1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

September 15, 2013 Disney Dream

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by mmackeymouse, Aug 11, 2012.

1. mmackeymouse

mmackeymouse DIS Veteran

Welp, I have been waiting and waiting, and checking the threads periodically to see if a 9/15/13 thread has been made. Nothing. So, I guess here I am....getting the party started!

Who's with me?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. IrishCowboy

IrishCowboy DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :cool1:

Have a great cruise!

4. teatah

teatah Earning My Ears

My family will be with you. It is myself, DH, & DD11. We did the same cruise in Sept. 2010 & loved it. Cannot wait to cruise again. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

5. Husurdady

Husurdady DIS Veteran

:cool1: HI EVERYONE, WE BOOKED THIS CRUISE WHILE DOING A 3 DAY CRUISE ON THE DREAM IN MAY....ONE FINE SHIP. THIS CRUISE WILL BE ; DW AND ME THE HOOSIER DADDY. WE CAN NOT WAIT! :goodvibes

6. Husurdady

Husurdady DIS Veteran

.... I HAVE A QUESTION,.........DOES ANYONE THINK THIS CRUISE DATE WILL TURN OUT TO BE THE DVC MEMBERS CRUISE FOR 2013?.... IF SO I THINK WE SAVED A TON OF $$$. :thumbsup2

7. mmackeymouse

mmackeymouse DIS Veteran

Yay! So exciting! Any tips for those of us new to fall cruising? Are the nights cool enough to need to bring sweatshirts?

How was Castaway Cay?

Hmmmm.....what does that mean? Are cruises priced higher for DVC cruises?

8. Husurdady

Husurdady DIS Veteran

YES....I think so.
    Past cruises for us [Sept.,2007, '08 , '09 ,and 2010] , the next four night cruise either after or even before the 4 night DVC cruise would always be a LOT cheaper.

9. mmackeymouse

mmackeymouse DIS Veteran

Ack, well I hope not. Because, we are not DVC members, so we would get kicked off that cruise and relocated to another sailing.

I checked, and the particular rooms we are sailing in are sold out for the cruises immediately preceding and following this one.

In any case, I do hope they make an announcement soon, so that if we are displaced, we can start making arrangements or cancel as soon as possible. They say the date is usually announced a year out.

10. Husurdady

Husurdady DIS Veteran

WE have been DVC members since 1997.......lets just see if they can kick The Hoosier Daddy off. :furious:

11. mmackeymouse

mmackeymouse DIS Veteran

Well, since you are a DVC member, you would not be kicked off, I wouldn't think.

It is just we peons that would suffer.

I don't think it would be TOO much of an issue, but definitely an inconvenience. We just need to know about it sooner rather than later. We have to put in for our vacation days November 1st for the following year, and once the vacations are requested, they are locked in.

I've seen that the January 2013 DVC cruise did not sell real well, so I am not sure if that will affect the decision of whether or not to have and when to have the 2013 fall sailing.

12. teatah

teatah Earning My Ears

We had a drizzly day on Castaway Cay, but it was still beautiful. :beach:

Evening weather was still warm. We used sweaters in the restaurants, not outdoors.

We loved September, which is why we booked again.

I hope we do not get moved to another week, we have it paced with the school calendar so only 3-days will be missed. :scratchin

13. rbthntschl

rbthntschl Mouseketeer

Hi all,

I just booked this while I was on the Dream over the weekend. I have done 2 3-night cruises. This will be my first 4-night.

Luv 'n' Stuff
    Bob

14. Husurdady

Husurdady DIS Veteran

I don't think the "peon" as you call yourself has anything to worry about, the way it looks like right now ,Sept 29th will be the Members cruise.They pulled that booking date off of DCL booksings on SAT. I have some old cruise friends cruisin' than, boy are they all upset. Some are not DVC members.

15. mmackeymouse

mmackeymouse DIS Veteran

Awww......too bad for them. They are welcome to join the awesomest cruise to sail these many moons......Sept 15, 2013!

The date makes sense.....this way, they are able to enjoy the cruise and partake in Food and Wine Festival. We actually almost went with that cruise for that very reason. However, we decided this time around, we wanted September crowd levels more than Food and Wine, so here we are.

I hope more people start coming around.....I am excited to get to the planning portion of this thread, and get a FE group started, too! Maybe toward the beginning of the year, we will have gathered a bigger group by then, and we can get that process started......can't wait.

Until then, feel free to share your plans for this cruise, cruising history, Disney history, etc etc.

16. Jrex21

Jrex21 Earning My Ears

Hi everyone!!

Just booked this morning! Super excited to be on the Dream again. Our group is a little larger...
    DH
    Myself
    DS-2
    Baby #2 (it's a suprise baby that will be here in March:c)

My Sister's Family:
    Sister, BIL, and DD-3

AND our parents... aka Mom and Dad.:dance3:

We sailed with Disney for the first time last October and fell in love, so here we are again! I hope we can get a group going for FE, it was such a blast last time!

Looking forward to chatting it up and making plans!:cool1:

17. fannonzoo

fannonzoo Earning My Ears

So, we just booked our first Disney Cruise today! Our party will include - DH, DD13, DS8 (birthday the Friday before we depart) and DS 3. My Aunt, Mom in Law and Mom and Step-dad will all be cruising too. This will be the first cruise for all but DH and myself.
    As a newbie to DCL, I have a question: What is FE? Is it an additional thing for us to do?

We are all excited for this cruise!

18. Jrex21

Jrex21 Earning My Ears

Hi Brae!

FE (fish extender) is kinda like a secret santa small gift exchange. There will be a fish outside of your stateroom door (where your stateroom attendant will leave Navigators etc.), people that are participating in the FE will hang pockets from their fish for other cruisers to leave gifts in. Some cruisers leave a family gift while other cruisers leave gifts for everyone in the stateroom. It's up to you! There is a thread on the main cruise board that's titled Homemade FE gifts 2. Click through that thread and it may explain it a little better.

My family did it on our last cruise and it was REALLY fun leaving gifts for others and exploring the ship at the same time!

P.S. our sons are the same age! :yay:

19. fannonzoo

Thanks Jrex for the answer! So how do we know if there will be FE exchanges on this cruise?? It sounds like fun and thanks for the info on the threads - not too crafty here, but would LOVE to still participate if we will have one!

20. WDWINJUNE!

WDWINJUNE! Married My Prince Charming at Sunset Pointe

Hi everyone!

My birthday is tomorrow and my husband surprised me with a cruise for the 2 of us :goodvibes We sailed on the Dream in December and I can't wait to go back pixiedust:

21. fannonzoo

Happy Birthday WDWINJUNE! What a wonderful surprise! Glad you are on board!