September 2015 discount watch

Watching for a room only discount. We're hoping to get WL courtyard view for September 18-28. We're going to book something in order to make dining reservations but we're not sure where. We can't really do WL without the discount so it'll likely be POFQ. Just in case there aren't any discounts (not going to happen, hopefully) we can afford this resort and we love it, too.

Question...I'm already booked with a bounceback Sept 5-12 at CBR. But I'm looking to possibly do a split say at POR so I'm watching for room discounts. How many nights do you usually have to book for the % off?

Help! Should I do $224/night at the Polynesian or $190/night at the Wilderness Lodge?

I don't think I've ever stayed at either. My kids would probably enjoy the lodge more (and this might be our last chance to stay in a standard room with three kids), but the Polynesian is a better deal... pros/cons? What would you do?

Help! Should I do $224/night at the Polynesian or $190/night at the Wilderness Lodge?

I don't think I've ever stayed at either. My kids would probably enjoy the lodge more (and this might be our last chance to stay in a standard room with three kids), but the Polynesian is a better deal... pros/cons? What would you do?

The rooms at the Poly are quite a bit larger than the Wilderness Lodge. That and the monorail would sway me to the Poly.

The rooms at the Poly are quite a bit larger than the Wilderness Lodge. That and the monorail would sway me to the Poly.

Thank you! I went with the WL, but we will definitely hop over to the Poly for a dole whip and monorail ride. :)

We are hoping for free dining promo as well! Staying at POR September 26-October 3.

Our fall break was officially moved back to September from October!!! We are waiting to see if Free dining is offered this year. Does anyone know if POFQ was included in last year's September offering?

We are taking our Youth Group 9/11-9/13 for our first time as a Youth Group! We plan to stay at an All Star resort. Any one know if they were included in the room-only discount in the past?

It looks like historically the week of Labor Day has been very light in terms of attendance. I booked 9/2 to 9/9. Is it going to be a lot busier this year because Labor Day is the 7th?

We are currently working with our Travel Agent to book Oct 3-10, but if free dining comes out and those are blacked out (they were last year), we will move up a week and do the Sept 26-Oct 3. Either way, we are happy. We want to hit Food and Wine, free dining, and low crowds. We are even considering the week before that, but are so excited!!!

Ok - so if I'm looking to go the 3rd week of September -- do I go ahead and book now? So how does it work if they offer any discounts later on? Sorry if this has already been answered! I'm finding that it takes a lot of work to plan a Disney trip!

klcrawford - You can go ahead and book now. If a discount becomes available - whether it be free dining or a room only discount - you can call and apply it to your reservation. It will not be added automatically. :goodvibes

yes, you can book ahead, but from what I have seen in the past if we book our trips now it may reduce options for when the free dining promotion comes out. I am trying very very hard to wait for the promos but it's almost killing me. I have flights already booked for 9-19 to 9-26.

Thank you! I went with the WL, but we will definitely hop over to the Poly for a dole whip and monorail ride. :)

I was going to say WL if you think your kids will prefer it...especially since it might be your last chance to stay there. Assuming you have one under 3? And did you book with the magical exclusive deal? Let's hope that deal continues for the next few years as well and then you can stay at the Poly! I am dying to stay at WL with our kids...but with #4 expected in June we may not be able to swing it unless we can convince other family to go and get a room so one of ours can stay with them.

It looks like historically the week of Labor Day has been very light in terms of attendance. I booked 9/2 to 9/9. Is it going to be a lot busier this year because Labor Day is the 7th?

Touring Plans has your week as very light, even lighter than the week starting with Labor Day...so I am curious how that will turn out since some schools haven't started yet. That's the time of year we hope to make our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter