Senior Discount Ticket

jagson

Mouseketeer
Has this ever been discussed, or proposed? I suspect most Seniors do not ride the roller coaster rides, nor many of the other rides. Many will accompany their grandchildren to the parks, but not go on any of the rides. Same argument for many people with disabilities. Both groups utilize fewer of the attractions, so why not give us a break? We spend our money, if not more, than younger people who will be on rides primarily. We'll likelier go to the Parks in greater numbers, with our families, if less expensive; buy more souvenirs for the grandkids; etc. What do others think of this, especially the older DVC Members?

Has this ever been discussed, or proposed? I suspect most Seniors do not ride the roller coaster rides, nor many of the other rides. Many will accompany their grandchildren to the parks, but not go on any of the rides. Same argument for many people with disabilities. Both groups utilize fewer of the attractions, so why not give us a break? We spend our money, if not more, than younger people who will be on rides primarily. We'll likelier go to the Parks in greater numbers, with our families, if less expensive; buy more souvenirs for the grandkids; etc. What do others think of this, especially the older DVC Members?
Disney has very few roller coasters, and newborn babies can go on most rides. They offer a variety of entertainment. You can easily fill your days with shows and window shopping. There's no need to offer a senior discount. Many seniors ride rides.

I have to agree. Disney is not heavily weighted towards intense thrill rides at all. There is a ton to do that doesn't involve that which in in good part what makes it so good for a multi-generational trip.

If selling a senior ticket makes Disney more money than selling regular tickets, then they will sell it.

:earsboy: Bill

I think most seniors are coming to watch there grand kids at Disney so they are paying for the ticket and coming into the parks no matter what.

If they think they will make more money long term they might do so. I don't see that offering a discount will cause people to go spend money that wouldn't otherwise. They offer FL resident options for the very reason, to get them to go more and spend more money. The same with other special tickets including those over seas. Look at the way they charge kids, a kids ticket is marginally less than an adult ticket and once you're 10 you are charged as an adult. It's not about giving a discount for controlling behavior, they don't give a discount simply to be nice and they're certainly not going to do so for a group they judge will spend the higher costs routinely.

I think most seniors are coming to watch there grand kids at Disney so they are paying for the ticket and coming into the parks no matter what.

I think most grandparents that have never been think they are just going to watch their grandkids, but they quickly realize just how much they can and want to do too. Even at 90 and 83 my grandfather and grandmother went on every single ride in Epcot, including test track and soarin. I think most seniors ride/watch more than you might think.

I think most grandparents that have never been think they are just going to watch their grandkids, but they quickly realize just how much they can and want to do too. Even at 90 and 83 my grandfather and grandmother went on every single ride in Epcot, including test track and soarin. I think most seniors ride/watch more than you might think.

I think my 80 something yo mother enjoyed Disney even more at that age than when she was younger. She was always asking when we were going again and she couldn't walk further than 30 steps at a time. We did shows, parades, fireworks, rides including Soarin' and dined.

Okay, "Uncle, Uncle", bad idea. I was just trying to get a cheaper ticket for those of us on fixed income. We feel forgotten, marginalized. We'd like to have fun too.

Okay, "Uncle, Uncle", bad idea. I was just trying to get a cheaper ticket for those of us on fixed income. We feel forgotten, marginalized. We'd like to have fun too.

Disney doesn't offer cheaper tickets, only tickets that appear to be cheaper. You can still have fun, just pay full price. :-)

:earsboy: Bill

Move to FL, LOL. There are ways to save a little here and there.

There are ways to save on tickets. Do you have a Target nearby? If you get their redcard (debit or credit), you can purchase Disney gift cards for 5% off. The savings adds up. There are other stores with savings as well, and sites like undercover tourist and parksavers for discounted tickets.

No, not a bad idea. We get discounts at lots of restaurants, admission to lots of places, etc. Senior discount tickets are a wonderful idea-who doesn't want a discount? But, realistically, ain't gonna happen. And like a PP said, if we have to pay full price to see our grandchildren' faces at WDW, so be it.

It's not a "bad" idea. In fact, "long ago in a theme park far, far away.. " when Disneyland opened, they had a "general admission" ticket which cost $1. Or you could get the 8 ticket book for $2.40 which also included admission.

General admission was available at Disneyland until the ticket books went away completely in 1982.

Walt's intent behind the general admission ticket was so that grandparents, and parents to a lesser extent, world be willing to bring the children for the day but not feel like they had to pay for something they weren't going to use. Of course, they could always buy an individual ticket (at 2-3 times the price of that same ticket in the ticket book, naturally) so they could ride too.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter