Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.10

Our thread for our cruise to Alaska is so quite! Last night as our 90 day window and I remember this thread going crazy at that point...not so much over there. It's ok though, but I'll miss the great group of people we cruised with across the Atlantic.

I'm still looking for a job...I went to a job fair yesterday with no luck. I'm not giving up, though I feel like it at some points.

yes it was some great people on the cruise that was my first cruise and i loved it

i would have loved to do the west bound again this year oh well

good luck with finding a job hopefully it will get better

jay

Hope some of our Alaskan cruisers post some pics! My sister was meant to be on the first Alaska but had to change her plans.

Terry: our thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter.

Just got back from the Alaskan cruise. It was wonderful. But, most importantly Janice and Trevor drove to Skagway to meet us for a visit. It was nice to see them.

Overall the trip was great. Just the usual merchandise problems. Most of the Alaskan items were gone within minutes of the stores opening the first night. Which meant the early diners were out of luck. Now they did have more stock but they just couldn't get it out onto the floor. DCL began to take "orders" but stopped after 12 pages with about 40 lines per page. It then took two days for them to go through the stock and put the orders together. The thing we don't understand was that for the most part the merchandise wasn't dated so it would be available on any other alaskan runs. But, people still needed to run into the store and grab arm fulls of stuff. Oh well, human nature is something we will never understand fully.

Jon

Welcome back. I am glad that you had a good time. It is a shame that they can't seem to get the merchandize situation sorted out. This was a real nightmare on the Panama Canal cruise as well.

Now that I am back from my vacation, I am in full planing mode for our next vacation. This will of course be a very special vacation as this is when we will renew our wedding vows.

This is all shaping up quite nicely. I have now been in touch with the pastor who will do the ceremony and provided the wedding coordinator at Crystal Cathedral with all of our details. I have sorted out most details with the photographer. I found her by Googling photographers in Garden Grove, California and I absolutely love her work. We have been emailing backwards and forwards for the last 2 months and she is an absolute joy to deal with. It will be wonderful to have her take photos on our special day.

I got our new wedding bands while we were in Dubai, so that is another thing to tick off the list. I also bid on the bouquet on Ebay and I hope that I will get it.

Weddingbouquet2.jpg

I am now working on my Fish Extender gifts for our next cruise. Our cruise meet thread for the Mexican Riviera cruise is a select little group so I was able to let my ideas run wild. The materials for most of the projects arrived while I was on vacation so I am now in craft heaven. I did the most work intensive things this morning. A lot of the stuff that I am making takes a while because of the drying time in between, but the work that goes into them is not a great deal. The cabin gifts will take a bit longer, but I will start to work on them next month.

They have also now announced the dates for the Halloween party at Disneyland and I am planning on going twice, once before the cruise and once after. I am hoping that I can convince Graham to come with me for the second one. Of course, now I have to think about costumes as well.

Corinna

I had to share a funny story with you guys...

At my Weight Watcher meeting tonight, our former leader who retired came back to visit. She just returned from a 107 cruise around the world and one of their stops was Mediera (sp). I had told her that if she ever got there she had to take the tobbogan (sp again) ride. Well she did and she screamed the entire way down! LOL! She said that my ears should have been ringing! She did agree with me that it was beautiful and that she was glad she did it. :)

As far as the job search - I sent out four resumes today. It doesn't seem like a lot but the jobs around here are few and far between. I'm hoping something comes from one of them! :)

I had to share a funny story with you guys...

At my Weight Watcher meeting tonight, our former leader who retired came back to visit. She just returned from a 107 cruise around the world and one of their stops was Mediera (sp). I had told her that if she ever got there she had to take the tobbogan (sp again) ride. Well she did and she screamed the entire way down! LOL! She said that my ears should have been ringing! She did agree with me that it was beautiful and that she was glad she did it. :)

As far as the job search - I sent out four resumes today. It doesn't seem like a lot but the jobs around here are few and far between. I'm hoping something comes from one of them! :)

Funny - Becca screamed the whole way down too... Her scream was THIS IS SO COOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!! (over and over...)

Good luck with the job search. We are hiring, but mostly for PM's...

Hope everyone is doing well. Sue, Abby loves texting Stephen. He wants to move to Florida!!!

Amy - so sorry to hear about the job. Darrell is still looking too. I keep saying one day, one day. Hang in there!

Corrina - I was just reading about Crystal Cathedral filing Chapter 11 and thought of you. Let me know if you got the bouquet on E-bay. Loved it! What are you making for your Fish extender for the next cruise??

Abby just finished 8th grade today and considers herself a high schooler now. Little nervous. Won't like not being able to take off and go on any cruise at any time, but I guess that is life.

Miss you all!!!!!

We just got back from an EBTA on RCCL and two weeks of land travel in Germany. Disembarkation at Barcelona took longer than last year on the Magic. But I think that's because last year we bypassed passport control at the port terminal.

Dinner with the thieves . . .

WonderFransicanCrab2.jpg
Nice photo.

Woody

We just got back from an EBTA on RCCL and two weeks of land travel in Germany. Disembarkation at Barcelona took longer than last year on the Magic. But I think that's because last year we bypassed passport control at the port terminal.

Nice photo.

Woody

Hope you have had a lovely cruise. Thanks for the compliment. I will pass along to John. Hope to see you soon.

Corrina - I was just reading about Crystal Cathedral filing Chapter 11 and thought of you. Let me know if you got the bouquet on E-bay. Loved it! What are you making for your Fish extender for the next cruise??

Thanks for mentioning this. I was aware that Crystal Cathedral had gone into Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection last October, but was not aware of the latest news. Still, I don't think that this latest development will impact our vow renewal. If anything, it seems to add some security.

Yes, I got the flowers and love them. Here are some photos of my flowers. While I was taking the photos I noticed the little details at the bottom of the bouquet.

P1000904.jpg

P1000905.jpg

P1000906.jpg

P1000907.jpg

P1000908.jpg

I showed Graham the button holes and at the moment he likes the one with the double rose better:

P1000909.jpg

P1000910.jpg

I can’t make up my mind which I like better.

One of those days I will get around to taking photos of my Fish Extender gifts for the next cruise. As we have a relatively small group, I have been able to really let my creative juices flow and gave gone slightly over the top.

I am doing two gifts for each person and two cabin gifts. For the cabin gifts, I will make a Christmas ornament with various Swarovski elements plus a metal bookmark. Those I have yet to make. For the men, I have made cufflinks with Mickey heads (one red and one black) and I will make Hidden Mickey glass tile magnets. For the girls 11 and up and for the women I have made Princess bag charms similar to this:

P1000088.jpg

For the women I have also made glass tile pendants with Tinkerbell. For the 11 to 14 year old girls I have made smaller glass tile pendants with either Tinkerbell or Ariel and for the 15 to 17 year old girls, I have made Hidden Mickey pendants. The younger girls are getting Mickey head hair clips and bottle cap pendants with some of the Fab 5 characters. All the boys are getting Pirate themed zip pulls and a bottle cap key chain. For the boys up to 10 I have gone with Jungle Book and Toy Story and for the boys 11 year and up I have gone with villains and Nightmare Before Christmas?

Corinna

P1000088.jpg

For the women I have also made glass tile pendants with Tinkerbell. For the 11 to 14 year old girls I have made smaller glass tile pendants with either Tinkerbell or Ariel and for the 15 to 17 year old girls, I have made Hidden Mickey pendants. The younger girls are getting Mickey head hair clips and bottle cap pendants with some of the Fab 5 characters. All the boys are getting Pirate themed zip pulls and a bottle cap key chain. For the boys up to 10 I have gone with Jungle Book and Toy Story and for the boys 11 year and up I have gone with villains and Nightmare Before Christmas?

Corinna

Corinna these are so cute! If you don't mind me asking - where do you get your charms? I was looking for pirate charms and had a heck of a time finding them...

Corinna these are so cute! If you don't mind me asking - where do you get your charms? I was looking for pirate charms and had a heck of a time finding them...

I get most of my charms from Ebay, but I have struggling with pirate charms as well. I went with ship wheel charms and skull beads for my pirate themed zip pulls.

Corinna

Today Mrs. Woody and I went to Disneyland and Disney California Adventure for Annual Passholder previews of Star Tours and The Little Mermaid - Ariel's Undersea Adventure. Both were fab.

Woody

Today Mrs. Woody and I went to Disneyland and Disney California Adventure for Annual Passholder previews of Star Tours and The Little Mermaid - Ariel's Undersea Adventure. Both were fab.

Woody

Star Tours was never really my thing as most simulator rides make me ill, but I can't wait to experience The Little Mermaid - Ariel's Undersea Adventure in September.

Corinna

Star Tours was never really my thing as most simulator rides make me ill . . .
We went on Star Tours twice. The motion simulation is smoother and less extreme than it used to be. The focus is now on the 3D effects.

Woody

We went on Star Tours twice. The motion simulation is smoother and less extreme than it used to be. The focus is now on the 3D effects.

Woody

Glad to hear it's smoother...when Dave and I were on our honeymoon, I almost got sick after Star Tours. I had to sit on a bench for a good 10 minutes before we were able to go into the gift shop! LOL! This getting older is for the birds!

Glad to hear it's smoother...when Dave and I were on our honeymoon, I almost got sick after Star Tours. I had to sit on a bench for a good 10 minutes before we were able to go into the gift shop! LOL! This getting older is for the birds!

Hah! Just wait, doesn't get any easier!!!! :lmao:

Woody

I rode Star Tours 11 times in its soft opening at WDW a couple of weeks ago. It's very good. It's interesting to see all the different scenes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter