Sept. 26, 2009 Magic

I finally talked myself into getting the couples massage in the cabanas at CC and..... they're all booked!

Do you guys think the on the boat massages are worth it? It's over $100 pp for 55 min! Does that include tip even?

:confused3

I know - - it's *such* a tough problem to have, right? :lmao: We'll probably decide on Thursday night one way or the other. Since I'm off work on Thursday, I'll have alllllll day to weigh the pros and cons! ;)

Sounds like you aren't making it easy on yourself ;) But do I understand it correctly, BLT is a certain thing or also not sure?

WOO-HOO - we're on the same ride. We booked a double, though, so be warned that DH will be the crazy driving one, and I'll be the one hanging on for dear life. :rotfl2:

Yeah right, after whispering in his ear all about how you'ld love him to go wild and show you what he can do, I pressume? :rotfl2:

Oh, and is anyone else surprised that Magical Express won't take me to the Dolphin? I have to pay Mears to drive us there on Friday!

But apparently we CAN take the busses from Dolphin to the parks... and the busses will pick us up at Dolphin for cruise transport. :rolleyes:

I asked if there were any value or moderate rooms available for that night -- no, but could she interest me in a $360/night room at one of the fabulous properties? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I finally talked myself into getting the couples massage in the cabanas at CC and..... they're all booked!

Do you guys think the on the boat massages are worth it? It's over $100 pp for 55 min! Does that include tip even?

As far as I understand it (DISboards and passport) tip not included.

Read multiple reports about the main difference between the 2 being location. However if you are in doubt, I would wait until you're on board. See if they might have some openings left for CC (like they hold back on certain excursions and Palo) and if not, from other threads on the DIS I understand the Spa runs all kinds of promos but only for onboard booking. That might also ease the financial pain. :thumbsup2

Oh, and is anyone else surprised that Magical Express won't take me to the Dolphin? I have to pay Mears to drive us there on Friday!

No, not really surprised. ;) Dolphin isn't Disney owned and as such not a participant in the DME. They (D and S) are kinda like the stephsisters of the WDW resorts. Not WDW-owned, so no part of DME or WDW discounts etc. But as a steph, they do come with the WDW-transportation and EMH's.

I guess WDW has created their own on site Cinderella family. :confused3

I was surprised to find out they ARE part of the land-sea combo of DCL and as such, also pick up spots for the DCL transportation.

I asked if there were any value or moderate rooms available for that night -- no, but could she interest me in a $360/night room at one of the fabulous properties? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

For that amount, you'll do the couples massage instead. :lmao:

Here is what I now have for wristbands:

Aristocats lover 2
Fire_14 3
Disney Sweetie 4
Frankiesmom 5
Sftnslky 7
Spectrum-Turbo 8
KimmySue 9

DS still home from school so, I am looking at excursions. If he stays home too many more days, I might start packing!!!!:rotfl:

We were down for 3

Castaway3
Thanks
Christine

As far as I understand it (DISboards and passport) tip not included.

Read multiple reports about the main difference between the 2 being location. However if you are in doubt, I would wait until you're on board. See if they might have some openings left for CC (like they hold back on certain excursions and Palo) and if not, from other threads on the DIS I understand the Spa runs all kinds of promos but only for onboard booking. That might also ease the financial pain. :thumbsup2

That's what I'm thinking. Maybe we can get a cheap morning massage when we get to St Maarten or something -- since everyone is off the boat. :) We're just planning on winging it in that port anyway.

What I don't get is that it's like $20 to have a "couples" massage on board than to just book them singly. :laughing: It's the same amount of time! :confused3

What I don't get is that it's like $20 to have a "couples" massage on board than to just book them singly. :laughing: It's the same amount of time! :confused3

Maybe it's the extra room needed for the couples experience, and/or 2 mawhat-do-you-call-them-in-english-anyway-without-sounding-like-xrated-workers? being booked up at the same time?

There is a Carnival ship in Port Canaveral right now. See my earlier post for webcam pics.

The Wonder will be in port tomorrow.

Maybe it's the extra room needed for the couples experience, and/or 2 mawhat-do-you-call-them-in-english-anyway-without-sounding-like-xrated-workers? being booked up at the same time?

I think you can still call them masseusses. :)

I think we'd rather spend the money on the week long pass to use the rainforest thing and the whirlpools and whatever else is in the spa area.

First of all, I doubt it includes tip (does anything - LOLOLOL?). Second, I think that DCL charges so much for their massages, I wouldn't ever do it. I read that one couple paid upwards of $560 for the couples package massage on the ship. They said it was great...but $560 great?? I'm thinking probably not. I don't know - - every time I'm tempted to book a massage on board, I think about the fact that I can go to my local spa and get a massage for half the cost of one on DCL... However, DH won't get a couples massage, so that probably influences my decision. If he would be willing to do it, maybe I'd feel differently. Still, $560....I don't know...

Sounds like you aren't making it easy on yourself ;) But do I understand it correctly, BLT is a certain thing or also not sure?

Yeah right, after whispering in his ear all about how you'ld love him to go wild and show you what he can do, I pressume? :rotfl2:

LOLOLOL - - I've never been on a jetski so I have no idea what to expect. I'm sure I'll love it though.

And, about BLT, if we take Ansley out of school at 11:15 a.m., that means we'll get to Disney at about 7:00 p.m., so we we'll have a little time to explore and swim. However, if we do MNSSHP, we'll ride in at 2:30 p.m., and have enough time to check-in and walk (ha ha ha) to MK before the party starts. And, since we'll be out until midnight, that will leave us no time to do anything at BLT. Decisions, decisions!

No values or mods available? That's crazy!!!!!! I know it's free dining and all, but September is supposed to be the slow season! :scared1: What about AKL? That's on the cheaper side of the Deluxes...?

I think you can still call them masseusses. :)

I think we'd rather spend the money on the week long pass to use the rainforest thing and the whirlpools and whatever else is in the spa area.

AMEN, Sista! (Although DH is very anti-spa-anything-except-the-rasul so I'll be going it alone at the Rainforest Room). :sad2:

AMEN, Sista! (Although DH is very anti-spa-anything-except-the-rasul so I'll be going it alone at the Rainforest Room). :sad2:

Don't have to if you don't want to. So many of us are going, should always be someone handy to go together with. Worst case scenario if we think you are going too little, I'll tie you to the back of my chair and drag you down there myself. :angel:

I guess I was thinking that if I could get even Coronado Springs for $130/night then it would offset the Mears shuttle cost..... but we'll keep it the way it is. :)

I will definitely be seeing you ladies down at the rainforest room. :) DH likes to do the men's side of it, too.... we'll have to see the layout, though, since on the NCL boats they had a cool coed thermal massage pool -- or something like that.... and he liked to read in the heated recliners in the coed part.

So so soooooo excited. :banana:

:lmao::rotfl2:I love you, I love you, I love you!:lmao::rotfl::worship:

Did you get the week at the rainforest package??? Or just checking it out for a day??? We did the rasul in May and loved it, but the rainforest room was pretty full once we headed over there!

I will definitely be seeing you ladies down at the rainforest room. :) DH likes to do the men's side of it, too.... we'll have to see the layout, though, since on the NCL boats they had a cool coed thermal massage pool -- or something like that.... and he liked to read in the heated recliners in the coed part.

If memory serves me right, I read somewhere the saunas are coed. Same goes for the heated stone sit thingies.

:lmao::rotfl2:I love you, I love you, I love you!:lmao::rotfl::worship:

We'll talk more somewhere around october 2nd. See how you feel about me by then. Until then, I'll cherrish all the love I can get. :thumbsup2:rotfl2::rotfl::hug:

DH likes to do the men's side of it, too.... we'll have to see the layout, though, since on the NCL boats they had a cool coed thermal massage pool -- or something like that.... and he liked to read in the heated recliners in the coed part.

Your DH needs to tell my DH the "deal-e-o" about how great spa stuff can really be. Randy will scrapbook all day with me, but the mere mention of a spa visit deeply offends his man card. :rotfl:

Did you get the week at the rainforest package??? Or just checking it out for a day??? We did the rasul in May and loved it, but the rainforest room was pretty full once we headed over there!

I'll be getting the package for the week, but Randy gave me a "no-go" as to his potential appearance at the Rainforest Room. I haven't given up hope, yet though. There's still over a week left to nag...er...convice him. :angel:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter