September '09 PTR ~ A trip full of WONDERful firsts! UPDATED 10/12 TR STARTED!

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by jenny105, Mar 28, 2009.

1. jenny105

jenny105 DIS Veteran

I think we're going to just miss you at AKL though! Aren't you guys checking out on the 26th? We wouldn't be checking in until after the cruise, on the 27th. Stay an extra night!!!!

Are we talking a stuffed giraffe or a real giraffe? Cause the real one may be difficult...:lmao:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Rora

Rora <font color=darkorchid>I'm the needy, sexy Unicorn

Real, hello! Puhlease! There will be one right by your window. Just reach out and Giraffe-nap it. Easy.

:rotfl:

4. jenny105

jenny105 DIS Veteran

If I get pulled over on the way home for an obstructed view violation, you have to pay the ticket.

5. jenny105

jenny105 DIS Veteran

It's done. I switched it. I was staring at the confirmation paper for WL a bit wistfully but I figured we're going to go there for breakfast anyway, to WCC so....we'll still get to see it. This way I get the best of both worlds! :)

6. Rora

YAY! You made the right decision! :)

7. jenny105

jenny105 DIS Veteran

Now I just gotta work on that giraffe...:scratchin

8. karentan

karentan <font color=green>my main job for tomorrow is to g

you need a reallllllly long sports bag :rotfl:

9. hmdavid

hmdavid DIS Veteran

Now that you will be staying at AKL, I think you need to eat at Jiko!. It is our favorite restaurant on property. It is a bit pricey, but soooooo worth it! Yum!!!

10. Rora

What about strapping him to the roof, in a chair? Or maybe just ride him home?
    :lmao:

11. jenny105

jenny105 DIS Veteran

I'll have to check out the menu! I've heard good things about that and Boma as well.

Hmmmm...I think that may take up too much time. Can they ship him home?

12. Rora

I'd assume. Disney does ship! :rotfl2:

Looking forward to your next installment!! :cool1:

13. jenny105

jenny105 DIS Veteran

Patiently waiting for the park hours to come out so I can finalize the days we'll go to what parks and what ADRs we'll make. :rolleyes1

14. stacikristine

stacikristine DIS Veteran

SAD!! Yes...we're checking out the 26th. :sad2: I wish we could stay an extra night, but Michael has to be back home for church on Sunday. He only gets to miss 2 a year. But I am glad that you made the switch!!! :thumbsup2 I'm so excited to stay there. Oh--and you should change your ticker now! ;)

15. jenny105

jenny105 DIS Veteran

It's too bad we're not going to be there at the same time. We're missing each other by a day! Boo! We're still staying at POR during the first half of our trip (the land & sea part) but I could add an extra ticker to countdown to staying in the villas...if it will fit. :rotfl: I was a little sad changing from WL for the last two nights but we're going to do WCC so we'll still get to see it. So it's like a two in one deal. :thumbsup2

16. Sarah84

Sarah84 DIS Veteran

Great PTR so far, your plans so brilliant, bet you will have a fab trip :)
    That Tink tshirt from kohls is so cute, i wish we had that store over here ive read a few peoples trippies on here and they have got such cute disney tshirts from there.

17. jenny105

jenny105 DIS Veteran

Hi and thank you! :)

I see so many Disney shirts whenever I go to Kohl's. They actually have another Mickey one that I'm coveting. It stinks that they don't ship internationally!

18. stacikristine

I know. It would have been so much fun to be there at the same time. Oh, yeah. I forgot that you'll be there earlier. Who knows...we might still run into each other in the parks! You'll be on the "land" portion during part of our stay, right? Yes--I think you'll be happy with the AKL vs WL decision. You'll still get to visit WL! :thumbsup2

19. jenny105

jenny105 DIS Veteran

Yes, the "land" portion is 9/20-9/24 so we will be there the same time. If I see you in one of the parks, I'll be sure to say hello. :) Or you'll hear me saying 'I think that's the girl from the DIS boards.' :rotfl: I have a tentative schedule of what parks we're going to be in on what day but I won't know for sure until the hours are released.

I was just looking at your PTR and it looks like we'll be in MK and AK on the same days!

20. amandaluvsgoofy

amandaluvsgoofy DIS Veteran

Hi Jen! :wave2: Just read your report. I need to get some t-shirts for our trip! I had no idea Kohl's was the place to go! :laughing: I'll be sure to check it out this weekend!
    Hope you're having luck with figuring out which resort to stay at. Those two were in our top choices, but we decided on the Boardwalk for location. But next time!! :lmao:

21. stacikristine

Haha! I have a feeling I'll be thinking everyone looks familiar while I'm on my trip. :rotfl: I'll be wondering if everyone is from the Boards, and my DH will be thinking I'm insane. :rotfl2: I've changed my tentative schedule again, but I'm waiting til next month to re-post it, since the park hours/TGM ratings will be out. I wish they would hurry up!