Sent away for free DVD

arkitekt

Earning My Ears
So I signed up with DW for their free DVD planning kit. Will that get me onto the code list? Will a code come with the DVD? Will I just have to wait it out and hope that some discount is coming and finally realize that I should have made a reservation sooner? I'd hate to wait it out and not have a code and not have a hotel.

Again, I will be trying for March 21-26. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Not necessarily. I order that silly planning DVD, the DVC info, and the cruise line DVD every year, plus do every survey they send me, and have signed up on every Disney site. I still have never received a code in my name. On the other hand, my 75 y/o mom who has only ever gone to WDW a few times when I've taken her, got a 40% off PIN code last fall, for certain dates in 2009. There is no way they have any information on her besides her name as one of the people in my room. Every trip the room has been in my name. She does live with me though, so the code came to my address (but in her name).:confused3

So I signed up with DW for their free DVD planning kit. Will that get me onto the code list? Will a code come with the DVD? Will I just have to wait it out and hope that some discount is coming and finally realize that I should have made a reservation sooner? I'd hate to wait it out and not have a code and not have a hotel.

Again, I will be trying for March 21-26. Any thoughts? Thanks.

It may or may not help, but it certainly can't hurt. You can go ahead and make a reservation at full price, and then watch for any discounts to come available and call and have those applied to the reservation, provided there is availability for your room/resort choice. Sometimes you might need to alter your reservation for the discount. General public discounts are typically announced in Nov. for the upcoming year.

I started planning my April 2010 trip, this past April 2009. I signed up for everything and anything I could (dvd, credit card, disney store, etc) I just got my first pin code sent to me yesterday!

We have gotten 2 pins this summer ( I got one and my roommate got one). Both times they came just a couple weeks after we ordered the personalised maps. Make a difference? I dunno, but can't hurt.:thumbsup2

We have gotten 2 pins this summer ( I got one and my roommate got one). Both times they came just a couple weeks after we ordered the personalised maps. Make a difference? I dunno, but can't hurt.:thumbsup2

I have signed up for everything and still no PIN for me. :sad1:

C'mon Disney, I'm not feeling the love. :goodvibes

Just an update. I signed up for the dvd planner and some time later after I booked my trip, maybe a month or so, they sent me a pin code in my email which I applied for $650 or thereabouts.

I am going to sign up with them again this year under my wifes email and hope that works again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter