September 2015 Car Rental Watch

I just booked a premium through Alamo from 8/29-9/6 for $240 through the Alamo site. I used the Costco AD2338FDF and 7014627 (either Southwest or Visa I forgot). Best deal I have seen for awhile, but as always will continue checking.

Aaarrgggh, those codes took me to the $290 range for my rental -- which is about $160 more than I have now....just goes to show...

I just found a new rate for a one way rental in September thru car rental savers (no spaces) it dropped from 913 to 590 for my 12 days! (not disney, and one way mini van) so excited!!!!!!!

These rates are ridiculous! Have a week with Alamo (9/13-20) using the Vegas Brazil code and Visa code $98.65 with taxes - can pick up at the Dolphin or the Car Care Center, Which is easier? Arriving 9/12 staying @ OKW. Thanks for you help!!

Using the Vegas Brazil code with Alamo and a free upgrade coupon from BJs we got a midsize for 9/18-9/28 for $230. That's not too bad. Previously I had a midsize SUV reserved for $350.

We will be renting in early September (Labor Day week) and in the past we have always rented from National but their prices are outrageous. Do any other companies allow you to choose a car like the National Emerald Aisle member can? We are looking for a mid-size SUV.

We will be renting in early September (Labor Day week) and in the past we have always rented from National but their prices are outrageous. Do any other companies allow you to choose a car like the National Emerald Aisle member can? We are looking for a mid-size SUV.
With Alamo they give you specific rows for your class to pick from and you can pick any car from those rows.

These rates are ridiculous! Have a week with Alamo (9/13-20) using the Vegas Brazil code and Visa code $98.65 with taxes - can pick up at the Dolphin or the Car Care Center, Which is easier? Arriving 9/12 staying @ OKW. Thanks for you help!!
The CCC has a shuttle and they will pick you up at your resort and take you to get the car and then when you drop it off they will take you where you want to go on Disney property. I don't know if the Dolphin location has a shuttle, but you could use Disney transportation to get there. I would think the CCC Alamo shuttle would be faster.

The CCC has a shuttle and they will pick you up at your resort and take you to get the car and then when you drop it off they will take you where you want to go on Disney property. I don't know if the Dolphin location has a shuttle, but you could use Disney transportation to get there. I would think the CCC Alamo shuttle would be faster.

Thank you! Didn't know they had a shuttle.

With the Vegas Brazil code, I saved $30 off a midsize SUV for 9/19-9/27 so i'm paying $260 (with taxes and fees). Still hoping it will go down more than that. Wish we could do a compact, but we've just got too much stuff!

With the Vegas Brazil code, I saved $30 off a midsize SUV for 9/19-9/27 so i'm paying $260 (with taxes and fees). Still hoping it will go down more than that. Wish we could do a compact, but we've just got too much stuff!

Maybe take the Magical Express to/from the resort. Then Rent a car on Disney property. You have the car for less money and not have to worry about luggage. Not to mention renting a car away from the airport saves The airport fee.

We're still not clear if the Vegas Brazil code is actually intended to be used by the public, right? It's definitely the best rate now, but I'm keeping the next best option reserved just in case.

Thanks for the codes (visa and Vegas Brazil). rental for Sept 12 to 19(midsize) was $312 now $129. you guys are awesome!:thanks:

We're still not clear if the Vegas Brazil code is actually intended to be used by the public, right? It's definitely the best rate now, but I'm keeping the next best option reserved just in case.

I'd definitely have a backup. My rule of thumb is to use rates that you can document. If Vegas Brazil is a public code, fine, but my guess is that someone was typing in the Costco code and transposed two digits and came up with Vegas Brazil. Sometimes its hard to tell the difference between a public and private code and Alamo usually doesn't check when you pickup, although they're entitled to. I'd hate, for example, to go to the garage, pick up the car and get challenged at the exit gate because I don't have a Brazilian license. (Again, I have no idea what the requirements, if any, are for that code). Also, there can be insurance issues if you use a corporate code and get in an accident (sometimes a corporate code gives itself away by showing all insurances paid for)

An Alamo contract ID i used for my last rental.
Alamo Fully : LHF

Unlimited Mileage
  • Minimum 3rd party liability
  • Extended Protection liability insurance (EP)
  • Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
  • Theft Protection (TP)
  • All Taxes and Airport fees

• For those looking for the Alamo Gold : LHG

Very nice short ID's
    Very sweet rates
    My last was 14 days a Full Size SUV ( Took the Tahoe) for $560 all in

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter