September 2015 Countdown!

Another day down, another day closer.

2 full work days and 2 half work days left for me. (We get out early this Friday and next Wed is our department outing, starting at noon. Full days tomorrow and next Tuesday). Im off next Thursday to finish packing/errands and we leave the house at 4:45am Friday :) Arrive at MCO at 11am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN NOT WAIT ONE MORE SECOND!!

So glad those of you there now are having an awesome time! Also very excited to hear about the low crowds! Surface of the sun heat not so much, lol. ;)

Makes me very happy to spend 9/12 at BB (in the snow)!

We leave in 4 days. Well almost 3 now. Packed plenty of ponchos. Either way we will still make the best of it

Oh I haven't bought ours yet!!!! And I need to pack birth certs for my Littles.

My phone app now says 1 week, 6 days, 4 hours and 4 minutes until we are sitting on the plane ready to take off.

That sounds so much better than 2 weeks lol! :teacher:

Also 9 working days left :surfweb:

I am soooo excited I have 5 more days of work before we leave, I am off tomorrow and Monday and then we leave Friday!!! It's been over 4 years since we have been there and I just can't wait to be on the plane!!!!!

I am soooo excited I have 5 more days of work before we leave, I am off tomorrow and Monday and then we leave Friday!!! It's been over 4 years since we have been there and I just can't wait to be on the plane!!!!!

Woohoo! Today is my last full day of work - I'll be doing a half day tomorrow to give myself time to get last minute stuff done before we leave Saturday morning! We haven't been in 5 years and are looking forward to seeing all of the new additions since our last trip! Hope next week goes by quickly for you (but slowly for us since we'll be there - ha)!

So exciting to hear the trip reports coming in and, of course, love hearing about low crowds.

Also very happy for those starting their trips today and the next couple of days. It has been such a joy counting down with all of you.

Today...I am officially in single digits. 9 DAYS TO GO!!!!!

Last edited:
We're here at the Wilderness Lodge and it's breathtaking! DH loves it! He especially loves the little details. I have pictures from yesterday posted on my Disney tumblr. A link is in my signature. I'll be posting more there throughout the day. We're eating at Roaring Fork right now.

TODAY!!! Today is our day! 5 more hours of work then we're on our way to the airport! I basically jumped out of bed today!:stitch::dumbo:

I'm not sure I could make it through work knowing that I was leaving that afternoon I can barely focus and i still have 6 days to go. :rotfl2:

I'm not sure I could make it through work knowing that I was leaving that afternoon I can barely focus and i still have 6 days to go. :rotfl2:

I'd feel the same if it weren't for the fact that I can't go on vacation unless I get this work done, so that's been my only focus for the last week! I cannot wait to get the airport tonight and have a drink or 2 so I can finally relax and look forward to our trip!

We're down to 10 days and with packing for the cottage this weekend and packing for Disney I didn't realize we own so many clothes

I went to Epcot around 3:30 and it was dead! Soarin was maybe a ten minute wait and Spaceship Earth was a walk on. We didn't do too much since we were trying to take it easy on our first day. We also went mini golfing at Fantasia Gardens and got our picture taken at Sea Breeze Point where we got married last October! It was so magical. Tomorrow is another relax day with some time at DHS and MK in the late afternoon. We head to WL tomorrow and I'm so glad I packed my carry on with a set of clothes in case our luggage got misplaced. Now we don't have to unpack anything because we have an outfit already set for tomorrow. I feel so smart. :rotfl:
Good to hear! I love dead parks. I think I'll just leave my plans the way they are, and really just plan as we go. DH will be so surprised.

Wardrobe help needed. I'm working on coordinating our outfits for the week. My conundrum is DD. I bought her a Minnie 'costume' onesie a few weeks ago, and I'm not sure what day I should have her wear it. We have FP for the Character Spot at Epcot, so I'm thinking that's the better option, because then she can wear it in a picture with Minnie? I think it would be fun to have her wear it at the Magic Kingdom though, and I could easily fit in a visit to the Minnie M&G there, but probably not Mickey. If we go with Epcot day, we may end up at the MK in the evening anyway, so I could probably get a sweet picture of her near the Founders statue.

DS has an WallE shirt that I thought would be appropriate for either AK or Epcot.
Then he will be wearing his R2D2 shirt on DHS day.
No costumes for him this year.

I also decided at the last minute that I will make tie dye Mickey head shirts again. So if I get that done, it will cover an entire day, but I don't know which one. Last time we did wore them to the Magic Kingdom.

So with one day at each park, what would you assign for each day?
I'll coordinate everyone else around the general color scheme or theme for that day, then give DH a color so he can pack for himself.

Thoughts? Funny anecdotes?

10 days! I came down with a raging cold this morning. I've got it all, chills, headache, sore throat, stuffy nose. I actually had DD go over to a friend's house so she won't hopefully catch this. It's awful. I've got quite a bit to do and all I've done is folded one set of clothes. I need to reorganize our suitcases but I just feel so bad. :sad2::crazy2:

10 days! I came down with a raging cold this morning. I've got it all, chills, headache, sore throat, stuffy nose. I actually had DD go over to a friend's house so she won't hopefully catch this. It's awful. I've got quite a bit to do and all I've done is folded one set of clothes. I need to reorganize our suitcases but I just feel so bad. :sad2::crazy2:

Oh no!! At least you have 10 days to go. I hope you feel better soon!!

Oh no! Feel better soon. My co-worker is sick and I just want her to stay away from me lol. I don't want to catch anything!

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest