• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.10

Ya think my life can get anymore stressful???

YES!!!!

Just spent the past 6 hours in the ER with Howard:scared1:
Kidney stones got the best of him again.:sad2:
He gets sicker every time.
I think when we get back.. Im finding another Dr to handle this:headache:

OK.... over my rant:rolleyes

Tomorrow... last of the to do list:yay:

chat with ya tomorrow:laughing:

Annie

Gosh, I hope he is feeling better soon, sending pixie dust :wizard:

I got wise to this around thread 4 or 5. I have expected for a days now that this thread might be closed at any time. So whenever I was not able to reply straight away, I multi-quoted, hit reply and then copied and pasted the lot into a blank email or Word document. I did this last night and now I can just hit reply again, copy and paste my multi-quotes into here and start replying.

Aaargghhh, your a smarty pants! I will remember that, Thanks Corinna :goodvibes

Have fun Corinna ...... are you going to Alton Towers ?

Yes, we went to Alton Towers and had a wonderful time. I am too chicken for the big rides, but loved Duel (kind of like a cross between Haunted Mansion and Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin). I did this twice. I also did the log flume, Rapids, Runaway Mine Train, spinning tea cups and - big mistake- the galleon ride. We got so wet on this. It was a great day out.

I'm a little late to the thread - found the original question about the Navigator, but not what it is. Isn't the Navigator the ship's daily newsletter and schedule? Is it available in electronic format now?

:welcome: on board.

Anybody fly with monarch before??
I cant decide whether to do the online check in or not, sometimes it is more hassle than its worth ..

I will have to see.

We flew with Monarch coming back from the Med cruise in May and were very impressed. We were supposed to fly with them to Barcelona as well for that cruise, but the Volcanic Ash put paid to this. I was so impressed how they handled this whole situation. We looked into doing online check in for that flight, but when I realized that we could only do this if we were paying for pre-assigned seats, I quickly gave up on this idea as I am too cheap to pay for pre-assigned seats. Check in at Barcelona was very smooth. We are flying with them again on Friday. Just make sure you updated your passport details on their website beforehand and everything should be fine.

Sound like you have had quite a task there!!! Glad you are getting there now!

We are just about packed. Booked our car rental, and flights for our Jan Panama Canal trip. They were two jobs stressing me so I feel much more relaxed now. Haven't quite got to that excited part yet though. Enjoy the feeling!!!

Looks like you had a productive day. Who did you go with for the flights in the end? We have this pleasure to come if we do book the Panama Canal cruise on board and there is a good likelihood that this will happen.

Corinna

Haven't checked in for a couple days. Looks like everyone has been busy pakcing and running to the airports. Safe travels to you all.

We left Emiel and Yvette last Friday to carry on to Bob and Lynne's. Here is how the trip went. Missed our first train out of Delft, good thing we planned for that. Caught the next three trains and transfers without any troubles. Got to DUS with lots of time to spare, 7 hours that is. Decided to save Candida any extra time on her feet we would relax at the airport. Checkec our luggage in so we wouldn't have to deal with that anymore. Our flight was delayed by 45 min. It was a good flight no troubles there. Got down to the luggage claim, and waited, and waited, and waited. NO LUGGAGE. They misplaced both of our bags. It finally arrived the next morning at Bob and Lynne's. It was at the airport the whole time. Just not were it should have been. It's been a fun time here. We'll see everyone in a few days.

Jon

Haven't checked in for a couple days. Looks like everyone has been busy pakcing and running to the airports. Safe travels to you all.

We left Emiel and Yvette last Friday to carry on to Bob and Lynne's. Here is how the trip went. Missed our first train out of Delft, good thing we planned for that. Caught the next three trains and transfers without any troubles. Got to DUS with lots of time to spare, 7 hours that is. Decided to save Candida any extra time on her feet we would relax at the airport. Checkec our luggage in so we wouldn't have to deal with that anymore. Our flight was delayed by 45 min. It was a good flight no troubles there. Got down to the luggage claim, and waited, and waited, and waited. NO LUGGAGE. They misplaced both of our bags. It finally arrived the next morning at Bob and Lynne's. It was at the airport the whole time. Just not were it should have been. It's been a fun time here. We'll see everyone in a few days.

Jon

I am sorry that you had an eventful journey. I am glad that the luggage turned up though.

Corinna

Jon

Sounds a bit stressful with missing trains and baggage giving you the runaround ... but hopefully things will go smoothly from now on. Hope you continue to have a great time with Lynne and Bob ... see you real soon in Barcelona :yay::yay::yay:

Vent ahead; you can skip it if you want.

Seriously why does shopping have to be such a pain??:confused3 It is so stressful as I can never find what I need or want. Then I end up buying stuff because I don't care and just want something that might work even though I totally dislike it. I don't think it would be quite so bad if I was within normal sizing charts but I am unfortunately not and it is just a royal pain. But even when I weighed about 50 pounds less I still struggled to find clothing. But even stuff that should be easy to locate was definitely not today.

Some of the reason for needing to shop now is due to my surgery I have incision sites at 5 different places/heights and things that fit before now pull and rub at places even though I weigh less then I did before the surgery.

Now to wash the stuff I got and then unto packing which I dislike as much or more.:headache::rolleyes1 While stuff is washing I am watching Lilo and Stitch and hoping my luggage packs itself.;)

I hope everyone's packing and planning is going well.
Preaching to the converted...

YES!!!!

Annie
Thats terrible,hope he is ok.............
Yes, we went to Alton Towers and had a wonderful time. I am too chicken for the big rides, but loved Duel (kind of like a cross between Haunted Mansion and Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin). I did this twice. I also did the log flume, Rapids, Runaway Mine Train, spinning tea cups and - big mistake- the galleon ride. We got so wet on this. It was a great day out.

:welcome: on board.

We flew with Monarch coming back from the Med cruise in May and were very impressed. We were supposed to fly with them to Barcelona as well for that cruise, but the Volcanic Ash put paid to this. I was so impressed how they handled this whole situation. We looked into doing online check in for that flight, but when I realized that we could only do this if we were paying for pre-assigned seats, I quickly gave up on this idea as I am too cheap to pay for pre-assigned seats. Check in at Barcelona was very smooth. We are flying with them again on Friday. Just make sure you updated your passport details on their website beforehand and everything should be fine.

Looks like you had a productive day. Who did you go with for the flights in the end? We have this pleasure to come if we do book the Panama Canal cruise on board and there is a good likelihood that this will happen.

Corinna
Me too Corinna, I never checked in online cause of that.

Jon

:headache: so annoying, glad youve got them now though.

:goodvibesFinished work:goodvibes

Now , I was going to go to bed for a few hours but my head is buzzing with all the stuff I have to do, going to pack, cause Im dreadingt hat the most then we will see.
Noel, I hope Ive not missed you, be safe and we will see you soon.

YES!!!!

Annie

Not what either of you needed right now!! Hope he feels better quickly and you can both enjoy your vacation!

Very late getting on the Dis this morning. I had such a good night's sleep and John let me sleep in till almost 9am, completely unheard so. Boy, I have so much to do I could have done with being up at 6am, but for sure I feel so much better!! Anyway the Dis was down when i got on the computer as it always is for about 15 minutes at that time, so have been so busy defuzzing etc I have only just got back. And, I couldn't find our thread!! I thought it was way down the page and wondered what was up....... until I saw this one!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I haven't been to the old one yet to finish off though.

Finally about 95% done packing. Leaving Tues. a.m. and just need to add the final important things like make-up, hairdryer, medicines, etc.

See ya Sat. in Barcelona. Happy travels everyone. :banana:

We leave tomorrow morning too. See you Saturday!! Safe travels to you.

Went to the old thread and saw it was closed. Too far behind to answer anyone so if anything important happened, will someone please PM me?

I thought we were done packing including our toiletries. However, John is still making door magnets. He weighed the magnetic paper in one of our suitcase and I have paid Air Berlin for the extra baggage. If he is wrong about he weight, he will just have to "wear" the magnets in his photography vest!!

By my calculations we are still ahead on air fare as the flight to Frankfurt is essentially free since it only cost $5.00 for the two of us though I wish I would not have had to ship a bag!!

All that is left after the magnet printing is get our mani/pedi's in the AM. Hopefully, that will relax both of us. We will have a late lunch and then proceed to the airport to hang out in the Red Carpet Club.

Bags are packed, in the hall and ready to put into the car in the morning. Here is a picture of our packed bags and Pal Mickey:

PalMickey.jpg

I feel so much better seeing someone with as much stuff as we will have!!! Thank you.:rotfl2: Save journey and see you soon.

Corinna

Haven't been to Alton Towers for years. Perhaps next year sometime.

We ended up with Virgin non sale prices for the convenience of direct from Manchester. We are going to fly back from LA to Orlando after some days over in the west and spend a couple of weeks relaxing in a cheaper place!

Jon

Oh isn't it awful when that happens. Glad you got your bags back so quickly though. It is one of the reasons we always arrive a few days before a cruise just in case bags go missing, giving some time for them to turn up. We had a bag not arrive home with us once from Lanzarote and because that company only flew Mondays and Thursdays, it was the 4 days later that we received it. But, we did receive it back, full of dirty washing too!!! Sometimes people never get their bags back.

Well Dis Friends,

The day has arrived!!!! I'm heading to the airport to start my journey. Thanks for all of the wonderful planning and chatting! I can't wait to meet all of you!!! It's going to be a MAGICAL adventure!!!!

Adios,
Dorothy :wave2:

Well Dis Friends,

The day has arrived!!!! I'm heading to the airport to start my journey. Thanks for all of the wonderful planning and chatting! I can't wait to meet all of you!!! It's going to be a MAGICAL adventure!!!!

Adios,

Have a pleasant safe journey. See you on the Magic!!

Does anyone have a link to the iPad Navigator? I can't find it now.

I went looking for it too, Marilyn. Couldn't find the link. Knew I should have acted quicker.....

Still deciding when to start packing......

Michael

Did find it on Post 19, but it says file no longer available.

I PM'd Sarah and she said it should be back, but it doesn't appear to be.

Hopefully she will sort it. Or PJ will. I should be able to download it in Barcelona if all else fails.

We made it to 10 :dance3:

:dance3::dance3:

Finally about 95% done packing. Leaving Tues. a.m. and just need to add the final important things like make-up, hairdryer, medicines, etc.

See ya Sat. in Barcelona. Happy travels everyone.

see you soon!!! Safe travels!:woohoo:

Went to the old thread and saw it was closed. Too far behind to answer anyone so if anything important happened, will someone please PM me?

I thought we were done packing including our toiletries. However, John is still making door magnets. He weighed the magnetic paper in one of our suitcase and I have paid Air Berlin for the extra baggage. If he is wrong about he weight, he will just have to "wear" the magnets in his photography vest!!

By my calculations we are still ahead on air fare as the flight to Frankfurt is essentially free since it only cost $5.00 for the two of us though I wish I would not have had to ship a bag!!

All that is left after the magnet printing is get our mani/pedi's in the AM. Hopefully, that will relax both of us. We will have a late lunch and then proceed to the airport to hang out in the Red Carpet Club.

Bags are packed, in the hall and ready to put into the car in the morning. Here is a picture of our packed bags and Pal Mickey:

PalMickey.jpg

Great picture! :yay: That must mean we are all really going!:yay:

The clean underwear reminded me of the story of hubby's first time at camp.

He was only 6 years old and his Grandmother thought it would be a good thing to send him to church camp. I won't go into details but it was not fun at all. He hated it. He tried to run away and they found him a mile down the road and brought him back. But the thing that is funny is that his mother had told him to be sure to put a clean pair of underwear on every day. (remember he is only 6 at the time) When he got home, his mother discovered he had 7 pairs of underwear on!!!!! He had not taken off any of the dirty underwear and changed them, he just kept piling on the pairs of them !!!!!!
[/COLOR][/B]

:rotfl::rotfl:

Safe travels to everyone leaving!!! See you in a few days.:dance3::dance3::dance3:

Well packing has been an epic failure.

Even using the Travelpro I don't have enough room for some small things like shoes, toiletries, the little kids fe gifts, bras, t shirts, caftans, makeup, hair dryer. :mad:

So I must repack tomorrow using the Jeep. :guilty: It really won't match, but at this point, matching luggage is the very least of my worries. :rolleyes1 That piece of luggage is big, old and ugly, but boy can it carry a lot of gear. :cool2::cool2::cool2:

Two and one half days of work. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

have to laugh Steffi......I was thinking exactly the same....my luggage should all match but we had to utilise another holdall so have borrowed dd's large 'camo' design student bag!:thumbsup2 At least we'll easily recognise it!:goodvibes

:littleangel:

This is what I hate about living in a different time zone, I get up in the morning and the thread is closed and I've lost all my multi-quote thingy-ma-jigs!

So anyhoo - Everyone that has left or is leaving - safe travels!
We have 3 more sleeps to go until we leave, can't believe it's finally here!

I have a hectic list of stuff to do over the next couple of days, won't be around much, see you all in a few days though! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Agree about the different time zone Hayley :thumbsup2

YES!!!!

Annie

Oh no! Poor Howard! Hope he recovers soon :hug:

I got wise to this around thread 4 or 5. I have expected for a days now that this thread might be closed at any time. So whenever I was not able to reply straight away, I multi-quoted, hit reply and then copied and pasted the lot into a blank email or Word document. I did this last night and now I can just hit reply again, copy and paste my multi-quotes into here and start replying.

Corinna

You are so organised! :worship: I think you should be giving us organisational lessons rather than jewellry workshops!:thumbsup2:goodvibes

Jon

Sorry to hear about the luggage problem Jon......enjoy your time with Lyn & Bob :goodvibes

Very late getting on the Dis this morning. I had such a good night's sleep and John let me sleep in till almost 9am, completely unheard so. Boy, I have so much to do I could have done with being up at 6am, but for sure I feel so much better!! Anyway the Dis was down when i got on the computer as it always is for about 15 minutes at that time, so have been so busy defuzzing etc I have only just got back. And, I couldn't find our thread!! I thought it was way down the page and wondered what was up....... until I saw this one!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I haven't been to the old one yet to finish off though.

Glad you had a better rest Marilyn, hope you get everything done you need to today :hug:

Well Dis Friends,

Adios,

Adios! See you Saturday! :dance3:

:littleangel:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter