self serve kiosk alamo

teacher2525

Mom of Huey, Dewey & Louey
anyone know where the self service kiosk is located for alamo? Is it near the check in desk or out in the garage?

Oh how I LOVE those kiosks!! Seriously, last year there were at least 40 people in line at the desk and not a single person at the kiosk. I walked right up, did my thing and was out of there before the next person in line had even stepped up to the desk!

Oh how I LOVE those kiosks!! Seriously, last year there were at least 40 people in line at the desk and not a single person at the kiosk. I walked right up, did my thing and was out of there before the next person in line had even stepped up to the desk!

I am not sure why everyone uses the counter. Though I guess I don't mind since it makes the wait for a kiosk almost nothing.

I would love to use the kiosk, but on one trip, an agent told me that the kiosk only works for American driver licenses. Is this true? I have a Canadian license and would use the kiosk in a heartbeat. I am also using the Costco code, though, so that may be an issue as well.

Thanks!

I would love to use the kiosk, but on one trip, an agent told me that the kiosk only works for American driver licenses. Is this true? I have a Canadian license and would use the kiosk in a heartbeat. I am also using the Costco code, though, so that may be an issue as well.

Thanks!

Hopefully someone can confirm whether Canadian driver licenses work at Alamo Kiosk @MCO. I also would like to know whether I can use Alamo kiosk check-in if I used a $ off coupon with my reservation? I tried on-line check-in, and didn't work. TIA

I can confirm that we (Canadian) had no problem at all using the kiosk last year in Sandford airport, and we were also using a coupon. You must do the "Save Time" before you leave though.
We are hoping to use the kiosk again tomorrow night :-)cool1:) when we arrive in Clearwater :banana:

I can confirm that we (Canadian) had no problem at all using the kiosk last year in Sandford airport, and we were also using a coupon. You must do the "Save Time" before you leave though.
We are hoping to use the kiosk again tomorrow night :-)cool1:) when we arrive in Clearwater :banana:

Thanks Tanooki! I will try Save Time before I go then.

I actually just reserved a car with Alamo about 20 minutes ago for our upcoming trip. How exactly does the kiosk work?

We love using the kiosk- no wait! I learned about it on here!

I don't remember the procedure but just followed the directions on the screen. It was very simple and quick. Much better than waiting in line! It also honored my 2nd driver free code that I used to reserve it on-line.

Hopefully someone can confirm whether Canadian driver licenses work at Alamo Kiosk @MCO. I also would like to know whether I can use Alamo kiosk check-in if I used a $ off coupon with my reservation? I tried on-line check-in, and didn't work. TIA

We're Canadian and have used the Kiosk at MCO numerous times with no problem :thumbsup2

And I can now tell you all that the kiosk in Clearwater worked like a charm with Canadian driver's licenses, a free additional driver, a Costco code AND a coupon :rotfl:
Now THAT was easy! :thumbsup2

I actually just reserved a car with Alamo about 20 minutes ago for our upcoming trip. How exactly does the kiosk work?

Your confirmation will have a link for a "save time" option - follow that link and then enter your information - address, phone, DOB, driver's license info. It links this info to your reservation and allows you to use the kiosk to complete your reservation.

At the airport, you go to the Alamo counter on the lower level (level 1) of the terminal. You'll see a row of touch-screen kiosks (usually standing ignored near a long line of people waiting for a counter agent). You'll scan a credit card (or I think the bar code on your printed confirmation...can't remember if that works) and it will use your CC info to find your reservation. If it can't find it, you'll have to enter your reservation number. It will ask you to verify your information, your car type (usually offering you a "would you like to upgrade to X for 'just' $x per day?"), and it also offers you insurance and gas pre-pay options (which you can decline). It'll ask you questions about type of trip (business/leisure), number of people in your group, number of luggage pieces. IIRC, it asks you to swipe your payment method. Then it will print out a long, narrow strip of paper and direct you to the parking garage. This takes about 2-3 minutes, tops.

The garage is across the "street" and the cars are on the 2nd level. The parking rows are marked with car sizes (SUV, minivan, fullsize, etc). All the cars are unlocked with keys inside or in the door keyhole. You simply find your row, pick the car you want and drive to the exit. There is a staffed gate at the exit where you'll show the paperwork from the kiosk, your driver's license and the hangtag from the vehicle. (As many times as I've done this, you'd think I'd remember...but you might have to show the CC you used, too. Maybe not.) The agent will give you back your paperwork and you're on your way! :woohoo:

There is a staffed gate at the exit where you'll show the paperwork from the kiosk, your driver's license and the hangtag from the vehicle. (As many times as I've done this, you'd think I'd remember...but you might have to show the CC you used, too. Maybe not.) The agent will give you back your paperwork and you're on your way! :woohoo:

No more hang tags. They now use some type of computer printed receipt that usually put up in the very front corner of the dash. I suggest actually getting it out of there before pulling up to the gate. Having to strain to be able to reach it is not easy when seated, and it wouldn be difficult to open the door to get out when at the booth.

I have a question about using the kiosks...
Is there anyone that goes over the car with you to see if there are any dings or dents before you drive away?

When we have rented before (Enterprise, but this time Alamo), someone always would walk out with you to the car and you would check the car together.

Thanks for any information.
Bonnie

When we used the kiosk (and the regular line at Dollar) we were just told to go pick a car from a certain area. Nobody checked the car at all.

No one checks the car. You may want to check it yourself and take some photos with your phone if you find any damage. This way you will have something to show it was that way when you picked it up. They don't really look at the car in great detail when returning it though. I don't think they are concened with monor scratches and such.

That's how it was for us too!! My husband was going to wait in line and I said NO WAY! Grabbed our paperwork.. did our thing and we were gone! He just looked at me and said "I'm glad you know how to do that stuff" :rotfl: (He doesn't know how to even turn on a computer)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter