September 2013 with a twist - New 9/13 - we are on our way!

:banana: Glad you will be getting back to your home resort! How long of a drive is it for you guys?

It's good that you can see your son the whole time he is using the pool slide. We were at the pool at a local amusement park over the 4th of July and I was watching all of the :scared1: things kids were doing with no parents in sight! I could never.

Sounds like a great and pretty relaxing first day! :goodvibes

:banana: Glad you will be getting back to your home resort! How long of a drive is it for you guys?

It's good that you can see your son the whole time he is using the pool slide. We were at the pool at a local amusement park over the 4th of July and I was watching all of the :scared1: things kids were doing with no parents in sight! I could never.

Sounds like a great and pretty relaxing first day! :goodvibes

We do love the Boardwalk:cool1: For us it is better to have a smaller pool:thumbsup2

Sunday September 15th
Animal Kingdom -We have an additional day planned for this park later in this trip​

As you know if you are also following my TR, we spent two weeks at Disney in May/June. Below is a list of what we accomplished and did not accomplish on that Trip:

Animal Kingdom by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

We will all be up early this day because I wanted to make park opening (9am) for AK. We will eat a quick breakfast in the room and I hope to be out the door and on our way to the bus stop by 8am. Since this day will include just Kenny, Gabriel and I (the rest of our party doesnt arrive until 9/20) we will focus on things that we want to do that are not on the rest of our parties must do list. This will be true for all the parks we visit the first week. I expect to arrive at AK by 8:30 8:45am.

DSC03294 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Our first priority will be to get FPs for the Safari but as always we will stop for a quick Tree of Life picture along the way.

Photo0096FourBySix by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

I also want to get Gabriel signed up for the Wilderness Explorers program first thing so he can get the most out of it throughout our day. So, the plan is for Kenny to run ahead and get FPs to the safari and Gabriel and I to get him signed up. We will all meet up here:

Pangani trail by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Photo borrowed from the internet

We really enjoyed this in May. Especially the Gorillas and Meer Kats.

DSC03311 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

DSC03300 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

I expect that our FPs for the Sarafi will be open by the time we finish the trail so we will head there.

Safari by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

I was really disappointed that the Zebras were still not back out when we rode this in May. Does anyone know if they ever plan to bring them back?

After the safari we will head to Flights of Wonder.

DSC03442 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

We saw this for the first time in May and it was added to the must do list. We really enjoyed it.

Next we will walk this trail:

maharaji jungle trek by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Gabriel especially enjoyed seeing the birds last time we did this. He really likes getting the laminated sheet and seeing if he could find everything on there.

DSC03459 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

After our trek through the Maharaji we will stop for what I hope is an early lunch. We will eat at one of my favorite CS restaurants in all of Disney:

flame-tree-sign by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

I also love that this is one of the few CS restaurants that take the TiW card!.

After lunch we will head to Rafikis Planet Watch. We missed this on our last trip because we waiting until too late in the day to head over there and everything was closed.

First I would like a meet and greet with this fellow:

DSC03499 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Then we will spend some time exploring Rafikis watch (Habitat Habit, Conservation station, & Affection section). I am sure Gabriel will be focused on earning his explorer badges.

When we are done we will board the train and head back. Next will be a meet and greet with this two guys.

dug-and-russell-aug-2012-172 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Photo borrowed from www.kennythepirate.com

This is another thing we did not get to on our last trip and I was totally bummed about that. We will not miss it this time :thumbsup2 .
After that we will spend some time on the Discover Island Trails. Believe it or not we have never explored the Tree of Life in all the times we have gone to Animal Kingdom.

Walt Disney World Gallery Photo by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Then we will head to Dinoland. Kenny and Gabriel will ride TriceraTop Spin and I will run over and get FPs to Dinasour.

DSC03460 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Gabriel will probably spend some time in the Boneyard while we wait for our FPs to open up.

DSC03463 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Kenny and I will plant ourselves right at the exit and let Gabriel just run around. I do like the fact that there is just one way in and one way out of this place.

The minute our FPs for Dinosaur open up we will head there.

DSC03468 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

47794580000 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Then it should be time to see my favorite show in all of Disney:

DSC03476 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

. by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

DSC03482 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

I just love this show. The energy and talent of the actors is amazing to me. I can totally see why some of them make their way to Broadway after preforming in this show.

Then we will find our spot for the parade. We really enjoyed this in May and did not want to miss it this trip.

DSC03531 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

After the parade we will head back to the Boardwalk and just spend some time watching the entertainers until it is time to call it a night. I suspect we will end up having Boardwalk Pizza for dinner :)
Up next: Magic Kingdom

Ah, a couple of my favorite characters from Up! Love that movie!!
I can't wait to see your pictures!
Actually, same with the parade, but for different reasons...
I've never seen it. (Pout)
Doing the rope drop-take a break-return to parks routine has always messed up my opportunities to see the afternoon parades. Bummer. I have always thought the AK parade looks like the one I would like the best so I'll just have to keep enjoying that parade vicariously through you. :lmao:

Ah, a couple of my favorite characters from Up! Love that movie!!
I can't wait to see your pictures!
Actually, same with the parade, but for different reasons...
I've never seen it. (Pout)
Doing the rope drop-take a break-return to parks routine has always messed up my opportunities to see the afternoon parades. Bummer. I have always thought the AK parade looks like the one I would like the best so I'll just have to keep enjoying that parade vicariously through you. :lmao:

I am actually not a big fan of the movie UP but I am a big character hunter so I really want that picture:)

We always say we are going to do an afternoon break but we never do:crazy2:.

Wow, your day at AK sounds pleasantly packed! We never spend much time there, but then I read others' plans and realize how an entire day can be filled!!
I just read about the Wilderness Explorer's thing on the Disney Parks blog-- seems like it'll be really fun for kids!

I am actually not a big fan of the movie UP but I am a big character hunter so I really want that picture:)

We always say we are going to do an afternoon break but we never do:crazy2:.

We may give that a try this year on our Epcot day. I really want to see some of the WS street entertainment, and those are primarily between noon and 5p.m. I'm going to try it, but I just don't know if my family will be able to manage 12 hours in a park. Usually someone wears out and then we are not fun people to be around. :rotfl:

Wow, your day at AK sounds pleasantly packed! We never spend much time there, but then I read others' plans and realize how an entire day can be filled!!
I just read about the Wilderness Explorer's thing on the Disney Parks blog-- seems like it'll be really fun for kids!

We were the exact same way until our May/June trip when we decided to spend more time at AK. It completely changed our perspective. Before that trip we used to either spend a half day at AK or just skip it all together. I will let you know what we thing of the Wilderness Explorer's club.

I love the summary chart of things you did/didn't do/haven't seen. I might do something like that after our September trip to keep track!

The Wilderness Explorers thing sounds like it could be a lot of fun for kids. I'll be interested to hear how Gabriel likes it when you guys get back. Hopefully, we'll see some kids playing it while we're there so I can see it in action.

We've never done Flights of Wonder. I'm hoping to check it out in September.

Rafiki's Planet Watch is pretty enjoyable! We're hoping to head over there early enough to catch a procedure next time. Rafiki never has a long line either which is a plus!

Dug and Russell are an awesome M&G--they're so fun! :thumbsup2

We've never done the Tree of Life trails either :confused3 FOTLK is the best. I love it!

Sounds like a lot of things are your list for AK are the same as our AK list!

I love the summary chart of things you did/didn't do/haven't seen. I might do something like that after our September trip to keep track!

When I first started putting this list together I assumed that there would be very little on my never seen list:confused3. I was really amazed at how much we still need to do even after 10+ trips.

The Wilderness Explorers thing sounds like it could be a lot of fun for kids. I'll be interested to hear how Gabriel likes it when you guys get back. Hopefully, we'll see some kids playing it while we're there so I can see it in action.

I have not doubt Gabriel will love it because that is totally his thing. Not sure I will find it interesting. We'll see.

We've never done Flights of Wonder. I'm hoping to check it out in September.

We were really surprised by how much we enjoyed this show and it just further solidified my resolve to see everything at least once so we can make up our minds for ourselves what we enjoy:)

Rafiki's Planet Watch is pretty enjoyable! We're hoping to head over there early enough to catch a procedure next time. Rafiki never has a long line either which is a plus!

If we could see a procedure then Gabriel would be in Heaven. I will have to do a little research to make sure that happens.

Dug and Russell are an awesome M&G--they're so fun! :thumbsup2

I can not wait to add their picture to my list. It is my goal to get Gabriel's picture with every non retired character by the end of our September trip.

We've never done the Tree of Life trails either :confused3 FOTLK is the best. I love it!

This is something we skipped for the first couple of years:confused3. Once I saw it I was hooked!

Sounds like a lot of things are your list for AK are the same as our AK list!
:thumbsup2

This is the first of 4 scheduled MK days for this trip. Two of those days will be just Kenny, Gabriel and I and 2 will be with the whole crowd. So, today we will focus on the stuff we want to do that was not on the rest of our groups must do list.

Below is a picture of what we accomplished during our last trip in May:

Magic Kingdom by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

We will be up early again for a quick breakfast and out the door by 8am to make a 9am opening at MK. We should be through the entry in time to see the opening show.

DSC03564 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

DSC03563 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

When they open the gates we will hold back to wait for the crowds to clear so we can get a Photopass picture:

Photo0106FourBySix by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

This is from our May/June trip and I want it redone without someones backside in the picture :thumbsup2

Once we are through the gates I will grab FPs for Peter Pan while Kenny and Gabriel go to ride Tomorrow Land Speedway. I hope to be back in time to get a quick picture before they take off:

DSC03565 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Next we will ride Gabriel's second favorite ride (after Star Tours) Buzz:

DSC03994 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

I do not expect there to be a wait at all so I am sure we will ride it a couple of times at least.

Then we will probably do this:

DSC03640 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

We did it for the first time in May and Gabriel loved it. However, that is not the opinion of the rest of our group so we will get it out of the way before they arrive.

After that we will ride the Peoplemover:

DSC03639 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

And then we will head to Monsters Inc Laugh Floor:

DSC03593 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

If you have never done this I strongly encourage you to give it a try. It is really funny. Gabriel loves it and usually wants to do it several times per trip.

I am thinking our FPs for Peter Pan should be open by now so we will head over there. We will grab FPs for Pooh and Dumbo before we ride (You can get Dumbo along with another FP because it is not connected to the FP system. This is also true with Barnstormer but we are saving that for the second week):

DSC03643 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

I am hoping for a quick meet and greet with Peter himself before or after we ride:

DSC04246 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Then we will probably ride the carousel:

DSC03631 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

While we are in Fantasyland I will keep my eyes open for these guys. They did a little show by the Sword and the Stone when we were there in May and Gabriel got picked to pull the sword out!

DSC03623 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

If they show up then we will definitely make time for the show again. Then we will head to one of my favorites - Its a Small World.

DSC03632 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

DSC03636 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Next we will eat at Kennys favorite TS restaurant in all of Disney.

PecosBill by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

After lunch we should be able to ride Dumbo (we may even ride before lunch because I expect the wait after grabbing the FPs to be less than 1 hour).

Since we will use FPs for Dumbo we will completely skip the play area. Then I want to spend some time doing something from our never seen list:

Pete's silly sideshow by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Next we will probably complete one of the quests for Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom. We were in Fantasyland when we stopped during our last trip. We still have 4 more Villains to beat.

DSC03959 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Then we will head over to Frontierland via the train for a nice cool ride on Pirates of the Caribbean.

After that I hope we can do a meet and greet with:

Photo0122_copy by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

And then it should be time for the Frontierland Hoedown. This is another thing on our never seen list!

Hoedown by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

After that we will head back over to Tomorrowland and ride Buzz a few more times. We also hope to catch a Club 626 Dance Party. Gabriel had a ton of fun doing this in May:

DSC04012 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Then we will probably get some dinner at Cosmic Rays. After dinner we may call it a day or if we still have energy we might try to stay for the MSEP, Celebrate the Magic & Wishes:

Day 4 - Tues Sept 17th​

The first thing on the agenda for this day is to sleep in. It will be the first time since vacation started that we will be able to do this. Normally I would say that sleeping in for me is to sleep until 7:30am. However, we all managed to sleep until 10am twice during our May/June trip so I am hoping for another late morning on this day. Once we are all up and fed we will head to the pool:

disney-boardwalk-pool-1-12 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Photo borrowed from WDWlive

I expect we will hang here through lunch then head up to the room for some rest before our big night. We are going to:

Mickey's not so Scary Halloween Party

The plan is to make it to the MK by 4pm. That will give us some time to ride some rides before the party actually starts. I am sure we will all be dressed in costume so there will be lots of updates in this PTR once we decide who we will be.

We have been to MNSSHP twice before and loved it both times. We will ride whatever rides DS wants until 7pm when the party actually starts. Then we will focus on M&Gs, Dance Parties, Shows, the Parade & Fireworks.

So I think the plan for MNSSHP will look like this.

At 6pm I will separate from DH&DS and head to Frontier Land to get in line for a picture with these fellows:

7 dwarfs by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

DH & DS will meet me there before 7pm so we can get a family photo. I do want to note that this is an actual Photopass picture from our 2011 trip and the biggest reason why I always take a picture with my own camera along with the Photopass camera even though I always buy the Photopass CD in advance of our trip. It took alot of work for me to get this picture lightened up enough so you could even see us. I was completely bummed that I had not used my own Camera because I know my picture would have been better.

From there we will head over to Adventure Land so DS can spend some time with these guys:

captain jack by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

and:

tarzan by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

We will also try to get a picture with this funny fellow:

genie by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

I would also love one with Abu as I have never gotten a picture with him.

We plan to head to Fantasy Land next to meet:

suzy and perla by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Borrowed from my favorite character hunter(Kennythepirate.com)

Last year these two did not come out until after Wishes so we will adjust accordingly if that happens again this year.

Then we hope to see:

daisy-and-donald-mnsshp-2012 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

and

Pooh and friends by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Then we will hook up with:

mad-hatter-and-alice-mnsshp-2012-1 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Next we will find a spot near Caseys to watch:

-- by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Borrowed from the internet

Then ease up a little to watch the 10:05pm Villian Show:

villains_mix and mingle by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Borrowed from EasyWDW

And finally we will find a spot for the 10:30pm Parade:

boo to you by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

We will definitely watch from Frontierland as that is my new favorite place to watch the parade.

After the Parade if we are not exhausted we will spend some at this party:

woody roundup by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Borrowed from Allears

On the way out the door we will stop (if the line is less than 15 minutes) in to see:

mickey-minnie-2012-1 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Borrowed from my favorite character hunter (Kennythepirate.com)

Up next: Hollywood Studios

I could've sworn I commented on your MK update already but it seems I'm losing my mind :eek:

Good idea on waiting for the crowds to clear out to take the PP pictures. We usually only get a picture out front if we leave and come back because it's also so crowded in the morning.

I love the CoP also! We did Monsters Inc Laugh Floor for the first time last trip and we really liked it! I can't believe we always skipped over it. I'm also planning to try to get to the Frontierland Hoedown!

AH we're going to be at the same MNSSHP! I'm still trying to think of the best plan to tackle everyone we want to meet at the party. The main problem is I want to meet everyone :rotfl2: so I'm trying to prioritize!

So exciting! Thank you for posting all those adorable photos of the party! I can't wait!

I could've sworn I commented on your MK update already but it seems I'm losing my mind :eek:

Good idea on waiting for the crowds to clear out to take the PP pictures. We usually only get a picture out front if we leave and come back because it's also so crowded in the morning.

The crowd clears out very quickly so we usually don't have to wait long.

I love the CoP also! We did Monsters Inc Laugh Floor for the first time last trip and we really liked it! I can't believe we always skipped over it. I'm also planning to try to get to the Frontierland Hoedown!

We tried so hard to make the Hoedown last trip but it got rained out every day that we were at MK. Fingers crossed for this trip.

AH we're going to be at the same MNSSHP! I'm still trying to think of the best plan to tackle everyone we want to meet at the party. The main problem is I want to meet everyone :rotfl2: so I'm trying to prioritize!

Maybe we can arrange a meet. If you are planning to see the Dwarfs I will be in line for that from 6pm - 7pm at least :)

So exciting! Thank you for posting all those adorable photos of the party! I can't wait!

Going during MNSSHP is my favorite time to go. I just love the party. We are definitely going one night but when I was planning it out for this PTR I started to wonder if we will need two nights to get everything in??

I know you guys are going in October but not sure what your actual dates are???

Not near yours. :(
We are there 13-22 (Vero 9th-13), doing the party on the 20th. 2 nights at the party would be fun!

Maybe we can arrange a meet. If you are planning to see the Dwarfs I will be in line for that from 6pm - 7pm at least :)

I would love to arrange a meet! I'm not sure where we stand on the Dwarfs yet because I want to meet them but DBF isn't entirely convinced about being on line for so long. :confused3 As soon as I work out our party plan, hopefully we can figure something out! :goodvibes

I would love to arrange a meet! I'm not sure where we stand on the Dwarfs yet because I want to meet them but DBF isn't entirely convinced about being on line for so long. :confused3 As soon as I work out our party plan, hopefully we can figure something out! :goodvibes

Sounds good:thumbsup2

Day 5 Wednesday Sept 18th​

Today is our first Hollywood Studios day (we have 2 more planned for this trip). This is our favorite park :cool1:. We will be up early again as I would like to get to HS by 8:30am for a 9am opening. We will probably walk there so will need to be walking out the door of our room by 8:10am.

Below is a picture of what we were able to accomplish during our last trip:

hollywood studios by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

It looks like we barely did anything but that is because we were very focused on SWW in this park for the entire duration of our May/June trip.

First up as always will be Kenny running to TSM for FPs and Gabriel and I heading to Sounds Dangerous to get him signed up for Jedi Training:

jedi Training Master by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Gabriel has done this almost a dozen times but still always wants to do it. Once we have our class time for Jedi Training and our FPs to TSM we will meet back up at:

star tours by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

We are hoping to get Gabriel into the 9:20am Jedi Training class so we will hang out in this area riding Star Tours until their class time. (This is Gabriels favorite ride)

Jedi Training by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

I expect that our TSM FPs will be open by the time the Jedi Training is complete so we will head back over to ride it:

DSC03230 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
I have this picture with DS for every year since TSM first opened at DHS.

Next I want to do something from our never seen list:

walt-disney-one-mans-dream-00 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

After that, we will head back over to watch this show:

indian jones by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

I am not fond of this show so we will stop along the way so I can pick up an awesome Bloody Mary at 50s Prime Time to help me get through the show:

Bloody Mary by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

It should be time for lunch by the time the shows are over. We have dinner reservations at 4pm so I am thinking we will just grab a snack lunch from one of the carts. Then I want to try for a meet and greet with this guys:

Mike & Sully by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Borrowed from my favorite character hunter - kennythepirate.com

Next another thing from our never seen list:

american_idol2 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Honestly, if we were not going to be at HS on 2 more days I would not want to do this. However, it is Kennys favorite show so I figure if nothing else it will be a nice air conditioned break after waiting in what I expect to be a long line for Mike and Sully!

Then we will probably ride this:

Great Movie Ride by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Next we will head over here:

disney jr by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Then we may go into the Animation Studios and take the drawing class. We took the class in May and Gabriel had a little trouble following along so we will see how he feels about it:

DSC04440 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

My drawing from May! I also want a picture with these two and will wait in line as long as I have to to get one:

ralph-300 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Borrowed from my favorite character hunter - kennythepirate.com

It will probably been time for our dinner reservations by now so we will head over to:

50's_primetime_cafe by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

We ate here in May and loved it. We asked for dinner without the experience because I knew Gabriel would not enjoy it if they scolded him so we will do the same thing this time. The food was the best we had the entire 2 weeks we were there for our last trip.

After dinner, we will be heading over to one of my favorite things Characterpalooza. We have done this many times before in the Animation Building but got to do it for the first time on the Streets of America in May and I loved it. Below is a sample of our best M&Gs during our May experience:

DSC04264 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

DSC04267 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

DSC04270 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

We should be flat worn out by the time we are done with Characterpalooza so we will head back to the room for an early night.

Up next: Epcot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter