September 2013 with a twist - New 9/13 - we are on our way!

Buzz is definitely worth doing multiple times a trip! And the Enchanted Tiki Room is something we do once a trip. It's kitschy, but fun!

I definitely recommend doing the Enchanted Tiki Room once just for the experience. We did it in January and probably won't do it again. It is a nice indoor break spot though!

I suspect this will be the same for us. We will do it this trip but probably not again for several trips.

Have you eaten at Pinocchio's before? We never have but maybe we will this trip.

We have eaten at Pinocchios. Gabriel loves to get a table where you can watch the people boarding it's a small world.

We've never seen Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! before, other than in passing! I'm excited to finally see it this time.

It is so much fun. Reminds me a little of Block Party Bash that used to be the parade at DHS. The parade will actually stop and you get to spend some time dancing with the characters.

Celebrate a Dream is our favorite! :lovestruc DBF likes it even more than me, if that's even possible. We'll watch it every time we're in the MK at 3 pm :rotfl2:

We enjoy this parade also and I loved it even more from Frontierland. One of the reasons we have been avoiding parades the last few years is because I can not stand finding a place on main street and then having to defend it for an hour.

Another great day of plans! I remember reading about your guest services horror stories! Fingers crossed that it will go better this time!

:thumbsup2

Read through all your plans while skipping over some of the chit chat. Even though I've never gone on one, I'm excited for you that you mutually decided to ditch the cruise!! I cherish my time at The World and I got twitchy thinking that you'd be packing up in the middle of your trip to go do something else... even if it was Disney related!!

I know people who LOVE cruises, but I personally can't believe that they could ever match the joy of being in the parks. How's that for an opinion based on absolutely nothing? Haha.

:welcome: We have actually been on two cruises and just thought they were ok. I agree with you that there is no way they can offer the same entertainment as they do at the parks on one ship no matter how big it is! I think people are either cruise people or they are not. The same holds true for Disney. I have many friends who think I am crazy for going to Disney as much as I do. People either love Disney or they don't:)

You really, really need to see One Man's Dream. Just cuz!

I will be doing this during our September trip even if I have to do it by myself:goodvibes

Buzz is definitely worth doing multiple times a trip! And the Enchanted Tiki Room is something we do once a trip. It's kitschy, but fun!

We rode it over 30 times during our May/June two week trip. Our record is 10 times in a row in September 2011!

Day 8 – Saturday Sept 21st​

Today is the 2nd Hollywood Studios day. (We have 1 more planned for this trip.) Below is an updated picture of what we accomplished during our last trip in May. I have checked off the things we expect to get done on our 1st MK day. I have also crossed out the things we do not plan to do even if we could make time for them.

Hollywood studios 2 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Tink, Swat, Ariel & Stitch arrived the evening before. They will have spent the previous night and will spend this night at the Dolphin staying on points that Swat has accumulated through business travel. Today is an early EMH day so we will arrive at the park by 7:30am for an 8am opening. It will be interesting to see how this goes with Tink staying in a separate room from me. Normally we are all in a 2 bedroom at the Boardwalk and I can keep Tink moving forward toward getting ready in the morning. I may just keep Ariel & Stitch in our room to give us a better chance of arriving on time.

First up as always will be DH & Swat running to TSM for FPs and Tink and I taking the boys to Sounds Dangerous to get signed up for this:

jedi Training Master by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Since Gabriel will have already done this on our previous HS day we will skip Jedi Training if Stitch does not want to do it. Then we will all meet up and ride this:

star tours by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Photo borrowed from the internet

We are hoping to get the boys into the 9:20am Jedi Training class so we will hang out in this area riding Star Tours until their class time.

Jedi Training by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Jedi Training Stitch by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Jedi Training Ariel by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Even our little Ariel did this one year.

I expect that our TSM FPs will be open by the time the class is complete so we will head back over to ride this:

Toy Story Mania by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

We will pick up a new set of FPs for TSM before getting in the FP line to ride. It should be about 10am by the time we get off and still too early for any of the shows so we will probably split up. DH, Swat & Stitch will head over to ride this using standby line:

39493300002 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Tink, Ariel, Gabriel and I will do this:

disney jr by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

After that, the boys will head back over to watch this show:

indian jones by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Us girls will be heading to see this:

Beauty and the Beast by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

However, before we head to Beauty and the Beast, Tink and I will stop and pick up one(or 2) of these at our favorite bar; 50’s Prime Time:

Bloody Mary by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

After the show I am hoping to catch this (if they are still showing it in September)

wdw-disney-channel-rocks-1-9 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Borrowed from WDWLive

Then it will be time for lunch by the time the shows are over so we will head here:

pizza planet by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

I really, really wish they would add some better counter service to DHS! While we are ordering food someone will run over and get FPs for RnR.

After lunch we will head here to hopefully get some seats in the shade:

lights, motors, action by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Borrowed from the internet

Kenny & I hate this show but will sit through it because the boys love it.

Up next we will probably ride this:

Great Movie Ride by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

This is not on our must do list but it is a great opportunity to cool off.

We will also want to catch this since we did not get to see it on our May trip:

legend-jack-sparrow-sign by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Borrowed from the internet

Next I want to head to the Animation Studios and take the drawing class. We have never done this as a group and I think it will be fun. I think our FPs for RnR should be open after the class so Kenny and Swat will head there (they are the only one who will ride this so they will be able to use the FPs to ride a few times since we will have 7):

rock and roller coaster by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

The rest of us will just hang in the Animation building and maybe try for a picture with Wreck It Ralph or Mickey. (We will also keep an eye on the clock and ride TSM whenever our FPs open up for that).

Next we will all head over to Echo Lake for Characterpalooza. We plan to do the 4:30pm set at Echo Lake and the 5:30pm set at Streets of America. Below is a sample of some great Character M&Gs we have gotten at Characterpalooza in the past:

goody and max by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Genie1 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Bolt by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Not everyone in our group loves Characterpalooza like I do so if the characters that come out for the 4:30pm set are the same ones from our Characterpalooza on our first Hollywood Studios day then the boys can head back to the room to swim while Tink, Ariel and I do the character M&Gs.

The final thing I want to do for this day at DHS is watch these guys perform:

mulch sweat and shears by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

We saw them for the first time in 2011 and thought they were excellent. After that, we will head back to the resort for some pool time and to pack up. We will all be moving to a Fort Wilderness Cabin tomorrow. Aunt P, Uncle F, & Gunz will also be arriving this evening. They are staying in a Lion King Suite at AoA. So, I expect we will meet up with them at some point this evening.

Sounds like another great day of plans!

I do think Disney channel rocks already closed but I could be wrong.

It's great that you get to enjoy Disney with just your immediate family and then spend time with the extended family too! It's like the best of both worlds. :goodvibes

Joining in a little late. Trip looks like fun! We will be there at the same time as y'all (sept 12-21). We also love going the 3rd week in sept but haven't gone at that time since 2008.

Sounds like another great day of plans!

I do think Disney channel rocks already closed but I could be wrong.
I am sure you are correct. I could not find it on www.wdwent.com which made me think it was gone. Out little Ariel will be so bummed.

It's great that you get to enjoy Disney with just your immediate family and then spend time with the extended family too! It's like the best of both worlds. :goodvibes

I agree. I truely think it works best! I get to give Gabriel my undivided attention the first week and then enjoy my nieces and nephews in addition to Gabriel my second week.

Joining in a little late. Trip looks like fun! We will be there at the same time as y'all (sept 12-21). We also love going the 3rd week in sept but haven't gone at that time since 2008.

:welcome: I see you are from Georgia. Wonder if you live in a county that has the balanced calendar like I do? If so, you will love it when your little one gets in school. We have the first week of our trip off school and we are taking our Gabriel out for the second week.

Looks like your plans are coming along beautifully. I love your little cheat sheets. That's a great visual to take with you. Have free time to fill? Scan the card and choose an activity that fits your schedule. :thumbsup2

We just went to a balanced calendar last year. Our kids get two weeks off in the fall and spring, which is awesome. But, it didn't start until I was already in school and our breaks never match up. :rolleyes: Sure would have been nice to do a fall trip. Ah well, maybe we'll get to do that when they are adults or with my grandbabies someday.... :hourglass

Looking forward to this trip report, especially now that your other is winding to a close. I'm gonna miss all the adventures and pixie dust.

Looks like your plans are coming along beautifully. I love your little cheat sheets. That's a great visual to take with you. Have free time to fill? Scan the card and choose an activity that fits your schedule. :thumbsup2

I agree. I actually plan to load them on my phone so I can check them anytime while we are in the parks.

We just went to a balanced calendar last year. Our kids get two weeks off in the fall and spring, which is awesome. But, it didn't start until I was already in school and our breaks never match up. :rolleyes: Sure would have been nice to do a fall trip. Ah well, maybe we'll get to do that when they are adults or with my grandbabies someday.... :hourglass

Oh I think I might like your calendar better than ours. Two weeks off in Spring and Fall sounds awesome!

Looking forward to this trip report, especially now that your other is winding to a close. I'm gonna miss all the adventures and pixie dust.

29 days until we leave! I am so not ready :scared:. I am actually a little nervous that the next trip will not be as good as this one. This one just felt like a once in a lifetime with all the special experiences. Although Disney has a way of sprinking pixiedust: on a pretty regular basis!

So we hit our 30 day mark yesterday and I missed it because work has been ridiculously busy so I will do the 29 day dance instead:

:dance3::cool1::cheer2: :dance3::cool1::cheer2: :dance3::cool1::cheer2:

Usually by this point I have half our stuff packed and a very organized to do list for what is left. Not this time. Sadly I do not see things slowing down at work anytime soon so we will see how in goes over the next 29 days.

I do plan to get as much done this weekend as possible to take some of the pressure off:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Woohoo!!!! It goes so fast once you finally reach the 20's in the countdown. So exciting! I'm trying to force myself to get things done this weekend too. 26 days for us. Only 3 more Fridays!

Woohoo!!!! It goes so fast once you finally reach the 20's in the countdown. So exciting! I'm trying to force myself to get things done this weekend too. 26 days for us. Only 3 more Fridays!

Boy is it cold here in N. Georgia this weekend. The weather is really helping me accomplish alot because I have no desire to get out in the rain or cold so I am just organizing all my Disney stuff at the house! I wonder if this is a sign that it might not be so hot when we are at Disney? In all the years we have been going in September(we started in 2007) we have only had one trip with chilly temps (chilly for me is lows in the 60s and highs in the mid 70s :) ). It was awesome!!!

Boy is it cold here in N. Georgia this weekend. The weather is really helping me accomplish alot because I have no desire to get out in the rain or cold so I am just organizing all my Disney stuff at the house! I wonder if this is a sign that it might not be so hot when we are at Disney? In all the years we have been going in September(we started in 2007) we have only had one trip with chilly temps (chilly for me is lows in the 60s and highs in the mid 70s :) ). It was awesome!!!

I KNOW!!! It's wonderful! I actually went out with my hoodie on this morning. My dh looked at me like I'm nuts lol. I'd wear a hoodie all year long if I could. I keep checking the temps for Orlando on accuweather hoping for cooler temps this time too. So far I'm mostly seeing mid to upper 80's which isn't too bad but could be better. When we went in 2007 in September the weather was SO nice. Really hoping for that again.

Hey, just tuning into your PTR. I will be checking-in at AKL the same day you checkng-in to BWV. :-) I will be there from Sep 14-17. Maybe we will bump into each other. Take care.

**See You Real Soon**

I KNOW!!! It's wonderful! I actually went out with my hoodie on this morning. My dh looked at me like I'm nuts lol. I'd wear a hoodie all year long if I could. I keep checking the temps for Orlando on accuweather hoping for cooler temps this time too. So far I'm mostly seeing mid to upper 80's which isn't too bad but could be better. When we went in 2007 in September the weather was SO nice. Really hoping for that again.

Hey, just tuning into your PTR. I will be checking-in at AKL the same day you checkng-in to BWV. :-) I will be there from Sep 14-17. Maybe we will bump into each other. Take care.

**See You Real Soon**

:welcome: Thanks for following along! We actually considered AKL for this trip but I have trouble leaving my first love BWV:)

Day 9  Sunday Sept 22nd​

Today will be somewhat of a down day. We are switching resorts. Today is also Tinks Birthday. So we will all sleep in and then head over to Fort Wilderness. Six of us are sharing a cabin (Tink, Swat, Stitch, Kenny, Gabriel and I) Ariel will be staying with Aunt P, Uncle F, & Gunz at AoA.

This will be Kenny, Gabriel and my first stay in a cabin in Fort Wilderness. Tink and family have stayed there many, many times.

Fort_Wilderness_Resort_and_Campground_sign by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Photo Borrowed from the internet

cabin by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Kenny and I will sleep in the master bed with Gabriel and Stitch in the bunk beds:

cabin beds by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

And Tink and Swat will sleep here:

murphy-bed-in-living by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

I have no doubt that it will be a tight fit. However, sharing a cabin made the trip more affordable for Tink and Swat so we will suck it up and make the most of it. I have no doubt we will still have a blast. I am estimating that we will arrive at Ft. Wilderness by lunch time. We will get checked in first. If our room is ready we will head there to unpack and settle in. If not we will go exploring. I am pretty excited to be staying at this resort as there seems to be so much to see and do here.

First thing we will probably do is spend some time here:

fWL pool by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Then we will just spend some time exploring the resort. When it gets close to Dinner time we will head over to MK. I am trying desperately to get a reservation for 7 here for Tinks Bday:

bog by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

If I cant we will probably just eat dinner at Cosmic Rays and do lunch at BoG for one of our other MK days. The main reason we are even heading to MK is to see MSEP, Celebrate the Magic and Wishes. Because of MNSSHP there are very few nights that they are showing all three while Tink and family are there. We will have already seen all three on one of our previous MK days so this plan could change if Tink & Family decide they do not need to see them.

I expect that Aunt P, Uncle F & Gunz will spend this day at a Water Park. They only like to visit the actual parks for three days while they are there. Our boys will head straight to the cabins when we are done at MK but Tink, Ariel and I will swing by AoA to drop Ariel off then head to the cabins.

Up next, morning Extra Magic Hours at Animal Kingdom.

Sounds like a nice relaxing day. Those cabins look nice although I've never stayed there. I've only stepped foot on the camp grounds once and that was for a carriage ride on my honeymoon in 2003. Hope you guys enjoy it even though you'll be a bit cramped. Cramped or not, you'll be at Disney! :thumbsup2 I've been trying to get an ADR for BoG as well but no such luck! Hope you're luckier than I have been with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter