September 2015 Countdown!

Only 26 more days! Time is starting to fly and that is awesome! Today is also DH's birthday. :goodvibes I'm working on a list of souvenirs and I'll need to work on a packing check list. I want to start packing now, but DH doesn't want to start packing until the week before. I also made a list of what pressed pennies I want and where they're located. :rotfl: I'm really just trying to keep myself occupied when I'm not at work.

Hello Lillian:

I'm on my way back in October after a long absence from WDW. I too will be on a pressed penny mission. Will be starting a serious collection. Quick question though. It's easy for me bring in a hundred pennies (I know I want to fill up at least collection book on my first visit back. A book holds 46???) so that's not a problem. Nor are having some one dollar bills ready. But what about quarters? Do they have a change machine at those Pressed Coin machines or will the CMs at the cashiers give you change from the register??? Lugging quarters around can really weigh you down.

Also, do you care to share your list with me - via a private message or publicly if you wish. I'm a-okay if you don't. I know where the locations are but I don't know whats available. That being said it does seem kind of fun to find out as I go along!

Hello Lillian:

I'm on my way back in October after a long absence from WDW. I too will be on a pressed penny mission. Will be starting a serious collection. Quick question though. It's easy for me bring in a hundred pennies (I know I want to fill up at least collection book on my first visit back. A book holds 46???) so that's not a problem. Nor are having some one dollar bills ready. But what about quarters? Do they have a change machine at those Pressed Coin machines or will the CMs at the cashiers give you change from the register??? Lugging quarters around can really weigh you down.

Also, do you care to share your list with me - via a private message or publicly if you wish. I'm a-okay if you don't. I know where the locations are but I don't know whats available. That being said it does seem kind of fun to find out as I go along!

Last time we went we got those mini m&m containers. And put quarter, quarter penny quarter quarter penny till it was filled. We've started to make them for this trip too. One for each kid. That way you're set and don't have to search for the two wuagers and a penny.

Cool. Thanks. That's exactly how I'm going to do it!
Cashiers are happy to make change for you, but you'll have to wait in line for that. I can't recall if there were any change machines next to free standing ones (like in the resorts), so better to come prepared. The mini M&Ms containers work great, as pp mentioned, and you're ready to go each time. Unless your DH drops the canister in the middle of the GF lobby.....

Hello Lillian:

You are more than welcome to look at my scribble mess in my notebook if you would like, but I go to Press Coins to look up what is current and where they are. You can search by park or character and it lets you know what is a pressed penny or a pressed quarter as well as its exact location. I organized my list by character/film since I'm only collecting certain ones and not everything. For example, I made a list of Alice in Wonderland pressed coins. I wrote all of them down, even if I had them, so I knew which ones I did and didn't have and wasn't second guessing myself. Especially since I can't just waltz back home and check my pressed coins. Here's how I wrote it in my notebook:

Alice in Wonderland
Alice - DHS/In Character
Alice - GF/1900 Park Fare - Have
Caterpillar - ASMu/Note'Able Games
etc.

Daisy Duck
Epcot/Japan - Have
MK/Frontierland Trading Post - Have
etc.

Last time I put my quarters and pennies in a little coin purse, but I'm definitely planning on using those m&m tubes or old film containers this time. How many coins I plan on bringing, I have no idea. :rotfl: I have a big list that I have to prioritize since there will be some I know I won't be getting such as the ones that are at certain resorts I don't plan on visiting or the water parks. I'm sure I'll figure it out soon. :laughing: As for getting quarters, I always went to a cashier at a nearby shop if the machine wasn't already in a shop and asked them to break a dollar if I ran out of quarters. I also see if they have any shiny pennies I can exchange my ugly ones for. I don't recall seeing any change machines. I hope this helps! :goodvibes

Ack!
6a01538e92ee33970b015392ccef6b970b-800wi

My sister is reconsidering a few ADRs and now I'm scrambling trying to find alternative. She's contemplating not doing BOG for dinner. Whether we do or don't eat there, I don't mind but I need some final answers soon!

You are more than welcome to look at my scribble mess in my notebook if you would like, but I go to Press Coins to look up what is current and where they are. You can search by park or character and it lets you know what is a pressed penny or a pressed quarter as well as its exact location. I organized my list by character/film since I'm only collecting certain ones and not everything. For example, I made a list of Alice in Wonderland pressed coins. I wrote all of them down, even if I had them, so I knew which ones I did and didn't have and wasn't second guessing myself. Especially since I can't just waltz back home and check my pressed coins. Here's how I wrote it in my notebook:

Alice in Wonderland
Alice - DHS/In Character
etc.

Daisy Duck
Epcot/Japan - Have
etc.

Last time I put my quarters and pennies in a little coin purse, but I'm definitely planning on using those m&m tubes or old film containers this time. How many coins I plan on bringing, I have no idea. :rotfl: I have a big list that I have to prioritize since there will be some I know I won't be getting such as the ones that are at certain resorts I don't plan on visiting or the water parks. I'm sure I'll figure it out soon. :laughing: As for getting quarters, I always went to a cashier at a nearby shop if the machine wasn't already in a shop and asked them to break a dollar if I ran out of quarters. I also see if they have any shiny pennies I can exchange my ugly ones for. I don't recall seeing any change machines. I hope this helps! :goodvibes

Hello Lillian:

Thanks so much. After reading your post I went on a mission to Pressed Coins and to another site and I got the List! But so far I only got to the Magic Kingdom. So I have to jot down the others. There are about THREE DIME PRESSES that I definitely want to get. I definitely also want to do all of the ALICE's! Thanks for posting! Whats most important to me are the SEVEN DWARFS. So I will be finishing checking the list later today to see if any Dwarf presses exist!

Yes, I too just purchased two coin purses from the dollar store on Friday. But since reading these threads I will be going out to by the M&M Mini containers and the Mentos containers for the Pressed pennies.

MENTOS
https://www.google.com/search?q=men...ved=0CAcQ_AUoAmoVChMI8NC6072cxwIVBm8-Ch0aCAU1

One person actually told me how she puts QUARTER -QUARTER-PENNY, QUARTER-QUARTER-PENNY in her container so she is actually literally ready to go! I think I am going to try that too! Because to be honest... yes, I want to coin press while I'm there. But I also want to move on as quickly as possible to enjoy my trek about the parks!

Rather than spend too much money on souvenirs I want to make this my souvenir hobbie. I have over-estimated that if I get all of the Pressed coins that I am looking for (for all four parks, and downtown Disney and Resorts that I will be spending about 50 dollars total!). You can't beat that. For my favorite coins I may get about three of them. But I dont want to spend on getting a lot of souvenirs that are 25 dollars here, 30 dollars there, another 10 dollars here, and 22.99 there.

As of right now I am gathering up my best looking pennies and from there trying to gather up my 1982's and befores - and will go on my little cleaning mission. Someone posted to clean them in White Vinegar or Ketchup!(*_*).

Another question is are you flying in? If so are you going to store your coins in your luggage or carrying them on. I think I am going to carry them on. Coins are heavy so I'd rather put them in the luggage, but someone said they put their coins in their luggage and when they got their luggage the coins were gone. They know you're going to Orlando. I'm presuming there really shouldnt be any problem with my "tubes of coins" in my carry bag for as carrying the coins in the park. I am also going to master art of packing light for the parks. I have a park authentic 2015 cinch draw string back pack. Today I will be making my definitive list of what is going in that park back pack and what is not! (*_*)

Great tip about the cashiers! I will will try it!

Thanks for sharing!

Cashiers are happy to make change for you, but you'll have to wait in line for that. I can't recall if there were any change machines next to free standing ones (like in the resorts), so better to come prepared. The mini M&Ms containers work great, as pp mentioned, and you're ready to go each time. Unless your DH drops the canister in the middle of the GF lobby.....

lol. Thanks I'm jotting down all of this!!:thanks:

Alice in Wonderland
Alice - DHS/In Character
etc.

Daisy Duck
Epcot/Japan - Have
etc.

I just went through my change jar this weekend. I have enough for 27 new pressed pennies! The only problem is that we are in the middle of having a house built and our stuff has been packed up in storage for months. We thought we'd be in our new home before September, but now it's not until November some time.

So the problem is, my pressed penny book is backed somewhere and I have no idea what pennies I already have!!!

I figure if I have any duplicates though I will just pass them on to my 4 year old niece who is newly obsessed with WDW.

I just went through my change jar this weekend. I have enough for 27 new pressed pennies! The only problem is that we are in the middle of having a house built and our stuff has been packed up in storage for months. We thought we'd be in our new home before September, but now it's not until November some time.

So the problem is, my pressed penny book is backed somewhere and I have no idea what pennies I already have!!!

I figure if I have any duplicates though I will just pass them on to my 4 year old niece who is newly obsessed with WDW.

Aw. Too Bad. At least you will use the complication to help someone else!

Hello Lillian:

Thanks so much. After reading your post I went on a mission to Pressed Coins and to another site and I got the List! But so far I only got to the Magic Kingdom. So I have to jot down the others. There are about THREE DIME PRESSES that I definitely want to get. I definitely also want to do all of the ALICE's! Thanks for posting! Whats most important to me are the SEVEN DWARFS. So I will be finishing checking the list later today to see if any Dwarf presses exist!

Yes, I too just purchased two coin purses from the dollar store on Friday. But since reading these threads I will be going out to by the M&M Mini containers and the Mentos containers for the Pressed pennies.

MENTOS
https://www.google.com/search?q=men...ved=0CAcQ_AUoAmoVChMI8NC6072cxwIVBm8-Ch0aCAU1

One person actually told me how she puts QUARTER -QUARTER-PENNY, QUARTER-QUARTER-PENNY in her container so she is actually literally ready to go! I think I am going to try that too! Because to be honest... yes, I want to coin press while I'm there. But I also want to move on as quickly as possible to enjoy my trek about the parks!

Rather than spend too much money on souvenirs I want to make this my souvenir hobbie. I have over-estimated that if I get all of the Pressed coins that I am looking for (for all four parks, and downtown Disney and Resorts that I will be spending about 50 dollars total!). You can't beat that. For my favorite coins I may get about three of them. But I dont want to spend on getting a lot of souvenirs that are 25 dollars here, 30 dollars there, another 10 dollars here, and 22.99 there.

As of right now I am gathering up my best looking pennies and from there trying to gather up my 1982's and befores - and will go on my little cleaning mission. Someone posted to clean them in White Vinegar or Ketchup!(*_*).

Another question is are you flying in? If so are you going to store your coins in your luggage or carrying them on. I think I am going to carry them on. Coins are heavy so I'd rather put them in the luggage, but someone said they put their coins in their luggage and when they got their luggage the coins were gone. They know you're going to Orlando. I'm presuming there really shouldnt be any problem with my "tubes of coins" in my carry bag for as carrying the coins in the park. I am also going to master art of packing light for the parks. I have a park authentic 2015 cinch draw string back pack. Today I will be making my definitive list of what is going in that park back pack and what is not! (*_*)

Great tip about the cashiers! I will will try it!

Thanks for sharing!

You are very welcome! I am glad my post was helpful! I would definitely make a list of which characters/films are most important to you just in case you don't have enough time to get to every single one. I like the idea of putting the coins in as Quarter Quarter Penny! That's some great advice you got! I definitely don't want to stand around going through my purse or container trying to get two quarters and a penny so that is a wonderful time-saving idea.

DH would be ECSTATIC if the pennies were my only souvenir. You should have seen us trying to play tetris on our Disneymoon last year. :laughing: This year won't be too bad though. I mainly collect mugs, Alice, and Haunted Mansion merch. I promised myself I would finally by that Haunted Mansion Tightrope Girl portrait from that art store in DTD. I was supposed to do that last year, but didn't. :sad2:

I am flying in, but haven't decided on whether or not to put my change in checked bag or purse/carry on. I'll probably just put them in my purse. I don't see them being suspicious or anything. It's just another way to carry coins. I usually carry my coins in a little change purse rather than my wallet, but this time they'll be in tubes. To help pack light, I would actually make tubes for each park and put however many coins you need in each tube. For example! Say you are getting 15 pressed coins in MK, put 15 pressed coins worth of quarters and pennies in one tube and bring that with you. That way you're not being weighed down by a bunch of coins. I'm not sure how many coins can fit into one tube, but it's an idea. I think that's what I'm going to do. That way I'm not messing around with coins every night trying to figure out how many I need. I'm already prepared!

I too need to make a list of what's going in my bag. I'm bringing the lesportsac crossbody I used last year. I was just going to use my camera bag since it can hold my camera and wallet, but it won't hold my phone so I have to bring the purse. Too bad DH refuses to carry the camera bag. At least it is very light. Plus we can carry a water bottle or two since it's going to be super hot.

You are so very welcome! I like your ideas! :goodvibes

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your house delay! :( That stinks that you can't get to your pressed penny book.

I would just pick your favorites and go from there. That way you for sure have your favorites and if you have duplicates, like you said, you could give them to your niece who I'm sure will love them! That's a really nice thing to do! :goodvibes

We got our MagicBands in the mail Friday and our lunch order is placed for BOG! Now comes the L-O-N-G-E-S-T three weeks ever, nothing but waiting!!

23 DAYS LEFT!!

Also, I see alot of you talking about the pressed pennys. Where can you get a pressed penny book and what is the roundabout price of them? I though of giving this as a gift for one of our friends daughters' upcoming WDW trip.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter