Selling DCL cruises on Ebay

I'm not a member of e-bay, but someone should report this as bogus. I have never heard of a DCL buy one, get one certificate. Even if there is such a thing, DCL does not go to half the places this person has listed (Hawaii, Pacific Northwest, etc.)

I did not see a place to report it as fradulent. I did send a flag that the seller has not shown any verification in the listing that the item being sold is authentic. It is possible that this person somehow managed to get some sort of cruise certificate that they are trying to sell. They are however misrepresenting it by listing ports of call not currently offered on DCL.

I've been an eBay seller for years, and there are several things I check about a seller before I buy from them. There are many "less than honest" eBayers.

That is so weird! Why would the buy it now be only $25??? And then they will double the deal if you Buy It Now. Doesn't make sense.

This is weird. You have to read the fine print. I don't get it though -- you are actually bidding on a poker guide and getting the cert as a gift?

This is copied from the seller's page on ebay:

Making Reservations

A 30 day notice is required. You travel the dates you want. This is good for one full year. After payment is received you will receive your item and the certificate in the mail. You book directly through the travel agency.

Terms and Conditions

This is valid for adults 21 years or older. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same cabin by parent, relative, or legal guardian 25 years or older. Cruise vacation fees/charges/government taxes, airfare, and transfers are not included. Buy 1 ticket at regular price and get 1 ticket free in the same cabin. Based on double occupancy. This is for an inside cabin. You can upgrade for an additional charge. A $15.00 processing fee is due to redeem certificate. I am square trade verified: 088831349635.

This is guaranteed not to be connected with any timeshare presentation or sales presentation of any kind. No expiration until certificate is activated by you. Then you will have a year to book

This auction is for the Poker Strategy Guide, you will receive the cruise as my Free Gift.

To keep Ebay happy, I am giving the cruise as my free gift when you bid and win this poker strategy guide. This guide will give you insight into the world of poker. Great for anyone just learning. So you are bidding on this guide and getting the Cruise as My Free Gift!!

Good Luck, and enjoy you Strategy Card and your Free Cruise!

Wow! Sneaky. I scanned through the fine print but I completely didn't even see about the Poker Guide.

I filed a fraud report with ebay. You have to work your way through the help topic area.

GeorgiaVol said:
I filed a fraud report with ebay. You have to work your way through the help topic area.

Thanks........... let's see if they pull the listing.

Lots of negative feedback. Looks like it is a bogo or 1/2 off list - likely can get same/better via DU or others.

Any way you look at it, eBay will likely pull the listing. It is listed under gift certificates, but the item being sold is actually a poker guide. This is exactly the type of seller that gives the rest of us a bad name. :rolleyes:

If you look at the other items being sold by this seller, they are all identical with the Cruise company changed.

Buyers Beware!!

I'm curoius how this person would give away a minimum $800 cruise for $25. If someone wants to experiement and bid to see what you actually get... Starting bid is 99 cents. Then shipping is $5.00. anyone want to give away 6 bucks to see what happens???

misseulalie said:
I'm curoius how this person would give away a minimum $800 cruise for $25. If someone wants to experiement and bid to see what you actually get... Starting bid is 99 cents. Then shipping is $5.00. anyone want to give away 6 bucks to see what happens???

Well since he makes a point of saying you are paying for the "guide", the certificate is free... the certificate is probably just a fancy piece of paper with writing on it saying its for a cruise, but in fact is just a piece of paper.

He probably tried selling just the certificate and got shut down by E bay, so now is trying the "guide" thing with the cert as a "gift". When in reality he is hoping to draw bids because people will think they are getting a cruise.

Can just hear his argument now.... "I never said it was a cruise, I said it was a certificate for a cruise..." lol

Anyway the link wouldnt work for me so maybe those who reported him got E bays attention! :)

The link stopped working for me as well. Looks like they pulled the listing. Hopefully they went looking for the other listings that BuzzNutt found and pulled them too.

The thing about the BOGO free is that you don't know what you'll pay for the first one. The travel agency could double the price of the first cruise to make it look like the "lucky buyer of the certificate" were buying one and getting the other "free." :sad2:

outahere said:
Thanks........... let's see if they pull the listing.

Ebay is pretty good about pulling bad/false claim auctions. People try listing pirated dvds of Dreams, Golden Mickeys, and Herc. Don't expect an instant zap from Ebay, but it will get pulled trust me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter