September 15, 2013 Disney Dream

Since this is our first FE, I don't know exactly how all this works out. I know we have someone putting the list together. I just wonder how much time you normally have to get everything together. Is the July cut off date the first time we'll get the list?
i am super excited about participating. we have seen them by people's cabins on our other cruises...

:goodvibes

We are looking forward to taking our girls, 8 & 3, on their second Dream cruise in September but haven't told them about it yet and want to surprise them in a fun way. Any suggestions?

Also interested in FE!

So, we took a kid free cruise on the Wonder(kids didn't know) in March and while debating what to bring them for a souvenir we decided there was no better one than the cruise on the Dream that they have been dreaming of! I ended up using the complimentary post cards (2) in the room to write "We are ALL going on a Disney Dream Cruise on September 15!" I put them in envelopes and handed them to the girls when we returned.
Our younger girl took the card out and was waving it around chirping, "Micky and Minnie". The older girl opened hers carefully and examined the picture of the ship closely and then read the back. She was shocked into silence, which NEVER happens. She had to read it a second time, at which point she began crying because she was so happy!

The passport cards will do absolutely no good because they are only good for those traveling back into the US in a vehicle. They are not good for flying or cruising.

The actual passport book is a good thing to have in case of an emergency. For instance....you are in Nassau and someone in your family gets sick and has to be hospitalized. You miss the ship when it leaves Nassau. Your only way home is to fly and if you don't have a passport book, you can't get through customs.

Now, granted, it's a rare case that someone is hospitalized and misses the ship, but it can and has happened. And, it's not that you'll NEVER get back home, but it would take a lot of time, money, and hassle dealing with the US Government. To me, it's just worth it to spend the money every 5-10 years on a passport.

That is great information to know. We have already filled out applications for the passport card. But, thanks to that info, we won't be doing those. I didn't realize that they were only good for cruising. :headache:

Thanks so much!

Has an FE group been set up yet for this cruise? I am a first time disney cruiser and am very excited about the FE. Our party includes 3 staterooms that I believe are all going to participate.

Welcome aboard GirlTideFan! Yes there is a FE group. I know that mmackeymouse is organizing the FE. I would assume you should be getting a PM from her with the information that is being requested for the FE.

So...what is everyone planning for Nassau?

I'm not interested in shopping. DD is not interested in sightseeing. I strongly dislike feeling pressured into buying stuff I don't want, and I'm a little worried about being mugged if we go off on our own somewhere. DD would like to go to Atlantis, but I feel that the excursion is too expensive for what you get. In addition, I'm just not crazy over water parks... so I guess I just don't really want to go to Atlantis lol.

Are there any beaches that are clean, easy to get to, and where I won't be bugged to buy stuff or have our hair braided?

For now, I'm kind of leaning towards just staying on the ship since it's our first cruise and I don't feel like four days is enough time to do all we'd like to do. Then again, it seems crazy to visit a new place and then just look at it from onboard and not actually GO anywhere lol. :rolleyes2

I'm undecided as well. We've done Atlantis before they have diff packages w & w/out water park still exp tho. It was nice to do once we did enjoy the aquarium. We didn't do the beach bfor since the water was too rough even for us avid beach Floridians. Im researching free beaches, they say u can take a water taxi over to Atlantis side & theres a beach over there (?). The other one they say is free has several reviews of being dirty & broken glass so thats a def no for us. It'll b just myself & my 2 teens so I'm not venturing off on our own. Would like to get off boat (can never get enough of the beach) but just unsure of where & how to get there safely. If u come across any info let me know.

Jackie

Welcome aboard GirlTideFan! Yes there is a FE group. I know that mmackeymouse is organizing the FE. I would assume you should be getting a PM from her with the information that is being requested for the FE.

Thanks! I haven't received one yet but I'm sure it will come shortly.

So, we took a kid free cruise on the Wonder(kids didn't know) in March and while debating what to bring them for a souvenir we decided there was no better one than the cruise on the Dream that they have been dreaming of! I ended up using the complimentary post cards (2) in the room to write "We are ALL going on a Disney Dream Cruise on September 15!" I put them in envelopes and handed them to the girls when we returned.
Our younger girl took the card out and was waving it around chirping, "Micky and Minnie". The older girl opened hers carefully and examined the picture of the ship closely and then read the back. She was shocked into silence, which NEVER happens. She had to read it a second time, at which point she began crying because she was so happy!

That's an AWESOME way to surprise them! How cute!! :goodvibes

That is great information to know. We have already filled out applications for the passport card. But, thanks to that info, we won't be doing those. I didn't realize that they were only good for cruising. :headache:

Thanks so much!

You're welcome! My cousin went on a cruise last October. I told her she should get passports. She called the Post Office and said "We are going on a cruise, do we need passports or the passport cards?" And the ding-bat lady told her "Passport cards are fine". So, then I got all excited because then it would be cheaper for us when we renew ours. Then my gut instinct told me to check into it. So, I did....and that's when I found out the lady at the Post Office told her wrong!! Well....she didn't exactly tell her wrong....she just didn't tell her that if she would need to return via air, she would have problems. *sigh* Sometimes it's all how you ask the question....and I'm so glad I researched it more to find out the correct answer! :goodvibes

HI RALPH here right outside port is park and cruise place not expensive and very friendly people secure lot goggle park and cruise near port canaveral

We plan on driving down the day before our cruise from South Carolina. I'm researching some different park and cruise hotels. Anyone have any good suggestions or tips about parking and getting to the terminal? Thanks!

We have stayed at the Country Inn and Suites. They have a nice cruise package or if you find a discounted rate they will add the cruise package for $40. Their main driver Dwayne won the employee of the year award he is so great. Last time we ate at a nice little Italian Restaurant that was in walking distance too.
This time we are doing Beach Club Villas before and Bay Lake Towers the night after.
Liz

Hey Everyone..

Can't wait till September!! This will be my second Disney Cruise - my first was on the Magic almost 13 years ago.

Booked this cruise well over a year ago using DVC points - had them for years first time using them for a cruise..

Me and my Mom are counting down the days till we board.. Glad I found this trend - learned about FE (sad to say I actually had to google it) but now that I know about it we both are interested in participating.. How do we sign up/get information on it?? As being newbies to the whole FE we will need the 411 on it.

Thanks!!!!!

Hi all,

I've been unable to stop by (my first post here was #12) and I'm trying to catch up. I'm in for FE. It's only me in the cabin at the moment but I'm hoping a friend will join me. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Luv 'n' Stuff
Bob

Yaay! :yay: :cheer2::woohoo: My friend, Dennis, will be joining me. He's never been on a Disney Cruise before. And I booked a 3 night stay at Old Key West for after the cruise. I'm more excited about this trip than my birthday trip.

Luv 'n' Stuff,
Just Bob now

Hey everyone!

I hope you guys are all doing well. I think I have sent out an FE notice to everyone that has expressed interest. However, I very well may have missed people, so if you are interested and didn't get a message, just PM me or say something in this thread and I will get you involved.

The cutoff date for the FE will be July 15th. I know that some people may be making handmade items or may come across something before then, so if you need preliminary numbers, I would be happy to get the numbers to you, and then you could figure in so many extra, just in case. Because this is a shorter cruise, there may be people who won't even be booked until after July 15th, so if we get people on board (pun intended) after that, we'll just have to see how many late entries we have, and then we may have some sort of separate FE for latecomers. We'll just have to see how things go!

Happy cruise planning! Woo hoo!

Is a passport required to go on a Disney cruise? Thanks!~

A passport is not required. However, if something were to happen such as a medical emergency or missing the ship while at Nassau, you will have a very difficult and expensive time getting back into the United States without a passport. And passport cards are not valid for returning to the US via air travel...only the books are valid. (The cards are only for traveling via vehicle...such as crossing the Mexico/US border and the Canadian/US border)

Just booked this cruise and can't wait! This will be our second time on the Dream. It's me, DH, DS5, and DS2. We did the FE last trip and would love to participate on this one.

I posted earlier in the thread. I am also interested in joining in the FE. I have been reading lots of old posts in this forum to get ideas of what to craft or buy to give.
Alison

A passport is not required. However, if something were to happen such as a medical emergency or missing the ship while at Nassau, you will have a very difficult and expensive time getting back into the United States without a passport. And passport cards are not valid for returning to the US via air travel...only the books are valid. (The cards are only for traveling via vehicle...such as crossing the Mexico/US border and the Canadian/US border)

Thank you very much!~ :) I think I'll go ahead and get them. :woohoo:

Hey everyone!

I hope you guys are all doing well. I think I have sent out an FE notice to everyone that has expressed interest. However, I very well may have missed people, so if you are interested and didn't get a message, just PM me or say something in this thread and I will get you involved.

The cutoff date for the FE will be July 15th. I know that some people may be making handmade items or may come across something before then, so if you need preliminary numbers, I would be happy to get the numbers to you, and then you could figure in so many extra, just in case. Because this is a shorter cruise, there may be people who won't even be booked until after July 15th, so if we get people on board (pun intended) after that, we'll just have to see how many late entries we have, and then we may have some sort of separate FE for latecomers. We'll just have to see how things go!

Happy cruise planning! Woo hoo!

Mmackeymouse, I tried to respond to your PM but apparently I don't post enough. I will be responding with our info just as soon as I can!

Dayna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter