Sept 14, 2013 - Western Fantasy Cruise!!!

This will be our first 7-night also we have decided on 2 excursions already :)
We are getting in Friday and staying with my Aunt she lives in Melbourne so we wont be to far away from the port.

Hi all! It looks like my family and I will be joining you all on this cruise. We were originally booked on the October 12th version, but something came up with my husband's work and we had to move it. Unfortunately now we will have to take our son out of school to cruise, but you only live once! We are myself, my husband, our son (who will be 6 when we cruise), my mom, and my dad. We would all love to participate in the FE. This is our third cruise. We did a 5-night on the Magic to the Bahamas last May and then a 7-night on the Wonder to Alaska last September. My parents were with us on the Magic, but it was just the three of us in Alaska (which was AWESOME!). I'm happy to be joining all of you and hoping nothing else comes up and we get to stay on this cruise.

Oh we are from Aurora, CO and my folks live in Deerfield Bch, FL!

jenf22 said:
Hi all! It looks like my family and I will be joining you all on this cruise. We were originally booked on the October 12th version, but something came up with my husband's work and we had to move it. Unfortunately now we will have to take our son out of school to cruise, but you only live once! We are myself, my husband, our son (who will be 6 when we cruise), my mom, and my dad. We would all love to participate in the FE. This is our third cruise. We did a 5-night on the Magic to the Bahamas last May and then a 7-night on the Wonder to Alaska last September. My parents were with us on the Magic, but it was just the three of us in Alaska (which was AWESOME!). I'm happy to be joining all of you and hoping nothing else comes up and we get to stay on this cruise.

Welcome to the group will be nice crusing with you all. i will add to you to FE list and when you get a chance can you PM me your cabin number , names and email address. Thank you.

If you are on Facebook please feel free to join our facebook group

Welcome Jen ! Happy planning for our cruise !!!!

how do i join the facebook group? i went to the page and clicked "join" but nothing happened. ?? i'm not all that great with navigating facebook.

zippyzo, i haven't been on here for a while, so i'm just wondering... do you have a spreadsheet or something of the sort set up yet where we can see in a list or chart all the families and individual participants in the FE? Thanks for organizing! I couldn't handle that job, plus, i have no idea how to make a spreadsheet! :goodvibes

Welcome to the group! Our son will also be 6 when we cruise in September. It would be fun to get them together. Thankfully we won't have to pull our son of out school for the cruise though. We live in a strange district where the kids go to school for 6 weeks and then get 1 week off.

Our party includes myself, DH, DS and MIL. Can't wait for September!!

how do i join the facebook group? i went to the page and clicked "join" but nothing happened. ?? i'm not all that great with navigating facebook.

I requested to join the FB group also! Looking forward to joining the group there as well.

mamiof2 said:

zippyzo, i haven't been on here for a while, so i'm just wondering... do you have a spreadsheet or something of the sort set up yet where we can see in a list or chart all the families and individual participants in the FE? Thanks for organizing! I couldn't handle that job, plus, i have no idea how to make a spreadsheet! :goodvibes

I do have a spreadsheet of the families so far. Do people want a copy so they can start planning. I was going to send it out nearer the cruise but will go with what other suggest. I just hope I do an ok job of sorting out the FE. When do people want the cut off date to be- suggestions welcome.

When you join the Facebook group it has to be approved by the person who set the group up. Have you been accepted yet?

I do have a spreadsheet of the families so far. Do people want a copy so they can start planning. I was going to send it out nearer the cruise but will go with what other suggest. I just hope I do an ok job of sorting out the FE. When do people want the cut off date to be- suggestions welcome.

When you join the Facebook group it has to be approved by the person who set the group up. Have you been accepted yet?

I'm not sure if you know how to do this... (I dont), but last year the FE coordinator put a link in his signature line to a google document spreadsheet. We could just link to it at any time to see the updates. it was quite convenient. i know personally, i'd like to know, even this early on, the number of participants and ages of kids particularly, so i can keep my eyes open for goodies and start making things now. I don't want to pressure you though, so whatever works for you is fine. It's just a suggestion. :goodvibes I'm sure whatever you do will be fine. we all appreciate you coordinating!! last year our cut off was a month prior. we called it a "soft deadline", allowing for late entry under the understanding that some people may be unable to include them at that late date. They would participate with those who could accommodate them. It worked well. and fortunately we all were able to accommodate all the late-comers.

I would like some input though, as far as what everyone has in mind in terms of gifting. meaning... one delivery per cabin or per person or per day or once per cruise??? I know that it doesnt have to be set in stone and some people will do different things, i was just hoping to get an idea of what others had in mind. On our last cruise, i had planned on gifting to every person every day. Then a couple weeks prior, our organizer decided to assign everyone 1 specific day to deliver. i really wished that had been decided WAY in advance!! It would've saved me alot of work and alot of money!!

I'm not sure if you know how to do this... (I dont), but last year the FE coordinator put a link in his signature line to a google document spreadsheet. We could just link to it at any time to see the updates. it was quite convenient. i know personally, i'd like to know, even this early on, the number of participants and ages of kids particularly, so i can keep my eyes open for goodies and start making things now. I don't want to pressure you though, so whatever works for you is fine. It's just a suggestion. :goodvibes I'm sure whatever you do will be fine. we all appreciate you coordinating!! last year our cut off was a month prior. we called it a "soft deadline", allowing for late entry under the understanding that some people may be unable to include them at that late date. They would participate with those who could accommodate them. It worked well. and fortunately we all were able to accommodate all the late-comers.

I would like some input though, as far as what everyone has in mind in terms of gifting. meaning... one delivery per cabin or per person or per day or once per cruise??? I know that it doesnt have to be set in stone and some people will do different things, i was just hoping to get an idea of what others had in mind. On our last cruise, i had planned on gifting to every person every day. Then a couple weeks prior, our organizer decided to assign everyone 1 specific day to deliver. i really wished that had been decided WAY in advance!! It would've saved me alot of work and alot of money!!

I will see what i can figure out but will probably have a play around at the weekend. I too was also think a cut off date at the begninning of august so people had plenty of time to sort gifts etc out - may be the 12th August - what do other think???

On our last trip you could deliever your gifts whenever you wanted, we gave the children invidual gifts but the adults shared which is similar to what we were planning for this cruise. I had never even thought of all having a particular day etc. I quite liked coming back to the room and finding gifts through out the cruise so again what do others like to do.

I have only ever taken part in one FE before any help / ideas are appreciated

On our last trip you could deliever your gifts whenever you wanted, we gave the children invidual gifts but the adults shared which is similar to what we were planning for this cruise. I had never even thought of all having a particular day etc. I quite liked coming back to the room and finding gifts through out the cruise so again what do others like to do.

I have only ever taken part in one FE before any help / ideas are appreciated

I vote for delivering whenever, not scheduled! So did you gift every day or once per cruise? Based on what the majority did last year, i will plan to gift once per cruise, i think. I'm really curious as to how many participating cabins we will get. i've read about some cruises that have had over 100 rooms participate! :scared1: In those cases they break down into smaller groups. Last year we had around 18 cabins i think. It was a good number.

On both of the FE i participated in we did it when ever we wanted (most everyone did it while the ship was in Nassau we were on the Dream) and only one gift for the cruise not one per day.

so i have had a look at decided that I am not quite clever enought to figure out how to attach the FE list as a document online.:confused3

But I could add it to the Facebook page as a document then people could look as and when they want and those that are not on facebook I could email you as and when I add families on.

I think i have done it can someone try please. The link to the FE list so it is on here and facebook

You did great Zoe !
As I mentioned in our FB group, we had like 50 cabins on our last Fantasy cruise. Hubby and I delivered them over 2-3 days......lots more walking on the Fantasy as compared to the Magic !

Hello everyone! We'll be joining you on this cruise. Some of us booked this trip at the beginning of last year and then my daughters decided to join the group this past fall. We have three balcony cabins with 8 females: myself, my sister, my sister in law, our good friend, two of my daughters, my granddaughter and one daughter's best friend. Its a girls trip and our ages range from 9 (my granddaughter) to 61 (me). We are all huge Disney fans and very excited. Its is the second Disney cruise trip for four of us and the first for my daughters and friend and my granddaughter's very first cruise! Talk about setting the bar high! :)
Would someone explain exactly what a fish extender is? Thanks. I'd like to join in on FB also. pixiedust:

Hello everyone! We'll be joining you on this cruise. Some of us booked this trip at the beginning of last year and then my daughters decided to join the group this past fall. We have three balcony cabins with 8 females: myself, my sister, my sister in law, our good friend, two of my daughters, my granddaughter and one daughter's best friend. Its a girls trip and our ages range from 9 (my granddaughter) to 61 (me). We are all huge Disney fans and very excited. Its is the second Disney cruise trip for four of us and the first for my daughters and friend and my granddaughter's very first cruise! Talk about setting the bar high! :)
Would someone explain exactly what a fish extender is? Thanks. I'd like to join in on FB also. pixiedust:

Welcome! Fish extender or FE is a gift exchange. you make or buy a hanging pouch / pocket thingy to hang outside your cabin door, then you get cool gifts delivered in there by the participants. and likewise, you deliver to the other participants. Alot of the gifts are cool homemade Disney-themed goodies, but they dont have to be. Usually each person has their own pouch on their FE hanger, so u can deliver a separate gift to each person, especially for children. Do a search on DIS and see lots of threads with really great FE ideas. I'm still reading through a thread of 249 pages of great ideas. Also you can find pictures of some of the awesome homemade FE hangers. I made mine, it was pretty easy, and I was super happy with how it turned out!

Welcome !!!! Sounds like you have a great trip planned :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter