• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September 15, 2013 Disney Dream

Well, that will be ultimately decided by everyone in the thread. If we get enough interest, I would love to do an FE exchange.

I would be happy to organize it. Maybe we should set a cutoff day for when we need to decide whether yes or no, we are going to do an FE exchange?

July 15th, maybe? Would that be too late? What does everyone else think?

July 15th may be a little late to make a decision for those who are "craftier" and want to make gifts, but again, this is a first for me, so maybe I'm wrong!

I would definitely be on board for a FE exchange!

We participated in the FE groups on two previous cruises and the cutoff date was two months before cruise date. It worked out just fine. Even for the crafty folks. We had about 20-25 cabins involved on each cruise.

We are heading on our 1st Disney cruise with our kids (and I was on the Big Red Boat YEARS ago)... we cannot wait! Traveling with my DH, DS 4, DD3, my mother, my MIL, FIL, brother & SIL...

would love to do the fish extender exchange :) my kids would LOVE it!

The first time we sailed on the Magic (1998), "The Big Red Boat" was docked next to us. We laughed so hard trying to imagine "cruising" on that "ship". It looked like a dingy (sp?) boat next to the Magic. I do believe The Big Red Boat is retired now.

If you can get away with it, waiting till the day of would be totally cool.

Just wake them up and tell them they have half an hour to get ready, and then you whisk them off to a crazy, magical adventure!

They will never forget it.

You could search "surprising kids with disney vacation" on Youtube. I've seen lots of neat ideas of how parents surprised their kids. We surprised ours once.....we did a WDW/DCL vacation. We drove to the airport with the kids....DSiL was following us. We told the kids she needed us to show her how to get to the airport. When we got there and unloaded our luggage from the trunk of the car, DS broke out into tears. He was so upset to be missing school. I felt SO bad! I have never tried to surprise them with a trip since then. *sigh*

Oh, by the way....this trip will be myself (Debbie), DH (Junior), DS14 (Brandon) and DD10 (Emilee). Also joining us will be my brother-in-law, sister-in-law and their three boys 6, 4, & 1. This is our 12th Disney cruise....so if you have any questions....ask away! :goodvibes

Hi everyone! I just booked my daughter and I on this cruise. We were on the Dream a couple of weeks ago and had a great time. The Fish Extender was lots of fun! We would love to join in this one too! I am also booked on the Fantasy in Sept 2014.

Hi everyone. We just booked last night. There will be 3 of us total one of which icludes my DS who will be turning 12 the day the trip ends. He and I did a 3 night on the Dream last year for his 11th birthday and we have also done the Magic and the Wonder.

Oh, by the way....this trip will be myself (Debbie), DH (Junior), DS14 (Brandon) and DD10 (Emilee). Also joining us will be my brother-in-law, sister-in-law and their three boys 6, 4, & 1. This is our 12th Disney cruise....so if you have any questions....ask away! :goodvibes

We just booked today, category 7A gty. This will be our very first cruise...

Me (Tracey) and ...DD10 Emilee :cheer2:

I can't believe there will be TWO 10 year old Emilees on this cruise LOL. :p

Hi:banana:

Just booked this cruise and it will be myself and DD13. We booked while onboard this last week. Weather wasn't that great so we need a redo! LOL. Definitely in for FE!

We just booked today, category 7A gty. This will be our very first cruise...

Me (Tracey) and ...DD10 Emilee :cheer2:

I can't believe there will be TWO 10 year old Emilees on this cruise LOL. :p

That is so cool! Two 10 year old Emilee's!!!! YAY! Another mom who spelled their daughter's name wrong. :rotfl: That's what my son tells me, anyway! I think it's a very pretty way of spelling it!!

We are veteran cruisers, so if you have any questions...don't be afraid to ask. :goodvibes :thumbsup2

That is so cool! Two 10 year old Emilee's!!!! YAY! Another mom who spelled their daughter's name wrong. :rotfl: That's what my son tells me, anyway! I think it's a very pretty way of spelling it!!

We are veteran cruisers, so if you have any questions...don't be afraid to ask. :goodvibes :thumbsup2

Thank you!

My Emilee complains all the time because she can't buy any personalized stuff -- water bottles, pencils, etc. We spelled it that way because both DH and I have the middle name Lee, Emily was the only girl name we both liked, and we didn't want to name her Emily Lee. ;)

Hey guys! So exciting to be getting lots of people on board (no pun intended....oh who am I kidding, pun intended!)

I think it would be nice to maybe name our cruise, since it doesn't have a formal name yet. Right now, I don't have anything creative coming to my mind.

If you have any good ideas, just put them out there, and maybe we can have a vote or just if one gets a lot of support, we will just make that the title.

Woohoo!

Thank you!

My Emilee complains all the time because she can't buy any personalized stuff -- water bottles, pencils, etc. We spelled it that way because both DH and I have the middle name Lee, Emily was the only girl name we both liked, and we didn't want to name her Emily Lee. ;)

The funny thing about that is my son's middle name is Lee (named after DH's middle name). I have two nieces that spell their names Britnee & Ashlee, and I really like that instead of "y". So...when my BFF from high school learned how I spelled Emilee's name, she asked "Is that because your son's name is "Brandon LEE, and so you did EmiLEE"? LOL I had never even thought about that. My Emilee's middle name is Rose....and right around the time I had her that movie Excorcism of Emily Rose came out. UGH!

We were just on the Fantasy and my Emilee found one of those string made bracelets that they sell all over the islands....with her name spelled correctly!!! :) Needless to say, we bought it. LOL

mmackeymouse said:
Hey guys! So exciting to be getting lots of people on board (no pun intended....oh who am I kidding, pun intended!)

I think it would be nice to maybe name our cruise, since it doesn't have a formal name yet. Right now, I don't have anything creative coming to my mind.

If you have any good ideas, just put them out there, and maybe we can have a vote or just if one gets a lot of support, we will just make that the title.

Woohoo!

Name ideas:
September Disney Dream
September Dreaming
Dreamers 2013

Just few thoughts.

Who is compiling the FE list and when is deadline. My BFF is taking cruise and might want in.

our family is booked on this cruise! we are so excited. although this will be the 3rd cruise for my dh and me, the kids have never been. and we have never done the FE before. would love to be a part of that when it get organized. :thumbsup2

can't wait!! ::yes::

Hi! We are all set to come along with you guys! This is our first cruise. It will be Myself (mom), DH, DD5, DD2, my mom and my mother in law! I look forward to meeting some of you all, and I am excited to learn about FE!

In keeping the name ideas coming...
Daring to Dream
Dream Weavers
Dream Catchers
Dreamlanders

Any thoughts on creating a Facebook page when we have a name. It can make posting documents easier and messaging easier. For my last FE we had an original group and a late group that was added so when we set a closing date we can also welcome latecomers to start a subgroup that original members can join or bypass.
We are too excited for it to be so far away!!
Liz

Kashabear said:
Daring to Dream
Dream Weavers
Dream Catchers
Dreamlanders

Any thoughts on creating a Facebook page when we have a name. It can make posting documents easier and messaging easier. For my last FE we had an original group and a late group that was added so when we set a closing date we can also welcome latecomers to start a subgroup that original members can join or bypass.
Liz

I love the Facebook page idea! And the two FE groups. I have all kinds of FE ideas and am dying to get started every time I come up with a new idea or see something perfect. I'm so ready.

Who is compiling the FE list and when is deadline. My BFF is taking cruise and might want in.

That would be me.

I threw out the date July 15th. The only feedback I got was one person thought that may be too late for the crafty people who want to make handmade gifts. Another person said their last cruise, 2 months was the cutoff so it sounded fine to them. So, nothing was ever decided either way.

We can always set a date and then if anyone wants in after the deadline, we can create a separate group like someone suggested, or if it is only a couple of rooms, we could incorporate them in, and if people have extra items, they can give them to them.

June 15th? July 1st? July 15th? July 22nd at 3:33 pm? Lol

I think that July 15th would work just fine. We definitely want to be included. This was so much fun on our last cruise. Just let me know what info you need from me.

That would be me.

I threw out the date July 15th. The only feedback I got was one person thought that may be too late for the crafty people who want to make handmade gifts. Another person said their last cruise, 2 months was the cutoff so it sounded fine to them. So, nothing was ever decided either way.

We can always set a date and then if anyone wants in after the deadline, we can create a separate group like someone suggested, or if it is only a couple of rooms, we could incorporate them in, and if people have extra items, they can give them to them.

June 15th? July 1st? July 15th? July 22nd at 3:33 pm? Lol

I was the one that said it may be too late, but as a "newbie" to FE, that was just my thought. July 15th seems like it's a good time for most.

I like the idea of having a second group if others want to join after the cut off date.

I also like the idea of a Facebook page for our FE group!

Daring to Dream
Dream Weavers
Dream Catchers
Dreamlanders

Liz

Here's some of my suggestions:
A Dream Come True
Once Upon a Dream
Disney DREAMing

Number 2 Dream cruise for us [DD,DM,,DGS, Adult DS and DM,and 3 DD],also bringing my brother and wife and our mom and aunt. Had a great time last May had to come back Trying to decide about FE:cool1: :firefight

I think July is an ok cut off date for the FE. I am looking up different ways to make one for each of our cabins. We have the boys in one and the girls in the other. (Has anyone seen a video on how to make an FE from duct tape?)

I like Dream Weavers
and
Disney DREAMing

I have a DD (13) DS (11) and DS (8)
plus myself, my DH and my MIL

:disrocks: :goofy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter