• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sep 17, 2016 Fantasy Cruise

This is our 2nd time on the Fantasy on this same itinerary. This time, in addition to my wife and daughter, the grandparents will be joining us.

I just booked our cruise! Can someone link me to something that explains what FE is? This will be our first cruise and we are super excited!

Hi! Hubby and I just decided on this cruise for our anniversary! :cool1: It will be just he and I- first time on the Fantasy, first cruise was on the Magic :)

I just booked our cruise! Can someone link me to something that explains what FE is? This will be our first cruise and we are super excited!
WHAT IS A FISH EXTENDER? (FE)
Outside your room onboard is a message holder, in most cases it's shaped like a fish:
fish holder wonder 2012 1408 100_7536.JPG
The fish is there for Disney to place important communications to you such as excursion tickets and notes from the Cruise staff. It is like a mailbox for your room. A Fish Extender (FE) it is something that you hang off the fish. By hanging the Fish Extender off of the fish, the Cast Members can still use it for its original purpose.THIS IS NOT A ONE ON ONE EXCHANGE, YOU ARE PART OF A GROUP. All the people in the exchange buy or make little items and place them in each other's fish extenders. It is great fun to come back and check the items you have received.

Once a cruise meet thread is up and running, someone in the group will (should?) step up and say "I'll maintain the Fish Extender exchange list". That person is the center point for all those who want to participate in the exchange. The list can be as simple as DISnames/room number/number of guests or as involved as full names/room number/ages of guests/like & dislikes/allergies/favorite characters/whatever is deemed necessary to know assemble the gifts.

Then each room on the FE list (note this will not be everyone on the Cruise Meet thread for your specific cruise), makes a Fish Extender holder. This is basically an organizer-type hanging bag with separate pockets for each person in the room:
door magnets 4 wonder oct 2011 256 100_3589 1500.jpg
The most common Fish Extenders are ones that have a pocket for each person in that stateroom. Some are very fancy, some are very plain. Some are store bought, some are homemade. Search "Disney fish extender" and you will get options that range in price. You should make sure your Fish Extender is between 8" & 12"" wide. Otherwise it starts to get in the way of your stateroom door. It should not exceed 5 feet; otherwise it will hit the floor. If you are creating your own it is suggested you make the pockets a little deeper than normal too. It will keep items from falling out and keep curious hands from reaching in (average depth is 5-6 inches)but 8-11 is a better way to go if you are making it yourself

They also make up gifts (either individual gifts or room gifts - whatever is decided by your group) to be delivered during the cruise).

One note about the gifts, some groups set up specific delivery dates, and specify "each person gets a gift" or "only one gift per room" or (even) maximum/minimum price ranges for gifts. Other groups just say "whatever", so people can choose what/how many gifts to give. Some give individual gifts, others only one gift per room, while others might do one for the adults and separate gifts for kids. Or only gift the kids.

Hello, I know it is a looong way for this one but I am so excited I can barely take it, LOL!

Anyway, my name is Tania (33) and I will be traveling with my husband, V (34).

Want to participate in Fish Extenders is anyone is interested.

Hi Tania!
I'll also be traveling with my husband (M) on this cruise! This will be our second Disney Cruise...first was in June for our honeymoon. We did not do FE last time, but wish we had! Is there a FE group we could join? How do I find that page?

Hello everyone,
This will be our fourth Disney Cruise and will complete all four ships. We are a larger group as it will include:
Me, wife, and our 2 year old son
My wife's parents and her youngest sister
My wife's other sister, husband and 2 year old daughter.

Happy to meet you all.

2010 - Magic
2012 - Dream
2014 - Wonder
2016 - Fantasy

Hi All, just booked this cruise. We moved dates a few times, but this one should stick as we are combining it with an Orlando stay at our timeshare. It will be just dh and I sailing for the 8th time with DCL, second time on the lovely Fantasy. I requested to join in the fun on that other site. Not sure if we will do fish extender or not.

Joining - getting excited and in full planning mode - will be DH (49) and I (47) for my first cruise, he has been on several before, but his first time stopping in Falmouth. Planning our excursions and counting down the days!!

My wife and I are are in one this cruise. We're celebrating our 20th anniversary... leaving the kids (16,14 and 9) at home for the first time is a VERY long time. We've cruised twice before, both on the Magic Eastern, and WAAAAY back in 2005 on the "Molar Express" we played FE when it was called DIStag. tons of fun...

Welcome iluveeyore and llyolf! Glad to see we won't be the only ones sailing without kids this voyage. :)

I just booked our cabin for this cruise! So excited!!! First time for a cruise. Our party consists of me, DH, twin boys (15), and DD (11). We will be on fall break from school (year round program) and celebrating our November 25th anniversary a little early.

Last edited:
Hi! Booked this cruise! I requested into the FB group, can someone please let me in? :-) Can we still sign up for the fishextender?! I hope so!!!

This will be our 6th Disney cruise and we will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary.

It will be me, hubby and three kiddos (DS 1,5 & 8)

We just booked this cruise for our 20th wedding anniversary. It is just going to be my DH(49) and me (42). We are leaving our DS(16) at home due to school. This will be our 9th DCL cruise.

Hello! This will be our second cruise. Our first cruise was on the Dream for just me and hubby. This time we are bringing our 3 year old son, my parents and my sister and her husband. We did not participate in the fish extenders on the last cruise as we didn't know about them but we are looking forward to this one! Can I still join the fish extenders group on Facebook?

Hello! This will be our second cruise. Our first cruise was on the Dream for just me and hubby. This time we are bringing our 3 year old son, my parents and my sister and her husband. We did not participate in the fish extenders on the last cruise as we didn't know about them but we are looking forward to this one! Can I still join the fish extenders group on Facebook?
Hi there! I think there are still a few groups open. :)
Here's a link to the group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/353895694811310/?ref=br_tf

Thanx Bailey Hill. I tried that link and it shows the group closed. It let me request to join but I am not sure what I am suppose to do now. This is all new to me.

Hi Everyone!

This will be my husbands and mine first cruise. We are going for our honeymoon/ 1 year anniversary since we did not take a honeymoon. I was curious about the fish extender group and how it worked. Is it more of a kid thing? Since it's just my husband and I, wasn't sure if we could partake. We are very excited to start cruising!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter