Sept 1 2013 Disney Dream

Is anyone else flying into MCO the same day our cruise leaves? This idea is making me nervous!!!! I've contemplated changing our flights to where we fly in the 31st but it would be $300 total to change the day. That $300 could go elsewhere but there's the "what if's". We would also have to add on $150 for a room that night and then there's dinner. Any thoughts?

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Hello :)

Yes I did it last year and I'm doing it again this year. I booked the Disney transportation to and from the airport ($75pp, but in my opinion worth it for the hassle free experience) and I make sure my flight arrives before their latest recommended time (Which I think is 1pm?). When we did it last year, our flight arrived around 12:45pm and we were on the ship by about 2/2:30. I think we have to be on the ship by 4 so this gave us 2 hours of wiggle room for flight delays and what not. For a single flight (no connections) I think that's a good margin.

Is anyone else flying into MCO the same day our cruise leaves? This idea is making me nervous!!!! I've contemplated changing our flights to where we fly in the 31st but it would be $300 total to change the day. That $300 could go elsewhere but there's the "what if's". We would also have to add on $150 for a room that night and then there's dinner. Any thoughts?

Sent from my Galaxy SII

We are flying in the same day. This will be my 12th Disney Cruise and no issues. I think the same..all the extra$$$$ can be spent on other things. We have an early flight in the morning...so fingers crossed it will be fine.

chiburple said:

Yes I did it last year and I'm doing it again this year. I booked the Disney transportation to and from the airport ($75pp, but in my opinion worth it for the hassle free experience) and I make sure my flight arrives before their latest recommended time (Which I think is 1pm?). When we did it last year, our flight arrived around 12:45pm and we were on the ship by about 2/2:30. I think we have to be on the ship by 4 so this gave us 2 hours of wiggle room for flight delays and what not. For a single flight (no connections) I think that's a good margin.

Ok, I feel much better!!! Our flight is a direct flight from Cincinnati and gets to MCO at 11:43 am.

Disneyelf10 said:
We are flying in the same day. This will be my 12th Disney Cruise and no issues. I think the same..all the extra$$$$ can be spent on other things. We have an early flight in the morning...so fingers crossed it will be fine.

That's great to hear!! Ok, I don't feel so bad flying in same day. We've never had issues flying into MCO, knock on wood, it's always a direct flight so no worries about a flight delay at a connection stop.

Can't wait for our cruise!!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII

chiburple said:

Oh yes, we also got DCL transfers. I figure once we're at the airport we won't have to worry about our luggage and we're in Disney's hands to get us to the port.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

IBelieveInTheMagic said:
To those waiting on GTY assignments, if you haven't already checked you might want to again! We got our 7A GTY around 230pm and we were upgraded to cat 5A so I'm pleased!

I hope you others waiting have your assignments or you get them soon. I hope I can be much more productive at work now since I won't have to check 100 x a day now! :lmao:

Heather

Ok, I am confused!!! When I log in it shows a room assignment and shows category 07A, that's the same category I booked. When I look up the room on the deck plan it shows it's category 05C with verandah, when I originally booked it was a navigator's verandah which would have been category 07A. Does this mean I was upgraded? The room the assigned us is almost right in the middle of the ship.

DznyCrzy11 said:
Ok, I am confused!!! When I log in it shows a room assignment and shows category 07A, that's the same category I booked. When I look up the room on the deck plan it shows it's category 05C with verandah, when I originally booked it was a navigator's verandah which would have been category 07A. Does this mean I was upgraded? The room the assigned us is almost right in the middle of the ship.

Ok, wait, I figured it out!!! Ok, so this is a slight upgrade, from "obstructed" navigator's verandah to a full verandah!!!! Woo hoo, that's good enough for me!!!!

Finally back in the grove and so excited about this cruise!

We got all our flights booked and booked our room at the Hyatt MCO. Now we need to figure out transportation to and from the port. Will definitely book limo to the port (it is tradition and we always drink mimosas along the way) but thinking about booking DCL transfers back to the airport so we can do airline check-in on board the ship.

Now I have my girls cruise to look forward to and I'm excited to show my friends the beautiful Dream and one has never cruised and the other has only sailed Carnival. They are both very excited! :banana:

Take care,
Heather

Sounds like we are in the same boat Heather. :teeth: (pun intended) I have two friends joining me on this cruise too and one has never cruised and the other has only been on RCI. Should be an exciting time!

I booked a GTY 11C & we have been assigned an 11a. Not a big upgrade. I knew with a family of three we would have an inside cabin but I really don't care!! I am just thrilled we will be on the ship!!! I am sure we won't be in our room much anyway, too much to cram in four days!!

I booked a GTY 11C & we have been assigned an 11a. Not a big upgrade. I knew with a family of three we would have an inside cabin but I really don't care!! I am just thrilled we will be on the ship!!! I am sure we won't be in our room much anyway, too much to cram in four days!!

I had an 11A cat last year. I loved my inside cabin. It was so roomy. The inside was as big as an ocean view on other ships. I was on deck 9 back than. The magical porthole was an awesome feature. If I wasn't taking my mom this time, I would have loved to have my inside again. I also loved being off of a main hallway. Private and quiet area and so easy to get around every where. You will enjoy your cabin pixiedust:

Very excited to be cruising with you all!! It iOS out first time with Dcl. My mom and I are celebrating turning 50 and 30 with my hubby and 5year old son and three year old daughter!!!

I am glad the inside room is good!! I hope it won't be too small for three!
I can't wait to go!! My oldest DD still doesn't know we are taking our
Youngest DD and not her!!! I don't know when we will tell her! :rotfl2:

Finally back in the grove and so excited about this cruise!

We got all our flights booked and booked our room at the Hyatt MCO. Now we need to figure out transportation to and from the port. Will definitely book limo to the port (it is tradition and we always drink mimosas along the way) but thinking about booking DCL transfers back to the airport so we can do airline check-in on board the ship.

Tell me more about the Limo! We are going down Friday night, doing parks all day Saturday, going to breakfast at Ohana and surprising the kids with a cruise. We were thinking a limo would be great to add to the surprise.

What parks are you doing Saturday? I thought about doing the parks Saturday but just opted for downtown Disney. I booked pop century for Saturday. We are also staying there after the cruise!!

I am getting so excited!! It is really hard keeping this from my oldest dd!! She will be so mad!!! Do I have to tell her?

We are flying from Detroit sat morning and going to Animal kingdom. We are having dinner at trex and then when we return Friday going to magic kingdom and having dinner with pooh and gang. Then Saturday we are doing Hollywood before we leave at 830. I'm so glad sophia is there or we might have cancelled hwd.

We are going also!! Me, DH, and 17 yr old DD. We haven't told our 19 yr old dd we are leaving her behind!!!!

We have cruised with DCL 3 times, I think, maybe four. We are going to book a stay at DW after the cruise. I just bought tickets to Night of Joy!! We are so excited!!

We are actually going on a Carnival Cruise at the end of this month. We are looking forward to that too. On Carnival we can afford a balcony. On DCL we book GTY cabins and are just happy to be onboard :)

We are not planning on any excursions. Just going to hang out on the ship. We usually take 7 day cruises so the 4 day is going to be so short!!

Have a great day!!

Trying to read through all these pages and came across your post. We are going to Night of Joy after also. It's actually what started this whole trip and the only reason the kids think we are going to Disney. We are surprising them with the cruise before.

Trying to read through all these pages and came across your post. We are going to Night of Joy after also. It's actually what started this whole trip and the only reason the kids think we are going to Disney. We are surprising them with the cruise before.

That is cool. Where are you staying after the cruise?? We are are staying at POP. My oldest dd will be flying into MCO thurs night to join us. We are hoping she won't be too mad that we took a cruise w/o her! I have only bought two tickets to NoJ. I am letting my girls go & DH & I will go hang out while they are enjoying themselves!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter