• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept. 2009 @ WDW! Be a Pop Tart 2009~come share your(Bounce Back or NOT)Dates !!!

I agree with M&N about the TX house not my taste.

M&N you used to live in the suburbs of Chicago right? That house would cost a lot more money in Oak Park than it does in TX. I bed they would get at least a half million in Oak Park if not more. I bet the taxes would be about $20,000 or more a year as well. Prices just exploded in cost here during the housing boom and still need to go down a lot more to make them affordable. I am sure people who bought houses during the boom would hate to hear me say that.

Kristin, are there many ranch houses in that area? Just curious. On our drive to and from Orlando we noticed the different housing styles in different areas. I was surpised to see in the Orlando area where you would have big mansions with rickety mobile homes sitting behind them. Some areas just had every kind of house right next to each other.

Hi Ladies!!!

We got back today. Boy I've missed a lot. Timmy, sorry the date didn't go well. I would have been the same way. I remember thinking that I liked one guy in college, but when he made fun of my dog, he was out of there. I wonder if Match.com has a category for Disney people.:rotfl2:

Ang, I took your comment wrong also about moving to TX also. Don't know how I missed it. But, TX gets cold also. Not as cold as where you are, but a lot colder than it does here. Maybe in South Texas.

SG, I'm sorry to hear your son was so close but yet so far. :hug:

Kris, I think I like that house, but not sure about the kitchen colors. But out of my price range also.

MARGARITA'S!!! Love them. I like Italian ones the most. Just add some Amaretto.

Bonz, sorry you cancelled your trip.

TB, ADR's, love them and hate them. More on that later.

I hope I didn't get anyone confused.

Trip was nice. Didn't fall in love with Universal. Liked it, especially being able to bypass all the lines with that resort key, but it just wasn't Disney. Same for Busch Gardens.

We so enjoyed having Kara here. We missed her at WDW. Hopefully she will come back soon.

Had a great time with the BFF and her family. Never found Jacob's DS, checked one last time before we left.

Not sure how Constanze is doing. She ate and didn't get sick, which is good. The kennel thinks it was the antibiotic the vet prescribed, so I will call them tomorrow to see what they want to do. (M&N, thanks for the link, I'll check it out more.)

Since Constanze got sick we had been trying to figure out whether to spend Labor Day weekend at WDW as previously planned. When we got home I looked online and a AP room only discount was being offered, so I switched from the free dining where we had to purchase one day tickets for all of us to a room only deal. Still have the pirate room for Jacob and I think it will be nice to relax and not rush for ADR's. Oh, and went ahead and renewed the AP's since the CM said he didn't know when rates would go up, but based on history we should go ahead and do it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!

Melissa,
So good to have you back but sad your vacation is over. Glad you got to spend this time with Kara. Did you call lost and found to see if they found Jacobs DS? Was his name and phone number on it? That really stinks that you couldn't find it. I have a heart attack when Will looses games let alone the whole game.

I have determined my body does good with temperatures between 70-90 degrees so I think it is either Hawaii or Aruba for me. lol

I thought about you when Kristin posted something about the subdivision that house was in having the name of Jonas. Perfect for you and DH.

Okay so I have been bored out of my mind and planning isn't helping and time seems to be dragging .... so do I want to start a Pre-Trip Thread or not???:rolleyes:

OOOO, pretty! How about this:

•"Las Canarias restaurant known for the finest hand-made margaritas on the River Walk". :teeth:

Of course, I've never had a margarita..true, absolutely true!

sounds Yummy!!!! but wait a minute ??!! hand made ??? isnt it all margarita are hand made and hand serve ???

Hi Ladies!!!

We got back today. Boy I've missed a lot. Timmy, sorry the date didn't go well. I would have been the same way. I remember thinking that I liked one guy in college, but when he made fun of my dog, he was out of there.

I will even settle for bellini's!!!!!

keep trying on Jacobs DS... one CM explained that lost and found item usually ends up at their lost and found staion if after a 2 weeks they get sent to another station and every 30 days they get bag and get to the big lots lost and found. if nobody calls for them or no match from any callers they either get donated for charity or placed in the flea market type for CMs area

I knew that Ang was kidding, or at least dreaming. For those of you on tight budgets I have a solution to your yearning for warm winter weather. I have a friend who has her mobile up for sale in a wonderful community near Clearwater. It is under 40K and completely furnished and renovated. Walking distance to most everything and so close to DW! PM me for info if you are interested. I plan to move there, if I am still standing. :goodvibes

M&N, not all drinks are handmade, they have mixes in a bottle. In spite of not being a drinker and never having had a margarita I once was a bartender. Until I turned legal and it took all the fun out of it. :rotfl:

JM, after reading all the wonderful reports of lost items being returned at DW I did not have that experience at all when Miss Lucy lost my car key. $300 to replace. :scared1: A key is much smaller than a game though. I am sorry you had it happen. I had a boyfriend say something about my mom one time. Goodbye boyfriend.

Diva K, I watch "Househunters" a lot and love that show. I was surprised to see that Texas housing seemed to be so very affordable. Having the best house in a neighborhood is never a good thing and especially in this financial climate. BTW, I heard, have not verified, that some houses in Celebration are now going for a mere 200K compared to the nearly million dollar mark a couple of years ago. Let's see, if we all go in together what would may share be? :woohoo:

Welcome home to everyone else and yes, a pre trip report is a good thing. Ever compare a pre trip and a post trip? Hey, other than going to DW the next best thing is the planning and dreaming.

My grandson is going to be in town picking out his class ring this evening so he has promised to go by and pick up my BD present. I bought that fancy desk chair I have been looking at. Broyhill, leather and beautiful. Fits my booty well also. :rotfl: Got $80 off. Also Lowe's will be delivering and installing the right hot water heater either today or tomorrow. I was getting tired of dealing with that.

Thank you for the kind words. I am going to work hard today and think of something else to keep what sanity I have left.

Raining like crazy here so I had better log off before I have to buy a new computer too.

SG

I thought about you when Kristin posted something about the subdivision that house was in having the name of Jonas. Perfect for you and DH.

I think living in a subdivision with Jonas' name would be too much Jonas for me.:rotfl:

Okay so I have been bored out of my mind and planning isn't helping and time seems to be dragging .... so do I want to start a Pre-Trip Thread or not???:rolleyes:

Did you start one? I love reading TR and PTR's. Trying to catch up on everyone's now.

keep trying on Jacobs DS... one CM explained that lost and found item usually ends up at their lost and found staion if after a 2 weeks they get sent to another station and every 30 days they get bag and get to the big lots lost and found. if nobody calls for them or no match from any callers they either get donated for charity or placed in the flea market type for CMs area

We checked at Lost and Found at the TTC 3 times, but I figured I would check again next time we go back. I keep thinking about the boy at Garden Grill with two. One looked like Jacob's and it had what looked like brand new stickers on it, maybe to hide it?:confused3 I'm sort of hoping who ever ended up with it decided to "borrow" it during their vacation and will then leave it behind. Jacob's handling it well. Actually said that we could wait until his birthday in November to replace it.

SG, I love House Hunters also. Also watch Property Virgins. I just like house hunting. You are right about the most expensive house in the neighborhood not being the best idea. I also feel the less expensive isn't good also. My BFF bought the smallest house in a subdivision, her's was $370,000 the rest in the neighborhood were over $700,000. Had it on the market for over a year and still have it. At least now it is rented out.

Another favorite show is Moving Up on TLC, I believe. Where they show people remodeling homes and the previous owner comes in to give their opinion of the remodel. Some of those previous owners and new owners get nasty.

Hope you all are having a great day!

I agree with M&N about the TX house not my taste.
Kris, I think I like that house, but not sure about the kitchen colors. But out of my price range also.
Don't care for the kitchen cabinets or the way she has it decorated but its a nice house...second owners in @5 years...he actually is retired military (he was still active when they bought this house) and got a civilian job in Florida.
Kristin, are there many ranch houses in that area? Just curious. On our drive to and from Orlando we noticed the different housing styles in different areas. I was surprised to see in the Orlando area where you would have big mansions with rickety mobile homes sitting behind them. Some areas just had every kind of house right next to each other.
Yes, in fact four houses across the street from us are ranches...San Antonio is a military town (Air Force, Army) and a lot of retired military decide to return here when they retire because of the weather and cost of living.
sounds Yummy!!!! but wait a minute ??!! hand made ??? isnt it all margarita are hand made and hand serve ???
I will even settle for bellini's!!!!!
LOVE Italian margaritas...the amaretto adds some sweetness to the margarita's tartness. Bellini's are yummy too! :thumbsup2
As SG (former bartender?!?!? We need to have a party and you can make ALL OUR drinks! :laughing: ) explained, a lot margaritas are just from mixes, some can be down right nasty :headache:

Never found Jacob's DS, checked one last time before we left.
Sorry about the DS...we have a rule, no video games while at Disney...not because of your situation (losing it) but because there is so much to do @Disney we don't think our DS needs his video games while we are there :teacher:
Not sure how Constanze is doing.
Please keep us posted on her condition :hug:

Listen to this....yesterday Mary says she regrets canceling their Disney trip because she didn't get enough of a Disney fix on their cruise...today she calls and says shes going to try and get reservations @Pop w/free dining again! :rolleyes:

Diva K, I sincerely hope that you do not help Miss Mary with her proposed plans. We learn by experience and not so much when others pick up after us. I much prefer more days at DW to going on a cruise, even Disney.

I had a colorful life in the years between being 15 and 21. I was too young to work legally for many years so I worked at a lot of odd things. Nothing illegal though. Okay, being a bartender under 21 was a tad bit wrong but I think everyone knew what was what and since I was not a drinker or troublemaker I got away with it. :rotfl: My parents lent me $35 and gave me a bus ticket when I graduated from HS. Oldest of 8 and they needed more room in the nest.

JM, I love all the shows you listed. I prefer the ones for super cheap or super expensive homes. My favorite has to be when the show the million dollar tiny apartments in NYC. I love seeing how in the world they make a three room apartment out of 250 sq ft, the size of one of my rooms. The dippy people that pass on a house with great bones and location because they do not like the color of a wall just tickle me to pieces. I prefer not to go back and visit any house that I once lived in. It is personal with me. I put too much of my blood, sweat and tears into where I live and I have lived in this house for over 33 years, more than half my life. How is Constanze's appetite and bathroom habits doing? Those seem to be the two most important things IMO. Bet that Jacob will imprint his next game. If he had done so with the other one he might have asked to see the other boy's second game and been able to point out the fact that it was his. Maybe someone might have been embarrassed, but probably not. I am the sort to ask my kids where they got things.

Plumbers are here working away. Hearing some knocking on the wall, hope nothing untoward is going on. I am not able to get up and down the basement stairs very easily. I did check the model number before they took it down. The difference in energy ratings means that this model will pay for itself in the projected 10 year lifespan. I hope.

SG

Listen to this....yesterday Mary says she regrets canceling their Disney trip because she didn't get enough of a Disney fix on their cruise...today she calls and says shes going to try and get reservations @Pop w/free dining again! :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

As for the DS in the parks we normally use it during long lines or meals. Jacob gets bored easily and I have him on a lower dosage of his RX right now. Part of the problem with losing the DS. He was so unfocused he completely forgot about it. He normally hands it to me as soon as he turns it off.

SG, guess I missed everything with the water heater, glad it is getting straightened out for you.

As for Constanze, she is eating and as far as I can tell everything is ok. She is a very private doggy and doesn't like me to watch her go to the bathroom. When I go outside with her, she stays beside me and waits for me to go back in. But normally when the stomach is upset she will end up making a mess in the house and so far so good.

some of you are still back in Mouseland and some of us are back gearing to plan the next trip... thank God for Bounce Back Program...

WHAT IS THE BOUNCE BACK PROGRAM? AND HAS ANYONE BEEN TO NIGHTS OF JOY SINCE IT HAS BEEN MOVED TO dhs AND IF SO DO THEY PUT OUT A PROGRAM OF WHERE AND WHEN EACH GROUP IS PREFORMING SO THAT YOU CAN LINE UP FOR YOUR FAVORITE GROUP IN TIME TO GET A SEAT?

No wonder we all get along so well--we're all hooked on home shows! My favorites are House Hunters and Property Virgins. And Linda, I too laugh (or shout) at the folks who criticize the paint or decorating. Duh.

JM--Welcome home! Glad you had such a good time with Kara and your BFF. Sorry Universal wasn't "all that," but at least I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything by sticking with Disney, so thanks for that! :laughing: Even sorrier about the DS--dd left her gameboy on a plane many years ago, so I know how traumatic that can be. The worst part was, it was at the beginning of the vacation, not the end, so we had to live without it for the whole trip. :scared1: Sorriest to hear that Costanze isn't doing better. :hug:

M&N & Linda--Never had a margarita??? :scared1: :faint: You've both led such interesting lives, if we got a couple of margaritas into you around the Pop pool, I'm sure your tales would entertain us well into the wee hours of the morning! :drinking1:hyper2:

Ang--If you go to Hawaii or Aruba, can I come too? ;)

Lisa--PTR! PTR!

Timmy--Welcome home, though as quickly as turn around and go back, you really need a revolving door for your place!

Unbelieveable. Does she realize that even if she can get a resort package reservation, her options for ADR's are going to be pretty sad at this point? Probably not, because you're the one who did all the work getting them last time. Maybe she just thinks they'll be able to piggyback on your ADR's. Some people.

We're off to the zoo to see the Riders in the Sky concert tonight. Should be fun, and I'll get a mini-Disney fix if they perform the "Woody's Roundup" theme song from Toy Story. Have a great night everyone!

Could this day get worse ... yes it probably could but again I'm still having a bad day....

Okay so I am trying not to throw my phone across the room because its broken already maybe it'll fix it (OMG I need a new phone but I am so cheap except for Disney)

And to top off the bad I have had with my phone my 4 DD will not clean her room till I threaten to call Mickey and tell him "Sorry Mickey we wont be coming this year, Aspen won't clean her room."

And as for the PTR I am working on it now trying to come up with a title and I will post ya'll the info soon!

JM, I love all the shows you listed. I prefer the ones for super cheap or super expensive homes. My favorite has to be when the show the million dollar tiny apartments in NYC. I love seeing how in the world they make a three room apartment out of 250 sq ft, the size of one of my rooms. The dippy people that pass on a house with great bones and location because they do not like the color of a wall just tickle me to pieces.
House Hunters (& House Hunters International!)
What you get for the Money
Sell This House

Diva K, I sincerely hope that you do not help Miss Mary with her proposed plans. We learn by experience and not so much when others pick up after us.
Nope
2.gif

Still need answers if anyone is reading this and knows them! Lol DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT NIGHTS OF JOY? HELP!!!!

some of you are still back in Mouseland and some of us are back gearing to plan the next trip... thank God for Bounce Back Program...

WHAT IS THE BOUNCE BACK PROGRAM? AND HAS ANYONE BEEN TO NIGHTS OF JOY SINCE IT HAS BEEN MOVED TO dhs AND IF SO DO THEY PUT OUT A PROGRAM OF WHERE AND WHEN EACH GROUP IS PREFORMING SO THAT YOU CAN LINE UP FOR YOUR FAVORITE GROUP IN TIME TO GET A SEAT?

Bounce Back is while staying at WDW they will offer you a discount on another package if you book another stay before checking out.

I'm sorry but I haven't been to Nights of Joy so can't help you out there. Someone else may be able to.

Unbelieveable. Does she realize that even if she can get a resort package reservation, her options for ADR's are going to be pretty sad at this point? Probably not, because you're the one who did all the work getting them last time. Maybe she just thinks they'll be able to piggyback on your ADR's. Some people.

Just got an email from her...she managed to get 3 nights @All Star Movies...asked if I still had ADRs for 11! :laughing:

My friend decided to go with us to Disney she knows she cant get free dining but she's trying to get a Value room for 9/19-26/09 same as us but nothing so far ... Anyone know why we cant book online for ASMovies????? IS IT REALLY COMPLETELY BOOKED????:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter