow, my mom turns 96 on Tuesday!

Bobbi

Last Tuesday, we had a mini reunion of 3 of the couples from the 2015 DVC Alaska cruise. We started a table mates, and became friends. Left to right is Beverly from the UK, Debbie L from Philadelphia, and me (Deb O) from NY. There is another picture floating around with the husbands. I will save it to my phone, and post it, too. Look for us on the 2016 cruise!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 6
Deb O that's wonderful! Patricia and I were table mates on the Bahama cruise, and we'll be cabin mates on this one. We've become good friends.

Bobbi:boat:

Glad you had a great cruise Bobbi.

Great picture Debbie. I don't think we met Beverly but a big hello to DebL!! You guys look like you're having a lot of fun. What are your plans precruise?

quick question to everyone: Where can I figure out how many ships are in port with us in Halifax? It'll be Friday, September 30, 2016.

Great picture Debbie. I don't think we met Beverly but a big hello to DebL!! You guys look like you're having a lot of fun. What are your plans precruise?

quick question to everyone: Where can I figure out how many ships are in port with us in Halifax? It'll be Friday, September 30, 2016.

According to cruisetimetables.com, there will be three ships in port, us, the Celebrity Summit and the Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas.

No definite plans for us the day before, but the two other couples are coming in ahead of time. I'm sure we'll cook up something!party:

Hello everyone, we are also going on this cruise, this will be our first MC and my DW and I are really excited.

We will love to participate on the Candy Exchange and the Adult FE.

Hello everyone, we are also going on this cruise, this will be our first MC and my DW and I are really excited.

We will love to participate on the Candy Exchange and the Adult FE.

Welcome!:welcome:

Candy Exchange interest
In May, I'll ask for cabin numbers, number of participants in each cabin and if there are any allergies. Looking forward to trying and sharing local treats! We usually include something about the history of what we are sharing.

Bobbiwoz
Pattipook
Alaneeray
poison ivy
DizDays
Missy1897
Jmedina

My gosh, we were on page 3!

Happy New Year! We're staying at Bay Lake, so we will watch the fireworks from here tonight. Is anyone else here?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter