• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept 2012 car rental......

lovesny said:
Do you have to show your Costco card at the counter if you rent thru alamo and us the Costco code?

I never have had to but there's always a chance u may.

now things are starting to move :cheer2: Alamo Standard Sept 7-15.. BCD 7015309 coupon AD2359FDF (costco) $136.42

My alamo standard car rental went down 5 more dollars today. At this rate it will be free by the time my trip rolls around!

Am I the only lunatic that has more vehicles reserved than people in my family... ha ha

I really want something bigger than a car, but I REALLY love my car price.

Standard SUV prices came way down today for my dates, but they still are $150 more than the car, so that's either $150 more in my pocket or my airmiles account if I stick with the car... It's a tough call!

We are flying southwest, so If I rent a big enough vehicle I can essentially pack whatever we want for the trip. If I gow with the car I have to be a lot more carefull what we pack... decisions decisions!

If I reserve a car with Enterprise can it be cancelled out if I find a better deal on another site? Or company? If deals are starting to pop up i'd like to start saving cheaper deals. Vans seem harder to find deals on.

Can I as a Canadian book on the US Costco website - if I am a member here. If I book from the Canada site it is 465 for the van, if I book through the US it is 288

If I reserve a car with Enterprise can it be cancelled out if I find a better deal on another site? Or company? If deals are starting to pop up i'd like to start saving cheaper deals. Vans seem harder to find deals on.

you can cancelled as often as you want..

Can I as a Canadian book on the US Costco website - if I am a member here. If I book from the Canada site it is 465 for the van, if I book through the US it is 288

good questions, here's the link.. give it a shot.

http://www.costcotravel.com/#0

good luck to you :)

edit: why don't you just book thru Enterprise, Alamo etc.. and use the Costco codes ?? you can get them directly off the Costco website.

my rental has dropped 5 dollars each the last 2 days. i am now down to 254 for a full size for sept 15-30

Hi All -

My dates are Sept 26th - Oct 3rd. I really really really do not want to get a rental at MCO as I am traveling alone with my 2 year old son and the ease of ME is what I need. But to pickup at Swan or car care right now is $218 vs. $100 at MCO.

Any tips on how to get onsite cheaper?

Hi All -

My dates are Sept 26th - Oct 3rd. I really really really do not want to get a rental at MCO as I am traveling alone with my 2 year old son and the ease of ME is what I need. But to pickup at Swan or car care right now is $218 vs. $100 at MCO.

Any tips on how to get onsite cheaper?

Read the august car reental thread they've found a great deal, the dates may extend... they may not but it's worth aa shot.... it's several pages into the thread and uses kayak

My mid size SUV just went down $25 ( 11 day rental) Alamo with costco code

I just got a Full Size car from Alamo for 7 days at the end of September for only $120 including all fees. I used the Costco code 7014627 and coupon code AD2359FDF

DOes anyone know the actual code for Enterprise? I tried finding one, but its only for a 10 day rental?

How is everyone getting these great rates with alamo? I used the codes on here and my convertable is $755.44 and the econnomy is $441.40. The best I have found is National for $449 including taxes and insurance!

How is everyone getting these great rates with alamo? I used the codes on here and my convertable is $755.44 and the econnomy is $441.40. The best I have found is National for $449 including taxes and insurance!
For me I just went thru motions.I know connvertables were on high side when I looked. Eccomany I don't know might be your dates or some strange thing. are you picking up/dropping on half hour?

I just got a Full Size car from Alamo for 7 days at the end of September for only $120 including all fees. I used the Costco code 7014627 and coupon code AD2359FDF

Hey Thanks Island Mouse, Saved a few more dollars than the Visa code.:thumbsup2:cool1::cool1::cool1:

It could also be where you are picking up, when you last checked your prices, or how long you will have the car. Convertibles are almost always more than the regular car. I did actually find last Feb that the convertible was cheaper than the economy for about a week. I booked it and had a 2012 Ford Mustang Convertible for 5 days for $125!

Island Mouse said:

Do you need to show the Costco card when picking up? And what coupon code is that? Do you need the "coupon" when picking up? Thanks!

Do you need to show the Costco card when picking up? And what coupon code is that? Do you need the "coupon" when picking up? Thanks!
I never have had to shoe costco card and coupon is from American airlines ff but I swear I saw code somwwhere else in an email to me from alamo or something.

Down to $135 for Sept 28-10/6 using Costco code and American Airlines coupon for a standard(full size).

Right now I am keeping my VISA reservation at $154 because we do not have a Costco card and I am a bit nervous about using that code. Hoping by the trip a VISA or Insiders code beats it. I always use the kiosk and never have been asked to show a coupon/membership, but still makes me a tad hesitant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter