Sept 2012 car rental......

:scared1: I was trying to reduce the price for my Alamo rental for Sept 20-30 and was SHOCKED :scared1:how much the prices have went up since I made my ressi about 3 months ago. I thought they would go down once it got closer. I have a great price $154 for Standard by using the Costco code and AA coupon, but I always want a better price. I'll keep trying every day. :wizard:

:scared1: I was trying to reduce the price for my Alamo rental for Sept 20-30 and was SHOCKED :scared1:how much the prices have went up since I made my ressi about 3 months ago. I thought they would go down once it got closer. I have a great price $154 for Standard by using the Costco code and AA coupon, but I always want a better price. I'll keep trying every day. :wizard:

I agree it seems that prices are going up when you think they would be coming down. Especially for a trip like yours that is so close. Ours isn't until about mid-October and I was able to grab an amazing rate with Dollar last week when their prices were crazy low for 24 hours. However I keep checking as well just out of curiosity. I hope the rates come down for everyone who is still in need of a decent deal.

Check hot deals on Alamo, with the Costco code, and it has minivans for 264 tax in... with just the 7014627 and the AD2359fdf it is 654.
Not seeing anyone else close

Check hot deals on Alamo, with the Costco code, and it has minivans for 264 tax in... with just the 7014627 and the AD2359fdf it is 654.
Not seeing anyone else close

Can you provide a link to this? I do not need a minivan, but wanted to check the price for a standard car. I checked alamo's website, but was not sure where to go for the hot deals.

Thanks.

When you go to the alamo site, there is a reg tab kind looks like a luggage tag, says hot deals.
You have to pick the airport your leaving from, it has last minute deals up to the 17th.

When you go to the alamo site, there is a reg tab kind looks like a luggage tag, says hot deals.
You have to pick the airport your leaving from, it has last minute deals up to the 17th.

Gotcha. We leave after the 17th. I was there, just wasn't sure what link to click on. Last minute.

Thanks!

Grabbed the cheap great flight prices when Allegiant flew out of our local airport to Sanford.
The Minivan was pricey, about $400 back then, had to break down out of Sanford $499, for a minivan tonight.

That was Alamo, with the member, some reason the AARP rate went up to $600 a week and day,
Guess I can keep looking or save a bit by prepaying. I am not a Cosco member, Just; AAA, AARP, SAMs, Quick Silver or what ever they call it now.

I guess it is not just Sanford, must be MCO too? Getting close to Columbus Day break for kids.

Costco's Budget is now much cheaper than Alamo's, but I've been reading about horror stories about Budget at MCO. I'm keeping both reservations as I don't think they will charge me if I let one expire.

I just wanted to say thanks for the codes and tips in here. We picked up our Alamo rentals yesterday (traveling with friends). We both switched our full size to standard size, 9 days for $150. We got to Alamo and my friend & I went out the full size aisle while our DHs went to the rental counter. The full size lot had a bunch of minivans in it. I would say at least 8. We both got nice Town & Country vans.

We drove to Disney, checked in and hopped back in our vans to go to DTD where DH realized the passenger side door was infested with ants. Not just a few but everywhere coming out of the inside of the door. :crazy2: We finally got ahold of Alamo and they told us to go to the nearest Alamo to switch it out. We went to the Plaza one by DTD where they gave us a Dodge Caravan and told us to go to the MK Car Care center and get a new Town & Country if we wanted so we did that bc they are much nicer than the Caravan.

All in all, great customer service and I love the T&C van! Thanks again!!!

alicia080979 said:
I just wanted to say thanks for the codes and tips in here. We picked up our Alamo rentals yesterday (traveling with friends). We both switched our full size to standard size, 9 days for $150. We got to Alamo and my friend & I went out the full size aisle while our DHs went to the rental counter. The full size lot had a bunch of minivans in it. I would say at least 8. We both got nice Town & Country vans.

We drove to Disney, checked in and hopped back in our vans to go to DTD where DH realized the passenger side door was infested with ants. Not just a few but everywhere coming out of the inside of the door. :crazy2: We finally got ahold of Alamo and they told us to go to the nearest Alamo to switch it out. We went to the Plaza one by DTD where they gave us a Dodge Caravan and told us to go to the MK Car Care center and get a new Town & Country if we wanted so we did that bc they are much nicer than the Caravan.

What specific code did you use?

OK, gross to the ant part, but seriously....Mini vans in the full size aisle?

Yes, mini vans do appear on the different rows now and then, sometimes even on compact. Depends on a lot of factors. Low on Full size cars but have a lot of mini vans, put the mini vans ont the full size row.
As to the ants, renters often leave a lot of food/garbage in the vans and the ants just hop on in.

Just booked with Dollar for Sept 19-25, Lock Low & Go (compact or larger) for $111 (all taxes and fees). Use code 76892 for 10% off, Discover also has 5% cashback.

ALAMO-specific question:

Does anyone know if I can transfer a reservation from one Alamo Insiders member to another? I got a good rate for my inlaws several weeks ago and reserved it under our Insiders number. Now I have their driver info and signed them up for their own Insiders account, but when I attempt to modify the information online, it will let me change the name but not the Insiders acct number. I will call tomorrow or Monday to see if they can do it over the phone; just wondered if anyone had any experience with this? I do hope we're not stuck with a higher rate because it can't be transferred. :confused:

ALAMO-specific question:

Does anyone know if I can transfer a reservation from one Alamo Insiders member to another? I got a good rate for my inlaws several weeks ago and reserved it under our Insiders number. Now I have their driver info and signed them up for their own Insiders account, but when I attempt to modify the information online, it will let me change the name but not the Insiders acct number. I will call tomorrow or Monday to see if they can do it over the phone; just wondered if anyone had any experience with this? I do hope we're not stuck with a higher rate because it can't be transferred. :confused:

You cannot change the name online. Just tried and it will change the first name, but, not the last. Have you tried making a new reservation? Might be less expensive. You never know. They are open 24/7/365 on the reservation line, so, you can call anytime. Let us know how it works out for you.

We have rented from Alamo for the last 5 years (2-3 trips per year). I always rent a midsize or standard. Only twice have we not gotten a minivan or SUV. One time we really only wanted a car (just 3 of us with minimal luggage) and the other time only fullsize were in the fullsize row. So it happens more than you think!

I have reservations with both Alamo and National for roughly the same price ($190) for a full size car for 8 days. Which company would you pick?

We also will be traveling with a 1 and 3 year old. We don't need a minivan but definitely would pick one if it was on the full size row. Do you think one of these companies would be more likely to have a minivan on the full size row? We arrive into MCO on tuesday 9/25 at 8:30 am. Thanks for any input!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter