Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.10

It would be so lovely if you could stay with us for a few days at some point on your travels.
Who are you cruising with?

No, we are not excited about the royal wedding, they made it a bank holiday but in reality nobody can afford to give anybody time off, my work is not doing it, lens works with the local council and he is not getting time off either, all the kids are off school though.

I had heard that in Scotland many companies will open as normal. In England it is different. Essentially everything that would normally be closed on a bank holiday will be closed that day as well.

Where I work, we are open 365 days a year anyway, but we get paid shift pay for a bank holiday. I actually have the day off and we are flying to Dubai that day. It will be interesting how quiet the airport will be.

Corinna

I had heard that in Scotland many companies will open as normal. In England it is different. Essentially everything that would normally be closed on a bank holiday will be closed that day as well.

Where I work, we are open 365 days a year anyway, but we get paid shift pay for a bank holiday. I actually have the day off and we are flying to Dubai that day. It will be interesting how quiet the airport will be.

Corinna
Youre a lucky devil Corina!
It doesnt surprise me ...........more of an english thing than scottish;)

We have King Salmond:rotfl2:

Youre a lucky devil Corina!
It doesnt surprise me ...........more of an english thing than scottish;)

We have King Salmond:rotfl2:

Actually, I could probably build a strong case that this day should be a public holiday in Germany or in the USA as people there seem to care a lot more about this than most people that I know over here. I have yet to talk to anybody who intends to watch the wedding or do something special for the day. For me it is just fantastic, because the flights are empty so I should have fantastic chances to get on flying standby.

Corinna

Actually, I could probably build a strong case that this day should be a public holiday in Germany or in the USA as people there seem to care a lot more about this than most people that I know over here. I have yet to talk to anybody who intends to watch the wedding or do something special for the day. For me it is just fantastic, because the flights are empty so I should have fantastic chances to get on flying standby.

Corinna

I had to laugh when I read this because just yesterday a bunch of us were talking after watching the news about the Royal Wedding and thought, "those Brits are really into this wedding stuff." I thought it was just the opposite of your thought. It comes on at 4 AM here so nobody I know will be watching it. We couldn't believe all the things Scotland Yard was doing for the "perfect" day. Nice to know that the people of England feel the same way - who is watching then?????:confused3

I had to laugh when I read this because just yesterday a bunch of us were talking after watching the news about the Royal Wedding and thought, "those Brits are really into this wedding stuff." I thought it was just the opposite of your thought. It comes on at 4 AM here so nobody I know will be watching it. We couldn't believe all the things Scotland Yard was doing for the "perfect" day. Nice to know that the people of England feel the same way - who is watching then?????:confused3

Me!!! :woohoo: I love a good British bash. Nobody does it better. Not particularly a Monarchist, nor am I particularly romantic, but I do love things like this.

I know my family in Germany will. If I was currently on talking terms with them, they would be disgusted by the fact that I am on vacation that day and will not watch it. I was in Germany during Prince Edward's wedding and for two days before, on the day and the day after there was literally nothing else on the TV.

Corinna

I know my family in Germany will. If I was currently on talking terms with them, they would be disgusted by the fact that I am on vacation that day and will not watch it. I was in Germany during Prince Edward's wedding and for two days before, on the day and the day after there was literally nothing else on the TV.

Corinna

That is too funny. I will say our media is going crazy over this, but I guess I would rather have them talk about this than something bad or worthless going on. I do want to see her dress, but I will catch that later on. Have fun in Dubai!

That is too funny. I will say our media is going crazy over this, but I guess I would rather have them talk about this than something bad or worthless going on. I do want to see her dress, but I will catch that later on. Have fun in Dubai!

hi

speaking as a brit it is all over the place here i am not much of a royalist, but those two seem ok i think we should skip a generation to the younger generation. They seem more like the normal decent people ... our queen is a hard act to follow I think wils could do it. I do find it interesting that the US press seems to be going more crazy about it than we brits.

I wish them all the best and thanks for the extra day of work

but yeah it does seem all bad news these days its nice to have a good romance story its almost disney like prince marries a commoner (mind you she is a rich commoner) maybe this will raise the nations spirits - we really need it right now

It would be so lovely if you could stay with us for a few days at some point on your travels.
Who are you cruising with?

No, we are not excited about the royal wedding, they made it a bank holiday but in reality nobody can afford to give anybody time off, my work is not doing it, lens works with the local council and he is not getting time off either, all the kids are off school though.

We were lucky here as got the day off due to being government departments. Truth is I'm actually off now for a month due to holiday and then my exams!Can't wait! :cool1:

Cool, my picture is 6 x 4 and on the waiting room wall at work:eek:
Its a bit strange really.

winalot.jpg

The truth is we will all be watching as we love a good wedding! We just don't care enough to get excited! I just wanna see who wears the worse outfit but wont get too as will be driving back from out couple of nights away! Oh well!

Hi

everyone my planning is going well for my round the world trip

had my shots all of them are on the NHS so free - and i do not have to take malaria tablets :cool1:

the thing she did say was i should take a rabies shot for £90 as i am visiting Thailand and Malaysia - everything i have read is i really do not need it

has anyone gone ... and did you take a rabies shot i am mainly sticking to the tourists areas

any advice
jas

Hi

had my shots all of them are on the NHS so free - and i do not have to take malaria tablets :cool1:

the thing she did say was i should take a rabies shot for £90 as i am visiting Thailand and Malaysia - everything i have read is i really do not need it

has anyone gone ... and did you take a rabies shot i am mainly sticking to the tourists areas

any advice
jas

I have never been to either, but I have two colleagues that have been to both. I will check with them if they needed a rabies shot.

Corinna

Sarah - LOVE the picture! Yes, I am with you, the fashion for the wedding is the most interesting. We have beats on what color the Queen will wear. Abby says light blue, I said yellow and my husband says whatever! Men will never like weddings. Hockey, football, basketball, yes, wedding, no.

Noel, doesn't The Wonder come into your part of town this weekend? Let us know!!!

Everyone have a great weekend!

Sarah - LOVE the picture! Yes, I am with you, the fashion for the wedding is the most interesting. We have beats on what color the Queen will wear. Abby says light blue, I said yellow and my husband says whatever! Men will never like weddings. Hockey, football, basketball, yes, wedding, no.

Noel, doesn't The Wonder come into your part of town this weekend? Let us know!!!

Everyone have a great weekend!

Oh I'm going with like a mauve colour lol!

We are not really into " The Royals " but will probably watch it on TV to see what the dress is like and what all the guests are wearing. They do seem like a lovely couple though and they currently live quite close to us on an RAF base on Anglesey ( island off the coast of North Wales ). On the actual day I am driving up to Manchester as my Mum and I are going to see "Dancing on Ice" and so I hope the wedding keeps people at home and the roads are quiet.

Hi

any advice
jas

When I travelled back in the 80s I didn't have rabies shots to visit Thailand, Malaysia, Central America etc . I think I just had typhoid and tetanus. Didn't have malaria tablets either. You must be getting really excited now Jason :yay::yay::yay:

We are not really into " The Royals " but will probably watch it on TV to see what the dress is like and what all the guests are wearing. They do seem like a lovely couple though and they currently live quite close to us on an RAF base on Anglesey ( island off the coast of North Wales ). On the actual day I am driving up to Manchester as my Mum and I are going to see "Dancing on Ice" and so I hope the wedding keeps people at home and the roads are quiet.

When I travelled back in the 80s I didn't have rabies shots to visit Thailand, Malaysia, Central America etc . I think I just had typhoid and tetanus. Didn't have malaria tablets either. You must be getting really excited now Jason :yay::yay::yay:

hi

yeah very excited nearly everything is sorted need to do my usa esta and the australia visa - saving money at the moment

yeah i had tetnas boosta, mmr, hep a and b, dipheria, polio

thanks for the comment all i am reading says its not necessary we had some thai students in the house and they said it was not necessary

jay

Corinna
:thumbsup2
That would be absolutely delightful.

We will be on a 14-night EBTA with Royal Caribbean. Got great deal: $786 + $82 tax pp for an veranda.

Woody
What ship woody? we are sailing on indy of the seas from southampton in octber.
We were lucky here as got the day off due to being government departments. Truth is I'm actually off now for a month due to holiday and then my exams!Can't wait! :cool1:
lucky you
Hi

any advice
jas

You dont really need rabies either Jason,:hug:
just get the dam shot !!

re wedding, I am on hols up north, if it is on in the pub I might watch it:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter