September 2010 Check-In

I'm loving this! A whole bunch of new September DIS'ers!! :cool1:

Hi Belle Ella and all,

We will be there September 21-28 staying at GCV. Can't wait!

We haven't been to DLR for some time as we usually go to WDW. We are really looking forward to it!

Podgieree

Looks like you'll be there while I'm there! Are you looking forward to seeing the Halloween decorations?

I could've posted the exact same thing as you! Our last trip was Oct '07 and we added DD #2 in Nov '08. We took a Disney cruise this January and she LOVED the characters. I hope she'll still like them in September! We're going Sept 20-25 and staying at GCH.

And another in time for the Halloween decorations! I'm going to keep my eyes open for some LGMH's since it looks like a few DIS'ers will be there at the same time. How fun.

We are at the GCH 13/9 - 18/9 :goodvibes

So excited! Just hoping WOC will still be shown during the week:confused3

Time will tell, but I'm sure hoping it will be as well, and not just the weekends once summer is over.

Finally booked our September trip!!

We are "seasoned" off-season DL'ers! Almost every trip we've made as a family has been in September or October---we LOVE it!!

We haven't been since '07. In that time we've had a new baby, which changes a lot!! Very excited to take her to meet the princesses!:lovestruc

We'll be there from Sept. 12-17 staying at PPH! We cannot wait!!

Will you be in the Parks on the day of the 17th? You may just get to experience the Halloween transformation since Halloweentime starts September 17!

It's official! Were staying in a theme park view room at GCH from 9/2-9/6!

OOH! I love the GCH!!

:wizard: Getting everyone added right now.

By the way, is anyone else writing a PTR and a TR for their trip? I officially started my September 2010 PTR yesterday. It makes it feel that much more real!

I'm loving this! A whole bunch of new September DIS'ers!! :cool1:

Looks like you'll be there while I'm there! Are you looking forward to seeing the Halloween decorations?

And another in time for the Halloween decorations! I'm going to keep my eyes open for some LGMH's since it looks like a few DIS'ers will be there at the same time. How fun.

Time will tell, but I'm sure hoping it will be as well, and not just the weekends once summer is over.

Will you be in the Parks on the day of the 17th? You may just get to experience the Halloween transformation since Halloweentime starts September 17!

OOH! I love the GCH!!

:wizard: Getting everyone added right now.

By the way, is anyone else writing a PTR and a TR for their trip? I officially started my September 2010 PTR yesterday. It makes it feel that much more real!

I have a PTR sort of started in a blog. Same blog has my last TR from 2009.

Belle - you're in the double digits for your countdown! Woohoo!

Hey all

We are coming to DL for the very first time- we are there 5-8th Sept ( on our way to see rellies in the UK) we are there again from 10th-14th Oct ( on the way back to Australia!)

We have a nearly 3 year old and a nearly 1 year old and we are soooo excited!!!!

I'm already on the list, but I've made reservations now. Paradise Pier, Sept 24-28. My dates aren't firm firm, but I noticed that some of the hotels are already full for those dates and I don't want to miss out altogether :).

My mom and I will be there right between our birthdays (which are 9/10 & 10/10).:bday:

We will be there on 9/25-9/30 and staying at the Tropicana Inn. First time off property and a little nervous about it! :scared1:

Well, I wimped out and changed the ressie. We are now staying at the DLH. :rolleyes1

I have a PTR sort of started in a blog. Same blog has my last TR from 2009.

Belle - you're in the double digits for your countdown! Woohoo!

:cool1: I know, I'm so excited!! Almost anyone going in September is since my dates are towards the end of the month. Hopefully the single digits come soon as well.

Blogs. Now there's something I forgot about. I keep meaning to put my PTR and TR in mine as well but I haven't updated that thing since last November I believe. I always get sidetracked! Not a very good blogger, I am.

Hey all

We are coming to DL for the very first time- we are there 5-8th Sept ( on our way to see rellies in the UK) we are there again from 10th-14th Oct ( on the way back to Australia!)

We have a nearly 3 year old and a nearly 1 year old and we are soooo excited!!!!

:wizard: Have a Magical time! How fun that you'll get to be there in September and likely get to see the regular old Haunted Mansion and then be back for Halloween season with the Haunted Mansion Holiday!

I'm already on the list, but I've made reservations now. Paradise Pier, Sept 24-28. My dates aren't firm firm, but I noticed that some of the hotels are already full for those dates and I don't want to miss out altogether :).

:cool1:

Well, I wimped out and changed the ressie. We are now staying at the DLH. :rolleyes1

Well, if that's what it takes to be a wimp, I wanna be too! :rotfl:

Just bought our Mickey's Halloween Party tickets :cool1::cool1::cool1:

:dancer: OK, I couldn't resist putting in at least one dancer from the Halloweentime Information Boogie here. How cool! I hop it's amazing. I just wish some of my dates were actually in October so I could attend as well.

I'm almost to double digits!

I like going over to the countdown thread once in a while to "announce" my days remaining (even though it's also in my signature.)

I kind of have a bit of a blog obsession. I have a few (all under the same blogger account.) One for Disneyland, one for Disneyworld, and then a regular blog where I talk about non-Disney stuff. :)

I'm going to be there Sept. 4-6. Staying at the Red Lion (got it through Priceline). I'm running the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon on the 5th.

I like going over to the countdown thread once in a while to "announce" my days remaining (even though it's also in my signature.)

I kind of have a bit of a blog obsession. I have a few (all under the same blogger account.) One for Disneyland, one for Disneyworld, and then a regular blog where I talk about non-Disney stuff. :)

It feels good, doesn't it? I remember when I was at 101 thinking to myself, hey! Monday I'll be at 100 and then Tuesday will be the double digits :goodvibes It means you're getting closer. I love the countdowns, anywhere! I decided to do a photo-of-the-day countdown for each day of the double digits until I leave. My new TR thread is so photo-bare I needed a fun way to fix that. So I'm going through some of my favorites from past trips, or fun little tidbits that can go along with the photos. It's a great way to pass the time.

I like that idea of having different blogs for different things. I could never do it though, lol. I have a hard enough time keeping up with the one I have. Although I think I would like to also dedicate a specific blog to this trip. Hm. Maybe I'll get started on that after work today.

I'm going to be there Sept. 4-6. Staying at the Red Lion (got it through Priceline). I'm running the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon on the 5th.

I hope you have fun!! I saw that it is your first 1/2 marathon ;) Someday I'd love to give it a try, it seems like it could be a lot of fun. Maybe next year. Or probably 2012 more likely.

I hope you have fun!! I saw that it is your first 1/2 marathon ;) Someday I'd love to give it a try, it seems like it could be a lot of fun. Maybe next year. Or probably 2012 more likely.

I am so not a runner but I have heard that this is a really fun, laid back kind of race. I mostly want the Castle medal.:thumbsup2

I am so not a runner but I have heard that this is a really fun, laid back kind of race. I mostly want the Castle medal.:thumbsup2

Fun is the way to do it. And I wont lie, I have a hankering for the Castle medal myself! I was contemplating taking my birthday trip just a touch earlier so I could do that but the thought only lasted a moment since my longing for a Disney-Halloween trip won out with very little fight. But I'd definitely do it some year, and I am not a runner by any means either. But maybe it would give me that motivation I need to get back into shape ... :rolleyes1

Hi all, me and my DH are coming to California to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary at the home of the Mouse!!!!

We are arriving in San Diego, from U.K on 6th September before we move up to the magic on Friday 10th September for 5 nights. Our anniversary is on Sunday 12th, that being why we are going to be in Disney over a weekend. We are then moving onto Las vegas on the 15th September before flying home on the 23rd September, arriving in the dreaded U.k on the 24th. Boo Hoo!!!! It will be a very dark day for us.:sad2:

We came to California in 2005 and soooooo loved it. We also have been to WDW a few more times and have visited Hong Kong too. We hold APs for DLR Paris, due to the convenience of the location but it really isn't Disney except in name . But it does keep my Disney fix going until we are able to travel to the USA (as often as we can manage.) Las Vegas does come a close 2nd to Disney for us.

Loving reading all the tips and other peoples questions and have got loads of pointers so far.

Thanks

We're going to get there on the same day :woohoo: Between the Dr Who love and the love of the Dis, we should arrange a meetup :lovestruc

Hi all, me and my DH are coming to California to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary at the home of the Mouse!!!!

We are arriving in San Diego, from U.K on 6th September before we move up to the magic on Friday 10th September for 5 nights. Our anniversary is on Sunday 12th, that being why we are going to be in Disney over a weekend. We are then moving onto Las vegas on the 15th September before flying home on the 23rd September, arriving in the dreaded U.k on the 24th. Boo Hoo!!!! It will be a very dark day for us.:sad2:

We came to California in 2005 and soooooo loved it. We also have been to WDW a few more times and have visited Hong Kong too. We hold APs for DLR Paris, due to the convenience of the location but it really isn't Disney except in name . But it does keep my Disney fix going until we are able to travel to the USA (as often as we can manage.) Las Vegas does come a close 2nd to Disney for us.

Loving reading all the tips and other peoples questions and have got loads of pointers so far.

Thanks

Aww! Happy early anniversary and the whole trip sounds amazing!

We're going to get there on the same day :woohoo: Between the Dr Who love and the love of the Dis, we should arrange a meetup :lovestruc

I say you two should do it!

BTW, while it's on topic -- If anyone wants to start talking possible meet ups of DIS'ers or is interested in meeting up for a couple rides or just to say hi, just say so!! We can always get a couple ideas rolling and see if anyone wants to 'sign up' and I can add it to the OP to keep track of who wants to meet up where/when!

We are at DL from 20th to 26th September 2010
4th time from me and DW, 2nd time for DS and have convinced DGM and DGP to take their first trip overseas, Hope the weather is good and the crowds friendly :yay:

We are at DL from 20th to 26th September 2010
4th time from me and DW, 2nd time for DS and have convinced DGM and DGP to take their first trip overseas, Hope the weather is good and the crowds friendly :yay:

Aw, sounds like an awesome family trip! Where are ya'll coming from? Are you looking forward to the Halloween decorations?

Oh, and welcome to the DIS boards!

We are heading over from Australia and we hope that some of the Halloween decorations are up and not to many attractions are closed !!

PS.
Thanks for the warm welcome

We are heading over from Australia and we hope that some of the Halloween decorations are up and not to many attractions are closed !!

PS.
Thanks for the warm welcome

It shouldn't be a worry! Halloween season officially kicks off September 17 this year (earlier than last year, actually) which should mean that all rides are up and running barring and that are down for refurbishment. But I'm thinking we wont know what's down and when until mid-July. Right now I believe the only known ride that will not be open is Star Tours as it's set to close July 27 for a big upgrade and will re-open sometime in 2011.

:goodvibes And you're welcome! It's just a big old happy family here, glad you could join us!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter