Sept 2012 car rental......

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by jgraney106, Apr 29, 2012.

1. DisneyLandMan

DisneyLandMan Mouseketeer

I just reserved a Standard through Payless for $116.02 after taxes and fees without using any codes at all for 8 days, 9/19 til 9/26. Any feedback on this deal? Seems good to me, I am just curious why it is so low.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. keliblue

keliblue <font color=blue>It's kinda like a constant bad ha

Don't be sad, aren't you seeing a trend here ?? at 3 weeks out that was what I was being quoted, around 600+ :sad1: Now I'm under one week out and rates are comin down.. book, book and rebook :groom:

4. poppypetal

poppypetal Mouseketeer

Do you get a 2nd driver with Avis?
    I have a 2nd driver with Enterprise right now, at 228 including taxes. But if I can get better then I'm still trying :D Just not sure what Avis includes. And is it unlim. miles?

5. keliblue

keliblue <font color=blue>It's kinda like a constant bad ha

WOW !! your sitting on a great rate, not sure about Avis

6. cantwaitvaca09

cantwaitvaca09 DIS Veteran

How did you get that rate? Is it on a mini van? I'm at $230 with dollar, but the reviews here make me nervous.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

7. poppypetal

poppypetal Mouseketeer

I found a link for costco member - you have to have an actual card# to be able to reserve. I found that quote by fluke one day during all my checking, that was about 6 weeks ago I found it, and haven't seen it beyond 250 since. if your a Costco member I can post the link again

8. cantwaitvaca09

cantwaitvaca09 DIS Veteran

My company has a costco card.
    you need your costco # to book? Yes please post link
    Thanks

9. poppypetal

poppypetal Mouseketeer

I found a link for costco member - you have to have an actual card# to be able to reserve. I found that quote by fluke one day during all my checking, that was about 6 weeks ago I found it, and haven't seen it beyond 250 since. if your a Costco member I can post the link again

10. staceyeid

staceyeid Mouseketeer

Rates appear to be down across the board for early September rentals. Still not as good as the deal I booked back in July but better than the $400+ I was seeing last week.

Best deal I can get on Alamo is still using Costco ID 7014627 and AA Coupon AD2359FDF. Requires you to have a Costco card though and I'll be printing out a free AA card as well. $302 out the door for a minivan 9/6 - 9/15. I'm sticking with my July reservation of $273.25. Will keep checking though :)

11. PixieDustFanatic

PixieDustFanatic Mouseketeer

My reservation for an economy car with Alamo is at $172.99 for 9/20-10/1. I used the AA coupon code and my insider's code

12. mykidsrock76

mykidsrock76 Mouseketeer

I was able to book a standard with Alamo 9/13-9/22 for $140.

Is that a good rate? It's the cheapest I've found so far. If anyone knows a way to get a better rate, please share with me. Because any $$$ saved is a great thing!!

Also, did I read correctly that there are no standards at MCO and that if I book a standard I actually get a full-size. There will be 2 adults and 2 children. The only luggage we will have is a carry-on each plus a couple smaller bags. We don't need anything too big and there's no reason to pay for more than we need.

13. candy0730

candy0730 DIS Veteran

You are correct about there not being a standard size at MCO so you can pick from the full size.

What ID and/or coupons did you use to get that rate? I am getting $179 before taxes for 9/15-9/22 using my insider ID.

14. poppypetal

poppypetal Mouseketeer

15. poppypetal

poppypetal Mouseketeer

I have a code for National but not sure what they are for lol, but they are giving me a price of 336.
    Alamo is giving me a price of 656
    Avis is 656

16. poppypetal

poppypetal Mouseketeer

I have a code for National but not sure what they are for lol, but they are giving me a price of 336.
    Alamo is giving me a price of 656
    Avis is 656

17. Robin Rocks

Robin Rocks Earning My Ears

I just checked Enterprise again for me and it's gone up $4 since last night! I'm glad I'm reserved already and that they are price matching my local Hertz.

18. Lilo&Stitch

Lilo&Stitch Mouseketeer

I just posted this on the October thread but thought it might help you September travelers too !

Rates for my dates in late October are still high, but I have also been looking for my friends who are going the beginning of October, just got them a 7 day rental (Compact) at Dollar using KISS2 for a total (including taxes) of $154, this is the best i've found so far ! the larger vehicles were priced similarly !

This was even cheaper than the city special

19. poppypetal

poppypetal Mouseketeer

Thanks just tried it out, gave me 260 for Dollar.

20. mykidsrock76

mykidsrock76 Mouseketeer

If you go back a couple pages you'll find a post by me asking about a certain coupon code around 8/30. I'm sorry but I cannot remember exactly what it was. Anyway, that's the code I used.

21. gmeh1

gmeh1 DIS Veteran

They do not have a standard area at MCO for Alamo/National, however, they do have standard cars, they just mix them with the full size cars. If you book a standard size car, you will be directed to the full size area.