• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept. 2009 @ WDW! Be a Pop Tart 2009~come share your(Bounce Back or NOT)Dates !!!

My friend decided to go with us to Disney she knows she cant get free dining but she's trying to get a Value room for 9/19-26/09 same as us but nothing so far ... Anyone know why we cant book online for ASMovies????? IS IT REALLY COMPLETELY BOOKED????:confused3

Hi Lisa, All Star Sports had FD avail from the 11th-25th. I know those aren't exact dates but she could book on line & call to modify dates before final payment is due. It is cutting it close but might be worth a shot. Good luck.

Diva K-what was your response?:rotfl:
Hugs to everyone & extra to SG. Thanks for encouraging words on the house hunt. We should be ready to put up for sale sing next week, just in time for school to start:eek:
Great day all:goodvibes

We should be ready to put up for sale sing next week, just in time for school to start

So Bonz, in other words your house will be for sale for a song? :rotfl: I wish you all the best. IMO, folks talk about housing prices being down and it being a bad time to sell but I figure that if you get less for YOUR home you will probably be paying less for the new home so it will be a wash, at the least. One thing for sure you will have lots of choices in your new abode and accommodating real estate agents. BTW, am I the only one who notices that on some of those real estate shows the agents complain about having to show more than a couple of houses? I have done the math and for what they earn on commission they would be making hundreds, if not more, on each house shown at that rate.:scared1:

Diva K, I am proud of you. It will do Miss Mary and family good to suffer to see you and yours walk into a restaurant while they are left languishing because of the lack of room. I know that you and your kind heart will not take pleasure from that though. Be strong, it is for her own good. :goodvibes

samrutster, Miss Lucy and I checked out Night's of Joy when we were there last year and decided that the quality of the entertainment was not worth the added cost for us. You could check out who the acts are going to be and then decide for yourself. I have not found any of the venues, Halloween Party, Christmas Party, included, to be worth the cost because of the crowds and lack of much of anything 'new' or 'different' but others feel otherwise. BTW, it is considered a bit rude to type in uppercase. It is considered yelling. Not that some of us who are older might not mind larger type or louder volume.:rotfl:

Lisa, I am sorry you are having a bad day but it is nice that Mickey was able to help you out with something. Do you know that you can get another phone and switch sim cards? At least that is how my grandson explains it to me when he gets a 'new' phone every few days or so. A cow ate one of his. His dad ran over one with the school bus. Interesting family huh?

TB, I am full of stories without being full of margaritas. It is not a moral thing why I do not drink but the fact that I fall asleep after a few sips, I am a very easy drunk and having a hangover the next day ruins the fun for me. I have no problem with others imbibing a few, as long as they are not going to drive afterward. Can be downright entertaining in fact. :banana:

How sweet, a shy poopy puppy. If I ever got over my fear of animals I think I could easily fall in love with them. If both ends work, in humans or animals that is a good sign that anything wrong in between is fixable.

Grandson delivered my BD present last night and assembled it too. I told hm about my research and how a 62 year old man had bragged that he was able to put the chair together in 'only' 1.5 hours. GS asked me to time him and I thought he was referring to me paying him by the hour for his work. He said "No", he just wanted to beat the old man's record. Took him a mere 15 minutes and that because he made a minor mistake and had to redo one thing. Chair is beautiful and so much easier for me to get into and out of. I had been using an old swivel chair, very low. I can now reach the keyboard. Life is good.

Linda/SG

Bonz, pixiedust:on selling the house. I love looking at them, but hate trying to keep them clean to sell.

SG, we have always looked at 20-30 houses to find one we like. I can't imagine looking at 100. I worked for a real estate agent a long time ago and learned I would never be one unless I had other income coming in. I could never work on commission only; and they pay for the advertising on any houses they list, along with all of the licenses they have to have.

Here's a funny story. My DMIL came with me househunting in Texas. We went in one house that the family stayed in the house. We sat outside a few minutes while they got ready for us. Well, I go in one bathroom and opened a cabinet door which was for the built in laundry cabinet. Found out later the daughter wasn't dressed and instead of getting dressed, she hid in that cabinet. :rotfl2:I didn't see her, thankfully or I probably would have screamed. We still talk about "Hampergirl!"

Oh, and Jonas' cousin learned not to hide things in the oven. She threw a plastic bowl in the oven and forgot about it until it had melted later on.

And SG how exciting about your new chair!

Diva K, I sincerely hope that you do not help Miss Mary with her proposed plans. We learn by experience and not so much when others pick up after us. I much prefer more days at DW to going on a cruise, even Disney.

I had a colorful life in the years between being 15 and 21. I was too young to work legally for many years so I worked at a lot of odd things. Nothing illegal though. Okay, being a bartender under 21 was a tad bit wrong but I think everyone knew what was what and since I was not a drinker or troublemaker I got away with it. :rotfl: My parents lent me $35 and gave me a bus ticket when I graduated from HS. Oldest of 8 and they needed more room in the nest.

JM, I love all the shows you listed. I prefer the ones for super cheap or super expensive homes. My favorite has to be when the show the million dollar tiny apartments in NYC. I love seeing how in the world they make a three room apartment out of 250 sq ft, the size of one of my rooms. The dippy people that pass on a house with great bones and location because they do not like the color of a wall just tickle me to pieces. I prefer not to go back and visit any house that I once lived in. It is personal with me. I put too much of my blood, sweat and tears into where I live and I have lived in this house for over 33 years, more than half my life. How is Constanze's appetite and bathroom habits doing? Those seem to be the two most important things IMO. Bet that Jacob will imprint his next game. If he had done so with the other one he might have asked to see the other boy's second game and been able to point out the fact that it was his. Maybe someone might have been embarrassed, but probably not. I am the sort to ask my kids where they got things.

Plumbers are here working away. Hearing some knocking on the wall, hope nothing untoward is going on. I am not able to get up and down the basement stairs very easily. I did check the model number before they took it down. The difference in energy ratings means that this model will pay for itself in the projected 10 year lifespan. I hope.

SG

Hey SG,

We had a possible tenant who turned down the apartment because she couldn't figure out what curtains she's use in the livingroom..because the livingroom had 5 windows in it! :headache:

People are strange when it comes to where they live at times!

We had a possible tenant who turned down the apartment because she couldn't figure out what curtains she's use in the livingroom..because the livingroom had 5 windows in it!

Yep, WIC, some folks just do not have any imagination. This house was pretty much devoid of personality, until I moved into it. :rotfl: It really is location, location, location. Anything else, almost, can be changed.

JM, I have friends who are real estate agents. Along with everything else you mention they also have so many social things that they have to attend, pay for, donate too etc. etc. etc. Dressing well, driving a nice car, living in an upscale house. I guess if you are going to do those things anyway and enjoy them it might not be so bad but it sure would not suit me. I would be a better 'flipper'. :goodvibes Hampergirl was more scared than you would have been. :rotfl:I prefer not to be at home when folks look at my house and I prefer that folks not be at home when I look at their house. Houses are awfully personal and feelings can be hurt.

Yep, new chair is as exciting as it gets around here and that is just fine with me.

SG

HAVING A MUCH BETTER DAY
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:
We got my friend added to our vacation her, her BF, her son and we all got FREE UPGRADES to Saratoga Springs!!! 1 bedroom and 1 studio
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

I WAS LITERALLY JUMPING UP AND DOWN ANNNNNDDDDD I SHOULD HAVE MY REPLACEMENT PHONE THIS AFTERNOON ...... WHHHHOOOOOHHHHHOOOOO

Lisa and WIC, congrats! How do you do that? I have never been given an upgrade. I am sort of hoping it might happen in December as that is Pop Warner week and they might need the room. I would love to stay at OKW but not having a real food court might be a bit of a problem. It is the only resort that I have not been to that I think I would like to try.

As far as not being able to get the dates/resort that you want, my advice is to keep on trying. Openings come up every day and the closer to time the more likely. I can remember trips when I had to call several times a day for a couple of weeks at a time

I am thinking of going ahead and adding an additional week to our December trip when, and if, the Visa offer opens up. Friday is the day, supposedly.

SG

HAVING A MUCH BETTER DAY
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:
We got my friend added to our vacation her, her BF, her son and we all got FREE UPGRADES to Saratoga Springs!!! 1 bedroom and 1 studio
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

I WAS LITERALLY JUMPING UP AND DOWN ANNNNNDDDDD I SHOULD HAVE MY REPLACEMENT PHONE THIS AFTERNOON ...... WHHHHOOOOOHHHHHOOOOO

:cool1::cool1::thumbsup2:cool1::cool1:

I am thinking of going ahead and adding an additional week to our December trip when, and if, the Visa offer opens up. Friday is the day, supposedly.

SG

:cloud9:popcorn:::thumbsup2:hug:

I just got a free upgrade to OKW from POP for our vacation in September! :thumbsup2 :woohoo:

We got my friend added to our vacation her, her BF, her son and we all got FREE UPGRADES to Saratoga Springs!!!
Congrats you lucky Pop Tarts...hmmm but neither of you are ACTUALLY staying @Pop?!:scratchin
Please share the details...I've read on other threads that first time guests @Pop were getting free upgrades to a moderate...we've stayed @Pop 3xs and have never been bumped even to a preferred room :headache:

Congrats you lucky Pop Tarts...hmmm but neither of you are ACTUALLY staying @Pop?!:scratchin
Please share the details...I've read on other threads that first time guests @Pop were getting free upgrades to a moderate...we've stayed @Pop 3xs and have never been bumped even to a preferred room :headache:

Tell me about it! I even called today to ask about the free upgrades to SSR or OKW, and was told it was a completely random, computer generated thing and we'd get an email if we were eligible. Hmph! So how did you all get those upgrades?

Tell me about it! I even called today to ask about the free upgrades to SSR or OKW, and was told it was a completely random, computer generated thing and we'd get an email if we were eligible. Hmph! So how did you all get those upgrades?

I was told I received it because I was at an All Star Resort and because I was paid in full however that's what the CM told me not sure if its the truth or just something to get me to move on....
:scared1:I was a little shocked but it was free so i was :woohoo: happy

I got an email, but lisa may have a point, we were paid in full for POP. But Nancy got the same email yesterday too, and she cancelled her ressie last week. :confused3

OKW doesn't have a food court??? So Olivia's is considered table services?? Kellie chose the resort, because we went to SSR last year.

:cheer2:Wic and Lisa. Too cool. So that is why I don't get upgraded, mine is never paid for in advance.:laughing: I guess with the value's being booked up they wanted to open some of those rooms. I'll keep the paid in full in mind. I told Jonas last night it would be our luck to get upgraded when we have that pirate room.

SG, you are correct about all of the other expenses for agents. The guy I worked for tried to get me to get my license, but we were newly married and didn't have a lot of money. Our enjoyment was a local bowling alley that offered 3 games of bowling, a hamburger, fries, and coke for $5.

Got a question for you Pro's. On photopass, I have already prepaid for the CD, told my BFF I was doing so. Emailed her the account info and she still uploaded the pics in her own account, will they merge the two accounts? I don't even have some of the pictures, I let her put them on her card. Guess I didn't explain it well enough to her. Haven't even informed her of the problem yet.

Linda, just realized my typo:lmao:Guess I better put spell check to use. Visa offer is out, did you extend your trip? We will be there the first week in Dec, but I don't have a DV. Did book with the 40% off code, so for 2 rooms at ASM w/ dining(all adults) it is alittle over 1000.00. Not bad, but free dining works out better for us. Hope to see you:cutie:

Wic-Olivias is TS @OKW & it is wonderful. There is a small CS avail, with usual fare-burgers,chix, nothing outstanding.

Thanks for PD on house. We got news yesterday on another one I am interested in. It is a foreclosure and should be on the market in 2/3 weeks. Hope it is everything inside that we want:woohoo:

DS#2 has allstar tournaments all weekend. The games are 60 miles from here, one way. Not looking forward to this:scared1: Great weekend to all:hippie:

Man, things are hopping round these parts and so much good news about DW upgrades and deals and such.

I am crunching numbers and I would save a mere $105.34 between 14 days with the room only discounts, using my one day tickets toward the 10 days ones I plan to buy and the 14 day QSDP. Not sure the savings is worth it with my possibly having to cancel. I think I would lose $200 if I cancel within the 45 day window. Numbers are not my forte. :teacher: Either way it still ends up being less than $2,000 for the two week vacation and that is my budget.

Bonz, they should be coming out with general public codes for FD soon. Just sit and wait a bit. You will be at DW when I plan to be there. Meet you at a pool?:woohoo:

WIC, I echo Bonz's appraisal of the food options at OKW. Of course you do have the advantage of being able to keep some food and even prepare it in your room for breakfast or late night snack. You can always eat in the park before coming back or if you have a car there are loads of options not too far from your resort.

JM, back in the day when I could have used it I was never offered free park tickets or food but now that I no longer NEED it I get such offers often. Usually when I have an AP and FD. :rotfl: I am with you on cheap entertainment. My only splurge is for Broadway shows. :woohoo:

I would enjoy the upgrade to SSR cause I could take the boat over to Puck's every single day. :yay:

I hope everyone gets what they want. Especially if it means you will be there when I am. How I would enjoy that!:love:

SG

Make that $205.34 saved. Evidently I cannot subtract. :rotfl:

I have children so I guess I can multiply though.:rotfl2:

SG

SG, if I understand correctly, with a room only would you still lose $200 cancelling within the 45 day window. I don't know if this was because I am an ap holder, but when I just booked the room only, I was told I had a 5 day window to cancel since it was room only, not the 45 day. Hope that made since.

I've emailed Photopass so hopefully they will merge my BFF's pics to mine. Keeping my fingers crossed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter